• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fiery Princess of the Sol Dimension - Blaze the Cat Support Thread For DLC

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Things are looking just a bit more likely for Blaze but just a bit, although whether we'll see her for wave 1, wave 2, or at all is anyone's guess.
Regardless of her chances I'm still rooting for her.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Things are looking just a bit more likely for Blaze but just a bit, although whether we'll see her for wave 1, wave 2, or at all is anyone's guess.
Regardless of her chances I'm still rooting for her.
Yeah. Her best shot at getting in at this point is if Tails is deconfirmed. He is Blaze's biggest competition for a new Sonic rep.

Durnt

Smash Cadet
Either way I can see it happening easily i think my moveset idea makes her quite unique.

IMO

Blaze Rushes through! Sounds like a good tagline.
Question what songs would you guys like to come with Blaze if she was confirmed?
I've already said mine previously but Imma add 1 more! What U Need(Blaze version)

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
I support Blaze for Ultimate!

If she doesn't get in by DLC, then there's always the next Smash game :D
(I don't know why do i care about this, i don't even have enough money to get a Switch or even a 3DS)

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I will say this. I always felt she was underutilized. I wanted to see her become a key character within the Sonic series and on par with Sonic and Shadow. Instead she got booted to being a support character for Silver, someone I personally never cared for, and after some time travel shenanigans we never saw her again; I am not going to count Generations, because all she did was cheer from the side lines, or non-canon games.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I have an idea for Blaze's Classic Mode. It is called "My Fire Burns Brighter". All of Blaze's opponents use fire attacks or are associated with fire. Possible opponents include Ken, Incineroar, Pokemon Trainer (who is locked into using Charizard), Roy, Bowser, Mario, Ness, and Lucas.

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
This thread needs more moveset ideas.

How about,

Neutral: Flame Tornado (Blaze spins around like a tornado and attacks the enemy. Almost like Sonic's neutral attack, but Blaze Stays on the ground.)

Side Neutral: Burst Dash (Like Sonic's spin dash, but takes more towards Sonic rush. Blaze just charges at her opponents)

Up Neutral: Axel jump (Launches herself upward (Mainly a recovery move))

Down Neutral: Spinning Claw (Blaze stays where she's at and spins damaging anyone near her)

Final Smash: Burning Blaze (She goes into super Transformation like Sonic, though unlike super sonic, blaze doesn't go fast, instead she can launch fire at enemies while charging into them so she's much easier to control.)

Battlefields:
Southern Island
Sky Babylon

A little tribute to Blaze:

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This thread needs more moveset ideas.

How about,

Neutral: Flame Tornado (Blaze spins around like a tornado and attacks the enemy. Almost like Sonic's neutral attack, but Blaze Stays on the ground.)

Side Neutral: Burst Dash (Like Sonic's spin dash, but takes more towards Sonic rush. Blaze just charges at her opponents)

Up Neutral: Axel jump (Launches herself upward (Mainly a recovery move))

Down Neutral: Spinning Claw (Blaze stays where she's at and spins damaging anyone near her)

Final Smash: Burning Blaze (She goes into super Transformation like Sonic, though unlike super sonic, blaze doesn't go fast, instead she can launch fire at enemies while charging into them so she's much easier to control.)

Battlefields:
Southern Island
Sky Babylon

A little tribute to Blaze:
Nice moveset ideas. Also, Tails got his Mii Fighter costume back, meaning that he is most likely out of the running. If there is a 2nd Sonic rep, it is now up in the air as to who it will be.

D

Deleted member

The Sonic Rush games are stuff from my deep childhood, so I would be a Blaze supporter without any doubt.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I will say this. I always felt she was underutilized. I wanted to see her become a key character within the Sonic series and on par with Sonic and Shadow. Instead she got booted to being a support character for Silver, someone I personally never cared for, and after some time travel shenanigans we never saw her again; I am not going to count Generations, because all she did was cheer from the side lines, or non-canon games.
Blaze's mishandling is a microcosm of Sega's constant dropping of balls with the Sega franchise. Time & time again I've seen older Sonic fans expressed hatred for "Sonic's ****ty friends", I.E. any character from after S3&K is just uniformly despised. Except for Blaze, the one post-16-bit character who is not only tolerated but genuinely liked by the cynical fandom. That's an amazing accomplishment & Sega never saw to capitalize on it. They could've easily had her become the most prominent female character of the franchise, but I guess God forbid the tired one-note joke that is Amy ever be dethroned with an actual decently written character.

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Right ? We never get to see Blaze anymore... i believe she appeared in one of the comics recently but i can't remember what's the name of it.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Right ? We never get to see Blaze anymore... i believe she appeared in one of the comics recently but i can't remember what's the name of it.
You're right. Besides the Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games series (where she appeared in every game since the first) Blaze hardly appears anymore. And, that sucks because Sonic Rush series are some of the most popular Sonic games.

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
Blaze's mishandling is a microcosm of Sega's constant dropping of balls with the Sega franchise. Time & time again I've seen older Sonic fans expressed hatred for "Sonic's ****ty friends", I.E. any character from after S3&K is just uniformly despised. Except for Blaze, the one post-16-bit character who is not only tolerated but genuinely liked by the cynical fandom. That's an amazing accomplishment & Sega never saw to capitalize on it. They could've easily had her become the most prominent female character of the franchise, but I guess God forbid the tired one-note joke that is Amy ever be dethroned with an actual decently written character.
Blaze or her counterpart Sir Percival at least had a new original Spanish Guitar song when she meets Sonic instead of a remix of Vela Nova or Raisin' Me Up unlike Sir Lancelot (As Shadow) and Sir Gawain (& Knuckles) whom uses remixes of old themes which helps her stand out a little more.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I support, Blaze is one of my favorite characters from Sonic.
She's not very likely, but there was a time when she made sense, and I thought she was kinda likely: It was during the Brawl Dojo days: at the time, Sonic Rush was an ongoing series and pretty popular too, and was the Nintendo exclusive Sonic branch; Since Blaze was a main character in Sonic Rush and the sequel, I thought that she had a chance in Brawl.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Oh, I support.
I nominated her in RTC after all, and Rush is in my top 5 sonic games.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Wow I'm surprised this thread has been dead for awhile

Okay....so if Blaze wer to get in, what do you guys see her specials as? I know pyro is one of her elements

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
Add me to the list! I don't care if it's too late, just add me! I want my girl get the respect she deserves!

Durnt

Smash Cadet
I feel kinda stupid not realizing the crash run ability could be incorporated into the fire boost as a move if blaze or another character with a dashing mechanic enters the game

Last edited:

Mushufasa

Smash Cadet
Hi! I know Eggman and Amy are more likely if they were to go for a Sonic rep, and they would be fun inclusions as well, but personally I'm hoping for Blaze!

Consider me a supporter 🙂

Top Bottom