• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Reminder for Club Nintendo Rewards

Club Nintendo is essentially ending in less than 24 hours. Players in Europe, Australia or Japan must turn their points or stars by the end of the day or risk losing them forever.

Club Nintendo launched in October 2003, originally Japan only; has rewarded loyal fans of Nintendo with exclusive goods. Stars and points were collected by purchasing games or consoles and registering them with Nintendo. Surveys could also be filled out for some additional points. Merchandise such as posters, calendars, shirts and even games have been released through Club Nintendo over the years.

The rewards program is set to be replaced by a new cross platform system created in partnership with DeNa sometime in the future.

Europe
Australia
Japan

Please note, Club Nintendo has already ended in America.

What are the most interesting Club Nintendo rewards? Leave a comment below!

PushDustIn treasures his Bomb-omb coaster and Zelda soundtrack. You can follow him on Twitter to keep up with his Nintendo passion.

Last edited:
PushDustin

Comments

I never got the chance to use Club Nintendo. Yet, I still feel bad because I've known about it for a while and I have a few friends who used it a lot.

Last edited:
Wow America really got some sucky Club Nintendo awards. Like we just got the ability to buy new games with coins and that was all it was.

Wow America really got some sucky Club Nintendo awards. Like we just got the ability to buy new games with coins and that was all it was.
I thought Europe had the worst rewards honestly, don't think I ever saw any decent games on offer compared to you Americans.

Shame I never was part of this though, all those stuff did look nice in their own rights.

I thought Europe had the worst rewards honestly, don't think I ever saw any decent games on offer compared to you Americans.

Shame I never was part of this though, all those stuff did look nice in their own rights.
Yeah like they only had like Wonderful 101 but ti was like 25,000 coins

It's sad to see Club Nintendo go. I will forever cherish my Mario Bros. Character statue featuring every major character, lets hope the new program will be just as fun!

Welp, it was fun. I got a few games out of Club Nintendo that I enjoyed quite a bit. I wonder what their new loyalty program will be called. Perhaps...

Club Nintendo 2: Even Clubbier

Last edited:
Damn, I wish I'd waited a little longer so I could have gotten that nice-looking ending theme soundtrack CD. Nothing wrong with Mario Kart 8's soundtrack though.

I personally think the European club had better closing-down rewards than the US one, since we got more collectibles (CDs, figurines, and such), and the games on the US one were all ones I either already own, or wasn't interested in.

Yeah, it's not like the rewards we got here was good anyways. Was looking at Japan's rewards and they had really good stuff there. So I'm not all that upset of Club Nintendo shutting down. Hopefully the next reward system that comes out will be a little more incentive like Japan was, but feels like wishful thinking by the looks of it.

Sad to see Club Nintendo go, but I look forward to hearing about their new rewards program in future.

I got pikmin 3 for free and my wife got me a rock pikmin key chain from Europe on eBay For my birthday! Paid a hefty price for it tho :o

Shane the USA got screwed here. Our premium reward was until April and rewards a month after. Lost all my stuff a while ago . 1200+ points.

I used my points up a while ago. Turns out game codes expire, and it was all for naught. FeelsBadMan

Last edited:
I hope the new loyalty system will cover controllers, accessories and products instead of just games and consoles.

I have a Pro Controller, a Smash GCN controller, two Wiimotes, three Nunchuks (One Wiimote is third-party, I'm ashamed to say), five amiibo, the Wii Balance Board, the Wii Zapper, and a Wii U GCN adapter.

All for no Coins at all, if they didn't come in a game bundle.

in Europe, rewars were always crap. The best thing I saw in 10 years was the mario kart 8 link DLC, the rest where NES games that I already played, 3ds themes, soundtracks that are already over the internet and more useless things.
One more thing to mention, stars expired really fast. I was never happy with that "loyal" system, happy to see its gone.

Are they ever going to say what the new program is? They've said for months now it's shutting down, but haven't said what the new program is. Now that Club Nintendo is done, I really hope they give us some info soon. I really loved Club Nintendo even despite it's shortcomings in the US, hopefully this new program is an improvement. I want to see more games available for download (Virtual Console games and newer Indy games) and amiibos. :)

Top Bottom