• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fight to the Ed. The Ed Edd and Eddy support thread

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
1MUshUmFinUe4LCZJS6gZAQ.jpg

This is the support thread regarding Ed Edd and Eddy for Multiversus.

Who are Ed Edd and Eddy?
Ed, Edd, and Eddy are the main characters of Cartoon Network's Ed, Edd n Eddy. The three share a variation of the name "Ed" but have different personalities. Ed, the comic loving one who is incredibly strong yet not the smartest. Edd, the smartest, neatest Ed but also annoying via morals. Eddy, the smallest Ed who thinks of crazy scams for money. The three share one common goal, to obtain a Jawbreaker. Their scams usually end in failure, whether it be from one of the other neighborhood kids, or from their own incompetence. The show takes place in a town called Peach Creek, which is notable for its Cul-de-Sac, where the majority of the characters live.

The show Ed, Edd n Eddy aired from 1999 to 2009, ending with Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show. Apart from the movie, the show has 130 episodes spread across 6 seasons, and 4 specials. 3 are holiday themed while the last was part of Cartoon Network Invaded, which also incorporated 4 other shows in a multi-show event.

What could the Eds bring to Multiversus?
The way the Eds would work is as a trio, similar to Pokémon Trainer in that one move would swap between Eds. The order would go Ed, Edd, then Eddy. Like the Trainer, losing a stock would automatically swap out to the next Ed in sequence.

Ed would function as a close range heavyweight. He can headbutt, dig holes, and summon chickens that he chases for damage.

Edd would use technology to create traps and have a wide variety of projectiles. These include the Jawbreaker Satellite, the Newspaper Shooter, and the Grappling Hook Gun. At close range he has his trusty ruler and a small amount of wrestling moves.

Eddy would be about speed. He doesn't have many strong attacks, but he can quickly rack up damage. He carries a Yo-Yo for close range, a Canadian Squirt Gun for quick attacks similar to Falco's Laser, and a smaller version of the El Mongo Stink Bomb that functions like Link's Bombs.

Alternate Costumes
The show had the Eds dress in a variety of outfits. Some that could be used for Multiversus include the Professor Scam outfit (with Ed and Edd as the Cents), their Halloween costumes from Ed, Edd n Eddy's Boo Haw Haw, and the formal outfits from May I Have This Ed?.

Stage
The Cul-de-Sac serves as the Ed's home stage. It is a completely flat stage with the other neighborhood kids occasionally getting in the way and creating stage hazards. The strongest hazards are Kevin riding his bike and the Kanker Sisters attempting to grab fighters.

Overall, the Eds could provide a 3 in 1 fighter for Multiversus, with each Ed covering potential weaknesses of the other Eds.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
If there was one Cartoon Network show that deserves to be in Multiversus, it would have to be Ed, Edd, & Eddy! The series is just too iconic to be left out! I am also in favor of the idea of the Ed Boys being swap out characters! I support!!!

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Ed Edd n Eddy is my favorite cartoon of all time. I loved it as a kid and I love it as an adult. I'm 21 and still get cracked up by this show.

I was wondering how they would work and having them be swapped out instead of fighting at once like a Ice Climber trio sounds more practical and way less of a nightmare to manage and balance.

I support the Ed boys. If we couldn't get them in Punch Time Explosion then we should get them in MultiVersus. The show did last for 10 years and even got a finale movie, which is not something that a lot of CNN shows can say they get.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Some art of the Eds I found on Twitter. Jawbreakers need to be involved, whether it be moveset wise or part of the victory animation.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
This is not just related to the Eds but character wishing in general, but just because multiple characters have good chemistry in their source material doesn't mean they're suited for an Ice Climbers-style moveset. Making the Eds a group character would be a disservice and would prefer them separate, either only one of the Eds or all three. :yoshi:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This is not just related to the Eds but character wishing in general, but just because multiple characters have good chemistry in their source material doesn't mean they're suited for an Ice Climbers-style moveset. Making the Eds a group character would be a disservice and would prefer them separate, either only one of the Eds or all three. :yoshi:
Yeah that’s kinda more why I’ve opted for more solo character picks instead of lumping them all together in either :ulticeclimbers: or :ultpokemontrainer: style. It can work in some instances but it shouldn’t be used for every main character pair/group

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, especially in a case like the Eds where it's so easy to make all three stand on their own.

Ed would play like a heavyweight with, more than likely, quite a bit of super armor. Double D would likely be a more tech based character using various gizmos he's made throughout the show, but also being an extreme lightweight who can't take hits well. Eddy, then, would be the schemer among them, being slippery and speedy, and having a sort of Scam meter mechanic, where pulling certain things off would allow him to build up a stockpile of quarters to buy jawbreakers, which could have valuable effects.

The Eds aren't really like other potential pairs or trios which arguably could do the same things. All three of them are super different from one another.

Top Bottom