• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fight Your Way Into His Heart - Monika Support Thread

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
So Monika's getting her own Nendoroid.

Looking forward to that.
She is! I'm quite impressed; it isn't too often western IPs get Nendoroids outside of, like, Disney and Warner Bros. Dan's really hit the big time!

View attachment 322067
Fun fact: I actually made this art before I decide to officially root for Monika and join this community.
Very nice art! Pit looks very nervous haha.

Also, for reference: SmashBoards doesn't allow people to post in the same thread twice in a row within 24 hours, just for spam-prevention purposes. So, be mindful of that!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
She is! I'm quite impressed; it isn't too often western IPs get Nendoroids outside of, like, Disney and Warner Bros. Dan's really hit the big time!
Damn right. Western franchises seem to be getting more Nendoroids as of late. First Lucifer from Helltaker, then Doom Slayer, now Monika! Lots more seem to be hitting the spotlight in the Nendoroid scene as of late!

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman

Also, for reference: SmashBoards doesn't allow people to post in the same thread twice in a row within 24 hours, just for spam-prevention purposes. So, be mindful of that!
Thank you and right

Thank you and right, sorry. Not trying to spam. I just like to text to you good people. I just didn’t know those are the rules so alright. I’ll keep that in mind.

Last edited:

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
So I made an new Monika for Smash 6 art with my mains being surrounded by Monika’s tools with Just Monika options and coding source for deleting all my mains because I was bit bored today and thought to do another Monika for Smash art so hope you all like it. Why does Monika have to do that to them though? Lol

Attachments

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
So I made an new Monika for Smash 6 art with my mains being surrounded by Monika’s tools with Just Monika options and coding source for deleting my mains because I was bit bored today and thought I’ll do another Monika for Smash art. Why Monika have to do like that to them? (Sorry ignore the first one. I didn’t mean to do that.)
9FF2BDBC-7A98-425E-B700-7538FFD4FAAE.png

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
So I made an new Monika for Smash 6 art with my mains being surrounded by Monika’s tools with Just Monika options and coding source for deleting my mains because I was bit bored today and thought I’ll do another Monika for Smash art. Why Monika have to do like that to them? (Sorry ignore the first one. I didn’t mean to do that.)
Very nice artwork! Good work.

Always was interested in the game and finally dived in after seeing plus come out. It did not disappoint. Monika could be a really interesting pick for smash that I would be happy to see happen.
Glad you enjoyed the game! I've added you to the support list.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Did you guys hear about the August 2018 Smash Direct getting deleted?

My mind's telling me it's a glitch in YouTube's algorithm.

My body's telling me we'll get a new Smash Direct this coming August 8th.

My tinfoil hat's telling me that Monika deleted them all to tease us lol

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Did you guys hear about the August 2018 Smash Direct getting deleted?

My mind's telling me it's a glitch in YouTube's algorithm.

My body's telling me we'll get a new Smash Direct this coming August 8th.

My tinfoil hat's telling me that Monika deleted them all to tease us lol
I had not heard about that! That's... odd. I don't know what that means, honestly. It'd be a weird glitch, but I also both doubt we're getting Smash news this soon and double-doubt it'd be on a Sunday? Idk.

Monika coming to Smash with a full-on ARG would be actually perfect though. I feel like there is definitely going to be an interactive/playable Smash trailer at some point in my life, though probably not this game...

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, it’s been a hot minute. Just hear to say that I wouldn’t really mind if Monika made it into Smash Ultimate as a Mii costume because I completely doubt she’s going to be next and in the next Smash game, maybe she’ll join. Who knows. I can imagine what is like to have a self-aware, love-obsesssing, glitch-hacking, corrupting character who represents visual novel, indie and horror joining the biggest fighting crossover game we all know but she’s not the only one represents them. There’s Freddy Fazbear, Monokuma and Pheonix Wright. They also represents them so at this point forward for the last DLC fighter, it can be anybody as long as it’s a video game character. We’re not allowed to have those outside characters from movies, animated films and TV/animated series. We called them 4th parties. I’ll be so shocked if Monika shows up as a Mii costume next but if she‘s next as an actual fighter then….
A1825A01-C00D-4BC8-836A-735EB2256CFD.jpeg

amageish

Smash Master
Hey we got an interview for Dan Salvato and there’s a big surprise at the last following question. This is like Matt’s interview about Shantae‘s future, present and Smash. I think that answer is a joke but true it’ll be a big spoilers but hey, Sephiroth. https://www.pcinvasion.com/doki-doki-literature-club-plus/
Oooo, a Dan interview! Very exciting.

