• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighter Pass Guessing Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
So Sakurai is developing five fighters for the Fighter Pass. And I'm holding a little game to predict the characters and what stage they will come with.

Here are the rules:

1) Don't predict characters from a series that's already represented by a fighter or stage. I know there are fighters you want from an already represented series like how I want Tails to be in. But when each character comes with their own stage and music, and Smash Bros Ultimate aims to be the biggest crossover ever, they must be from new franchises that don't have a series symbol yet. But series represented through cameos like Assist Trophies and Spirits can still be represented. Anyone from Mario (and his spinoffs), The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Starfox, Pokémon, F-Zero, EarthBound, Ice Climber, Fire Emblem, Game & Watch, Pikmin, R.O.B., Metal Gear, Sonic, Animal Crossing, Punch-Out, Wii Fit, Xenoblade, Duck Hunt, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Bayonetta, Splatoon or Castlevania cannot be on your predictions.
2) While series that already have Assist Trophies are allowed in your prediction, the Assist Trophies cannot be characters. Sorry Isaac fans, he can't be in your prediction, but perhaps there is some other Golden Sun character you want?
3) Characters who are Spirits or Mii costumes are still eligible to be a fighter. While it's common consensus that no one could be a fighter and an assist trophy in the same game, Spirits are the replacement for Trophies and Stickers (all the fighters had trophies and stickers, and Mewtwo and Lucas came as Smash 4's DLC despite having trophies), and there are costumes for Link, Samus and Fox in Smash 4. So while Spring Man can't get in because of the Assist Trophy, Ribbon Girl can get in despite the Mii Costume.
4) The characters and series has to be owned by video game developers. Sakurai can't negotiate with movie producers, comic book/manga publishers, or novel authors to get the rights to a character because he doesn't want to go through the same troubles getting James Bond in and he wants Smash to be about video game characters. Disney's primarily a movie studio, so sorry Sora fans, Kingdom Hearts is banned from this game like Dragon Ball Z and DC Comics. However, characters owned by Nintendo and its subsidiaries, third-party game developers, and indie games are viable. But characters created in a video game through a license agreement of movie/tv/comic/manga adaptations and crossovers are not legitimate, no matter how much the owners want their character in.
5) The characters have to appear at least once in a game on a Nintendo system. If they've never been seen on any of Nintendo's hardware, they are not eligible for Smash. But a minor cameo can be enough.
6) Each stage has to come from the same game as the character.
7) List the songs with semicolons to separate them.

Phew... That's a lot of rules. Hope that doesn't make it too confusing to you. Anyway, let me start with my example.

Fighter Pack #1
Series: Shantae
Character: Shantae
Stage: Scuttle Town
Music: Dance Through the Danger; Title (Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero); Dark Caverns; Scuttle Town; Risky's Song; Boss Battle

Fighter Pack #2
Series: ARMS
Character: Ribbon Girl
Stage: Ribbon Ring
Music: Grand Prix; Spring Stadium; Ribbon Ring

Fighter Pack #3
Series: Tomb Raider
Character: Lara Croft
Stage: Croft Manor
Music: Main Theme (Tomb Raider Underworld); Pouncing Tigers; Croft Manor (Tomb Raider Anniversary)

Fighter Pack #4
Series: Crash Bandicoot
Character: Crash
Stage: N. Sanity Island
Music: N. Sanity Beach; The Time Twister; Crash Cove; N. Sanity Island (Crash Twinsanity)

Fighter Pack #5
Series: Banjo-Kazooie
Fighter: Banjo & Kazooie
Stage: Spiral Mountain
Music: Click Clock Woods Spring; Spiral Mountain; Treasure Trove Cove

Okay, now it's your turn. Which five fighters from five series do you want to see in the Fighter Pass?

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
You seem to have a ton of arbitrary rules. I fully expect at least one first party character from the DLC other than Piranha Plant (probably Bandana Dee or a shill character from Gen 8 or Three Houses), but fine, I'll play with these rules. I don't listen to video game music so I cannot list much of any of it.

Fighter Pack #1
Series: Minecraft
Character: Steve
Stage: Minecraft
Music: Minecraft Music

Fighter Pack #2
Series: Monster Hunter
Fighter: Monster Hunter
Stage: Can we fight on that stage that Rathalos was revealed on? If not that one
Music: Monster Hunter Music

Fighter Pack #3
Series: Dragon Quest
Character: Slime
Stage: Some Dragon Quest stage
Music: Dragon Quest Music

Fighter Pack #4
Series: Granblue
Character: the rumored girl one idk
Stage: actually have an oddball prediction here, but an iDOLM@STER stage would make sense here, considering it is a Namco Bandai property and the mobile games from the series are made by Cygames, the creators of Granblue, a company that Nintendo also owns partial stock in.

Fighter Pack #5
Series: Rayman
Fighter: Rayman
Stage: Castle Rock I think it's called?
Music: hopefully the songs from the rhythm stages at the end of each world in Legends

Just as long as we don't get Shantae I'm fine with most things.

Last edited:

Ciro Blanco

Smash Cadet
Paper Mario
Min Min ( Arms)
Rayman
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

and Genji (Overwatch) Lol no just kidding

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Paper Mario
Min Min ( Arms)
Rayman
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

and Genji (Overwatch) Lol no just kidding
Sorry, Paper Mario and Sora breaks my rules. Rule #1 states no series that already have a fighter could be a guess. Mario already has nine fighters and I'm not allowing a spinoff loophole because of DK, Yoshi and Wario. And Rule #4 stated your predictions have to be owned by a game developer and Sora is owned by Disney. That rule even specifically stated Kingdom Hearts is banned, so even if you don't agree with Sora's status as a Disney character, the rule is still there.

Also, what stages are your characters going to come with?

Ciro Blanco

Smash Cadet
I post my comment just for fun...
Mmmm for the stages, I hope they are neutral or at least beautiful, so battlefield and omega form will be used much more.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Fighter Pack #1
Series: A Boy and His Blob
Character: Boy and Blob
Stage: Blobonia
Music: The City March; Subterra; Gear Works; Boss!; Emperor's Battle; Return of the Emperor

Fighter Pack #2
Series: XEXYZ
Character: Apollo
Stage: XEXYZ
Music: Title Theme/Final Boss; Area 1-1 Remix; Area 1-1 ; Area 2-1; Cyborg Rider; Cyborg Rider 2; Area 5-1; Boss Battle; Boss Battle 2

Fighter Pack #3
Series: Ninja Gaiden
Character: Ryu Hayabusa
Stage: Castle Rock Fortress
Music: All These Remixed Tracks 1; All These Remixed Tracks 2

I'll add two others later.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
some of these rules are arbitrary imho... there's no way we don't get a character with a series already represented in the game LOL

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Going to guess unveil/release dates instead of music

Piranha Plant Release: January

Fighter Pack #1
Series: Chrono
Character: Chrono
Stage: Zeal
Unveil: January Direct
Release: March

or (still going to throw Sora as an alt for pack 1 since he is my actual prediction for this dlc slot)

Fighter Pack #1
Series: Kingdom Hearts
Character: Sora
Stage: Olympus Coliseum
Unveil: January Direct
Release: March

Fighter Pack #2
Series: Ninja Gaiden
Character: Hayabusa
Stage: Hayabusa Village
Unveil: March Direct
Release: May

Fighter Pack #3
Series: Minecraft
Character: Steve
Stage: Overworld
Unveil: E3
Release: August

Fighter Pack #4
Series: Banjo-Kazooie
Character: Banjo & Kazooie
Stage: Gruntilda's Layer
Release: October

Fighter Pack #5
Series: Rayman
Fighter: Rayman
Stage: The Valley
Unveil: November Direct
Release: December

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Your rules only change two of mine, I have to remove Edelgard and Hades from the list in favor of someone else. My replacement choices have made my list less likely tho

Fighter Pack #1: Rayman
Character: Rayman
Stage: I was thinking the Greece-based stages from Legends?
Unveil: January Direct- Piranha Plant released "after this presentation" oh and one more thing...
Release: February

Fighter Pack #2: Psychonauts
Character: Razputin
Stage: Whispering Rock Summer Camp
Unveil: April Direct, following announcement of port of Psychonauts 1 coming to Switch and that Psychonauts 2 will be also releasing for the system
(And yes, Raz still qualifies regardless if the ports occur, he was a guest character in a Runner game on Wii U)

Fighter Pack #3: Banjo-Kazooie
Stage: Treasure Trove Cove
Release: After the presentation

Fighter Pack #4: Mortal Kombat
Character: Sub-Zero
Stage: Lin Kuei Palace
Unveil: EVO
Release: September

Fighter Pack #5: Chrono Trigger
Stage: Zeal? I never played this game so I stole nirvanafan nirvanafan answer lol
Release: December 7

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
some of these rules are arbitrary imho... there's no way we don't get a character with a series already represented in the game LOL
Well, if they are from a represented series, why would they come with a stage and music if they can share a stage in the game with pre-existing characters from the same series? And Ultimate only has two newly represented series, so we can use more new series.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Your rules only change two of mine, I have to remove Edelgard and Hades from the list in favor of someone else. My replacement choices have made my list less likely tho

Fighter Pack #1: Rayman
Character: Rayman
Stage: I was thinking the Greece-based stages from Legends?
Unveil: January Direct- Piranha Plant released "after this presentation" oh and one more thing...
Release: February

Fighter Pack #2: Psychonauts
Character: Razputin
Stage: Whispering Rock Summer Camp
Unveil: April Direct, following announcement of port of Psychonauts 1 coming to Switch and that Psychonauts 2 will be also releasing for the system
(And yes, Raz still qualifies regardless if the ports occur, he was a guest character in a Runner game on Wii U)

Fighter Pack #3: Banjo-Kazooie
Stage: Treasure Trove Cove
Release: After the presentation

Fighter Pack #4: Mortal Kombat
Character: Sub-Zero
Stage: Lin Kuei Palace
Unveil: EVO
Release: September

Fighter Pack #5: Chrono Trigger
Stage: Zeal? I never played this game so I stole nirvanafan nirvanafan answer lol
Release: December 7
Honestly i never have either, i just googled chrono trigger locations and zeal seemed important and like it could be a fun stage, haha

Lazer Tuna

Smash Rookie
1. Shantae
2. Banjo Kazooie
3. Donde and Hikari(Onigamisha)
4. Tethu(Ever Oasis)
5. Demille(Tomato Adventure)

I’ll be back with more details after more thorough research

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
1. Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]
2. Bill Rizer/Lance Bean [Contra]
3. Arthur [Ghosts 'n Goblins]
4. Kunio/Riki [River City Ransom]
5. Erdrick [Dragon Quest]

Wishful thinking? Sure. Do I care? Nope!

HueyLewisFan

Smash Rookie
Gonna add a line and include possible echo fighters for a few of the characters. I don’t think any of the packs will get anything other than what was listed, but it’s fun to think about considering how many echo’s we’ve gotten so far in Ultimate.

Fighter Pack #1
Series: Ace Attorney
Character: Phoenix Wright
Stage: Courtroom from Dual Destinies (maybe the destroyed version?)
Music: Pursuit ~ Cornered; The Fragrance of Dark Coffee; The Steel Samurai Theme; Simon Blackquill ~ Distorted Swordsmanship
Possible Echo – Miles Edgeworth

Fighter Pack #2
Series: The Wonderful 101
Character: Wonder Red
Stage: Blossom City Battlefield
Music: The Won-Stoppable Wonderful 100; Tables Turn; Wonderful Finish; A Wonderful Victory
Possible Echo – Vorkken

Fighter Pack #3
Series: Elite Beat Agents
Character: Elite Beat Agents
Stage: I’m pretty sure the Eiffel Tower was on the map, so Eiffel Tower it is
Music: [All Covers] I was Born to Love You; Y.M.C.A.; Let’s Dance; ABC

Fighter Pack #4
Series: Professor Layton
Character: Professor Layton
Stage: London [OR Labyrinthia, the city from Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright]
Music: The Curious Village; Time for a Break; The Unwound Future; Pursuit ~ Cornered
(yeah I’m cheating by putting two versions of Pursuit in my list, but it’s basically the best piece of classic video game music ever made, can you really blame me?)

Fighter Pack #5
Series: Rabbids [Mario+Rabbids, specifically]
Character: a regular Rabbid
Stage: Rabbid Kong Arena
Music: Midboss Mayhem; The Phantom of the Bwahpera – Acts 1 through 3; Exploring the Mine

I blame the restrictions imposed upon me for my inclusion of a Rabbid. but don't be so quick to dismiss it. We're not only in a post-Cloud world, we're in a post Piranha Plant world. Anything can happen.

ps_

Banned via Warnings
Fighter Pack #1
Series: Advance Wars
Character: Sami
Stage: Omega Land
Music: Hope Never Dies; Hawke's Theme; Cruel Rose; Sami's Theme

Fighter Pack #2
Series: Soulcalibur
Character: Nightmare/Siegfried
Stage: Lost Cathedral
Music: No Turning Back; Thanatos; In Father's Name; Bloodthirst Concerto

Fighter Pack #3
Series: Ace Attorney
Stage: The Trial
Music: Cornered; Announce the Truth; Departed Turnabout; The Fragrance of Dark Coffee

Fighter Pack #4
Series: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Character: Geno
Stage: Star Road
Music: Fight Against Smithy; Fight Against Koopa; Fight Against An Armed Boss; Fight Against Culex; Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Fighter Pack #5
Series: Daemon X Machina
Fighter: Outer/Arsenal
Stage: Sky Union Badlands
Music: TBH

Fighter Pack PRE-ORDER BONUS

Series: Donkey Kong Country
Fighter: Krusha
Stage: Krazy Kremland
Music: Klomp's Romp; Lockjaw's Saga; Hothead Bop; Disco Train; Crocodile Cacophony; Big Boss Blues; Battle Arena

Last edited:

UpgradeX

Smash Cadet
Geno - Super Mario RPG

Wonder-Red - Wonderful 101 (Can release with a Switch version of Wonderful 101)

Banjo Kazooie - Banjo Kazooie

Mike Jones - StarTropics

Shantae - Shantae

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Based on what I think could be the most hype with sooooome personal bias involved

Content Pack #1
Character: Sora
Stage: Twilight Town
Music: 23 music tracks from across the KH series

Content Pack #2
Character: Dante
Stage: Would personally love a city-based stage where you fight in the city itself.
Music: 30 tracks from across the DMC series

Content Pack #3
Stage: The Courtroom
Music: 25 tracks from across the AA series

Content Pack #4
Character: Crash Bandicoot
Stage: Cortex Castle
Music: 27 tracks from across the Crash series.

Content Pack #5
Character: Master Chief
Stage: The Ark
Music: 18 tracks from across the Halo series

What an Ultimate selection...and Phoenix Wright because I want him there.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Geno and Sora aren't allowed in this game. Sorry, I know they are popular, and I know that with the characters we have, it seems like just about anyone can be in. But Geno violates rule #1 that states the characters have to be from a new series that never had a fighter represented in Smash so we can't have any more Mario characters. And Sora violates rule #4 that bans non-video game characters and characters created for crossovers and adaptations. Kingdom Hearts is a Disney crossover. As much as Sora's Disney's ties have been disputed to allow him to have a thread on Smashboards while Goku and Mickey can't, my rules on this thread is a little stricter with Disney characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom