• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash 7 (the best texas melee tournament since Brawl came out) Results

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Final Smash VII:
Resurrection

THE BEST TEXAS MELEE TOURNAMENT SINCE BRAWL CAME OUT

OK, so this wasn't breaking past records, but for Texas, it was great. We could have broke 40 if a few people didn't go to a certain Midwest tournament, a certain Houston tournament for a certain other smash game, or actually called Gabe back so they could have rode with him down to San Antonio.

Here are my shout outs:

First, to the people that helped make this tournament run well:

Susie Kitty: I know you don't read smashboards but thanks for manning the computer! It helped keep all the little small things in motion while I was running around attending to everyone's needs.

Taylor:
Thanks for supporting Susie and calling matches! Sux you had to leave though, because I know you love teams so much :( It's k, next time I do a melee tournament it will be bigger and better, and of course there will be teams.

Xelic, Dyse, Espy, and Gore: Thank you for helping with the TVs. We definently could not have had a tournament without them, so again, thank you. I'm sorry it came up, but next time I'll be armed with this knowledge.

Now, on to cool people that deserve shoutouts:

ARC: OMG not only did he beat SOS but lose to Xelic but he came back to win the whole **** thing! goooooooooooood **** son. Glad to hang as always, your postive spirit always puts a smile on my face. BTW, GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEF get wrecked in Street Fighter.

JesusFreak: Matt, you're so f!cking nice. Thank you for the ride home.

Jake Thirteen: Glad we could hang out again after like what, 7 months lol? Plenty of good times at the tournament, at Sonic's and at Gore's place. Maybe sometime I can come to Houston regardless if there's a tournament or not to just hang out. Oh and thanks for bringing chicks, that's ****ing pimp. Kim and Audry are cool gals and welcome at any of my future tournaments.

Oscar: Wow you're a really fun dude to be around, you're full of energy. I kinda wish now we played singles instead of just those few team friendlies we did with Kite. Your Marth is pretty creatitive.

Gore:Again, you're probably the only smasher in freaking the history of competitive smash to come to a tournament after getting a match in the ring, and come to a tournament with blood on your clothes. That's so f!cking hardcore. You rock dude. I'll come over sometime to play smash whenever I get my spare cube back.

Xelic: Again, I'm sorry for making you wait to get your money from Genesis. Thank for helping with TV's. Oh and I'd loved it when you pointed out a certain smasher's game face :laugh: YOU KNOW WHO I'M TALKING ABOUT. Major lulz to be had. Congrats on Top 3 (I expected no less).

Taylor: We never played! Grrr oh well. I'm actually over at Smile's apartment a lot these days, so maybe I'll stay later and catch you there one of these days.

Kite:Stop being such a fatty, gawd. More importantly, we should play smash more. Stop being lazy and get a job so you can afford to drive over to where everyone else lives. Also, I know your real age, because Libby told me she and some friends held you down once and got your ID out of wallet. HaHA!

Bryant: No teamsies makes me sad.:(

Fyre: No teamsies makes me sad.:(

Kal:I hope you don't get a rep like Wobbles has with destroying controllers. We all **** up when the pressure is on, but it should serve as a reminder that technical isn't the only skill out there. Being clutch and able to perform the task at hand when most appropiate, when the situation calls for it, is just as important as being able to master it in training mode. So take it easy, there's always room to improve.

S.O.S.: *Still scratches his head at you losing to a Falcon player, even if Rayzorium is amazing* Oh well. I know there is a lot of things way more important than smash going on in your life right now, and it's not like you did horrible in the overall placings. This week I probably won't be able to help with job searching, (if you got fired that is), it's my last week of classes and the most important.

Rayzorium: I'm always surprised when you show up to my tournaments, often because you never post and no one ever tells me you're coming. BTW did I mention how amazing your Falcon is? RAYZ 2 GOOD.

Tigerblade: Man, I ****ed up the first stock and most of match 1 hard. Good thing I took you to Corneria, sorry, but like Kite said S.O.S. picks that stage all the time so I have tons of experience on it. Last match I was doing good the first half but you really stepped up your game. I guess you wanted the win more than I did :ohwell: GGs overall.

Shady: **** son you're good! ****** Gabe and Rayz is a feat, they're the best Falcons in Texas (Unless you want to count Darkrain as Texan already, he's only been here a few months at best). Also your DI is pretty sick, you wouldn't freaking die! Valley is another tournament area I rarely get to visit, but since the San Antonio SRK community travels way more than San Antonio's smash community, if Melee is an event at an All fighters tournament, I'll try to be there. GGs

Dyse: Thanks for being cool with waiting for me at Caleb's, I know I would have been upset about it. Don't forget you owe me some rides in the future though. But don't worry, I'm not gonna hold you to it if it's at a bad time or anything. See you around.

