• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fight Pitt 4: #FreeGimR #DuckThePolice

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Fight Pitt 4 Results
hosted by bearsfan092
streamed by VGBootcamp
Another tournament come and gone. I want to thank you all for coming to this absolutely huge tournament. With some blood, sweat, and tears, we managed to wrap it up in one day. A couple notable sacrifices were made. Thank you to the P:M players who put up with their event cancellation due to the circumstances, and thank you to Duck. May we follow his example and #DuckThePolice

Melee Doubles (46 teams)

1: Mango+M2K ($368)
2: Wenbo+Vist ($276)
3: GR+Abate ($184)
4: Abu+Hanky ($92)
5: Mach+Taki
5: Vanz+Husband
7: Nintendude+Duck
7: 4%+1der
9: JuggleGuy+KJH
9: TheLake+Naka
9: Vudu+Lyme
9: Stro+Cave Dweller
13: Laijinn+UltimaScout
13: S1+Caroll
13: Minnty+Dempt
13: Lonnie+swag
17: Dos Equis+PKBlaze
17: Flip+Pat
17: Z Axis+Slarti
17: BossHog+Ambix
17: Gravy+Cactuar
17: Cyoonit+yaboi
17: Asylum+Jank
17: Mordicon+htj
25: CoffeeMug+Ders
25: Sil+Freeze
25: Ahab+r2d10
25: Wife+Silence
25: FinalForm+KrazyKnux
25: MattDamon69+VI
25: Jbro+M@v
25: RQY$+Fez$
33: jip+wiggles
33: Rhakimdar+Waflez
33: Boondock+Lawnchair
33: Keer+Buford
33: Wormwood+Dog Guy
33: Turkelton+Spud
33: SWED+Graphite
33: Cash+Boonie
33: NinjaWaffles+Stork
33: PumpkinButter+9Volt
33: DTBG+Beers
33: SabreX+BHawksFan01
49: Dr. J+Chocolate Thunder
49: KingSora+Tim

Melee Singles (174 Entrants, 64 man bracket)
1: Mango ($696)
2: M2K ($348)
3: Duckk ($261)
4: vanz ($174)
5: Nintendude ($87)
5: Cactuar ($87)
7: gravy ($44)
7: Wenbo ($44)
9: Hanky
9: Abate
9: 4%%
9: Vist
13: Vudujin
13: Abuu
13: Wife
13: silentswag
17: SonuvaBeach
17: kjh
17: caroll
17: Nakamaru
17: Asylum
17: Taki
17: tm
17: Husband
25: Lock
25: mach
25: Cave Dweller
25: Dempt
25: Green Ranger
25: KrazyKnux
25: Maskk
25: minty
33: 1der
33: BOrp
33: Ultima
33: Juggleguy
33: Stro
33: Ambix
33: Johnin60seconds
33: Shuffla
33: nikolai
33: S1
33: lake
33: H masta j
33: dust
33: Nightroo
33: Logan
33: Pat
49: silence
49: Pyro
49: Dr. Hu
49: Freezee
49: Jmoan
49: SWED
49: the lyme
49: mordicon
49: mexico629
49: ShroudedOne
49: Keer
49: NotthatDonn
49: ZAxis
49: Laijin
49: raimundo
49: Dos Equiss

Overall list of Melee entrants

M@V
Beanwolf
VI
Dos Equis
Boondock
SabreX
BHawksFan01
Logan
The Jets
Dempt
CocoThunder
Syko
Wake
Pyro
Tweed
S1
Carroll
Yung ****
M2K
Vanz
Husband
Klubbin
Gengis Khan
Mew
Dorf
Torok
Satirizer
Waka
Yugo
Captain Ahab
r2d10
Freeze
Sil
Slarti
Stro
Cave Dweller
Mach
Kofi
Stiles P
Jbro
Lyme
Vudu
Goggles
Eggs
Dr. Xtreme
Cloud
Wormwood
Dog Guy
Sweetfox
SWED
Church
Puppet Master
Life
GR
Abate
Mask
Dust
NotThatDon
BloodyJoker
SonuvaBeech (Tremor)
Nintendude
Duck
Bliu
Ders
Jarvis
Keer
Buford
Baps
Freky
Navi
Boss Hog
Ambix
Juggleguy
KJH
SpaceHunter
Lonnie
silentswag
Flip
Pat
CoffeeMug
Fsmash
Ramcho
Kaio Ken Kid
Horse
Z Axis
BAIRD
Dr. J
Chocolate Thunder
Nikolai
Tyrion
DTBG
Mexico629
Doug J.
Lady
Abu
Cyoonit
yaboi
Borz
Barbarossa
Lars Blunderwurst
Shuffla
Garm
Buser
FinalForm
KrazyKnux
Rhakimdar
Waflez
Nifty
Asylum
Jank
Gravy
Cactuar
Nightro
RQY$
Fez$
tm
jip
wiggles
mr. magic
Wenbo
Vist
Lock
Laijinn
UltimaScout
KingRagu
LaSwan James
Dog
NinjaWaffles
Stork
Taki
TheLake
Naka
Hanky
PKBlaze
Dark
J123
Turkelton
Byped
PumpkinButter
9 Volt
Turtle
Wife
Silence
Johnin60Seconds
Minnty
4%
Mango
Gohan
Etwas
Radish

Brackets
Melee Singles
Melee Doubles

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I was a bit disappointed in my pool performance this time around, though I know I improved since the last tourney I played.

Major props to bearsfan092, this was a difficult tourney to run, and I hope you keep running them.
Major props to Duck, for sacrificing himself for the good of the tournament. That's incredible sportsmanship, and I hope you get to see yourself in the finals again soon!

Other Props:
- Sil: You're a gentleman and a scholar. I'll MM you any time. Always a pleasure.
- Borp: **** you
- Torok: Thanks for letting me cut in to do commentary. I only planned on doing one game, but I couldn't find you :x.
- Beanwolf: Thanks for carrying me through commentary. It took me a few games to get used to it. Had a ton of fun! :)
- GIMR: Thanks for being a boss. You have the best run SSBM stream, not close.
- PGH Carroll: Dog **** commentary. Thanks for taking my money, asshole.
- Josh L: Thanks for talking to me! Let me know if you ever need a hand!
- Keer: Great to see you again, man!
- The Lake: I remember when I FIRST met you after the Tekko tourney in like...2007 or something. We had a close set in a Marth ditto. Since then, you've only gotten better, and I'm so happy to see you where you are. That keeps me believing that I can get there too if I work hard enough. Good ****!
- Naka: It was a pleasure doing commentary on your set against Wife. That could have gone either way. Always great talking to you. Let me know when smash happenings are happening!
- S1 The Dog: Glad to meet you. It was cool.
- PumpkinButter7: We both know I was way off my game in teams. My performance will be better next time.
- Juggleguy: I hope Red Shirt Guy pulls that double knee -> up B kill you had on me. That's the most hype combo I've ever had dumped on me.
- Freze: I'll get you next time. MM me?
- Everyone else in my pool: I know we had a few first timers, and I hope you had a blast! Let me know if you ever want to play! You were all cool guys!

To anyone else I missed, sorry, I was just really tired all day. Much <3 to everyone!

If you're still reading, then LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO GO TO MLG ANAHEIM! I really want to go and I would like to split hotel with some people.

Degree

Smash Apprentice
I really enjoyed watching the Youtube videos of this tournament. I don't know the circumstances behind it all, but M2K and Mango battling away while the event was being packed up around them just looked cool.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Thought this tourney was great despite some unfortunate things
Shoutouts to bearsfan for hosting, hope to see more of this series
Shoutouts to Vist for bopping people in teams
Shoutouts to Nakamaru for housing our car

mr.magik

Smash Cadet
Shout out to Bearsfan for the tourney. it was mad fun and had some big names out there plus the chipotle, i couldnt ask for more. i mean minus the audition for "Stomp the Yard 2 " that was happening upstairs the tourney was heaven.

My Crew (Josh/Sawyer/Brian) Car ride was hella fun, even though i got us lost going there and going back. I love going to events with you guys.

1der - you and 4% were doing work in doubles man. singles was a bit of a nightmare tho facing those Samuses

4% - dude, it was awesome actually getting a chance to hang out and kicked it with you. you are real chill and your game play is too solid. cant wait to see you again

Dog Guy- ohh man those pools matches were great. i completely forgot about our rematch tho. mybad. ill have to make a trip down to WV for a tourney to get that rematch

WormWood- next time we are at a tourney i will make sure me and YOU get put in a pools so we can battle it out. you and dog guy were great. it is always a pleasure hanging out with you guys

Vans- ohhhhhhh weeeeeee that first match i was free. then that second match i was able to trade that one stock with you, but i was completely free after that hahaha. you are way better than i thought you would be. it was amazing actually meeting you and even more amazing getting a chance to play you. keep up the work man. side note, sorry you and wife couldn't have your match on the stream, that was a bit messed up.

FinalForm- OHHHH man, you were the best match i had that whole day dude. it was so close. i think i am making you my official rival so i hope and pray i get the chance to play you again. good work

SilentSwag
- dude, you were too legit. it was fun hanging out with you. hopefully next time we meet we can all chill after the tournament where we wont be on time restraints

Borp- Dude, thanks for showing me and 1der around the town. i hope i see you at more tournaments because your play style was blowing my mind. next time i see you tho we have to play Bomberman 64. you are the only person i have met who played that game and actually got all the gold cards like me

Wife- Dude thanks for the picture. sorry you and Vans couldn't have your match on stream. it was a huge pleasure and surprise seeing you at the tournament. i hope to see you again!

Abate- Sup Abate, i tryed to calm down my excitement from last time so i just said hey. dont get use to it tho, i will be bugging the crap out of you at the next tournament

Yaboy/FLCL- Dude, you are still my favorite smasher i have ever met. although we didnt get to hang out as much as last time we did get a chance to get a match in before pools kicked us off. one of these days ill head down to C-Bus and we will have to hang out. keep doing your thing dude

Tremor/sonavabeech- it was nice meeting you dude, and thanks for trying to help out 1der too. next time i see you i will have to get a friendly out of ya

Ambix & Taki- dude, you guys were hilarious. i mean i always knew the Pitt crew is loud and energetic but you two were chill and amazing to hang out with even if it was only for 5 mins for a quick chain smoking break. next time i see you two guys i will have to get a friendly out of you guys.

Baps- Stomping the Yard 2, the STOMPING hahahahah dude you were hilarious. the last time i saw you was at Y-town and i am upset i didnt get the chance to meet you but it was great meeting you at pitt. cool friendly match as well.

klubbin-
DUDE, i cant believe you are near the Toledo area and we haven't played together yet! haha. but its all good, we will have to start playing together real soon and i can not wait for the tournament you are creating. remember if you need any help let me know, im ready to help you out. keep up the good work man

Vists & Vudujin. i got cold feet when it came to meeting you guys but watching you all play were amazing. you two, along with abate are heroes in my eyes.

To anyone else i missed, sorry ill see you next time

Life

Smash Hero
Thanks for the tournament bears. You did a fantastic job at a ludicrously-difficult task.

Shoutouts to my pool I guess.

Shoutouts to Wenbo's hat.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Also shoutouts to whoever seeded us to play M2K+Mango 2nd
Just wanted to let you know who da real number 2 seed was :lick:

M@v

Subarashii!
Wow....where to start. Not counting being a referee at APEX, this is the largest tournament I've ever been involved in hosting. I want to thank everyone who came out to the event and helped make this largest tournament in Pittsburgh history. I want to thank everyone that brought a setup too; we only got done remotely close to time because of the sheer amount of setups we had available. I also want to give my sincerest apologies to those who traveled for project m. There's no getting around the fact it was a ****ty situation where we had to cancel project m, especially since it had 100 entrants. I want to assure you guys we did all in our power to try to run the event, and only cancelled as our last resort. Once we decided to run pm as a single elim, we decided to start it after the first round of melee losers bracket. I created and seeded the PM bracket so the rest of the staff could focus on keeping melee pools on task. I also had a few players take a second look at my work to make sure there were no regional conflicts or mis-seedings from regions I wasn't as familiar with. It was ready to go in its single elimination format at around 8pm. However, even though the bracket was done, we realized there was still not going to be enough time to run it, so only then the call was made to cancel it. I really wanted PM to run because its my better game and I probably had a half-decent shot of placing in money or near the money. But Istill fully agreed with the cancellation because there was no other option. It didn't help we only had about 10 PM setups, and that despite it being a single elimination bracket, there were still roughly 100 entrants. Please forgive us...I know how much sucked. You can be assured we've learned from the mistakes.

Bears Fan- You know I'll always have your back. You did a great job running this event, and I'm honored and privileged to have run it alongside you.

