• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighters Legacy (Fighting Game Platform Fighter) Continued - Complete

What Kind of Collectibles would you prefer for this project

• Trophies

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Spirits (More Detailed - ex. descriptions)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Results
Monorail 5
Altar 3
Torifune 3
Gate of Judgment 1

Monorail is our BlazBlue stage

Next job: Flesh out Mortal Kombat content. We have a moveset for Sub-zero but this will be an opportunity to create one for Scorpion, Shao Khan, & establish things like Stage Music, Victory themes, Series Icons, Taunts, etc., we have new Google Docs in the op to help organize all this content.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Hey I didn't knowed that we can also submit movesets for bosses. I would like to submit one for Geese later. Anyway, here is my idea for Scorpion.

Move List
InputAttack
Neutral SpecialSpear/Burning Spear
Scorpion will throw his kunai forward, the attack will have propierties similar to the Belmont's whip, attaching in the corner and that class of things, if the spear hits the opponent press the attack button again to grab them. Use ←← + attack button to ignite the spear and deal more damage.

Forward SpecialDemon Dash/Demon Slam
Scorpion runs at the opponent, grabbing them similar to Ganondorf side B, use ←→ + attack button to summon a flame to burn the enemy, dealing more damage. In the air the move change to a slam (again, similar to Ganondorf side B), remind that if you are in the air you will fall at max speed without salvation, the good thing is that your enemy will also die, the bad thing is that you die first so if you have less stocks than your rival is preferible to not do this. Demon Slam doesn't has an input variation.

Back SpecialHell Flame
Scorpion throws a fireball in diagonal direction, if hits correctly in the air the move gets knockback propierties. Use ↓→ + attack button to add burning damage.

Up SpecialHellport
Scorpion teleports at the back of the nearest foe and attacks, if all the enemies are too far Scorpion will teleport forward (in the ground) or at the nearest point to the corner (in the air). Use ↓← + attack to increase the range of the teleport.

Down SpecialDemon Breath
Scorpion shows his hellish side exhaling fire from his mouth, in the ground you can move a little. This move doesn't has an input variant.
Ultimate AttackFINISH HIM!!!
Scorpion starts summoning a skeleton hand that appears at the nearest foe, if hits in an enemy a cinematic move starts teleporting them in the Netherrealm, he starts summoning the ghosts of the Shirai Ryu who attacks the opponent. Meanwhile Scorpion change his appearence to a flaming skeleton, exhales a huge flame burning the enemy to ashes. If the opponent lose the match after the attack the SCORPION WINS, FATALITY voice clip will appear, and there is also a small chance that the TOASTY effect will also appear.

For the rest I don't have too much ideas with the exception of his fanfare, being the classic victory theme from the classic Mortal Kombat games.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Hey I didn't knowed that we can also submit movesets for bosses. I would like to submit one for Geese later.
Geese already does have a moveset from the original thread although it’s just his attacks, not how he’s actually play as a fighter. I think I might have forgotten to catalogue it in the original thread but it is on the original submission for Geese

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Hey I didn't knowed that we can also submit movesets for bosses. I would like to submit one for Geese later. Anyway, here is my idea for Scorpion.

Move List
InputAttack
Neutral SpecialSpear/Burning Spear
Scorpion will throw his kunai forward, the attack will have propierties similar to the Belmont's whip, attaching in the corner and that class of things, if the spear hits the opponent press the attack button again to grab them. Use ←← + attack button to ignite the spear and deal more damage.

Forward SpecialDemon Dash/Demon Slam
Scorpion runs at the opponent, grabbing them similar to Ganondorf side B, use ←→ + attack button to summon a flame to burn the enemy, dealing more damage. In the air the move change to a slam (again, similar to Ganondorf side B), remind that if you are in the air you will fall at max speed without salvation, the good thing is that your enemy will also die, the bad thing is that you die first so if you have less stocks than your rival is preferible to not do this. Demon Slam doesn't has an input variation.

Back SpecialHell Flame
Scorpion throws a fireball in diagonal direction, if hits correctly in the air the move gets knockback propierties. Use ↓→ + attack button to add burning damage.

Up SpecialHellport
Scorpion teleports at the back of the nearest foe and attacks, if all the enemies are too far Scorpion will teleport forward (in the ground) or at the nearest point to the corner (in the air). Use ↓← + attack to increase the range of the teleport.

Down SpecialDemon Breath
Scorpion shows his hellish side exhaling fire from his mouth, in the ground you can move a little. This move doesn't has an input variant.
Ultimate AttackFINISH HIM!!!
Scorpion starts summoning a skeleton hand that appears at the nearest foe, if hits in an enemy a cinematic move starts teleporting them in the Netherrealm, he starts summoning the ghosts of the Shirai Ryu who attacks the opponent. Meanwhile Scorpion change his appearence to a flaming skeleton, exhales a huge flame burning the enemy to ashes. If the opponent lose the match after the attack the SCORPION WINS, FATALITY voice clip will appear, and there is also a small chance that the TOASTY effect will also appear.

For the rest I don't have too much ideas with the exception of his fanfare, being the classic victory theme from the classic Mortal Kombat games.
Geese already does have a moveset from the original thread although it’s just his attacks, not how he’s actually play as a fighter. I think I might have forgotten to catalogue it in the original thread but it is on the original submission for Geese
I found the post from the old thread, was actually linked with Geese in the op for this thread but forgot to add that & bosses in general to the Google Docs which will be fixed when I am able.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Will submit the below for mortal kombat

Series Icon, kind of obivious but will officially confirm it

For music will add MK 9's Deadpool theme.

Next job - nominate a new fighter from Capcom.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Capcom Fighter job is still open

Next Job - Contributer roundtable.

Its almost been a month since this thread started so I thought id check in with everyone regarding this thread. Anyone have any general ideas or suggestions for jobs or how the project is being run.

Am particularly curious what everyone thinks of the pacing.

-Should we be doing multiple jobs a day instead of just 1, dont want things to get too messy but noticed other Smashboards Creates threads do this.

-What about voting, should we only take the winner or should we go with the top 2, Should voting close after all job contributers have voted or let it go for the at least 24 hours system.

Be honest, i want to run this project to the best of my ability & all feedback is appreciated.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll give a bit of feedback soon but before then I’ll submit Batsu from Rival Schools. Rival Schools is a very iconic series and has been in a few capcom crossovers in the past so it makes sense to add him in.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Feedback is always welcome, time to vote on our next Capcom rep.

Hayato from Star Gladiator

Nominations

Edward Falcon (Power Stone) by HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64
Batsu (Rival Schools) by Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Hayato (Star Gladiator) by myself

Top 2 yours can only place 2nd

Falcon
Batsu

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Dou, I missed my opportunity to submit Tessa, anyway.
1.Falcon
2.Batsu
-Should we be doing multiple jobs a day instead of just 1, dont want things to get too messy but noticed other Smashboards Creates threads do this.

-What about voting, should we only take the winner or should we go with the top 2, Should voting close after all job contributers have voted or let it go for the at least 24 hours system.
1- I think multiple jobs could be only when there are small jobs like moveset or mode suggestions, for things like new characters it's more practical only do one job at time.
2- For voting I think the same, depends of the work, sometimes the top 2 (or even the top 3) could be a better idea than just one winner, but other times just one is fine. For close votations I think that we should wait and if after certaint time there isn't any new votes close the poll.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Voting Closed

Results

Falcon - 8
Batsu - 5
Hayato - 5

HyperSomari64's entry of Edward Falcon wins & is our next fighter

Next jobs

A - Submit a boss stage for Shao Khan & a stage for Power Stone

B - Lets flesh out content from Virtua Fighter & Samurai Shodown (movesets, music, misc series info, etc.)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Samurai Shodown Content
Music
(I will submit 14 tracks, I think it's a number that works)
  1. The Way of a Man (Haohmaru Theme)
  2. Banquet of Nature (Nakoruru Theme)
  3. Honor's Melody "Night" (Ukyo Theme)
  4. Tuna (Galford Theme)
  5. Divine Punishment (Hanzo Theme)
  6. French Lady (Charlotte Theme)
  7. Onibayashi (Genjuro Theme)
  8. Blaze (Kazuki Theme)
  9. 3 Destinies of Lamentation (Basara Theme)
  10. Iki (Yoshi tora Theme)*
  11. Pulsation (Shiki Theme)
  12. Wings of Yearning (Iroha Theme)
  13. The Crow (Yashamaru Theme)
  14. Agitated Calm (Amakusa Theme)
Maybe I will do Nakoruru moveset later, but I want to propose the existence of Strikers (much like what Assists are but instead of being RNG you select them at the start and only have one, similar to other games like NESTS Saga KOF games or Dengeki Bunko.
*Yo****ora's name is always censored, bruh 🗿

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Jobs are still active, Will add one & submit the following for our original active jobs

Shao Khan Boss Stage (Khan Arena)

Blue Sky Area (Power Stone Stage)

Virtua Fighter Content
Icon

Akira Theme (VF1)
Victory Fanfare

Samurai Shodown Content
Icon

Victory Fanfare

Job C - Trophies won our poll against Detailed Spirits for our collectible, New Job - Submit fighting game characters you would like to see from ArcSys represented as at least a trophy (does not deconfirm for future increased role).

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Idk if I can submit multiple characters, and also don't know if characters from franchise not developed by ArcSys but that has some class of relation with it (like publishers) counts, but these are my four submissions.

From Left to Right: Ky Kiske (Guilty Gear), Dizzy (Guilty Gear), Yuuki Terumi (BlazBlue), Hyde Kido (Under Night In-Birth)

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Idk if I can submit multiple characters, and also don't know if characters from franchise not developed by ArcSys but that has some class of relation with it (like publishers) counts, but these are my four submissions.

From Left to Right: Ky Kiske (Guilty Gear), Dizzy (Guilty Gear), Yuuki Terumi (BlazBlue), Hyde Kido (Under Night In-Birth)
Sorry did not think of those 2 good questions for this job.

-Multiple characters are fine, The limit will start at 4 for now but may be upped in the future based on general interest in this job type.
-Series developed & published by ArcSys are fine.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion

Gonna flesh out the ideas since I have time.
  • Ky: Playable, yeah he could be quite predictable and I known some people would prefer other character instead of him be he is just that iconic (apart, he has the best themes in all the series).
  • Dizzy: I would like to see her playable, but if the strikers idea I gived becomes official, she would be perfect for that role.
  • Terumi: First I wanted him playable but after thinking on it a bit more, he could fit betterhas a boss, he could have a second phase where he transforms in Susanoo.
  • Hyde: Playable, come on, maybe quite niche in general but in terms of "anime-esque" fighters UNIB is one of the main ones so Hyde would be very fitting here.
I was also thinking on Melty Blood, but I don't know if it would be against the rules since is an spin-off of Tsukihime (a VN), but at the same time I think there are more people that known Melty Blood than Tsukihime.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Gonna flesh out the ideas since I have time.
  • Ky: Playable, yeah he could be quite predictable and I known some people would prefer other character instead of him be he is just that iconic (apart, he has the best themes in all the series).
  • Dizzy: I would like to see her playable, but if the strikers idea I gived becomes official, she would be perfect for that role.
  • Terumi: First I wanted him playable but after thinking on it a bit more, he could fit betterhas a boss, he could have a second phase where he transforms in Susanoo.
  • Hyde: Playable, come on, maybe quite niche in general but in terms of "anime-esque" fighters UNIB is one of the main ones so Hyde would be very fitting here.
I was also thinking on Melty Blood, but I don't know if it would be against the rules since is an spin-off of Tsukihime (a VN), but at the same time I think there are more people that known Melty Blood than Tsukihime.
Yeah Melty Blood is a strange case, Might leave it up to a vote at some point, Dont see too much of an issue with potential characters like Night of Wallachia who has only appeared in Melty Blood or Sion who debuted in Melty Blood as far as I am aware.

D

Deleted member

Kof_xv_yuri_render.png

Yuri Sakazaki
It would be cool to have reps for the big SNK fighters. We have Kyo and Terry so we need someone for AOF. We could go Ryo but I think it would be neat to go with Yuri. She's pretty popular and has an interesting history, her attacks being parodies of Capcom attacks ad a joke response to the Dan - Ryo thing. Plus I just think she's fun.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Results

Filia 11
Batsu 8
Yuri 5
Akatsuki 2
Heart 2
Oleander 0

My entry of Filia & Champion of Hyrule's entry of Batsu join the roster

Next Jobs

A - Submit a stage for Skullgirls & Rival Schools

B - Submit new item ideas (limit is 4)

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Jobs are still open, will make submittions & add new job

Streets of New Meridian (Skullgirls)

Gorin Gymnasium (Rival Schools)

All reskins of Smash items
-Food (Various): Feel like multiple series have food references so lets group them together as healing items like in smash
-Flamethrower (Powerstone): Fireflower
-DoA Volleyball (Dead or Alive): Smash Soccer/Football
-Shishi-Oh (Mitsurgis Sword from SoulCalibur): beam sword

New Job
Job C - Lets flesh out content for Killer Instinct & Bloody Roar (movesets, music, misc series info, etc.)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I will submit Lab 8 has a Skullgirls stage.

And for items, I will submit the "Faust's Bag", based on the character of the same name in Guilty Gear, this item allows you to throw a big variety of items including food, hammers, a chibi faust, bombs, poison, drum cans, jump pads, meteors, black holes, and hellium gas. The lethal items can damage both the rivals and the user. And also the Bowling Ball, from Tekken similar to the Mii Brawler's default Neutral B it's a heavy ball with a lot of knockback.

Last edited:
Top Bottom