• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting banjo as bowser seems to difficult

Silask20

Smash Apprentice
I feel like im a pretty good bowser, but fighting banjo seems to get me every time. His golden feather nonsense is usable mid fire stream so cant really use my nuetral B vs him and zoning egg spam with follow up counters to my zoning counters seems to just secure the round for every banjo I face.

Anyone else having this issue or is it just me

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
His golden feather nonsense is usable mid fire stream so cant really use my nuetral B vs him
Stop holding it too long. Get your damage, then stop before Wonder Wing becomes a risk.
and zoning egg spam with follow up counters to my zoning counters seems to just secure the round for every banjo I face.

Anyone else having this issue or is it just me
I haven't had a problem with eggs. They're about the same as Mario's fireballs. Rapid fire is WEAK.

I'm not in Elite Smash yet, I've been floating at about 5 mill GSP for a bit now. In every Banjo fight I've fought, the main cause of my loss has been overaggression running face first into Wonder Wings. Start recognizing when Wonder Wing is usable and be more willing to hold back and don't commit to stupid things. This goes double when the opponent is off stage. Wonder Wing is one of the ultimate anti-edge guarding tools and it's very easy to jump face-first into the oncoming charge.

Wonder Wing is a powerful move, but it's massively punishable. All you have to do is shield or evade it. So keep your eye out for it.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
When it comes to wonder wing, if you're using fire and they plan to mash side B, you can use that as a set up. Force them to wonder wing, block, then punish (it isn't safe). You can get big damage or even a kill that way.

As with eggs...aren't they too weak to cause Bowser to flinch due to Tough Guy? Shouldn't you be able to just walk right up to them while they're doing that?

Top Bottom