• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Location, Box Only - Unity Project

z7x9r0

Smash Cadet
NNID
z7x9r0
As the title sounds, this is a parody game and development is starting today (9/16/2016).

Only one character is planned for development at this time to help the game be released in a reasonable time frame. The option to develop more character would be great but for now the game needs to at least become fully playable.

From experience, I've found that the simpler the game is, the easier and faster it will be to create. So the plan as of now is to go with 64 hurt box style artwork and visuals. Plans to add more colors to each model is also planned to be made to help distinguish head, body, arms, and legs. Multiple color options of the character will be added as well.

Here are some snapshots of Smash Bros 64 hurt boxes to give a visual idea of how the game is planned to look like.

Since there is only one character planned for now, I thought to try and mimic Melee Fox for all frame data, animations, and attack/defense options.

I've only done projects with groups in person or alone so not sure how to go about building a team online.

I will be posting here with updates on the project. It may take months to a year to make, but it will be worth it when it's free to download and play on multiple systems from consoles, to PC, and hopefully mobile (wired or bluetooth controls) for convenience and portability. Not a fan of virtual buttons/controls.

z7x9r0

Smash Cadet
NNID
z7x9r0
So it's gonna be minecraft-like characters fighting each other?
That's a good point.. I guess we'll just go with low poly model design.

I'll look into seeing how I can get a hold of the actual 64 Fox character model somehow and mimic it to see how it looks.

Top Bottom