• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia: Game finally over! Raziek lynched, Town wins! Lego too!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Not a clue. His posts are fairly sizable and I have skimmed them to this point. All I know is he beat me to saying "me."

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Anyway, on further examination, I have to admit that Ryker's correct. I'd forgotten about the other vote-manipulating roles, and although one vote isn't a huge deal, it'd be impractical to say "You can't go any further than L-4 just to be safe". I think in this case it's the responsibility of the player being targeted to let people know he's a vote away from being lynched and claim accordingly.
Thing is, he may or may not know due to Dancer, Mediator, or any other roles that aren't public knowledge. It's not on the man being voted, it's on the voters. Players can claim when they feel they need to claim or when I tell them to.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker, Gheb, what do you think of Xonar?
Read his posts. I seem to remember a problem that was caused in a certain Megaman themed game where a player had a problem with presentational play. Be careful reading into that if you're serious.

Lego is null after those two posts.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
That reminds me, NO TAKING WAGONS TO L-1 in RVS. Because there's a good chance the wagon target might have the "takes one less vote to lynch" restriction, and that would be bad for (hopefully) obvious reasons.
Its already been stated, but it's on whoever threw the vote down to deal with the consequences.
Thing is, he may or may not know due to Dancer, Mediator, or any other roles that aren't public knowledge. It's not on the man being voted, it's on the voters. Players can claim when they feel they need to claim or when I tell them to.
Agreed.
Ryker, is there anyone here who you would trust with your vote based purely on the person?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
IAgreed.
Ryker, is there anyone here who you would trust with your vote based purely on the person?
If by that you mean that I trust a vote on Rajam is never a bad thing regardless of alignment, then yes, I can trust him with my vote any time.

If by that you mean letting someone else choose where my vote goes, never. Why do you ask?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ryker - Red Ryu,
Nicholas1024- Gheb
Red Ryu- Rajam,
Rajam - Legolas, NickelbackR0cks, Ryker,
Legolas - Nicholas1024,

Raziek, Inferno3044, T-block, Gova, Seph, Glyph,

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is February 17th at 3:00 PM EST

Orboknown

Smash Hero
If by that you mean that I trust a vote on Rajam is never a bad thing regardless of alignment, then yes, I can trust him with my vote any time.

If by that you mean letting someone else choose where my vote goes, never. Why do you ask?
Because i wanted to be active in some manner and that is the first thing that comes to mind. RVS doesn't interest me but at the same time i dont want that to be a reason for inactivity.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ahahahahahahaha! God, I love my role.

However, that being done, with great power, yada yada.

Unvote

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Gheb you know what I mean. Take responsibility for your votes because we don't know where L-1 is for everybody. I'm a conservative voter and I will be playing in such a manner during this game.

T-block

B2B TST
rajam you are annoying

too much talking about "what l-2 really means" imo. just use common sense people -_-

inferno, you've made two posts and they've been centred around that issue. tell me what you think of rajam's posts so far. do you think the votes on him are justified?

Because i wanted to be active in some manner and that is the first thing that comes to mind. RVS doesn't interest me but at the same time i dont want that to be a reason for inactivity.
vote: NickelbackR0cks

what say you to being useful as well as active, instead of putting up a facade of being active?

what's your previous mafia experience?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
T-Block, what say you to reducing our lynch pool to Rajam, Inferno, and Seph for today?

A LyLo like that frightens me.

T-block

B2B TST
as always, ryker, it's too early to make that call. we're not necessarily doomed if we have those three in lylo.

but following that idea, why is nickelback not on your list? have you played with him before?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
For reasons, T-Block. Reasons.

Why are you set on it?

Raz, I see you viewing, but you're not on Skype. On your phone? I seem to recall a promise concerning this game and you and I. I'm holding up my end. You better make good.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

Ryker - Red Ryu,
Nicholas1024- Gheb
Red Ryu- Rajam,
Rajam - Legolas, NickelbackR0cks,
Legolas - Nicholas1024,
NickelbackR0cks- T-block,

Raziek, Inferno3044, Gova, Seph, Glyph, Ryker,

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is February 17th at 3:00 PM EST

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ryker, Gheb, what do you think of Xonar?
I met him 3 times IRL - at tourneys. He pretends to have a man-crush on me ... probably to cover up the fact that he's in love with me and he can't stop thinking about me.

In this game? Nothing yet.

Gheb you know what I mean. Take responsibility for your votes because we don't know where L-1 is for everybody.
Yeah, thanks for repeating what has already been established by now for the third time.

And even if I knew what you meant [which I did indeed do] I don't see how my point has any less validity. I think it's important for people to realize that being oversensitive on voting and applying pressure because of potential consequences is very counterproductive ... putting your vote where you think it belongs is still more productive than to hesitate all throughout the game. Your personal voting behavior has nothing to do with it.

:059:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
For reasons, T-Block. Reasons.

Why are you set on it?

Raz, I see you viewing, but you're not on Skype. On your phone? I seem to recall a promise concerning this game and you and I. I'm holding up my end. You better make good.
Man, this game. Appropriately, you are correct. Skype on my phone is no good, so I was just reading the topic while in class.

On that note, you boys are getting too worked up over this L-1 business. Ryker and co. are right in that people will mind their own restriction and play accordingly.

Nevertheless, I plan on making a pocket guide for the roles and which ones seem the jankiest later, since OS's tome is a bit wordy for my tastes.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
inferno, you've made two posts and they've been centred around that issue. tell me what you think of rajam's posts so far. do you think the votes on him are justified?
Rajam's posts are obnoxiously fluffy. I expect them to change and for him to actually get serious but if he doesn't I won't object to lynching him.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Raz's Pocket Guide to Choosable Roles

Calculator (RESTRICTION: ONE LESS VOTE TO LYNCH)
- Can target multiple players
- Targeting may change, hard to plan around, depends entirely on when OS resolves postcounts.
- Roleblock
- Voteblock can force no lynches
- Slow
- Haste

Dragoon
- L1: One-shot self-revive
- Non-consecutive commuter

Ninja
- L1: Avoid a chosen player's night actions
- PASSIVE L2: If affected by an ability, unaffected by everything including NK's the following Night.
- RESTRICTION: Must not be in top 3 post-count at the end of the day. If they are, they are immediately killed.

Priest
- L1: Reflect, returns night action towards the user.
- Multiple reflects cancel each other out, DOES NOT protect NKs.
- L2: Protects all night kills. Cannot self-protect, cannot protect consecutively, multiple protects cancel out.
- RESTRICTION: Cannot hammer, attempting will result in a mod vote.

Time Mage
-L1 Stop: Role/voteblock on the FOLLOWING Day/Night phase, informed. One shot.
-L1 Haste: Gives NAR priority for that night. One shot.
-L2 Quick: Motivate. Does not allow multiple/extra uses of one-shot abilities, so no looping/wishing for infinite wishes, etc. One shot.

Thief
-L1 PASSIVE: Steals player's last used active if on the lynch of that player.
-L2: Can force a player to vote for another player.
-Restrcition: Cannot be protected.

Geomancer
-L1: Pitfall - Blocks one ability's use on the geomancer.
-L2 PASSIVE - Doublevoter
-RESTRICTION: If one the lynch of a townie, they are voteblocked the following day.

Summoner
- Abilities are the same as Priest, just usable on three players and without any even/odd limitations
- Can only use their summon and NOTHING else that night.
-RESTRICTION: One less vote needed to lynch.

Dancer
-L1: All players take one less vote to lynch.
@MOD: Is this reflected in the vote counts?
-L2: Anyone who targets the dancer takes two less to lynch.
-Restriction: Cannot be the opening vote. Anyone who started an RVS wagon is not a dancer.

THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS DID NOT PICK DANCER:
Red Ryu
Gheb
Rajam
Orbo/Nickelback
Nich
T-Block
Raziek

Oracle
- L1: Can silence two players
- L2: Can drain life, causes the target to take one less to lynch, and one more for the user. PUBLICALLY NOTED.
-Restriction: Can only target players on the lynch from the previous day phase.

Samurai
- L1: Anyone who targets the Samurai is BP. The Samurai is not.
- L2: Sacrificial Vig-shot.
-Restriction: Voteblocked if they use their ability.

Mime
- Picks a two players. Uses the abilities the first uses on the second. Not informed of results.
- Solo Class.

Chemist
- Passive L1: Cannot be roleblocked/redirected
- Passive L2: If killed N1 or N2, will be voteblocked/roleblocked for the following day phase.
-Restriction: Must be on a successful lynch or they lose their powers.

Archer
-L1: Charge - Can delay an ability's use until a chosen night, will go through even if they are dead.
- Passive L2: If they had 4 votes at the end of the phase, they can use any ability twice, except one-shots or kills.

Monk
-L1: Two shot roleblock that targets players who target the Monk.
- L2: Hamedo - If killed, the killer's abilities that take place AFTER the kill will be roleblocked.

Wizard
- L1: Targeted player cannot vote the following day phase if they use an ability that night. PUBLICALLY ANNOUNCED.
-L2: Will use an ability BACK at the person who uses it on them.

Worker
- L1:Can bodyguard
- L2: One shot BP, cannot be lynched the next day, unless an external ability causing two to be lynched occurs.

Mediator
-L1: Intimidate: Targeted player takes one less vote to lynch if voting for a particular player. Privately noted.
-L2: Causes a player to be a double-voter if targeting a chosen player.
-Restriction: Cannot kill or be protected.

This is a really janky setup.

Vote: Glyph

I'm not a dancer.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
vote: NickelbackR0cks

what say you to being useful as well as active, instead of putting up a facade of being active?
T-block has a point here, and Nickel tried to avoid the question, and has posted a few times since without contributing. This calls for a vote.

Unvote, Vote: Nickel

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
He's not an Oracle, their restriction doesn't require THEY be on the lynch.

Life Drain is night phase only.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
T-block has a point here, and Nickel tried to avoid the question, and has posted a few times since without contributing. This calls for a vote.

Unvote, Vote: Nickel
I avoided the question? I answered it shortly after that Nich.

@razMind showing where you go tthat list of "not a dancer" from?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I made a list of all the players who cast the opening vote on a player, which would violate a dancer's posting restriction.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Nich, what was the last game we played together in? MMX?

I missed you, I love your activity.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
and this is my third post since i said that.
I have not played town before this game, so im trying to get it down.

T-block

B2B TST
i'm curious, raz, why do you think it's a good idea to share who is not a dancer? not saying it's explicitly a bad thing, but i'd like to hear your reasoning

chemist has a restriction too, which is what ryker is referring to

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ah, right, so he probably took auto-potion then.

As for making the list:

Firstly, it's information anyone can discern on their own. Scum will share it with each other. Making it public knowledge significantly levels the playing field for Town.

Second, Dancer doesn't look terribly pro-town, given that it lowers the number of votes required to lynch a player, which while could cause scum lynches, is statistically more likely to cause a Town mislynch due to Town having other roles that reduce the number of votes to lynch.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Nich, what was the last game we played together in? MMX?

I missed you, I love your activity.
Yeah, it was Megaman X, that's actually the last game I played before this one. There just haven't been many themes I enjoy and I've been busy with other stuff. I should definitely run my large at some point...

And yeah, I'm usually pretty active except when I need to reread. Then I take forever. (Seriously, anything more than an ISO to get a better grasp on someone's slot is a real pain for me.)

@Nickel
That's fine and all, but I would like to see you post something pertaining to scum hunting. I'm rather wary about giving newbies too much slack after Inferno in Megaman X. For instance, what do you think about Xonar's first couple posts? Do they strike you as odd, or do you think the self preservation he's displaying is a null tell? Is there anyone you feel deserves your vote at the moment?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Has its merits.

On one hand, it's something that we'll likely figure out on our own over time.

On the other, confirming that someone IS a dancer means they are NOT one of the other roles, which narrows the list of people to shoot, which is bad for concealing Town's beneficial roles.

I would advise against forcing such a thing into the light at this time. Perhaps if it is necessary to prove someone is NOT a dancer, but I don't think we should confirm that someone IS a dancer.

Top Bottom