• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Pre-Launch Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct Announced

smash_bros_direct.png
Nintendo confirmed this morning that we'll be getting an all new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct this coming Thursday, November 1st at 7:00 AM PT/ 10:00 AM ET. This direct will be a whopping 40 minutes long, and is confirmed to be the final presentation before the game launches on December 7th.

Will we see the final roster? Will the elusive new mode finally be detailed? Has the Grinch been naughty, or nice? What other surprises lie in wait? We'll surely get the answers to most of these, and then some, when we see that Smash logo open up Thursday morning.

Author's Note: Shoutouts to the Geno Support Thread! Who are you hoping to see on Thursday? What else do you think might be shown? Let us know in the comments!

Last edited:
Kyle "Fenriraga" Hurley

Comments

Final four base game newcomer (Echo Fighters excluded) thoughts...
  • 69 - Buzzwole
  • 70 - Tails
  • 71 - Shadow
  • 72 - Toad (a huge surprise to end the Smash Direct)
Final four base game Echo Fighters...
  • 14ε - Dry Bowser
  • 27ε - Dark Meta Knight
  • 60ε - Ken
  • 72ε - Toadette
That would add up to 82 fighters total.
Toad AND Tails would be the dream. Literally could add five more Marth clones, another three Links and four Mario's with random professions after that and the roster would be perfect in my eyes. Toadette is the icing on the cake.

Hope your random prediction ends up somehow being the real one but fully preparing for the Grinch Leak with absolute apathy.

At least DLC is a thing!

Come on Elma, I need my Queen(TM) to come home

Bandana Dee, Chorus Kids, Black Shadow, Isaac and Shadow would be nice too but right now I just need my girl, I’ve been waiting MONTHS ;-;

Excellent point. However, it may get to the point where we have to clutch at straws. It would be a shame, but the Shadow Echo is, to me at least, a last resort.
The thing is, when you look back at the other Echo Fighters, none of them received their own trailer; Richter is part of Simon's trailer. Shadow is too big of a character to not have his own trailer, which is why I don't see the Echo Fighter treatment for him.

Smash 4 only got a 3DS demo... I would say no.
We'll see. If Nintendo thinks that way, Switch is half hand-held anyway.

But also, they've gladly provided demos at every major tourney and more (like college football games). Which could either be a reason to have a demo or a reason not to have one.

We'll see. If Nintendo thinks that way, Switch is half hand-held anyway.

But also, they've gladly provided demos at every major tourney and more (like college football games). Which could either be a reason to have a demo or a reason not to have one.
Yeah, given Global Test Punch, the online Aces demo, etc., it's definitely possible, plus, everything will have been revealed, so there will be no reason to fear datamining.

I'm just hoping for Bandana Dee (Kirby's permanent players 2 and three are in, put in 4!!! <3), Skull Kid (Zelda deserves a new rep, and I hope that's Skull Kid). My secondary hopes are Geno and Ken mainly because I'm sure they'll make it in. Well... at least 80% on Geno in my mind but I still would love him in. And then my least likely hope is Sora. I wouldn't be upset in any way if he didn't make it in at all but if he did, I'd be ECSTATIC!

I am looking forward to that "Spirits" mode as well as Smash Down and that other one especially! I want to hear more about the bosses and I HOPE they'll not only be in Spirits, but also a boss rush mode too,

I've been satisfied with everyone is here, I like the addition of more characters, but don't like that people aren't satisfied, "we need more characters AHHH!!". I think a good idea though is a frequent voting system, maybe in-game, for new DLC's like once every couple months.

I used to think that common enemies were completely out of the question to be smash characters, but I guess that ceiling is broken now? How do we all feel about Piranha Plant? To be honest, I’m not really mad, just kind of shocked.

I used to think that common enemies were completely out of the question to be smash characters, but I guess that ceiling is broken now? How do we all feel about Piranha Plant? To be honest, I’m not really mad, just kind of shocked.
Many conflicting thoughts, mainly a mixture of happiness, pure confusion, and slight denial. I know that makes no sense - none of this does honestly, lol.

Last edited:
D
That World of Light, tho.

Sakurai just pulled a Thanos on gaming.

Congrats to Ken and Incineroar. Piranha Plant was a big what the heck moment though.

Sadly, I'm still lacking a Nintendo Switch system, so any free DLC offers are beyond my reach.

Every Smash game has to have a joke/out-of-place character.

Melee had Pichu.
SSB4 had Wii Fit Trainer.
Now Ultimate has Piranha Plant.

When it first showed up, it was hilarious. XD

Look I’m fine with Sakurai trying to show creativity, but why Piranha Plant? Like was he seriously the best and most creative pick you could come up with? Ken does look awesome. Incineroar was unimpressive to me but idk. And Kirby is the only living character. Not bias at all.

...gonna call it right now, anyone who hasn't gone insane for whatever reason better hide RIGHT NOW... cause whatever article comes next is going to be packed with unhealthy amounts of toxic salt... avoid facebook if you can help it (unless you get a kick out of triggering these wackos on a whim)...

probably might glance at a few reaction videos to get a couple laughs, but I suspect this site is going to be a bit nuclear for awhile...

Last edited:
Top Bottom