Anyone else: sorry if I didn't get to you! All the energy I got from the tournament has finally run out and I am crashing.

Results:

Melee Singles

1: Arc ($210.00)
2: Caveman ($87.50)
3: Xelic ($52.50)
4: Bluezaft
5: Flexbone
5: Rayzorium
7: Gabe
7: S.O.S.
9: Shady
9: JAKE THIRTEEN
9: TigerBlade
9: Kal
13: Forkgirl
13: Dyse
13: JesusFreak
13: RunningBrave
17: PK
17: Cagefighter
17: Fear
17: RedShadow
17: Geeef
17: Sethlon
17: Tirno
17: Rob$
25: Fyre
25: Teh Host!
25: The Econ
25: Linked
25: Carliesies
25: Defsithe
25: Reku68
33: Denthorn
33: Sitos
33: Espy
33: Leapinghare
49: Dad

Team Results:

1: Team I Hate and Blame Kyle (S.O.S. and Xelic) ($72.00)
2: Sword of DK (Rayzorium and Jesus Freak) ($30.00)
3: The Domestic Violence Awareness Squad (Gabe and Bluzaft) ($18.00)
4: Team Bromance (Jake and Oscar)
5: Charlie Brown and Friend (Shady and Defsithe)
5: Straight Buniss (Flex and Cagefighter)
7: PokePwnage (Espy and Dyse)
7: Team Roy Sucks (Sethlon and Kal)
9: Team Colorblind (Ben and Tirno)
9: Team Play 4 Food (Gale and Fear)
9: Team Phail (Denthorn and Reku)
13: Team 4Sho (Will and Eric)

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO CAME AND SUPPORTED MELEE. The scene needs you. I promise an even bigger and better event in the near future that will bring OOS back to Texas. My motivation that I got after the very first Final Smash is back. So when I get everything in order, be ready.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Soooooooooooooooooooooooo Yeah Hey $210?!?!?!?! Thats a ****ing lie I only got $204 where's my six bucks? I will hunt you down for my six bucks dont think I wont KYLE!!!! looooooooooooool

First off thanks JF for giving me a ride, also Kyle thanks for hosting the tournament.

Also thank you Fear, Fear made the prediction that I would win and I did so he has a special place in my heart <3.

Okay on to shoutouts.

Caveman: Close set's I'm not sure what happend the second set but its cool man I could tell that your fox was missing some things and the overall set would have been closer had you been warmed up. But regardless GOOD **** and cant wait to see you again soon.

Xelic: Sorry you didnt want to really come and play but it was nice seeing you again. Good **** and get ***** ;D <3

SoS: **** bro.... Couldnt have won if I hadnt camped you hahahaha do what you have to though right?

Bluezaft: always fun hanging out with you man.

Gabesies: <333333333 P.S. Dont worry about the teams thing its okay :D

Jake13 & Oscar: Fun **** guys always nice hanging out with you AND YES JAKE I WILL BE WANTING MY $5 BACK SOON hahahaha much love you handsome devils. Tell Kim/ Aubry I said hello :D. I'll be looking to make a trip down there soon.

Caleb: Good **** dude, get your IC's in shape and get those guaranteed kill grab combo's back and you'll do just fine. Thanks for letting us chill at your place too.

Fletcher: "Dude he's calling the cops...."

Dyse: Mad cute son, Mad cute ;D

Rayz: I got $200 and Rayz got $120... Close mm.... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA ;D

To everyone else I forgot I LOVE YOU. Have a wonderful night and what not.

JUST FYI: Before anyone says anything I do know I've been doing a little **** talking but I mean no hard feelings and do not think I'm "#1" in texas. I won a SINGLE tournament and will have to consecutively win a few more before I will consider myself the top player. I am a good player but this single tourny leaned in my favor. Anyway once again <3 yall and have a great night!!!!!

Arc

Kal

Smash Champion
I'm sorry for how I acted. It's been a rather stressful week. I'll try and control my temper from now on.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
One thing:

My name is spelled wrong in the singles and teams lists.

One more thing!

Our team name starts with the word "The" not "Team." This is very important. Else we'll look unprofessional.

LNKD

Smash Apprentice
I want to stay more time on Gamelot but the owner kick us, but yey I have fun even I lose both match I don't care I was nice to meet smasher from San Antonio and from Austin and others that I don't remember .

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
R.I.P. Red Controller, you will be missed.

;______;

===

Oh, and the tournament was awesome, KM. I just wish I did better.
Next time, I'll be smart and switch my controller mid-match. That just wasn't cool...at all.

Suspect

Smash Hero
i lent you my laptop and no shoutout kyle? :(

also i have officially quit brawl for real this time. am i cool cat?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
i lent you my laptop and no shoutout kyle? :(

also i have officially quit brawl for real this time. am i cool cat?
Sorry, I do owe you a shoutout:

Jack Frost: this guy lent me his laptop so I could run the tournament smoothly, so big thanks! Also, I'll do what I can to get you better at Melee, Street Fighter, whatever you want to play. Wednesdays usually have something cool for me to do, which is why I have yet to make it to heroes and fantasies. Maybe this week, but I hope nothing major comes up.

defsithe

Smash Ace
shoutout to my valley folks.
shady: u were doing amazing in freindlies and did pretty well in tourny. :D go valley! and im sorry i wasnt doing too well in teams, but everyone was so good.
will(dad): you have gotten much better than the last time i played you, keep working to get better.

shoutouts: i barely played anyone in freindlies, i spent most the day sitting at those back tables cuz i was too tired but,

KAL: good games man, they were way closer than the last time i played you. your marth is so precise. im gonna keep working on my fox like you said, i hope to play you again next time.

ESPY: good **** man, very close games, suks your controller broke :(. probably would have beat me if it didnt. sorry for playing so gay with corneria/camping.

SETHLON: you owned me, shouldnt have gone pika falco is one of my personal worse match ups. good stuff man, sad i didnt see that beast roy again, GGs.

DYSE: we didnt play pika against each other, :( next time i guess.

TEAMS: people whose names i know
DYSE & ESPY: sorry for playing so gay against yall

GABE & BLUEZAFT: GGs, close set kinda. CPing kongo so we couldnt see very tricky lol. no johns yall did real well bluezaft ***** me that last match, good ****.

OTHER teams we play falco/falcon on pokefloats: i dont remember what yall names were but good stuff. floats= best CP EVER. lol. seriously though floats rocks.

and KYLE: for throwing another great tourny. :thumbs up:

i wished i played more freindlies. oh well. i wanted sleep.

Fyre

Smash Apprentice
The next time I run into a low-tier main in tourney, I'm gaying the ****ing **** out of him.
lmfao wow

aight, dont really do this too often but:

Kyle: Great tourney man. Sorry bout not teaming. i just wasnt feeling it by that time

Rob$: Been a minute since we played. U should come thru SA more

Cave: Always good seein u

Taylor: Always good playing you. You are the sole reason I hate Brinstar lol

Dyse: No matter how many times I play u its always a good fight and I still have no idea how u play the game that way lol. Anyways I'm always down for some melee so hit me up. Good times

Oscar: WOW didnt even recognize u at first lol. Good seein u again. Hate that we ddnt get to play. Next tourney fa sho

Badass Falcon player who's name I cant remember (lol)): Good **** man. Your falcon's effin secksy. Thanks for the asskickings

Fyre: Play better. Choke less.

Anyone else I missed / SA peeps that I play with all the time: We need to play more and represent SA better lol. Yall kno where I'm at. Just hit me up. Im ALWAYS down to play

*edit* Almost forgot!

Arc: I DIDNT EVEN GET TO PLAY U MAN! Good seein u as usual. Congrats again on the win. Enjoy my $5.50 LOL. See u next time!

defsithe

Smash Ace
i forgot to add kite and linkd? to my shoutouts cuz i played them after tourny. good stuff guys.

TigerBlade

Smash Rookie
Tigerblade: Man, I ****ed up the first stock and most of match 1 hard. Good thing I took you to Corneria, sorry, but like Kite said S.O.S. picks that stage all the time so I have tons of experience on it. Last match I was doing good the first half but you really stepped up your game. I guess you wanted the win more than I did :ohwell: GGs overall.
Its cool, Corneria was a good counter-pick and made our last match much more intense.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
ahhh shoutouts to come later...

jordan: we have your money. i totally forgot, why didn't you remind us at the tourney?? <3 looks like we'll have to hang out now ;]

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I guarantee I'll be at the next one :(

My gf can't possibly f*** up her toes more than once. It was just really bad timing on the surgery cuz I would have definitely gone with Gabe to this.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
So kyle dont think I've forgotten about the money you still owe me $6 okay? I'll be coming to SA soon to collect it you *****, also put up the brackets. :D <3 Zanquief.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
I am Arc Unkown522. :D Nice to hear from you again. Your thinking of Arcnatural I think.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Sure Nike its been a hella long time I'd love to come down sometimes soon and play with everyone! :D <3 <3 <3 <3

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Sure Nike its been a hella long time I'd love to come down sometimes soon and play with everyone! :D <3 <3 <3 <3
Gore's always down to play smash, so I'm gonna to try to set up a smash fest at his place in the near future.

Also, I finally played Xilopryce. He knows what he's doing, but he's not about to beat any pros soon. But I think he has potential.

Top Bottom