• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fiery Princess of the Sol Dimension - Blaze the Cat Support Thread For DLC

Durnt

Smash Cadet
Eh to me it makes more sense, but like I said earlier smash is still smash. Also I changed the idea of immune to fire to absorbing it as power just taking a bit less damage and buffing her like a pseudo aura.

The Tension Gauge would work like it does in the rush games meaning it has 5 lvls: white, blue, yellow, red, flashing and if u get damaged the gauge will decrease. If you do some aerials (trick actions) to often it'll give less and it require time for that to generate more points on the gauge if you chain them together it'll give more when it is flashing the Fire Boost is at full strength if the gauge is white you can't use side b.

Enters the stage in a whirling pillar of flames(while doing her character select animation from Sonic Rush)

Victory quotes: Turns twice then performs a 540 en ménage lands then says "Never get on my bad side!"
(Does her Ranking Animation from Sonic 06' (Yes never happened is not real but wotevers.) then says.) "My enemies always fall before me!"
The blue Sol Emerald falls from the sky catches it "All it takes is a little effort." She says casually tosses up and down the emerald.

Taunts Crosses her arms and says "What a waste of time."
Forms fire from her hands saying "Fear the power of the Flames!"
Points into the direction she's facing and says "You can't escape me!"

I has more ideas but that'll be later.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Eh to me it makes more sense, but like I said earlier smash is still smash. Also I changed the idea of immune to fire to absorbing it as power just taking a bit less damage and buffing her like a pseudo aura.

The Tension Gauge would work like it does in the rush games meaning it has 5 lvls: white, blue, yellow, red, flashing and if u get damaged the gauge will decrease. If you do some aerials (trick actions) to often it'll give less and it require time for that to generate more points on the gauge if you chain them together it'll give more when it is flashing the Fire Boost is at full strength if the gauge is white you can't use side b.

Enters the stage in a whirling pillar of flames

Victory quotes Does a few backflips then says "Never get on my bad side!"
Spins around in a Burst Dash exits it in a pose saying "My enemies always fall before me!"
The blue Sol Emerald falls from the sky catches it "My skills are superior." She says casually tosses up and down the emerald.

I has more ideas but that'll be later.
You have a ton of interesting ideas for a character who only has a 1% chance of becoming playable.

Durnt

Smash Cadet
Ideas and chances sometimes they work sometimes they don't that's why life is a lottery that is unwinnable I like to think whatever happens will happen.

Besides soon we will be back here talking about smash number 7 XD.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Ideas and chances sometimes they work sometimes they don't that's why life is a lottery that is unwinnable I like to think whatever happens will happen.

Besides soon we will be back here talking about smash number 7 XD.
Yeah. Blaze would be awesome to see but I'm not holding my breath. Also, here's P.Kat's idea for a reveal trailer for her, taken directly from the Direct a Trailer! thread:

Title: "A Princess From Another Dimension" (a cookie for who ever gets the loose reference)

Mario, Megaman, Pacman, and Sonic are fighting against each other in a free-for-all, Sonic at the last second used his spin dash to send the three of them flying away. Sonic stops to scratch his noes with his index finger. "Eh, must be off their game today, or I'm just that good." He gloated. "Sure wish someone could give me a real fight, I'm getting bored real quick." he say while stretching. Out of nowhere a large fireball projectile flew at him. "Alright! I guess Mario still has some steam left." said Sonic excitedly. He daringly took the fireball head on with a Spin Dash, but was surprised when the fireball was more... solid than it appeared! It actually sent him flying several yards back!

With a pained groan Sonic got to his feet, as he did, a voice from the fire asked "Don't tell me you've gotten soft since we last met Sonic?" the fire fading away a bit as it showed who was inside, a fiery purple cat. "Blaze?!" Sonic gasped astounded. "That's my name." she said with a smile.

Splash art: Blaze Burns Through the Battlefield

Gameplay shows Blaze becoming a fire tornado ramming through enemies, shooting fireballs, and raising fire pillars from the ground, all while in the background Blaze explains that she was bored, so she hopped over from her dimension, to Sonic's location, only to find he was in another dimension as well too. Her Final Smash has her using the Sol Emeralds to become Burning Blaze where she does the same attack as Super Sonic but for a shorter time before bombarding enemies with giant fireballs, before roasting them with a gigantic flamethrower. Cue logo.

Back to the cutscene they were about to attack again when... "CHAOS SPEAR!" Blaze and Sonic dodge out of the way in time, and looked up to see no other than Shadow the Hedgehog with three Chaos Emeralds circling him. "Prepare for battle Sonic." he said stoically. "Oh look, Mr. Dark and edgy came to join the party," Sonic quipped. "Ready Blaze?" he asked as four Chaos Emeralds circle him "Ready Sonic!" shouted Blaze as the Seven Sol Emeralds circled her.

No more was said as Sonic's and Shadows Emeralds joined each other, transforming the two of them into Super Sonic and Super Shadow, while Blaze became Burning Blaze through her sol Emeralds, as all three began their own free-for-all fight.

Durnt

Smash Cadet
Yeah. Blaze would be awesome to see but I'm not holding my breath. Also, here's P.Kat's idea for a reveal trailer for her, taken directly from the Direct a Trailer! thread:

Title: "A Princess From Another Dimension" (a cookie for who ever gets the loose reference)

Mario, Megaman, Pacman, and Sonic are fighting against each other in a free-for-all, Sonic at the last second used his spin dash to send the three of them flying away. Sonic stops to scratch his noes with his index finger. "Eh, must be off their game today, or I'm just that good." He gloated. "Sure wish someone could give me a real fight, I'm getting bored real quick." he say while stretching. Out of nowhere a large fireball projectile flew at him. "Alright! I guess Mario still has some steam left." said Sonic excitedly. He daringly took the fireball head on with a Spin Dash, but was surprised when the fireball was more... solid than it appeared! It actually sent him flying several yards back!

With a pained groan Sonic got to his feet, as he did, a voice from the fire asked "Don't tell me you've gotten soft since we last met Sonic?" the fire fading away a bit as it showed who was inside, a fiery purple cat. "Blaze?!" Sonic gasped astounded. "That's my name." she said with a smile.

Splash art: Blaze Burns Through the Battlefield

Gameplay shows Blaze becoming a fire tornado ramming through enemies, shooting fireballs, and raising fire pillars from the ground, all while in the background Blaze explains that she was bored, so she hopped over from her dimension, to Sonic's location, only to find he was in another dimension as well too. Her Final Smash has her using the Sol Emeralds to become Burning Blaze where she does the same attack as Super Sonic but for a shorter time before bombarding enemies with giant fireballs, before roasting them with a gigantic flamethrower. Cue logo.

Back to the cutscene they were about to attack again when... "CHAOS SPEAR!" Blaze and Sonic dodge out of the way in time, and looked up to see no other than Shadow the Hedgehog with three Chaos Emeralds circling him. "Prepare for battle Sonic." he said stoically. "Oh look, Mr. Dark and edgy came to join the party," Sonic quipped. "Ready Blaze?" he asked as four Chaos Emeralds circle him "Ready Sonic!" shouted Blaze as the Seven Sol Emeralds circled her.

No more was said as Sonic's and Shadows Emeralds joined each other, transforming the two of them into Super Sonic and Super Shadow, while Blaze became Burning Blaze through her sol Emeralds, as all three began their own free-for-all fight.
Yeah I did see that from P.Kat in the direct a trailer forum rather have Shadow be called Mr. Dark and Brooding though. =P

Last edited:

Durnt

Smash Cadet
Hmm... Blaze could also have different costumes for her alts as well if you consider the spin offs. Also she doesn't really care about honorifics but wotevers back to the waffle lords!

Last edited:

Durnt

Smash Cadet
Like this one from the Olympics https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/262?cb=20171120060820

and Riders https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/222?cb=20130426124016

Now that I think of it would be funny seeing Proto Blaze https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/268?cb=20180824112029 but if that did become a thing before they decided to make Shadow out of that we would of had her in the installment and be talking about adding Shadow instead hmm interestar...

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, the Smash playlist just updated. Also, they removed the new tag on the fighters section. We're getting a new character soon.

Durnt

Smash Cadet
Well, the Smash playlist just updated. Also, they removed the new tag on the fighters section. We're getting a new character soon.
I like how people are with their theories i hope it's a super unexpected pick like not even space and time saw this coming!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I like how people are with their theories i hope it's a super unexpected pick like not even space and time saw this coming!
Yeah. Blaze getting revealed would shatter so many prediction lists. No one would see her coming!

Durnt

Smash Cadet
Yeah. Blaze getting revealed would shatter so many prediction lists. No one would see her coming!
Honestly prediction lists and cracks that have gas or liquid coming through are boring nowadays what's the point of sumpin if it's get spoiled like milk does but nowadays it's "Since yall wanna know what we got in game here you go, oh and just to add this is the final game in the series no more will be made after this so enjoy!!"

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Honestly prediction lists and cracks that have gas or liquid coming through are boring nowadays what's the point of sumpin if it's get spoiled like milk does but nowadays it's "Since yall wanna know what we got in game here you go, oh and just to add this is the final game in the series no more will be made after this so enjoy!!"
Yeah. I don't think that all of the remaining characters will be so easy to guess.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'm banking on seeing something completely unexpected. Don't care who it is, as long as it isn't somebody that's "leaked".

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm banking on seeing something completely unexpected. Don't care who it is, as long as it isn't somebody that's "leaked".
Yeah. Vergeben is like Gematsu at this point. Sooner or later something will come in and completely smash his predictions.

Durnt

Smash Cadet
All I was trying to do was make sure the character fitted to how they would work in Smash Brahs ya know? Just like how they do nowadays take small things from a series and integrate it into Smash Bruhs the Tension Gauge from the Sonic Rush series is what introduced the Boost Gauge in the Sonic the Hedgehog series later installments.
Examples being Robin's Durability from Fire Emblem, Ryu's Combo Inputs from Street Fighter, Little Mac's Ko Punch(Star Punch), etc.

Besides Sonic's not using the boost so why not give it to Blaze where it originated from ehh???

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
All I was trying to do was make sure the character fitted to how they would work in Smash Brahs ya know? Just like how they do nowadays take small things from a series and integrate it into Smash Bruhs the Tension Gauge from the Sonic Rush series is what introduced the Boost Gauge in the Sonic the Hedgehog series later installments.
Examples being Robin's Durability from Fire Emblem, Ryu's Combo Inputs from Street Fighter, Little Mac's Ko Punch(Star Punch), etc.

Besides Sonic's not using the boost so why not give it to Blaze where it originated from ehh???
That sounds like a good idea and a good gimmick for her.

Durnt

Smash Cadet
This is all I have right now as a moveset.

Holding down the jump button will cause Blaze to use Burst Hover slowing her descent

I rethinked on the specials Neutral B is now Fire Boost uses the (Tension Gauge) if held down will continue in that direction till you stop pressing B.
Side B is Jump Step quick burst of fire to propel left or right(Trick Action/Extension/Finisher) gives 5% to the gauge similar to fox illusion but no damage and comes out real quick.
Down B is the Flame Pillars she does in the Sonic Rush boss fight against her
and Up B is still Axel Tornado(Trick Action extenstion can still do other Trick Actions to charge up the Gauge) does damage on the ascent launches a good amount height gives 8% to the gauge

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/File:Tension_Gauge_SRA.png
The Tension Gauge would work like it does in the rush games meaning it has 5 lvls: white 0%, blue 1%-32%, yellow 33%-60%, red is 61-99%, flashing is 100%. Taking damage causes the gauge to decrease. If you do some Aerials(Nair not included) (Trick Actions) to often it'll give less energy until you do a different chain of tricks to generate more points on the gauge you when it is flashing the Fire Boost is at full strength for a short duration if the gauge is white you can't use Fire Boost.

Nair is Axel Jump turns into a mini-tornado of fire then explodes does 4 hits 1% for the 3 and 8% for the explosion
Fair is two kicks ahead first hit deals 4% second kick deals 6% generates 5% to the gauge
Upair is a flip kick does 10% and generates 6% to the gauge
Dair lights her feet on fire and kicks downwards does 11% can spike
Bair spins and kicks backwards deals 16%

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I support! Sonic Rush was my first Sonic game. ...Well, it was either that or Sonic Adventure DX, I don't remember which exactly... But it was one of my first, I assure you!

Truth be told, I don't see her getting in before Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Dr. Eggman, or even Amy, but it'd be nice if she did. Sonic Rush, if I remember correctly, made her look like she was Sonic's equal, and just as competent, so it wouldn't be completely out of the ordinary if Sonic and Blaze were the two sole Sonic characters in Ultimate.

Durnt

Smash Cadet
One of the reasons why I want Blaze as a playable character is because it would be interesting to see how she'd play out using the Sonic Rush mechanics being applied in Smash which is why I thought of it since that is how she started out with. The other is how her graceful ballet fighting style could be tied to her pyrokinesis. I do have more reasons why but meh I'll just have to wait and see how things turn out!

Jab would be a 3 kick combo totaling in 9%.
Dash attack would be Burst Dash ending with a kick would hit 5 times for a damage of 10%.
Sidetilt performs a grand battement foward dealing 9%.
Downtilt would be croise devant that does 5% which a small chance of tripping.
Uptilt would be a arabesque kick up dealing 5% for sour spot and 11% on sweet spot.

Would like feedback but that's your own decision! =D

Durnt

Smash Cadet
Welp I learnt that the gem on Blaze's forehead is both a symbol of the royal family that control pyrokinesis and it's also an inhibitor for her flames. I don't have anything as of now to add to the moveset but just some cool info that and the other reason why I would like to see Blaze in Ultimate which P.Kat has much said in the Direct a Trailer the Sol Emeralds are like magnets to the Chaos Emeralds they can be attracted to and repelled.

Also my prediction for the game I mainly play has happened so I'm kinda hyped that I was right!!

Durnt

Smash Cadet
Ello agains peoples!! I still wonder if it would be possible to has Blaze in SSBU but I still keep seeing it as possible. However I will be fine with whatever we will get! I am glad that I've avoided the leak craze gotta make sure to otherwise how will the game be fun? It's like ruining a movie by being a fart talking about almost everything without volume control or common decency.
Here are the SMASHES!! =D

I thought of a spin kick or a side aerial as the Side Smash
Down Smash could to small streams of flames or explosions in both directions
Up Smash could be a back handspring layout

Feedback is always appreciated!! Smash is almost here my friends enjoy the game and be glad we's getting one either way! =D

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I support! Sonic Rush was my first Sonic game. ...Well, it was either that or Sonic Adventure DX, I don't remember which exactly... But it was one of my first, I assure you!

Truth be told, I don't see her getting in before Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Dr. Eggman, or even Amy, but it'd be nice if she did. Sonic Rush, if I remember correctly, made her look like she was Sonic's equal, and just as competent, so it wouldn't be completely out of the ordinary if Sonic and Blaze were the two sole Sonic characters in Ultimate.
Well, in terms of Sonic reps, Knuckles is already an AT and Eggman is more likely to be a boss. If you think that being in the background on a stage is a deconfirmation, then both Tails and Silver are out. This means that is between Amy, Blaze, and Shadow for the Sonic rep slot, as everyone else I did not mention is either too obscure or unsuitable for Smash.

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
I'm down to support, I read a smash fanfic that had Blaze in it years ago so I'm biased, but anyone is better than Amy

Durnt

Smash Cadet
Even though Blaze is in as a Spirit I am fine. Maybe next game or DLC. But Hooo boi did I get what I want when I saw Piranha Plant NO ONE not even time could of predicted that! Unless you had a dream or sumpin.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Even though Blaze is in as a Spirit I am fine. Maybe next game or DLC. But Hooo boi did I get what I want when I saw Piranha Plant NO ONE not even time could of predicted that! Unless you had a dream or sumpin.
However, someone over on the Tails thread pointed out that being a Spirit is not a deconfirmation. And, I agree. Spirits are meant to be the equivalent of trophies.

Durnt

Smash Cadet
However, someone over on the Tails thread pointed out that being a Spirit is not a deconfirmation. And, I agree. Spirits are meant to be the equivalent of trophies.
I haven't really given up on hopes so yeah just still trying not to laugh at peoples saltiness of you know who. XD

Durnt

Smash Cadet
Also, Shadow is an AT again.
Oh I saw dat trust me I just didn't mention it cause it's not that important plus like I always say "At the end of the day. Smash is still Smash." Here's to Smash Ultimate for once again trolling us into a false sense of security.

The saltiness I was referring to was Piranha Plant and TBH it looks very fun to use in terms of a Mario character

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Daisy (in her classic outfit) is a Spirit. Now it's pretty much confirmed that Spirits can be DLC characters.

Durnt

Smash Cadet
I would love to see Sky Babylon as stage and hear it's music remixed or just the normal and of course Blaze's Theme Vela-Nova has to be there.
https://youtu.be/hg0KyCrmW88

Hmm how can I just display it as the vid so it doesn't warp to dah link?

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Blaze's biggest competition at this point is Tails. Blaze's best hope at this point is if Tails is deconfirmed.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Daisy (in her classic outfit) is a Spirit. Now it's pretty much confirmed that Spirits can be DLC characters.
The same of how Lucas and Mewtwo didn't make the base roster in the previous game, yet they had trophies until their DLC confirmation.

Blaze and Tails are the best choices for the Sonic rep but I fear we may not even get a second rep

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The same of how Lucas and Mewtwo didn't make the base roster in the previous game, yet they had trophies until their DLC confirmation.

Blaze and Tails are the best choices for the Sonic rep but I fear we may not even get a second rep
Well, considering that Eggman is most likely a boss and Shadow and Knuckles are both ATs, the only possible new Sonic reps are now Tails, Amy, and Blaze. Sega and the Sonic franchise do have a healthy relationship with Nintendo. Sonic has an active crossover franchise with Mario himself and Sega was one of the few third parties to support the Wii U. Not only that, Sega signed an exclusivity agreement that legally forced them to support the Wii U.

Top Bottom