• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data FINAL: Confirmed 1.1.0 Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Preparing for the inevitable...

If there are balance changes, they will be discussed, tested, confirmed, and/or debunked here.

I will update the OP over time as we have with each prior patch.

Any other threads pertaining to this topic will be locked.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

--

NERF: Fsmash knockback reduced.

Fsmash kbg 106-101
Fsmash SFX altered.

Source: Dantarion - http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/raw/diff-128-144/sonic.html (Datamine/Dump)

Global Changes
  • Strong attacks have new animation effects on hit.
  • Momentum from actions no longer sliding off ledges (MK/Falcon's dash grabs) has been reverted.
  • UNIVERSAL invincibility duration on spot dodge and both rolls have been reduced by 1 frame.
Source: http://smashboards.com/threads/tournament-mode-1-1-0-community-patch-notes.412130/

--

:093:

Last edited:

The_Paradiddler

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 2397 7602 9504
I'm not sure...but it feels like every move was either nerfed or buffed and b throw now seems to have a 50% chance to hard reset the console.

could be just placebo though

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
90% sure this should be stickied for the time being
I didn't sticky it only because we don't normally sticky the patch threads, and we still don't know for sure if we're actually getting changes. As long as this stays on the front it should be fine, but maybe I'll go ahead and sticky it anyway.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
i swaer to dog we can SHSJ now ppl!!

that is short hop spin jump, i made that up ye

i dunno how but u can try it!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Guys, someone please help me record our current data (Knockback and %age is all I'm looking for), so that we could get straight up confirmed info on the release date. :applejack:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I already have some clips that @Ixisnaugus cordially provided. I still haven't been able to get my capture card back but will hopefully be able to this weekend, so we (I) can then compare for frame data change and whatnot.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Don't forget we have this frame data, too.

If I have time I can capture Sonic doing moves as a visual comparison.

Luig

Confused
Here is some ko%s
Utilt at 168%
Ftilt at 191%
Dsmash front at 178%
Dsmash back at 141%
Nair at 174%
Dair at 200%
Dthrow at about 640%
Spring at 389%

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Here is some ko%s
Utilt at 168%
Ftilt at 191%
Dsmash front at 178%
Dsmash back at 141%
Nair at 174%
Dair at 200%
Dthrow at about 640%
Spring at 389%
What is your point of reference for these?

Rucent

Only strive for first place.
I can also record stuff if needed. I have no work Friday so I can do whatever. I'll prepare for the f*ck fest that's going to come.
I can also record any replays too if needed.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I have the recording equipment but unfortunately this week of my life is very fragile so I can't make any kind of recreational promises.

Rucent

Only strive for first place.
Did you make sure to put CPU Mario on Control? Stop CPUs can still DI although little.

I wonder how the other characters will be affected.. I would find it funny/great if Shiek's Vanish was nerfed in Knock Back or had less invincibility frames, for instance.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't want KO percentages. I want launch distances and launch speeds. They're more accurate and solid. :applejack:

Last edited:

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast

Why does the air in this thread feel more akin to a bomb shelter rather than a hype convention?

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
With hope we'll get lucky and remain untouched. I highly doubt that will be the case though, as nintendo seems to want us driven to the ground.

Luig

Confused
Gotta go moderately fast! - SGDQ
:sonic: was there in spirit.
Placebo for Sonic is the strongest out of basically any character in the roster besides Shiek.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If anyone is interested in helping me get the launch speed and knockback data for Sonic's moves, hit me up on Skype. :applejack:

I think that's all we need since we already have frame data in the other thread.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So True Blue, Tonic and I all recorded the Launch Speed/Launch Distance of all of Sonic's moves last night, as well as the damage percentages they all do. Launch Speed/Distance were recorded by hitting a Mario with each individual move at 100%, waiting for him to free fall, then recording the data in the results screen on that information. Each move was done in a separate game and without stale counters to ensure accuracy.

Basically, when the patch comes out, we can then redo the process, and would be able to accurately tell whether or not any of his moves were nerfed or buffed as far as knockback and damage is concerned. This list doesn't reflect frame data.

The only information that may be subject to retesting would be Sonic's downb. If someone can shed more light onto the consistency of his damage or Launcher data, that'd be nice:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D8REnQQSCfUjAyn9jUyqzrwCD_Dxhds9pd9alZdwk4c/pubhtml

:applejack:

Last edited:

J.APS

Smash Cadet
NNID
JAPSTheHedgehog
3DS FC
4596-9572-9563
*throw all the notes*
Wellp! gotta restart the data of the Dair spike......again...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Alright guys, did the tests. Here they are:

Again, this only pertains to damage output, and launch distance (aka raw knockback of a character). Tests were done in the exact same manner as yesterday:

*All of Sonic's damage output is the same.
*Fsmash, Dsmash, Bthrow, and SDJ all received launch distance nerfs. Blatant nerf for the first three, combo buff potential for the fourth.

That's all for now. Frame data will hopefully come from whoever datamines the game. Dark days lie ahead. :applejack:

Last edited:

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
Alright guys, did the tests. Here they are:

Again, this only pertains to damage output, and launch distance (aka raw knockback of a character). Tests were done in the exact same manner as yesterday:

*All of Sonic's damage output is the same.
*Fsmash, Dsmash, Bthrow, and SDJ all received launch distance nerfs. Blatant nerf for the first three, combo buff potential for the fourth.

That's all for now. Frame data will hopefully come from whoever datamines the game. Dark days lie ahead. :applejack:
Well that's it, it has been fun guys but I am officially done with Smash 4. I plan to get into melee / pm though, so at least I have that left to look forward to.

Luig

Confused
Dsmash nerfed?
I know this is ko%.
Pre patch, fully charged dsmash from back kos mario at 97%
It still does. Maybe the front?

EDIT: dsmash front uncharged kos later than utilt. I am seriously thinking about switching my main to ike.

Last edited:

TwicH

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe I was actually hoping for Sonic's back-throw to get his old KB back...

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
Don't play Sonic at all, but why are they nerfing kill power of all things? That's Sonic's weakest aspect already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom