• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fight The Knight...Excalibur Sonic For Mii Costume Support Thread!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So, who is Excalibur Sonic?
1601911132761.png

Excalibur Sonic is the form Sonic takes in the final boss fight of Sonic and The Black Knight. Sonic and the Black Knight is a spinoff game, the second and final entry in a Wii exclusive, motion controlled series where Sonic was transported into literature. If that sounds like a dumpster fire...well, that's because it sort of was. The games got pretty bad reviews and even though Black Knight has been given more praise among retrospection, the motion controls are still pretty bad and the story, while charming, is all over the place. But underneath all of that is some stellar presentation, one of the best soundtracks in the series, and the coolest looking Sonic transformation to date.
Will he be a fighter? No, of course not. But will he be a costume for Mii Swordfighter? That, on the other hand, is much more possible. He would fit right in, and Sonic's already about the size of a Mii anyways. There are some great tracks from Black Knight such as Fight the Knight, Live Life, Knight of the Wind, a great remix of It Doesn't Matter, Misty Lake, Titanic Fortress, King Arthur's boss fight-so many tracks to choose from to bring with this costume. So is he likely?
Well, Link got a Mii costume in Fighter's Pass 2 with his Guardian armor from Breath of the Wild, so that means we can just have a version of a character with different clothes/armor as Mii costume DLC. Not only that, but before a few months ago, Excalibur Sonic hadn't appeared in a game since Black Knight. Now though, he has made a playable guest appearance in the mobile game Sonic Forces Speed Battle, bringing him to relevancy once again. So of all the Sonic characters to get a Mii Costume DLC, he might be the most likely. It doesn't have to happen with this game-but if a Sonic character gets in Fighter's Pass 2 that will increase his chances to either appear alongside them or in Smash 6, base game or otherwise.
Janx_uwu
yknowlikenia
Blankiturayman

Last edited:

yknowlikenia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5495 6606 4304
I'm late to this thread, but with the love that Excalibur Sonic has seen recently in Speed Battle, I can actually see something like this happening. At worst, I would love to see him as some kind of Spirit battle (metal Sonic with killing edge, maybe?).

...What the heck, you've got my support. I'd love to see the storybook games get some good representation in Smash.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm late to this thread, but with the love that Excalibur Sonic has seen recently in Speed Battle, I can actually see something like this happening. At worst, I would love to see him as some kind of Spirit battle (metal Sonic with killing edge, maybe?).

...What the heck, you've got my support. I'd love to see the storybook games get some good representation in Smash.
Me too. The quality of the gameplay itself is largely debatable, but they don't get nearly enough credit for presentation and sound design. Edited the supporters list!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hey all, minor update here. Sir Lancelot was just added to Sonic Forces: Speed Battle, with Excalibur Sonic making a return alongside him. It makes me curious if they're willing the other characters like the Blacksmith, Percival, or Gwain.
And not necessarily an update, but it's related-J's Reviews just uploaded his Black Knight review. I just think it's a pretty great review and wanted to share it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom