• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighter Ballot

Which character who is not playable in Smash do you think placed the highest on the fighter ballot?

• Bandana Dee

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Banjo & Kazooie

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Bomberman

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Captain Toad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chibi-Robo

• Chorus Kids

• Chun Li

• Crash Bandicoot

• Dixie Kong

• Dr. Eggman

• Elma

• Geno

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Impa

• Isaac

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Karate Joe

• Krystal

• Knuckles

• Lyn

• Magolor

• Marx

• Medusa

• Paper Mario

• Rayman

• Ray MK II

• Sceptiple

• Shadow

• Shantae

• Shovel Knight

• Skull Kid

• Sora

• Steve

• Tails

• Tetra

• Waluigi

• Zero

• Zoroark

• Other

• Total voters

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
Super Smash Bros Ultimate's release date is just around the corner, and I couldn't be more excited. This time around, we are getting quite a few heavily requested characters such as Inkling, King K. Rool, Ridley, and Simon Belmont. While some of these were shoe ins, it's likely many were picked due to their success on the ballot. But as I was thinking about the ballot the other day, I realized we still have not been able to see the results. To be honest, we will probably never will, as fans would likely be mad to see certain characters who placed high still be ignored by Nintendo while others who placed lower got in. As I got to thinking about it more, this led me to wondering who on the ballot placed the highest and did not make it into the game. Was it a first party mascot like Dixie Kong? Or an original IP character like Isaac? Maybe a nostalgic 3rd party like Banjo? Or even an indie character like Shovel Knight or Shantae? So, I thought it would be really cool to make a poll and post it on Smashboards, because usually when I have a question, this community gives me a good answer, or at least something to look into.

Here's a few ground rules and tips
1. Character must have been around before the ballot began (Example: No Spring Man, Decidueye, Rex & Pyra...)
2. Character must have originated in a video game (Example: No Shrek, Mickey Mouse, SpongeBob....)
3. Character must have been popular during the time of the ballot; the Smash community has changed a lot in a couple of years, so try to remember who was popular then as opposed to now (Example: Captain Toad had a much bigger presence in the community then compared to Skull Kid, who has a bigger presence now)
4. Character must be who you think got the most votes, not who you wanted the most (Example: Excitebiker or Mach Rider, both characters I would love to see, probably didn't get a high number of votes)

So, make sure you vote in the poll, but also leave a comment below saying who you picked and why. And tell me, if you picked other, who did you pick? Also, I tried to include as many somewhat big names in the community as possible, but I likely forgot to include one or two fan favorites. So instead of commenting why I didn't include them, select other and comment below who you picked. Thanks :)

7 or 7

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1094 6225 9234
Bandana Dee, mainly due to his popularity in other polls and overseas.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Its probably between banjo and geno, do not think much would have changed between then and now and these 2 seem to be leading the charge of requests

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Since the ballot was indubitably topped by King K Rool and the cut veterans, it makes sense to think Banjo, Geno, or Isaac.

I'm thinking Banjo.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
First party, I'd say Bandana Dee. He's extremely popular in Japan, probably moreso than King K. Rool and Ridley there, and has decent popularity globally as well. Third party is definitely Banjo & Kazooie. While Shovel Knight and Shantae are more relevant, there's still a huge part of the Smash community that doesn't play indies but grew up playing Banjo & Kazooie and it's sequel. As far as Waluigi goes, I don't think he got as many votes if he would've if he hadn't been an assist trophy. Many people thought the ballot would be used for Smash 4, so they likely didn't vote for characters already represented in the game in some way.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Probably a toss up between Dee and Banjo but not that it matters all that much at this point now. I feel the Ballot has ran it's course. MAYBE Nintendo will look at the Ballot for feasible DLC options but part of me doubts it and I feel Nintendo will be going the 3rd party that's relevant to Nintendo at the moment route or advertisements for their upcoming titles route.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Honestly couldn't even begin to guess. Since we thought the Fighter Ballot was for Smash 4 and not a new game, people were voting for characters they thought had a chance. Banjo is obviously the frontrunner now, but during the Smash Ballot, the relationship between Microsoft and Nintendo wasn't as good as it is now, and we didn't have K. Rool here making rare fans a lot more confident.

Waluigi and Ashley have their fans, but they were already assist trophies at that point.

I wasted my own vote on Toad, thinking I couldn't vote for Ridley.

I guess if I had to hazard a guess, Geno, Bandana Waddle Dee and Isaac seem to be the most likely ballot winners that aren't playable in Ultimate, but that's only a guess.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
The ballot results are pretty subjective to begin with since most of today's ballots take place on individual websites/forums, and Nintendo hasn't conducted one of their own ballots in years.

Top Bottom