"I think mental health becomes exploited when it’s isolated from the character into a tokenized or romanticized plot device, downgrading the human character into some kind of problem-creating caricature. Without getting into spoilers, Doki Doki Literature Club criticizes that tendency in its own writing. The characters are human first."

This is a very good response and speaks to a lot of what I like about DDLC's writing, especially in DDLC+

"She would lecture you about how she’s not going to spoil her starring role just for some cool attack, and you would die from disappointment."

Wait... Monika in Smash Bros would be spoiler-free? Er. This is going to be a challenging moveset to put together haha... I guess we're going to be doing a lot of word-based attacks.

Also it is certainly a joke. I guess you could say it is interesting the question avoids actually saying if we can/should expect DDLC content in Smash Bros, so it's not a bad sign for her being a Mii Costume or a DDLC spirit event or what-have-you. It's just not a good sign either.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Oooo, a Dan interview! Very exciting.

"I think mental health becomes exploited when it’s isolated from the character into a tokenized or romanticized plot device, downgrading the human character into some kind of problem-creating caricature. Without getting into spoilers, Doki Doki Literature Club criticizes that tendency in its own writing. The characters are human first."

This is a very good response and speaks to a lot of what I like about DDLC's writing, especially in DDLC+

"She would lecture you about how she’s not going to spoil her starring role just for some cool attack, and you would die from disappointment."

Wait... Monika in Smash Bros would be spoiler-free? Er. This is going to be a challenging moveset to put together haha... I guess we're going to be doing a lot of word-based attacks.

Also it is certainly a joke. I guess you could say it is interesting the question avoids actually saying if we can/should expect DDLC content in Smash Bros, so it's not a bad sign for her being a Mii Costume or a DDLC spirit event or what-have-you. It's just not a good sign either.
I actually made some movesets for her in Smash with objects she can used based on other Dokis‘s literature activities and original game: Pen Jab, Knife Stab, Ink Puddle, Poem Throw, Cupcakes, Glitch Teleportation as a recovery and Rope Grab. Final Smash will just be Just Monika where she’ll delete you with an instant KO. They sound so unique like Steve’s movesets. We all thought it was never possible until he showed up and show us his moves. Anyway like I said, Sakurai literally spoiled us about Sephiroth being a final boss of Final Fnatasy 7 and showed his stage which it’s a final base of Final Fantasy 7. It shows like a gameplay before the final boss. So anyway I don’t really mind if Monika made it in next as a Mii costume or we’ll get DDLC spirit event. I’ll be so ready. I can still wait for Smash 6 next time for her being an actual full fighter.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I actually made some movesets for her in Smash with objects she can used based on other Dokis‘s literature activities and original game: Pen Jab, Knife Stab, Ink Puddle, Poem Throw, Cupcakes, Glitch Teleportation as a recovery and Rope Grab. Final Smash will just be Just Monika where she’ll delete you with an instant KO. They sound so unique like Steve’s movesets. We all thought it was never possible until he showed up and show us his moves. Anyway like I said, Sakurai literally spoiled us about Sephiroth being a final boss of Final Fnatasy 7 and showed his stage which it’s a final base of Final Fantasy 7. It shows like a gameplay before the final boss. So anyway I don’t really mind if Monika made it in next as a Mii costume or we’ll get DDLC spirit event. I’ll be so ready. I can still wait for Smash 6 next time for her being an actual full fighter.
I feel like Sakurai's stance on spoilers is... inconsistent, but I generally believe that he would be more cautious if it's a visual novel where the story is the gameplay. Who knows though, honestly...

I do kind of like the idea of a Final Smash where Monika's sprite just pops up and chatises the player for expecting her to spoil her game, a la the dialogue she has as part of DDLC's anti-cheat.

I think we'd be lucky to get any DDLC content this time around; I'd be more then thrilled by a spirit or costume at this point, especially if the costume came with "Your Reality" or "My Song, Your Note" remixes.

amageish

Smash Master
Dan did another interview, this time with Zion from NintendoLife. He had this comment about seeing Nintendo promote the game.

