• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data FINAL: Confirmed 1.0.8 Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
One thing to keep in mind is that they could be making the AI smarter and thus they might actually be attempting to DI/Vector moves better.

Luig

Confused
One thing to keep in mind is that they could be making the AI smarter and thus they might actually be attempting to DI/Vector moves better.
Some of the nerf info might be wrong because cpus di in training mode now.

After some testing I discovered some changes. This is subject to change (still testing and need some confirmation)
+Foward Smash has been given more KB. Fully Charged kills at 65%, uncharged kills at 95-90ish
+Much more easier to jump/spring out of Down Air, I found myself no longer self destructing using Down Air.
-Up Smash has reduced KB
-Foward Throw knockback decreased (again)
-Back throw knockback decreased (again)
Both back and foward throw failed to KO Mario at even 160%.

Everything else seems unchanged.
Can confirm dair, we were talking about it earlier. I can't believe this is my first day on smashboards, and i found a change.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimgan

Smash Cadet
NNID
veno6478
3DS FC
4871-6162-6796
Note Taken, Again still testing with all the character weights and with each character in the game. If CPU's are attempting to DI throws (even when set to stop), this may cloud results.

Luig

Confused
Note Taken, Again still testing with all the character weights and with each character in the game. If CPU's are attempting to DI throws (even when set to stop), this may cloud results.
As stated in my above post, stop cpus do di. annoying when finding kill %s.

@ Crimgan Crimgan full fsmash is koing at 72. not sure where you got 65.

Crimgan

Smash Cadet
NNID
veno6478
3DS FC
4871-6162-6796
@ Crimgan Crimgan full fsmash is koing at 72. not sure where you got 65.
Medium wieghts like Mario were KOed with a Fsmash at the edge of the stage at 65%. Center Stage did not KO.

Going to post the Kill percentages on each weight with Sonics smash attacks and throws soon.

Luig

Confused
Medium wieghts like Mario were KOed with a Fsmash at the edge of the stage at 65%. Center Stage did not KO.

Going to post the Kill percentages on each weight with Sonics smash attacks and throws soon.
Oh, i was doing it from the center, since thats where most ko%s are from.

Crimgan

Smash Cadet
NNID
veno6478
3DS FC
4871-6162-6796
Some results after some more testing.
  1. Forward Smash
  • Fully charged KOs light weights early as 55% both center stage and edge of stage
  • Fully charged KOs medium weights early as 65% edge of stage
  • Fully Charged KOs heavy weights early as 100% edge of stage.
2. Back Throw and Forward Throw
  • Both failed to KO medium and heavy weights at 160%(pre patch mediums were KOed at 165%)
  • Light weights were KOed at 160%
3. Up Smash
  • Failed to KO Medium and Heavy Weights at 110-120% confirming knockback reduction.
  • Light Weights KOed at 125-130%
  • Bowser was the only character who could escape Up Smash (If he could do this pre patch please tell me)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Another patch, another month of not being able to trust anyone on the internet.

Thanks for the patch notes, Nintendo.

:093:

rockerztonight1

Smash Rookie
So Sonic really hasn't changed much other than KB reduction for his UpSmash and throws? If so, it's not much different from the 1.0.6 patch where he got damage and knockback reduction.

We just gotta work harder (again) to get those kills with Sonic! We can do it (again)!

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Nah Dair i can confirm we can act out of sooner. Before on Wii U if you did dair level with FD's ledge you would blow up now you can jump and recover. This also makes spin charge > dair spike > footstool KO's far more easier to do. Also can someone confirm if Utilt got changed. I can now combo fast fallers with 2 utilts if spaced and timed right which i couldn't do before. Though the Usmash nerf seems true though only slightly.

Also curious if Spring Jump was altered feels like we can perform an aerial faster as Uthrow > Spring > Bair to my knowledge wasn't a true combo at All but now is. Unless Uthrows IASA frames were adjusted. Other than that he feels the same just about.

Luig

Confused
I feel like spring might barely send him higher, which would explain it comboing. Or bair could be faster like we speculated earlier. Also, has sonic always made the sqish sound when he crouches?

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I'm just glad we can again Spin charge > SCJ > Dair spike > footstool KO mario and doc thanks to being able to jump out of dair faster.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Spring height is the same, I believe.

Pretty sure Uthrow to Spring+Bair was already a "true" combo before the patch, depending on %.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I hate you guys.

I'm going to outlaw the words "feel", "think", "believe", and "seems".

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
:(
Idk though I always had trouble being able to land even Uthrow spring Uair on people because they could airdodge out at like 80+ but now thats not the case 75% of the time. Though wish I had a way to compare for myself.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Up smash did 17 before, now does 14
i thought f smash did 16 before. Now does 14
thought down smash did13 or 14 before. Now does 12

Flame spindash damage has been in creased
default side b damage nerfed. From 7 (uncharged)/10 (full charge) to 6/7

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
The nerfs to his spin dashes were made during the previous update. and the damage his smash attacks did were always those %. Especially due to the fact that usmash and fsmash always did the same amount of damage total.

Arikie

Smash Journeyman
Can we make a simple list of facts and another list of suspected changes? That way we can confirm or debunk them smoothly

TwicH

Smash Apprentice
I've been testing Sonic for most of the day. He has no changes so can we please close this thread now?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Still too early to just lock up, but I wish I could ban everyone who isn't providing actual evidence for claims.

1MeLODuDE

Smash Rookie
one thing that has definitely changed was that you can dair off stage now then you still have time to jump and spring up and recover, where as before if you daired without a jump off stage first you would self destruct.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So you're saying that you can Dair offstage and Spring back without needing the jump?

1MeLODuDE

Smash Rookie
ok to try and explain it the best way I can I'll say it like this. pre 1.0.8 dair offstage without inputting a jump first would instant sd. now you can dair offstage without inputting a jump first, jump after the dair and spring back. in other words they shortened the length of dair, making it easier to spike, and better to recover out of.

ok easier was a poor choice of words, safer to go for the spike would be a better way to word it, I apologize.

So you're saying that you can Dair offstage and Spring back without needing the jump?

im trying to be professional and compete against the greats like you do, so I wouldn't waste my time trying to troll or put up false information. and if you don't believe me I encourage you to test it for yourself, hopefully we can continue to put up information that will continue to help our main grow! :) only trying to help the Sonics out there!!!!!!

TwicH

Smash Apprentice
I just tested it. Sorry that I don't have the equipment to record but I can tell you that no changes were made to Sonic's Spring Jump nor Down Air. Also you were always able to Dair off stage and still make it back without using your double jump. I do it all the time when going for stage spikes or meteors.

1MeLODuDE

Smash Rookie
I just tested it. Sorry that I don't have the equipment to record but I can tell you that no changes were made to Sonic's Spring Jump nor Down Air. Also you were always able to Dair off stage and still make it back without using your double jump. I do it all the time when going for stage spikes or meteors.
I wasn't talking about a double jump though and I wasn't saying the spring jump was altered. I was saying that you couldn't do these inputs off stage before. Dair, jump, up b. In previous patches if you just daired off stage you would SD. Previous patch the inputs would be. Jump, dair, jump, up b if you wanted to live. Now I'm saying in the new patch you could do the inputs. Dair, jump, up b and survive. That's what I'm trying to say

Last edited:

TwicH

Smash Apprentice
You mean running off the stage, Dair, Jump and Spring to the ledge right? You were able to do that pre-patch as well.

Last edited:

jaimex2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaimex2
My Wii didnt have enough space left for the update so I had a chance to do a before and after on a spreadsheet.

The only changes I can confirm from my findings are:

Up smash did get nerfed. Same damage but takes 10% more to kill.
Up throw has more KB

Tested on Mario with settings set to controller to avoid CPU DI

soniczx123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
soniczx123
Switch FC
SW-2963-6512-0416
With the Fthrow kb nerf, is it significant enough that you can combo it into something reliably??

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
lol the amount of contradictory information in this tiny 2 page thread alone is hilariously huge!

I did testings myself today. Is it placebo or is Sonic more blue than before?

Luig

Confused
Here is a list of confirmed changes that I will update over time:

-Dair has more IASA frames.
-Up smash kos about 10% later.
-Up throw barely has more kb.(barely does anything.)
- f throw kos 2% earilier.

Things that need more investigation:

- spring having altered physics
-bair being slightly faster
-check utilt?
-fsmash being stronger
I'm taking into account all the suspicions people had. Except the bluer one.

After some testing I discovered some changes. This is subject to change (still testing and need some confirmation)
+Foward Smash has been given more KB. Fully Charged kills at 65%, uncharged kills at 95-90ish
+Much more easier to jump/spring out of Down Air, I found myself no longer self destructing using Down Air.
-Up Smash has reduced KB
-Foward Throw knockback decreased (again)
-Back throw knockback decreased (again)
Both back and foward throw failed to KO Mario at even 160%.

Everything else seems unchanged.
f throw has never koed mario at 160%. b throw though depends on where you are.

Last edited:

The_Paradiddler

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 2397 7602 9504
Guys I think ghost type is super effective against psychic now isn't that great more testing needed tho

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
Wtf is iasa frames? It is good or bad for the dair?
Interruptible as soon as - frames, are those frames in the last part of a move where usually the hitbox disappears, the character is still in the move stance but you can cancel it. So it is good the the Dair has more IASA frames because you can interrupt it with a spring, for example, sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom