• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fight Pitt 3 Results - November 23, 2013

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
A huge thanks to everyone who came out to Fight Pitt 3 yesterday!

Matches will be uploaded to http://www.youtube.com/user/DjNicholasRAGE?feature=g-high-crv

Key stats:
  • ~$2000 in prize money
  • 1200 concurrent viewers
  • 95 entrants for Melee singles (bigger than Pound!)
Melee Singles
Bracket: http://imgur.com/3BNQShp
1: M2K ($660)
2: Mango ($330)
3: Naka ($110)
4: Taki
5: Pat
5: Vudujin
7: 4%
7: GR
9: Ambix
9: X
9: Wenbo
9: Vanz
13: Renth
13: Carroll
13: Hat Guy
13: Dkuo
17: Gunpunch
17: Shroudedone
17: Sweet
17: Laijinn
17: Stro
17: Skyson
17: S1
17: Lyme
25: Asylum
25: The Lake
25: Kitty
25: Kanye Rest
25: Kevin
25: Jbro
25: Mach
25: Logan
33: Donnie
33: Mordicon
33: Dees
33: Franco
33: Dirac
33: RQY
33: Derf
33: Nips
33: M@v
33: Baps
33: Jiffy
33: BaconDerpus
33: Bluerogue
33: Kiwi
33: ? Guy
33: TM

Melee Doubles:
Bracket: http://imgur.com/xcQcy7b
1: M2K +Vanz ($336)
2: 4% + X ($168)
3: Mango+Lauren ($56)
4: Wenbo+Lajinn
5: Swan Lake
5: Sweet Mama
7: Stro+Asylum
7: GR+Renth
9: Vudu+Lyme
9: Mach+Taki
9: (Tiopro sucks and corrupted the name here for some reason)
9: M@v+Gunpunch
13: Kitty+Pat
13: Kanye Rest+Nips
13: Logan+Gerald
13: Dr. Ballz
17: PGH | Housewife+ ShroudedOne
17: Papaya+Pineapple
17: Kao+Pow
17: Kiwi+Strawberry
17: Franco+Donnie
17: Aero+TR3
17: MikeyD+Jbro
17: DORF+NFTY
25: Freky+Bapsasaurus
25: Ben+Jonathan
25: Boom+Wiggles
25: B3+Jip

Brawl Singles:
Bracket: http://imgur.com/j999JuU
1: M2K ($72)
2: Bluerogue ($36)
3: FreeSam ($12)
4: SpaceThing
5: m@v
5: Lokii
7: Jiffy
7: Minimang
9: Smon
9: Goggles
9: Josh F.
9: Konrad QD

Project: M Singles:
Bracket: http://imgur.com/96wBr6m
1: M2K ($96)
2: BestRivenNA ($48)
3: Vudujin ($16)
4: Asylum
5: Sweet
5: Laijinn
7: SniperWolf
7: m@v
9: Aero
9: Toast
9: ShroudedOne
9: The Lake
13: Kanye Rest
13: Beanwolf
13: dog guy
13: Donnie
17: Coffeemug
17: Minimang
17: flahflahflah
17: James
17: Kerm
17: FourSwordKirby
17: Goggles
25: Brent
25: Radio Puff
25: Fermin
25: Malcolm X
25: Footbal
25: Caalen
25: Garrett
25: Xavier

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
holy **** what a tourney, mad props to everyone that came out! we had almost 100 ****ing people here!

shoutouts to my car: david, jaiye, anna, mundo, love you guys. to PGH obviously, i think the only member who didn't come out was abate so i got to see all the homies that i don't normally get to chill with like renth, vudu, lyme, ambix, GR, and of course, carol, taki, lake, naka, sweet, jbro, pat brady, stro, love all y'all. shoutouts to ohio goin deep, pat, kitty, 4%, X, gunpunch, skyson, coffeemug, malcolm x, big dees, stephen, and of course motha****in vanz. md/va you guys are cool (that includes you dkuo). and of course, derf, peter, cleveland #1, you guys are the best. and to aero's crew, i love y'all

oh i forgot

SHOUTOUT TO S1 THA GOD AKA THE BULLETPROOF MOTHA****A AKA HHH FAMOUS SHANE AKA SUCK THAT **** SHANE

<3

M@v

Subarashii!
Surprise Regionals are best Regionals.

-Hyped I made it out of melee pools with a 5-2 record
-Hyped I got 9th in melee teams with someone I've never teamed with before
-Happy we had Mav vs blue rogue for the 1000000000th time in brawl
-Wish I would of did better in P:M, but at least I got top 10 I suppose lol.

I can't express how great yesterday was. It was amazing seeing everyone again in Pittsburgh, and the tournament was great. 95 entrants? Blew my damn mind. It also felt great getting back into TO mode again and helping out however I could yesterday. I deeply miss this community, and it meant a lot seeing everyone again and having a great time.

Individual shoutouts later!

DTR

Smash Journeyman
This is Pat. I still dont have a smashboards acct so im posting on my brothers ancient one lol

Naka - good **** naka. im sad we didnt get to play :(
Taki - stop beating me. bane of my life this tourney
Pat - lolol how do you beat people? peach is dumb
4% - jiggs wasnt a good idea. im not scared of her. you gotta take that #1 spot in sf yo
GR - you are like my new favorite. pools bros for life <3 your DK is so sexy and your set vs carroll was awesome to watch
X - should have stayed marth bro. a big part of the reason i quit peach is because that stupid sword is annoying. i wish i could be as beautiful as you are
Carroll - we had a real close set. i kinda feel bad for the gimp last stock but then again, i hate fox and he probably deserved it
Dkuo - you had a scary falco. much scarier than your pika. i literally didnt take anyone to DL64 after playing your falco there for the entire tourney. you scared me. i even banned it vs a sheik lol
Shroudedone - daaamn you got 17th and beat the lake? so proud
Sweet - i was pretty afraid of your sheik. its smooth and does like real things
Skyson - wtf kid what are you doing in 17th place? you are supposed to be like 33rd <3
S1 - im already working on making that anti s1 internet
Kitty - noob go die
Derf - <3
Baps - stop beating yourself up bro. you made bracket in your first tourney and you cant even shffl yet. im glad you came out with us
BaconDerpus - we gotta keep the pattern going. you need to beat me next set we play
Ben/frky/red shirt guy - shut up ben. step your game up
Ashley - we arent even friends because you lost to ben
Anna - you are a jerk and i dont like you :c
Commander Li Shang - thank you for making a man out of me
Pat Brett - You are so talented
Yoshi's Story - you are my real best bro. you did work son

M@v

Subarashii!
Also, I know it would involve extra work, but any chance we could get full pools results sooner or later? This is assume we still have the pool sheets obviously xD

Freky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frekydelic
This tournament was so much fun, you guys. I had expectations going into it, but they were all blown out of the water and in a very good way. Well run by TOs, especially to get it done before midnight. I noticed a little trouble near the end of pools trying to get people off TV's, but you can't really blame TO's for that. It all worked out really well and I can't wait for FP4.

Many shout-outs are in order:

Bearsfan: Dude kept things cool when it easily could have been hectic and crazy. NEOH/PGH TO of the year?
S1: No matter what the chat says, RSG has your back.
Carroll: For being a cool dude to me and all the relatively new blood that showed up. Homie.
Pat: For being a great friend of mine, getting me there, and getting 5th in singles, like a boss.
KittyMW: For also being a great friend of mine, and helping me get there.
Baps: For being the best doubles partner a brother could ask for, and being just generally the coolest.
M2K: For just being open to play friendlies against me a bunch of times. Helps me learn what I'm doing wrong and how to figure it out.
Sweet: For just being a really cool dude.
Derf: Didn't get to really see you much, but you're always a homie.
Anna/ShroudedOne: For giving Baps and I a really good set in doubles. Wish it was recorded so we could've seen what we were doing wrong (I already know. Teamkills.)
Beanwolf: For an awesome stream and really helping/bailing me out when the chat DEMANDED I be on commentary. :p I plan to be doing more commentary in the future, and this was a great learning experience for me.
The 1200+ stream monsters: You guys are the best. RSG loves all y'all.
Vudujin: For having the best Luigi.
Green Ranger: For having the hypest DK around.
Everybody else: For my first big real tournament (Goast House was fun, but it was more of a smashfest :p), I couldn't have had a better time. If I had the time, I would have personally thanked everyone as I left the venue. I will try my damndest to make Shape. You guys are all the homies.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Ben.. I know it's funny now, but don't change your tag to red shirt guy loooooooool
Those kind of tags are for people with nothing to them except for they are alive.
LIKE HAT GUY AND QUESTION GUY <33333

we're still looking for someone to be "Booty Suck"
Are you brave enough?

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Would have came if two rides didn't bail. *Shrug* Good job to Pat though for giving PGH the ****.

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
Ben.. I know it's funny now, but don't change your tag to red shirt guy loooooooool
Those kind of tags are for people with nothing to them except for they are alive.
LIKE HAT GUY AND QUESTION GUY <33333

we're still looking for someone to be "Booty Suck"
Are you brave enough?

the thing is hat guy is actually good tho

minimang

Smash Rookie
It was awesome seeing Konrad QD and Lokii again, and it was a great environment. Loved the tourney!

dkuo

Smash Lord
M2K: dont lose your glasses
Mango: good seeing you again
Naka: we shouldve played! good job on 3rd
Taki: we shouldve played! good job on 4th /copy
Pat: yeah i probably should have stayed falco but i didnt want to stress myself out before bracket. johns i know :p ggs. good job on 5th
Vudujin: wow you tore me a new one. ggs lol
GR: duuuude your dk is amazing. good seeing you again. and im beating you next time
X: i wanted revenge but never got to you :( we shouldve played
Wenbo: ~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Vanz: damn youre still amazing at this game
Renth: i feel a little bad for not playing you in more friendlies since you wanted the practice. nice to finally meet you though
Carroll: thanks for housing and being a swell fella
Hat Guy: you should meet CTL
Dkuo: god dammit
Sweet: thanks for the drive, keep being famous. i owe you $20
Laijinn: ****IN YOUNG LINK! good work, and good seeing you again
Stro: your link is too good. we should play more during winter break or something
S1: dat set doe
The Lake: we shouldve played! its always a blast to see you
Kanye Rest: somehow i always end up playing you and vanz in that double jiggs team
Jbro: nice to meet you, we didnt really talk that much but yea lol
Mach: i still feel bad about our set lmao. ggs
Dees: 3rd seed hype \o/
Derf: i dont think i talked to you at all lol. keep reppin ics
Nips: i think if you were more conscious of falco's offense options you could have beaten me. ggs
Baps: im still amazed that you only played for 1 month. keep learning and playing and youll become amazing at this game. dont be too hard on yourself
BaconDerpus: i saw that set vs stro. nice
Kiwi: your falcon is solid! ggs
? Guy: i had a fun time playing you and talking about random smash stuff. keep it up
RSG: i dont know what the hype is about but im gonna jump on the hype train
Shuffla: you definitely have that falcon blood in you. keep it up and go ham in tourney a little harder, youll scare all the spacies i swear
Housewife: your fox is pretty good, just brush up on your vs spacies mu's. or maybe my floaties just suck lol <_< ggs
MKYD: good seeing you again. we shouldve played though, wanted to see your improvement
Coffeemug: good seeing you again, shame we didnt really talk or play
Beanwolf: good work on streaming and overlays. and they just keep getting better. mad props
Bearsfan: AMAZING TOURNEY, good stuff with the TO'ing and such. movin on up in the TO tier list

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
1: M2K - Was nice seeing you in all of your silly antics. You should go blind more often.
2: Mango - sup
4: Taki - Nice job. Sort of glad I didn't play you, to be honest. >_>
5: Pat - I hate you.
5: Vudujin - I think I've finally figured some of this matchup out, and I hope to take you to game 3 next time we play. You're really good. Nice job.
7: 4% - We will play sometime. Helps that you already (somehow) know who I am. And you should definitely travel more, you're insane.
9: Ambix - I wish I'd gotten to play you. Even if you hate them, I like dittos.
9: Wenbo - We talked for a bit, but we didn't really get to play. Hopefully we can amend that, next time. ~_~
13: Renth - *sigh* Good games, your Ganon is really good. I wanted to get more matches with you before/after that set, but I couldn't quite do that. Hopefully we'll get to play in the future.
13: Carroll - Good placing, you oblivious fool. ;)
13: Dkuo - Would've liked to play you.
17: Gunpunch - We haven't played a singles match yet. Maybe hopefully in the future?
17: Sweet - Hi.
17: Stro - Those Marth/Link games were indeed fun. I learned a lot. And I'm glad you don't actually think Link beats him. >_>
17: Skyson - Hahaha, get destroyed. I enjoyed seeing you/talking to you again. Gotta choose someone else vs Soraka. :D
17: S1 - I think I need to sit you down for a few hours whenever we're at the same place, and just play Fox/Peach. You and Mach are the only practice I have vs that type of play, which gives me the most trouble.
25: Asylum - Good set in pools. Sorry about the SD :(
25: The Lake - >_> Good games, Lake. You're really fun to play. I want us to play more in the future.
25: Kitty - We for sure need to play. I'll have to make it a top priority, next time.
25: Kanye Rest - There you go.
25: Jbro - Hmmm. Still haven't played you yet.
25: Mach - Didn't get to play you, but it's always nice to chat (even for the little time that we did). Make sure your cousin practices!
25: Logan - I wish we'd played. But it was nice seeing you again.
33: Franco - Good games.
33: Dirac - Don't worry, I won't hate you like everyone else does.
33: Derf - Tsk tsk tsk.
33: Nips - Hey, much much thanks for the car ride. I had a lot more fun than I was expecting, and it's really thanks to you stepping up that I could! I wish we had gotten to play, but you seem to live pretty close. Maybe we can work something out.
33: M@v - Hahaha, I got 9th in PM. All I needed to do was beat that pesky Zelda. :( Then I could've been top 8. Ohhhhhh well, I guess. Good games.
33: Baps- Good set in doubles.

And bearsfan, this was a really good tournament. Was considering not going, but I'm really glad I did. I learned things, met cool people, and played decently. Will definitely make the next Fight Pitt.

Special shoutout to Lokii. It was nice meeting you finally, and talking League/Brawl with you and Tony, when I should probably have been playing friendlies, instead. >_>

oliman

Smash Journeyman
Naka and Taki - good **** on dat placement
Pat - damn, negroid, you were on fire. Next set is mine though. or maybe its just when we meet in losers.
4% and X - you guys did phenomenal in teams. an honor to have you guys represent our state
Vanz - rain check on those friendlies?
Gunpunch - i hope that your hourlong fox career was filled with chaingrabs :p
Shroudedone - you didn't talk to me the entire time ;_; what happened to our love
Sweet - your ivysaur is rad and you woulda crushed me had you met me in bracket
Stro - guess randall was the bug in your boolean logic :p but the results proved you're better than me, QED
Skyson - you're lucky yoshi's story was plotting against me that day. i'm salt, bro
S1 - you owe me some friendlies, honeychile
Kitty - your sd's against Sweet were unfortunate but that's what you get for living in ohio. we cool doe
Kanye Rest - you're actually smash famous now. when they called your name everyone was talking about you
Dirac - get some sleep breh
Derf - you played not so well but still outplaced me. nice.
TM - dat ganon life :(
Housewife/Anna - I'm confident that you hate me now.

Everyone from my pool (I was Bacon Derpus) -y'all ruled. i see potential and you were all nice to me d '_' b

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Just dropping by to say good work with the tourney, Matt. The level of attendance and production quality says a lot. I'm sad I couldn't make it with MI, and the 95 entrants sure makes me feel guilty of the void left by my potential car of five :p Glad Pittsburgh is back on the map with a big tournament series -- will definitely keep an eye out for future events.

Housewife

Smash Cadet
Wow, didn't make it out of pools so I'm not even in the thread. Cool.
I had an amazing time, I'm really glad I was able to make it out! Thanks to my PGH sponsors, you guys are the best.

ShroudedOne - Wow ok so we team and you don't even give me a s/o thanks man
Mango - I finally met you, how come you haven't accepted my friend request yet.
Nips - Thanks for driving us at the last minute and NOT ditching me like Grinbuckets told you to. Sorry we couldn't get any friendlies in. Next time!
Skyson - I hate you and I'm gonna wreck your kirby next time I see you. Promise.
Bluerogue - I missed you please don't leave for 3 years again ):
Rob Taylor - f u <3
Jbro - Never losing to you again, that's a promise. You looked good.
Kitty - Great to see you again after like, what, 3 years? See I don't hate you. We need to get more friendlies in next time
Eli - Double peach would be the worst team
S1 - wow this kid's actually a nice guy who knew. Gave me a hug and everything. Your fox looks a lot better, hoping to get some matches with you soon!
Sweet - Now I get to pester you about my recorded matches foreverrrrrr. And we'll do our PM mm at Shape fer sure.
Stro - The homie. Your fox is bad. Your link is so good.
Renth - Yoooooo, so glad I was able to meet you, so sad we couldn't play more. Nice job in bracket! Come back to PGH soon, k?
Naka - Nice job man! As with everyone else, wish we could've gotten in more games. I'm working out the details for the mm, so I'll see you at Shape, yeah?
Carroll - You look GOOD.
Bearsfan - GREAT TOURNEY, MAN. I'm really sorry we didn't get any friendlies in but you were busy running the whole shindig n stuff. If you're at Shape we'll definitely play, mkay?

Jo(h)n, Dkuo, GR, Vudu, Beanwolf, Mach, and anyone else I'm forgetting, thank you for playing friendlies! I love being able to play people who aren't my roommate.

To everyone I forgot to mention but actually met for the first time this weekend, you're amazing. Especially that one kid who called me a legend. Thanks, dude.

Can't wait to see most of you again in a month (:

tm

Smash Ace
Naka - good job on 3rd. keep it up
Vudujin - nice playing, you vs GR and Naka were especially entertaining.
Renth - nice meeting you finally, and nice placement. You were super chill. See you again sometime
Carroll - thanks a **** ton for letting us enter, you saved the day. Nice matches too, see you at shape III
Hat Guy - yooooo hat guy, nice job in bracket. Keep it up
Stro - nice matches / talking. I expect you'll teach me more in the future, see you again.
Lyme - ggs dude, you're solid. Let's play again sometime.
The Lake - quality entertainment as usual. I want to see that zelda in GFs next time.
Mach - yo, we should play next time. Nice seeing you again anyways.
Dirac - nice matches, you're getting better. I secretly don't hate you
Derf - we didn't play or talk but that yo-yoing was sick XD
Ralis - nice games dude, no johns. You're solid, and outplayed me. Sorry for being a poor sport. We should play some friendlies next time.
Dempt - where you at dude? I could have maybe picked you up on the way.
Jon - nice friendlies, you're a cool dude. See you at shape 3.

I know there are more people but they aren't listed because the thread only listed people who made bracket :o so gg.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
WHAT HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE. D:

Housewife: I had more fun teaming with you then I expected (I am notorious for hating, among many things, teams), and hopefully we can do it in the future? I promise not to SD randomly (or hit you). The car ride was fun (though very squished), and I enjoyed the few friendlies we got in (as well as our pools match). You've definitely got potential.

>_> Sorry for the late shoutout, I'm not sure how I missed you.

Dees

Smash Journeyman
this tourney was the **** shout outs to green ranger for being the GOAT

shout outs to carroll, jbro, and mikeyD for the housing

shout outs to S1 the disgrace

shout outs to pittsburghghghhgghhghghg

Renth

Smash Hero
SHOUT OUTS

M2k and Mango, I didn't play either of you. Shame, I would have loved to get 4 stocked by both of you but I would have done some silly things that you both would have loved me for.
Lauren: I didn't talk to you or play with you but you seemed very nice.
Nakamaru: I'm very proud of you please keep up the good work.
Taki: Being around you makes me very happy.
Vudujin: We didn't really play but it's always great to see you man.
Green Ranger: I've never been more amazed.. You are an incredible person, great DK player and the best team mate anyone could ever ask for.
Ambix: you earned your win over me... Our set was very intense you're great.
VanZ: I came out strong in our set but I fell apart next time my dude, I'm taking you out.
Carroll: Thank you for everything, you've become a staple in the community and I'm glad to call you my dad.
Dkuo: Nice to meet you dude.

Shrouded one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HNTQp9yRCI&t=7m40s I loved our set man!

Sweet: You're getting a lot better man your biggest flaw in life is you're too nice.
Laijin: Nice to see you as always, I enjoyed our games.
Stro: Most calculated player 2013, I can't believe how much you've improved over the past year.
Skyson: Didn't play you much but I felt the love.
S1 the god: I predict if I let you play me more, you'll beat me every game.
Lyme: Hey, how was your pool?
The Lake: I love you.
JBro: Thanks for cheering me on and letting me stay at your place homie.
Mach: STANDDDAAARRDDD
Hot Soup: It was a pleasure to meet you and thank you for being a good friend ALREAADY. Listening to my lady drama. We are going to be great friends :D
Bean Wolf: DON'T LET PEOPLE ON STREAMS GET TO YOU, you are doing a service where hundreds of people on the internet get to say whatever they want. It's going to happpen.
CoffeeMug: Nice to meet you :D
TM: We'll play more next time.

EDIT: HOW DID I FORGET BEARSFAN LOL

Great tournament my dude, keep up the good work. Thank you for hosting a great event

dkuo

Smash Lord
i dont remember who was visiting for the most part due to...reasons. i just know everyone came to our apt because armada and m2k were there

also luke was probably trying to get ganon info from renth so i dont think i played or talked to him at all <_<

thethethelyme

Smash Cadet
: M2K ($660) - Glad you found your glasses EXACTLY WHERE YOU LEFT THEM
2: Mango ($330) - welcome to the better side of america
3: Naka ($110) - holy **** 3rd! you're out of your damn mind!
4: Taki- we got fat
5: Pat- woooooooow. good **** dude. better rewrite the ohio power rankings! (do those exist?)
5: Vudujin- master of the quintuple wait
7: 4%
7: GR- obvious <3 is obious
9: Ambix- you put me into losers. hate hate hate
9: X
9: Wenbo- sorry about the crazy
9: Vanz- want a cigarette?
13: Renth- we had the hardest pool ever. for realz do
13: Carroll- keepin it hype as always my dude
13: Hat Guy
13: Dkuo
17: Gunpunch
17: Shroudedone
17: Sweet- notable regional upset smash famous goat
17: Laijinn
17: Stro
17: S1- soo much **** talk. love it
17: Lyme
25: Asylum
25: The Lake- i out placed you for the fist time ever :p
25: Kitty
25: Kanye Rest- fun pools matches!
25: Kevin
25: Jbro
25: Mach- standard is as standard does
25: Logan-had seriously the closest set of my life. i look forward to our next battle!
33: Donnie
33: Mordicon
33: Dees
33: Franco
33: Dirac
33: RQY
33: Derf
33: Nips
33: M@v
33: Baps
33: Jiffy
33: BaconDerpus