Most of the communication with Nintendo was done by Serenity Forge, and so they’ve had a lot more experience with Nintendo than I have, although I’ve heard that they’ve worked with some people at Nintendo who are fans of the game. So just hearing that detail was pretty surreal in itself, I think largely because what I often experience with DDLC is that I’m caught by so much surprise by the breadth of reach the types of fans the game seems to bring in.

For instance, I got an email a couple of years ago from Jason Hayes, who was the composer of the World of Warcraft soundtrack, and he just emailed me to tell me he liked the game, and that’s like at the polar opposite end of the games industry! So these things come up, and it just wows me every time. There are these people that are so far removed from my own indie circle of the games industry.

On the one hand, it feels like DDLC has been around for so long at this point, or rather it’s been such a huge part of my life that it almost feels like just some entity out there. So sometimes when I sit down and remind myself of what this is, the fact that I made it and it has this visibility like Nintendo for example tweeting about it—once I sit down with a moment of mindfulness, that’s when I really feel the emotions surrounding it, and I can tell myself how amazing it is that I’ve made it to this point.

I’ve never wanted to find an “I’ve made it” moment, because that’s so dependent on everyone’s individual definition for success. What matters to me are the personal experiences that have meaning to me, and being a lifelong Nintendo fan and seeing my game get that sort of recognition was easily one of the most meaningful things to happen so far in my gaming career.
Very nice perspective. Dan continues to seem like a very great guy.

Additionally, as discussed in several threads today, GameStop revealed the Top 10 Most-Preordered Switch Games over the summer and it is as follows:

1. Metroid Dread
2. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl Double Pack
3. Mario Party Superstars
4. Pokemon Legends: Arceus
5. Shin Megami Tensei V
6. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond
7. WarioWare: Get It Together!
8. Doki Doki Literature Club Plus
9. Sonic Colors: Ultimate
10. Advance Wars 1 + 2 Re-Boot Camp

DDLC+ is rocking a solid 8th place! It sold 500,000 copies digitally; I'm guessing its physical launch this September will push it to 1,000,000...

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Dan did another interview, this time with Zion from NintendoLife. He had this comment about seeing Nintendo promote the game.

Very nice perspective. Dan continues to seem like a very great guy.

Additionally, as discussed in several threads today, GameStop revealed the Top 10 Most-Preordered Switch Games over the summer and it is as follows:

1. Metroid Dread
2. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl Double Pack
3. Mario Party Superstars
4. Pokemon Legends: Arceus
5. Shin Megami Tensei V
6. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond
7. WarioWare: Get It Together!
8. Doki Doki Literature Club Plus
9. Sonic Colors: Ultimate
10. Advance Wars 1 + 2 Re-Boot Camp

DDLC+ is rocking a solid 8th place! It sold 500,000 copies digitally; I'm guessing its physical launch this September will push it to 1,000,000...
That’s truly millionth-time amazing! I just really love how different companies improve each other’s communities for love and support. You know how much we all glad to all be part of each gaming communities despite our experiences. Also interesting about your experience on DDLC. I can tell that the game gave so much impact on anyone who experienced DDLC. I guess it’s either they’re fans of Anime or “weebs” (Please no). I rather be part of the community where we just admired. I can’t wait to see what unfolds in the future for Dan Salvato and DDLC community. He may not continue the DDLC series but maybe he’ll consider the sequel. Probably with new characters and new stories but there should be a brand new unexpected twist like Monika returns because even know she’s deleted, she’s still out there in her reality. We just can’t see her but hear her voice about sending you a song after the end of the Literature Club. I would love the DDLC series continuing on if the community and popularity keeps on growing but it’s mainly up to Dan Salvato to make it a better place if that makes sense. Anyway I really hope Dan, his team, Serenity Forge and Nintendo will have a fantastic relationship and maybe if Dan ever consider having DDLC content in Smash well it‘s mainly Nintendo and Sakurai’s choice but could also be his choice but not as a full fighter. For him considering, he can give Nintendo DDLC transparent PNG images if they asked him or he can ask Sakurai to make Monika Mii costume and Dan can rearrange one of DDLC musics which will fit for Monika Mii or just send him a regular music. All we have to do is to show lot of support, keep the community growing and the more we do, the merrier.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's apparently coming out this October. Just in time for Halloween in Japan!
That's perfect then! :pumpkin:

That being said, I'm tempted to get the Switch and PS4 releases, though if I go physical I'd rather go for the Switch one for that.

Oh, also I wonder if anything will come about of the
Third Eye stuff.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
That's perfect then! :pumpkin:

That being said, I'm tempted to get the Switch and PS4 releases, though if I go physical I'd rather go for the Switch one for that.

Oh, also I wonder if anything will come about of the
Third Eye stuff.
Yeah, it's being done by Playism in Japan, like a lot of western indies and VNs have been (ex/ 2064: Read Only Memories an VA-11 HALLA). Coming out in October over there, which is thematic timing to say the least.

I have gotten it on PS5 and will also be getting it on Switch... I buy indie games multiple times quite often and this is no exception...

There is new metanarrative content, yes.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As far as building up a campaign for her goes, would the first step be to talk to Dan Salvato himself? He has been involved with the Melee community before.

Yeah, it's being done by Playism in Japan, like a lot of western indies and VNs have been (ex/ 2064: Read Only Memories an VA-11 HALLA). Coming out in October over there, which is thematic timing to say the least.

I have gotten it on PS5 and will also be getting it on Switch... I buy indie games multiple times quite often and this is no exception...

There is new metanarrative content, yes.
That's good to know, I'm not sure of any site that keeps up with the latest findings/news for that. What's clear is that Dan will work on new games.

I feel like Sakurai's stance on spoilers is... inconsistent, but I generally believe that he would be more cautious if it's a visual novel where the story is the gameplay. Who knows though, honestly...
Honestly, it would be hilarious to see him spill his spaghetti depending on how much Monika's moveset would make it impossible not to spoil anything about the game. At the end of the day, context is what matters the most, so it's not exactly too spoilery depending on how much you talk about.

Or better yet, just have Dan Salvato get the honor of making the presentation itself with DDLC assets and game footage sent to him, with Monika using double-speak for the majority of the time.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
As far as building up a campaign for her goes, would the first step be to talk to Dan Salvato himself? He has been involved with the Melee community before.
I'm sure he's aware people like the idea and I'm sure he'd support it. At this current moment though, I think it's more just hoping that someone in the right place cares about the game enough to get it spirits or a costume - NoA obviously has a vested interest in it given the promotion they gave it (including it being on the big upcoming games list post-E3 like the big third-parties got), but I'm unsure if that passion is met with NoJ...

That's good to know, I'm not sure of any site that keeps up with the latest findings/news for that. What's clear is that Dan will work on new games.
I'm glad! I know this was originally a side-project for him and not intentionally a career-defining thing, so I hope he gets to explore a variety of new genres/mediums for storytelling after this.

Honestly, it would be hilarious to see him spill his spaghetti depending on how much Monika's moveset would make it impossible not to spoil anything about the game. At the end of the day, context is what matters the most, so it's not exactly too spoilery depending on how much you talk about.

Or better yet, just have Dan Salvato get the honor of making the presentation itself with DDLC assets and game footage sent to him, with Monika using double-speak for the majority of the time.
Lol, very true. Dan's proposal for Monika's Final Smash that I was replying to there was an interesting cheeky one, as it would have her addressing the audience (referencing the spoiler-things) to say that she isn't going to spoil things... So, she'd spoil things by expressing a disinterest in spoilers lol.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Helloooooooo! Anyway hey guys, just here to send one of the “What if this character was in smash” episodes and we got 772 requests to this YouTuber, BrawlFan1 about Monika in Smash. Check it out. I’m sure you guys will enjoy it and it’ll be interestingly fun. https://youtu.be/Zc2xtuDxTeI

Last edited:

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, just dropping by to hope everyone will enjoy tomorrow’s Nintendo Direct and excited for the final DLC fighter if it’ll be there and other games too like hopefully Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3 info, new Donkey Kong, Kirby, Mario games. Remember, it never matters whether you feel disappointed or not, all that matters that it’s definitely all worth waiting for anything we either hope for or never ask for it. All that matters is just at least give them a shot and go with it in some ways.

amageish

Smash Master
Hey everyone, just dropping by to hope everyone will enjoy tomorrow’s Nintendo Direct and excited for the final DLC fighter if it’ll be there and other games too like hopefully Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3 info, new Donkey Kong, Kirby, Mario games. Remember, it never matters whether you feel disappointed or not, all that matters that it’s definitely all worth waiting for anything we either hope for or never ask for it. All that matters is just at least give them a shot and go with it in some ways.
Thanks Seb! It's been a fun time and I am looking forward to the Direct overall - honestly, I'm more excited for non-Smash things then I am Smash things in a lot of ways...

I don't know what'll happen if the Direct reveals the final fighter, but I assume all Newcomer Support threads will get shut down at some point... But, hey, it's been fun, everyone!

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I don’t know much about tending on Twitter I guess because I no longer own Twitter since 2020 but I’m just really curious about someone tweeted this about those recent trending with Monika and Sakurai. I did check latest trending with Mario and the cast for the Super Mario Bros. Movie so I see but this was before the Direct. I would understand if it’s a coincidence or something but thoughts anyone?
CD66C257-933C-452A-BA4E-6EA6B36D63CC.jpeg

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Hey, I don’t know much about tending on Twitter I guess because I no longer own Twitter since 2020 but I’m just really curious about someone tweeted this about those recent trending with Monika and Sakurai. I did check latest trending with Mario and the cast for the Super Mario Bros. Movie so I see but this was before the Direct. Thoughts anyone?View attachment 331540
Hmm...makes you wonder, though: did Sakurai say something about DDLC recently? Did Dan Salvato bring something up about Smash recently? I'm curious right now...

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...makes you wonder, though: did Sakurai say something about DDLC recently? Did Dan Salvato bring something up about Smash recently? I'm curious right now...
That’s actually my question lol but you know Nintendo and Sakurai. They always kept secrets from us at all cost until it shows right in our faces when it’s time.

amageish

Smash Master
I think Monika's trending was a holdover from the previous day, which was Monika's birthday!

I'm sure some people were jokingly suggesting she would/should be revealed for Smash on her birthday, but the trending was largely a coincidence.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
I think Monika's trending was a holdover from the previous day, which was Monika's birthday!

I'm sure some people were jokingly suggesting she would/should be revealed for Smash on her birthday, but the trending was largely a coincidence.
Oh. Yeah I know about DDLC‘s 4th anniversary but I didn’t really celebrate it because I’m not that much fan of DDLC but I can celebrate it next year for 5th anniversary to be perfect lol

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, so the final Sakurai presentation is coming closer so I just want to say before this thread might be shut down at least temporarily until maybe next Smash game, it has been 3 years on the longest road of hype, overjoy, longtime ecstasy and sometimes underwhelming but that’s ok and I want to say, we all hope which ever video game character join next, we all hope it’s all worth ending Smash Ultimate for good. There’re bunch of rumours about the last DLC fighter will be Sora but nothing is set in stone yet. It all just came from 4chan leak which I usually ignore them because they’re just speculations and sometimes waste of time but I would actually be amazed if Sora ever joins Smash because I did acknowledge Kingdom Hearts and I think it’s an wonderful video game series about war of light and darkness with Disney heroes and villains crossing over. It may break an actual Sakurai rule about adding Mickey, Goofy and Donald in Smash as cameos, Final Smashes or Spirits because they’re 4th parties (non-video game characters) but it would still make sense for them to join in to make it Kingdom Hearts-y in Smash at least still as video game characters because that Mickey, Donald and Goofy have different roles, different personalities and different outfits like Mickey is a king who runs the magical kingdom and also an ally and Donald and Goofy are like knights and allies as well. I will be mind blown if Sora ever makes it so I really hope so and also hope Monika can still join as a Mii costume.

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
On one hand, I would take a literal trashcan in smash if it meant getting LGBT rep a DDLC rep in Smash. So yes, mark me down as a supporter for this idea.

On the other hand, I'm kind of a selfish ***** and would want the entire Doki Doki Literature Club incorporated into one character either via the Alph-Koopaling method, the Echo Fighter method, or the Pyra/Mythra method.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I already had thoughts about how Monika in Smash would go with it's own startup scenario

Monika does a Strong Bad and deletes the whole game, kicking you back to the title screen where it's now Super Monika. Only mode, spectate. Only Stage, a custom one named "Our Reality". Characters, just Monika.

But as soon as the "Match" starts she sits down and talks directly to the screen. Then part way through, Kirby's warp Star crashes right on top of her.

Monkia tries to delete Kirby but can't so then the match proper starts with you as Monkia vs CPU Kirby. But Kirby keeps coming no matter how hard you try. To "win" you need to lose.
Basically a reverse Sans.
A "snaS" if you will

amageish

Smash Master
Hey everyone, so the final Sakurai presentation is coming closer so I just want to say before this thread might be shut down at least temporarily until maybe next Smash game, it has been 3 years on the longest road of hype, overjoy, longtime ecstasy and sometimes underwhelming but that’s ok and I want to say, we all hope which ever video game character join next, we all hope it’s all worth ending Smash Ultimate for good. There’re bunch of rumours about the last DLC fighter will be Sora but nothing is set in stone yet. It all just came from 4chan leak which I usually ignore them because they’re just speculations and sometimes waste of time but I would actually be amazed if Sora ever joins Smash because I did acknowledge Kingdom Hearts and I think it’s an wonderful video game series about war of light and darkness with Disney heroes and villains crossing over. It may break an actual Sakurai rule about adding Mickey, Goofy and Donald in Smash as cameos, Final Smashes or Spirits because they’re 4th parties (non-video game characters) but it would still make sense for them to join in to make it Kingdom Hearts-y in Smash at least still as video game characters because that Mickey, Donald and Goofy have different roles, different personalities and different outfits like Mickey is a king who runs the magical kingdom and also an ally and Donald and Goofy are like knights and allies as well. I will be mind blown if Sora ever makes it so I really hope so and also hope Monika can still join as a Mii costume.
Thanks for the check-in, Seb! I imagine/hope the mods will leave the support threads active at least for a couple of days after the presentation tomorrow, but I also understand that moderating a potentially-salt-filled community would/will be a stressful experience and so get if they just lock a lot of stuff down.

As for the Sora rumours, I'm honestly not especially confidant in them, but it'd be neat if it happened! Kingdom Hearts is a big franchise and it'd be an exciting end to the pass.

Monika as a Mii Costume would also be super hype. I don't know how likely it is to work out, but we'll see what happens tomorrow!

On one hand, I would take a literal trashcan in smash if it meant getting LGBT rep a DDLC rep in Smash. So yes, mark me down as a supporter for this idea.

On the other hand, I'm kind of a selfish ***** and would want the entire Doki Doki Literature Club incorporated into one character either via the Alph-Koopaling method, the Echo Fighter method, or the Pyra/Mythra method.
You have been added to the support list! Welcome to our literature club~!

I totally get wanting it to not be just Monika; I think it'd really depend on what moveset they gave them... I have also seen some DDLC pitches that make the character be Sayori/Yuri/Natsuki with Monika as the Pokemon trainer, as a refeence to how she's the NPC tutorial character in the original game - a neat idea as well, I think...

I already had thoughts about how Monika in Smash would go with it's own startup scenario

Monika does a Strong Bad and deletes the whole game, kicking you back to the title screen where it's now Super Monika. Only mode, spectate. Only Stage, a custom one named "Our Reality". Characters, just Monika.

But as soon as the "Match" starts she sits down and talks directly to the screen. Then part way through, Kirby's warp Star crashes right on top of her.

Monkia tries to delete Kirby but can't so then the match proper starts with you as Monkia vs CPU Kirby. But Kirby keeps coming no matter how hard you try. To "win" you need to lose.
Basically a reverse Sans.
A "snaS" if you will
That would all be very funny haha. I like this Monika in Smash pitch...

If she does get a Mii Costume, I kind of hope they'll have a unique glitch transition to showing it off, as if someone hacked her costume into the Mii Costume trailer.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
SORA!!!!!! Woooooooo!!!! He made it! Perfectly worth ending Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! No Monika and other most wanted characters though. Oh well. Next time.

Anyway here are my last reactions/thoughts about this;
I completely lost my mind as soon the Keyblade appeared from the flames that Mario of course is capable with those type of powers then everything else was truly amazing. We all knew this day will come. We all knew it’s too good to be true to be 50/50 chance of grain of salt but as soon as the Keyblade unlocks the final DLC fighter, this is where everything ends. I am completely amazed because I do hope for him ever since but not as a top character I need as I want Shantae but we already got her which I’m still super happy. I did had a chance experiencing Kingdom Hearts. Not the whole gameplay of every games but I did with Kingdom Hearts 3 and I think it’s the most amazing game ever. All I can say is, this is all truly worth it. Truly worth ending Smash Ultimate with him. Welcome to Super Smash Bros., Sora. You’re the last key to end it all. Goodbye Masahiro Sakurai. Thank you so much for everything you have giving us for 3 years. It has been a very long run full of hype, hopes and keys to unlock more fighters until the bitter end. Enjoy your long vacation or good luck try to find something new to develop any video games and hope we’ll see you in Smash 6.
6FFD973D-46E2-4C56-AAF9-A83B67829284.jpeg

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
SORA!!!!!! Woooooooo!!!! He made it! Perfectly worth ending Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! No Monika and other most wanted characters though. Oh well. Next time.

Anyway here are my last reactions/thoughts about this;
I completely lost my mind as soon the Keyblade appeared from the flames that Mario of course is capable with those type of powers then everything else was truly amazing. We all knew this day will come. We all knew it’s too good to be true to be 50/50 chance of grain of salt but as soon as the Keyblade unlocks the final DLC fighter, this is where everything ends. I am completely amazed because I do hope for him ever since but not as a top character I need as I want Shantae but we already got her which I’m still super happy. I did had a chance experiencing Kingdom Hearts. Not the whole gameplay of every games but I did with Kingdom Hearts 3 and I think it’s the most amazing game ever. All I can say is, this is all truly worth it. Truly worth ending Smash Ultimate with him. Welcome to Super Smash Bros., Sora. You’re the last key to end it all. Goodbye Masahiro Sakurai. Thank you so much for everything you have giving us for 3 years. It has been a very long run full of hype, hopes and keys to unlock more fighters until the bitter end. Enjoy your long vacation or good luck try to find something new to develop any video games and hope we’ll see you in Smash 6.
Glad you enjoyed the reveal! It was a very good choice for the final reveal and the trailer was excellently crafted. I'm excited to get my hands on Sora in a couple weeks and am excited for whatever project Sakurai takes on next - knowing him, I'm guessing it'll be something unique and experimental that gets a mixed reception on launch, but is considered one of the best Nintendo games (assuming it is done with Nintendo) only a few short years later...

Here's Dan's tweet on the matter of Smash ending:

It's been one heck of a ride.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Glad you enjoyed the reveal! It was a very good choice for the final reveal and the trailer was excellently crafted. I'm excited to get my hands on Sora in a couple weeks and am excited for whatever project Sakurai takes on next - knowing him, I'm guessing it'll be something unique and experimental that gets a mixed reception on launch, but is considered one of the best Nintendo games (assuming it is done with Nintendo) only a few short years later...

Here's Dan's tweet on the matter of Smash ending:

It's been one heck of a ride.
It was. What an huge honour for everybody. Nothing much else to say. I guess we may have to just wait for another few years for next Smash instalment if there’ll be one next time before Sakurai’s retirement. There’re still rest of other most wanted characters to join but now, they did in different forms and Sakurai did let us make them optional to be fighters. He did say they’ll still be playable for this game. I just think Smash 6 should be the true final Smash game to get the rest of other most wanted characters to join before the true end but if Sakurai wants to move on, he can but he didn’t really give us like any final goodbyes. It was like an usual goodbye like back in Smash 4 final presentation but he does mark the end of music arrangements for Smash Ultimate so what he’s saying that there’ll be no more musics especially bonus tracks for Smash Ultimate. He already revealed the full summary about everything in Smash. No more new spirits and spirit events as well. We may get the final one before Sora releases but who knows. He also did say if the Smash series continues moving forward, we may not get all those fighters from this game together again so meaning some fighters may have to go and some will stay if they’re probably most important in order to open more doors for the rest of other most wanted characters. Nonetheless, I’m going to miss you guys if this thread ever shuts down. The ”true“ fans (not the toxic and negative ones), the community and everything else but the Smash series will never die. Love you all being in this community in the positive way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom