• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash oddities

DroxSorcerer

Smash Cadet
I was playing with Toon Link on the Lylat Cruise stage. I had the Final Smash, and I was under the left wing. I had three opponents, two above me, one under the right wing. Now, Toon Link's Final Smash, as you may already know, has short range, about two character lengths infront of him. I thought I'd short hop and hopefully get someone above me. However, instead of getting someone above me, it got the person all the way on the other side of the screen. Has anyone had something like this happen the them?

Jash098

Smash Rookie
If this was online, it could of been Caused by Major Lag. It has happened to me with someone else's special before, but it still happens every now and then.

Fire52388

Smash Cadet
I've actually had that happen as well. I accidentally got someone all the way at the other side of the stage on Final Destination. I know I did do it in the air, which I think has something to do with it, but otherwise I have no idea.

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
Actually, every time I get the final smash, I only hit someone if they're in front, and they have to be pretty close too.
This is weird, because whenever I hit someone from really close, I get the initial slash and the Triforce breaks. Pretty useless. I'm not sure how the ranging works, but I think the opponent has to be at least a laser-length (you know, the laser he shoots out) away to get the full effects.

Kilikan

Smash Apprentice
It depends on the stage size. If you'll note when you go into stage editor that there are three stages, small medium and large, and each of the grids is made up of different sized boxes that you can snap the walls/floors etc. onto. If you'll look at them, they are actually bigger in small and in medium a little smaller and in large minute, I think this is what is used to tell the "smash spacing," as generally TL's smash attack can reach from 1 to 2 character spaces away. Basically, on smaller maps you can get bigger range, and maybe mixed in with a little wifi lag it is possible that you were in the correct position to get that hit. Just a theory though.

Lucan Desmond

Smash Rookie
its actually got pretty good range. It just travels in a straight line until it hits something really. I've hit people with it from across the stage on some of the small - medium sized levels. Nothing like new pork city, but final destination and battlefield definitely.

DroxSorcerer

Smash Cadet
Hm, maybe it does depend on stage size. Lylat Cruise is pretty small. Another thing I noticed though, my opponent that I hit was a Kirby. I jumped, which normally would go over a Kirby. And it wasn't Wi-Fi, this battle wasn't on Wi-Fi.

Stelfe

Smash Apprentice
It depends on the stage size. If you'll note when you go into stage editor that there are three stages, small medium and large, and each of the grids is made up of different sized boxes that you can snap the walls/floors etc. onto. If you'll look at them, they are actually bigger in small and in medium a little smaller and in large minute, I think this is what is used to tell the "smash spacing," as generally TL's smash attack can reach from 1 to 2 character spaces away. Basically, on smaller maps you can get bigger range, and maybe mixed in with a little wifi lag it is possible that you were in the correct position to get that hit. Just a theory though.
Aren't the boxes/walls/floors etc. just bigger because it's zoomed in, or am I just too simple for your thought?
Tell me what you mean.

Fire52388

Smash Cadet
I'm definitely sticking with my "jumping" theory. I also have really short range with it on the ground but it seems the range is vastly extended while in the air if you jump.

Top Bottom