M@V- Counting/sorting out prize money on the sidewalk outside the venue in the middle of the night for Melee GFs because the venue had kicked you out looked shady as ****, LOL.
Beanwolf- Thank you so much for being the setup nazi, really helped move things along. I'll try to get to the hope venue somepoint in the next few weeks to see how their internet is nowadays.
Logan- Nice one winning the Power rankings match
S1- ggs
Carroll- I play you every week, and I still lost to all the foxes except one. Obviously need to play your fox more.
M2K- I'm convinced your Marth on FD is the true final boss of melee, not masterhand.
Stro- Link is still a terrible character regardless how good you make him look :(
Mach- Yay McDonalds
Jbro-
Was fun teaming. Why do you use a tag as sheik though O_o
Vudu- Oh look a pgh Luigi
Abate- Oh look another pgh Luigi
Goggles- Lemme know about the Tekko/Hope stuff.
Life- Good seeing you again
GR- Will would be proud
Duck-
#Quack
Ambix- ggs...but I really wish you weren't in my pool ;(
Juggleguy- Really hope (no pun intended) you can come out to a new Hope...michigan has been holding it down with regular carpools to it. Glad you and Matt got things sorted out too.
Cactuar- Glad I got to play you here...played you a long time ago at penn state when I still a brawl only guy and got 4 stocked mercilessly. Happy I at least somewhat held my own this time around.
silentswag- good stuff
KrazyKnux- Glad to see WV here.
Wenbo-
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your Wenbos ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Taki-
I would post a shoutout, but you would probably just go Mario on it.
TheLake- I was the happiest when you 4 stocked Nintendude. I was the saddest when you lost the set.
Naka- good seein ya
Wife- I really wish I would of had the chance to properly introduce myself to you and talk about smash related stuff. Oh well, next time.
Johnin60Seconds
- Top tier gamer tag
Mango- Oh you.

Borp-
The man. The Myth. The legend. We successfully spread your message of triple spotdodge sheik to the masses. #gospelofBorp.
JMOAN- Was so happy to see you. Really wish PM would of happened and that we would of played later in the bracket :p
GIMR- Thanks for making the trip to stream. #freegimr #primantisat2am

Shoutouts to Chipotle
Shoutouts to Primantis
Shoutouts to quacking
Shoutouts to being up 16 hours to run a tourney in 1 day that mlg orlando took 3 days to run.

4% APR

Smash Champion
at first i thought i hated this guy......I like this guy

Last edited:

Groovy Green Hat

Smash Rookie
I wish I could have been there. A bit far away, I'm afraid.

Yo TM, solid bracket work there! My Luigi and I are still hoping for a rematch some day.
Wait... Brett didn't win the tournament? He was probably just too excited for 4/20.
Green Ranger, you'll always be my smash hero. Can't wait to watch some vids.

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
FLCL | Ya Boy here. This was my 3rd tournament, and it has held true to the pattern of every one being better than the last.

Mr. Magic - So glad to see you at this, man. We'll have to play more next time around, though! Won't be long now before we're household names…

Wife - Pleasure meeting you, and thanks for the tips on my 'old school' fox

M2k - Thanks for gentlemen agreeing to play our 2nd doubles match on 'the stage with the turtle"

Cyoonit - we made a good team and did better than anyone would have guessed, so props man! You're currently on the front page of reddit getting stage spiked by M2ks mewtwo, how does it feel?

Pyro - quit being so good with Roy. ****.

I definitely forgot to mention some people, mostly because I'm horrible with names :( But thanks to everyone who played with me! I treasure the time spent with you all.

Last edited:

Church NEOH

Worst Player in NEOH
tm - Good **** tm.

VaNz - Nice job taking 4th and had a ton of fun over friday/sat.

Slarti - Sorry about the pools thing man. Someone was getting ****ed in that situation. Sucks it was you. Thanks for driving and playing a ton of friendlies.

Dempt - Nice actually meeting you for the first time. You're a super chill dude and helped me out a lot in friendlies.

Naka - Hopefully we get more time to play YGO so I don't lose to first turn Yamato and Kaiser. Blegh.

PKBlaze - Sorry I didn't talk much in our pools match. I stay incredibly quiet while playing.

Coffeemug - We need to play more friendlies and get more Chipotle. Hmu when Kent is playing.

Ders - I'll be giving you more of a challenge REAL quick.

CocoThunder - Nice meeting you and chilling out fri/sat. More friendlies will come.

People in my pool - 9volt, Byped, Wembo, Borp, etc. - Had a super great time playing you guys (I was the scrub Doc.)

Fsmash Tony and Z-Axis - Super cool seeing you guys again.

S/O to all of PGH/NEOH

Biggest of shout outs to Bearsfan for hosting an amazing event.

TeamFsmash2013

Smash Rookie
Hey! Super fun tournament. Sad that it'll be my last NEOH/PGH tourney for a while but it was definitely a good one to go out to. <3

Natti/Soap/Cincinnati - Thanks for driving all of us to and from the tourney; you're a true homie.
Rey - Sorry you had to sit in the middle ;__; Popeye's is tooooo goooooood.
Jaiye - I've always heard great things about you as a player; it sucks I wasn't able to experience it.
Grinbuckets - You roll so deep bruh
Josh/Coffemug - You're always doing great things for the scene, man! Can't wait to see how the doc turns out.
Matt/bearsfan092 - You did a great job running everything; I don't think many of us could have been in that position!
Baby Jake - I WISH U WERE THERE IT SUCKED W/O YOU TBH
Bidwell/Dempt - Always a pleasure, Papa Dempt. Gon' miss you.
Jaden/VaNz - Nicest dude ever NA. You put in work this tournament! ALEXSTRASZAAA
Mango - Congrats, dude! Killin' it as always.
Carroll - I'm mad surprised I was even able to take stocks off of you...
Shane/S1 the God - Always da illest smash homie in the land. P.S. thnx 4 the burrito~
Mike Church - Thanks for showing me how much I've missed in YuGiOh by destroying me with the heart of the cards.
Duck - Every time I play a Samus in pools now, I get nightmares from the Sweet XIII pool...great job, though!
Abate - It's always awesome to watch you play! Thanks for taking the time for a friendly.
M2K - Thanks for the Marth ditto on FD; it was a righteous four-stock.
Borp - Nobody has ever made me so angry while playing them...take that as a compliment!
David the Bowser Guy - Your Bowser has come a long way since I've last played you! Keep it up.
Gravy - I honestly forgot how good you were until I asked your tag after we played. Now I don't feel so bad about losing to you.
GimR - Thanks for coming up and streaming our event! You do great work.
My pool - Sorry for countering so much lolololol
Chipotle - Thanks for satisfying my appetite, I didn't have breakfast that morning.

Freky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frekydelic
Fun tourney. Wish I could have stayed for a little longer, but my ride had to leave early... well until we got lost on PA highways. Seriously, what is it with PA highways being so hard?? :p

Aaaaanyways, shout-outs:

Everyone in my pool: I really enjoyed my pools sets this tournament with y'all. One of my favorite sets of matches I've played. If I had just gotten a couple more stocks when I should have, and not dropped so many edgeguards, I think I would've done a lot better.
Jaiye: Fun sets... except for game 3 when you went Falco. ;-;
Jbro: Good set. Don't let pools get you down dude; there's always next tournament.
bearsfan: For what you had, you did an amazing job. It's a shame to see you go, but I really enjoyed FP3/FP4, both of which are becoming probably two of my favorite tourneys.
Mango: For just being a general god, and fun set in pools. And noticing all I wear is red shirts. :p I'll change that soon.
S1: Continuing to be the homie.
Carroll: Likewise.
M2K: The KING of the flippers. Fun games as well. Also fun to play you in PM, something I don't normally play with many high-level players. Your mewtwo is pretty amazing.
GimR: I didn't really get to talk to you much there, but you are one of the best things that ever happened to this community, honest. You run very professsional streams, and honestly I think you're one of the big reasons Melee is becoming as big as it is. Keeping doing what you're doing; I'll always be behind you. Except when you get arrested. Can't help you much there. :D
Wife: Nice talking to you. I really enjoyed your book.
Green Ranger: For INSISTING my boy BAPS get on stream. You're a really cool dude and I love it when you come to tourneys.
Taki: Joke or not, I really enjoyed our Marth/Mario sets on stream, lol. We're 1-1 games now... game 3 at the next big event??
Juggleguy: For the siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick Falcon combo you got on my setup.
Wenbo: Good stuff, sailor!! Fun games. I really like your Fox.
Pat: <3
BAPS: Always will be the homie. Shout-outs to gas stations in the middle of nowhere. Shame we couldn't do doubles this time around, but life goes on.
Navi: Your set with M2K made my day. Good stuff in pools, too!
Hanky Panky: The king of break the targets!
Everyone else: I love everyone. This is the biggest event I've ever been to, and I really feel like I got better just by going. I hope to see all of you at the next big event!

Vist

Smash Champion
Kinda late but I just wanted to give some quick shout-outs:

Bearsfan- Thanks for hosting, man. It was nice meeting you and I think you did an amazing job hosting.
Lock / David- Thanks for driving and everything. I think all of us had an awesome time and a big part of it was thanks to you.
Nakamaru- Thanks for housing our car! I'm glad I finally got to meet you.
Wenbo- damn, that loser's bracket in TEAMS ~_~!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for teaming and being a beast.
Laijin- Ash Ketchum all, bro.
Abate & Vudu- Luigi homies 4 life
The Lake- Always good seeing you, man
Wife & Husband- Glad to see you guys there and beasting. I appreaciate you guys supporting me and Wenbo in teams, btw!

alright, I'm too lazy to do shout-outs for everyone and I'm afraid I'm going to miss some people.

GG's to everyone I played. I had so many close calls. I knew I'd have some tough matches considering a lot of the local smashers have some experience against Luigi, but damn lol.

Good times meeting so many people and seeing old faces. I hadn't been to Pittsburgh before this and I gotta say, it seems like a pretty legit place

Top Bottom