• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Spacies

ACA CREAM

Smash Rookie
So I'm terrible at the Spacie match up. Aside from the classic Up throw chain grab, what can I do against Spacies to make my life a little easier?

Here is a video of me getting Mauled at a major a couple months ago, any help.critique is greatly appreciated.

ZG Lil D

Smash Rookie
This match up is very tricky for luigi, the biggest advantage you have is that luigi is very hard to get comboed for big percent loses, using this try to make the spacie chase you by wave dashing in and out of range and throw out down smash/ nair / f tilt in neutral which are luigis best options, also d or u throw can lead to up tilt combos that can lead to big percent on species depending on di, also nair u smash/ f smash can be a kill move if the percent is high enough, luigi has a lot of tricks that can catch even the highest of level players off guard so make sure to mix up the combos with up tilt/ nair/ up air/ bair, unless the spacie has impeccable di one of these should always be an option off of nair/ u or down throw. Hope this helps

AK_Paradox

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rocko146
Practice upthrow regrabs, it'll make the matchup easier and they can lead to some pretty heavy duty Luigi combos.

Top Bottom