• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighters Legacy (Fighting Game Platform Fighter) Continued - Complete

What Kind of Collectibles would you prefer for this project

• Trophies

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Spirits (More Detailed - ex. descriptions)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

We never talked about playable bosses, if you are talking about the movesets I did I aclared that its a proposition in the case we make them playable. But afaik nirvanafan nerver said anything about it.
Bosses being playable was something that was established way back on the first thread when COH ran it. Don't know if it carried over

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Ah, they didn't appear has playable in the doc so I didn't know, nirvanafan nirvanafan if this is true then I will change mine.
Job #16: Submit A Street Fighter and/or King of Fighters Boss

If you remember, a while ago we decided our modded would be called World Tournaments and some would have bosses. So this job will be the first one to decide bosses. We’ll do a total of 5 bosses but our first two will be from Street Fighter and King of Fighters. The boss will become unlockable as a playable character meaning our number of 50 is really 55.

So for now I’d like you to submit a boss character you think we should add from Street Fighter or King of Fighters. Bosses from Fatal Fury or Art of Fighting will be allowed for KoF. Anyone is allowed just as long as they were a boss in those series and if you’re wondering if a character counts as a boss, you can go ahead and ask. Please submit the character and explain what their moves would be. Don’t worry about how they would be controlled when they’re playable, we’ll deal with that later. I’d also like you to describe the area the fight takes place in.

(and the picture is just there for visual flare, it’s not saying your submission has to be one of those characters)
Sorry, looked at the old thread & looks like we did have bosses also as secret playable fighters. Honestly overlooked & forgot about it but it should have been brought over alongside everything else from the original thread.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Eyedol (Killer Instinct)

Pharaoh Walker (Power Stone)

Voting Time

Nominees
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer
Nu-13 (BlazBlue)
Wolfgang Krauser (Fatal Fury)
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Ancient Ogre (Tekken)
@Darkonedagger
Urien (Street Fighter)
Myself
Eyedol (Killer Instinct)
Pharaoh Walker (Power Stone)

Vote for your top 3, yours cannot place 1st, top 3 join as Strikers
Nu-13
Pharaoh Walker
Ogre

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Results

Nu-13 8
Urien 5
Ogre 2
Pharaoh Walker 2
Krauser 1
Eyedol 0

Since I was the only one to vote for Pharaoh Walker we will have Ogre win the tiebreaker so our new Strikers are Nu-13 (Infinity Sorcerer), Urien (darkonedagger), and Ancient Ogre (champion of hyrule).

Next jobs
A - Lets flesh out content (movesets, music, alts, misc series info, etc.) from Akira (SF EX & Fighting EX Layer) & Art of Fighting.

B - Nominate up to 8 fighters to appear as trophies between Akatsuki Blitzkampf & Square Enix (Kaiser Knuckle, Tobal, Ehrgeiz, etc). Remember this does not de-confirm anyone from bigger future roles.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium

Current jobs still open

New Jobs
C - Was thinking it could be fun idea to expand costumes to include outfits referencing other characters from the same series (ex. giving Chun-Li a Cammy alt. outfit) Not sure how anyone else feels about that.

D - Thought we would take another look at our world tournaments mode. Not sure if any had any ideas for routes or further ideas for the mode in general.

You have an arcade mode made up of 3 to 8 fights (depends on series) based on each of our represented series. It takes you through the history of the franchise and you fight against characters from the series you’re in.

So for example, the Street Fighter world’s tournament will probably have eight battles and be a pretty long one while Yie Ar Kung Fu would probably just have three fight. Some franchises would likely have bosses as well but the bosses will probably end up being playable later. We will use stand-ins for characters just like the way Street Fighter V does for their arcade modes.

You can play any of the tournaments with any characters but playing them with characters who are actually from that franchise gets you an arcade ending in addition to alternate costumes which would be the reward of this mode. Later on we might even be able to give characters crossover arcade endings relating to other franchises such as Ryu winning the Tekken tournament, for example.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Job A will join list of open jobs that anyone can add to if they want later.

New job - submit more costume ideas, only limitation is you can only submit 1 per fighter, based on previous job costumes based on other fighters from the same franchise are also allowed.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Ryo's Moveset
Shout out to tonygameman tonygameman who helped on part of the moveset.

First for all notice that Ryo has a special meter called Spirit Meter, this meter is required for do his special moves like in the original Art of Fighting games, this meter is also required for do some Desesperation Moves that also requires that Ryo goes to a critical health state. He can charge this meter just attacking but more notoriously he can charge it with his Shield Special. He can also wall-jump like in his original games.

Also just because I wanted to list other cool moves that Ryo has in other attacks:

MoveDescription
Neutral Special:
Ko'ou Ken
Ryo launch a fireball with one hand, if his Spirit Meter is low it would only launch a burst of energy from his hand. He can also do the move midair where he shoots downwards (and its also affected by the spirit meter). Use QCF + Attack to increase the speed of the move (ignores the quantity of Spirit Meter).
Side Special:
Hien Shippu Kyaku
Ryo flies in the air with a spin kick that hits 2 times, if his Spirit Meter is low it would only kick once. Use QCB + Attack to increase the length of the move (ignores the quantity of Spirit Meter).
Up Special:
Kohou
Ryo does a jumping uppercut with his rear fist, if his Spirit Meter is low the distance of the move would be greatly reduced, use the DP motion to gain invencibility at the start of the move (ignores the quantity of Spirit Meter).
Down Special:
Jyoudan Uke
Ryo parries the enemy's attack with his arm, if the spirit meter is low it can't parry projectiles.​
Desesperation Move:
Haoh Shokou Ken
If Ryo has all his Spirit Meter and 100% of damage or more he can use this move pressing forward, then HCF + attack. Using this makes Ryo launch a huge multi-hitting fireball that deals heavy damage to the enemies.​
Ultimate Attack:
Ryuuko Ranbu/Shin Tenchi Haoh Ken
Ryo has two Ultimate Attacks depending of the distance, if he is far of the opponent he will dash forwards. If he makes contact with the opponent, he'll attack with an onslaught of punches and kicks, ending with a powerful Kohou.​
If he is close to the opponent he will do an almighty punch that stuns the opponent, if he holds the button the move also launch the opponent really far.​

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Chun Li - Cammy Outfit
Ky Kiske - Sin Kiske
Kazuya - Heihachi Outfit
Nightmare - Inferno Armor
Scorpion - Cyrax Armor
Jacky - Polygonal Champion (Virtua Fighter 1) like Akiras
Yugo - Gado Outfit
Noel - Kaka Outfit
Ayane - Nostalgia (Classic from DoA 1 & 2)
Filia - Painwheel Outfit
Aoko - Arcueid Outfit
Heart Aino - Dark Heart Outfit

Next job - Nominate a fighter from a fighting series developed by a western game studio (Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, etc.)

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Orchid (Killer Instinct)

Will leave nominations open

Side job - What is everyones opinion on unlockable content, are our bosses our only secret fighters and what about stages?

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I will submit Raiden for a new MK rep.

Being fair I feel all those things has a mixed bag, we didn't stated a good organization in first place so it sometimes feels odd (particulary in stages), probably the bosses are the strongest part here since I think it's a very solid lineup.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Will submit Liu Kang. MK could use more reps and the “bruce lee clone” is a very common archetype in fighting games so I think he would be a nice pick to represent that aspect of fighting games

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Voting Time
Unfortunately as darkonedagger stated Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule 's nominee of Lui-Kang is a Striker & is ineligible.

Nominees
Candyman (Lethal League) by HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64
Raiden (Mortal Kombat) by Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer
Hisako (Killer Instinct) by @Darkonedagger
Orchid (Killer Instinct) by myself

Vote for your top 3, yours cannot place 1st, top 2 in votes join roster.

Raiden
Hisako
Orchid

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Results

Raiden 8
Orchid 8
Hisako 5
Candyman 3

Raiden (Infinity Sorcerer) & Orchid (myself) join the roster.

Next jobs

A - Lets flesh out content (movesets, music, alts, misc series info, etc.) from Capcom Vs. & Virtua Fighter (recent newcomer Jacky).

B - Submit up to 8 fighting game characters from Konami to appear as at least a trophy (does not de-confirm from other roles in future).

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Submittions for previous 2 jobs still open

New job - Nominate up to 2 Strikers from a fighting game series that does not have a playable fighter.

Ineligible Series
Street Fighter
Darkstalkers
Power Stone
Rival Schools
Capcom Vs.
SF Ex/Fighting Ex Layer
King of Fighter
Fatal Fury
Art of Fighting
Samurai Shodown
Last Blade
World Heroes
Guilty Gear
BlazBlue
Tekken
Soul Calibur
Virtua Fighter
Yie Ar Kung Fu
Bloody Roar
Dead or Alive
Mortal Kombat
Killer Instinct
Skullgirls
Melty Blood
Undernight In Birth
Arcanea Heart
Akatsuki Blitzkampf
Kaiser Knuckle

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Capcom Vs.
Symbol

Victory Fanfare

Konami/Yie Ar Kung Fu
Symbol

Victory Fanfare

Trophies (Had fun digging through a bunch of games, mostly ones I never heard of for this one).
  1. Kai Himuro (G.A.S.P!! Fighters' NEXTream/Deadly Arts)
  2. Yugo Sangunji (Kensei: Sacred Fist)
  3. Allen (Kensei: Sacred Fist)
  4. Astronots/Andy (Rakugakids)
  5. Daigo Raioh (Lightning Legend: Daigo no Daibouken
  6. Salamander (Martial Champion)
  7. Poseidon (Galatic Warriors)
  8. Anne (Monster Maulers)
Strikers
Urs (Battle Fantasia - Arc Sys)

Pierre (Fighter Destiny - Opus/Imagineer)

Striker nominees still open.

New job - Nominate up to 2 stages from Fighting Games released between 2010-2019.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Voting Time
Unfortunately based on previous discussion regarding guest content HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 's entry of Goku is ineligible.

Nominees
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer
Blizzard (Primal Rage)
myself
Urs (Battle Fantasia)
Pierre (Fighter Destiny)

Vote for your top 2, yours cannot place 1st, most votes will join as a Striker

Blizzard
Pierre

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Blizzard 7
Pierre 5
Urs 0

Infinity Sorcerer's entry of Blizzard from Primal Rage joins the Striker roster.

New job - Nominate up to 2 stages from Fighting Games released between 2010-2019.
Almost forgot but this job is still open & will extend it to include stages from fighting games released in 2000 or later.

Unforgettable (Dead or Alive - DoA 6 from 2019)

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Subspace (Brawl - 2008)

Cameos by Tabuu, Ancient Minister, & Primids, orbs of subspace engulfed worlds also in background.

New Job
Nominate a fighting game character for the roster primarily known for utilizing a melee weapon. (Not series limited but certain series rosters like SoulCalibur, Toshiden, Star Gladiator, etc do have lots of good options for this role)

Top Bottom