• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fiery Princess of the Sol Dimension - Blaze the Cat Support Thread For DLC

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
BlazeDecal.png

Who is Blaze?

Blaze the Cat is a character first introduced in Sonic Rush, a Nintendo DS game released in 2005. She is a princess and guardian of the Sol Emeralds, an alternate universe equivalent to the Chaos Emeralds. As the name suggests, she can manipulate fire.

What notability does she have?

Blaze is a recurring character in the Sonic series, frequently appearing in main games and spinoffs alike, including the Mario and Sonic games.

Moveset:

Blaze has several attacks she can use. For one, she will not be a Sonic echo. She has a plethora of attacks she can use. Some of the attacks Blaze can use include:

Her spindashes are horizontal rather than vertical like Sonic's.

Blaze can teleport, either through Chaos Control or her own flames.

Blaze can fly and hover using fire.

Blaze can create swords made out of pure fire.

Blaze has her own transformation called Burning Blaze, which functions differently to Sonic's Super Sonic. She will summon a powerful stream of fire at her opponents. This will be her Final Smash.

Pros and cons:

Pros

1. Will likely have a unique moveset.
2. Is a notable character in her own franchise, with a number of main and spinoff appearances.

Cons
1. Is eclipsed by other Sonic characters, including Tails, Eggman, and Shadow.

Support List:
*P.Kat
*ZagarTulip
*ThoughtfulWanderer
*SEGAGameBoy
*CrusherMania1592
*KirbyWorshipper2465
*Pizza Robo
*Teeb147
*User Name String
*Durnt
*Smashing Ramen
*Frizz
*Brindor
*TDRR
*JDCabrera
*katiethehedgefox
*Iko MattOrr
*3DSNinja
*Convoy

Media

Newcomer stock icon

Blaze Recolours SSB5.png

Alt colors (Made by ZagarTulip)

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Blaze has potential to be unique. I honestly would be up for any Sonic Character. I will support!

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I recently started playing Sonic Rush in front of my IRL friends and it started to become my dream to add in Blaze. I am currently thinking of making some Alts for Blaze, if you have any suggestions, let me know

When I started to play Sonic Rush, I thought it would be cool to have the level clear theme from that game as a Victory Theme. I'd keep Sonic's as is while giving Blaze the Sonic Rush victory jingle. but I wouldn't blame them if she has Sonic's Victory Theme, but sometimes those are fun things to speculate.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I recently started playing Sonic Rush in front of my IRL friends and it started to become my dream to add in Blaze. I am currently thinking of making some Alts for Blaze, if you have any suggestions, let me know

When I started to play Sonic Rush, I thought it would be cool to have the level clear theme from that game as a Victory Theme. I'd keep Sonic's as is while giving Blaze the Sonic Rush victory jingle. but I wouldn't blame them if she has Sonic's Victory Theme, but sometimes those are fun things to speculate.
I don't have many ideas, and SEGA would pull a... SEGA and just make Blaze different hues, and shades of purple (pink maybe), just like how all Sonic alts are blue. But if I had to make a suggestion, it would be cool if Blaze had Cream the Rabbit's color scheme has an alt, considering
Cream is the first friend she made

Maybe one of Silver the Hedgehog, and one based off Shadow only so she could have a black cat alt.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Blaze Recolours SSB5.png
I made some alts for Blaze, Let me know what you think. Since Sonic has small hue differences in his alts. I thought of doing that for Blaze while giving one that is more different like how Sonic had a silver alt in SSB4.

Mewtwo could also be compared to this where the main body doesn't change much but the tail does with the exception of the 8th alt where the whole body and tail is changed to be based off of Shadow Lugia, I wanted to do something similar and base it off of Cream the Rabbit.

These Recolours did not take long to make and feedback is appreciated. Feel free to take inspiration from mine if you want to make your own alts for Blaze.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I made some alts for Blaze, Let me know what you think. Since Sonic has small hue differences in his alts. I thought of doing that for Blaze while giving one that is more different like how Sonic had a silver alt in SSB4.

Mewtwo could also be compared to this where the main body doesn't change much but the tail does with the exception of the 8th alt where the whole body and tail is changed to be based off of Shadow Lugia, I wanted to do something similar and base it off of Cream the Rabbit.

These Recolours did not take long to make and feedback is appreciated. Feel free to take inspiration from mine if you want to make your own alts for Blaze.
These are amazing, all of them, the different hues of purple are done so well. I really like alt 3, 5, 7, and especially 8. You really did a good job basing it off on Cream the Rabbit. Alt 2 is wonderful as well too. As for making my own, I unfortunately don't have Photoshop, or anything close to that, but I'm glad you shared your alts they all look stunning.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Shame that Blaze only had major relevance in the Rush games. She has potential to be a really good major character for the series, but I suppose SEGA should figure out what they're doing with their main character first before branching out again. I just want the world around Sonic to have substance again, whether it's with Blaze's Sol Dimension or something else.

She's right up there at the top with Knuckles, Espio, Silver, and Eggman for who I'd be most excited to see in Smash. She has my support.

These are really well-designed! The subtle change in fur color is exactly the kind of detail they'd use in Smash, and each compliment their palette nicely. If these were the choices, I'd immediately gravitate towards using 2, 5, 6, and 7. Were any others based off a character? #4 looks like Marine and #2's palette almost feels like a subtle nod to Blaze's prototype design.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
These are really well-designed! The subtle change in fur color is exactly the kind of detail they'd use in Smash, and each compliment their palette nicely. If these were the choices, I'd immediately gravitate towards using 2, 5, 6, and 7. Were any others based off a character? #4 looks like Marine and #2's palette almost feels like a subtle nod to Blaze's prototype design.
I mostly took inspiration off of random images that I found mostly. I based #2 off of Amy, #3 I based off of a Chao, #5 I based off of Rouge. but for the most part, this was just for fun :)

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I mostly took inspiration off of random images that I found mostly. I based #2 off of Amy, #3 I based off of a Chao, #5 I based off of Rouge. but for the most part, this was just for fun :)
Oh, duh, I can see Amy now. I think the black trimming fooled me. In any case, references like that are always appreciated, and one idea that would work really well with Blaze if she ever got in is a NiGHTS palette. Sonic has his own, but it's really in hue only so I'm not even sure if it's intentional.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Blaze is my favorite Sonic character. In fact, the first Sonic game I ever played was Sonic Rush for the DS and I immediately fell in love with Blaze and her abilities. I support!

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Oh, no wonder #3 looked familiar, yes now I can see the Chao I should of notice it before. That's prefect, it just adds to the Cream the Rabbit alt, and complements it greatly, it would also gives us a good reason to play doubles too.

I was wondering if you were considering showing this on Sakurai's home page on Twitter or Nintendo of America?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Shame that Blaze only had major relevance in the Rush games. She has potential to be a really good major character for the series, but I suppose SEGA should figure out what they're doing with their main character first before branching out again. I just want the world around Sonic to have substance again, whether it's with Blaze's Sol Dimension or something else.

She's right up there at the top with Knuckles, Espio, Silver, and Eggman for who I'd be most excited to see in Smash. She has my support.
Blaze still makes appearances outside the Rush games. She was a major character in Sonic 06 and she's a regular in the Mario and Sonic series.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Blaze still makes appearances outside the Rush games. She was a major character in Sonic 06 and she's a regular in the Mario and Sonic series.
06 is true, even if she has to share the role of major character with a lot of others. She was really a main character in just Silver's story, whereas in Rush+Adventures, she was especially iconic to the whole game.

The Olympics definitely show that she's popular since she's been in since the first, but it's also a spinoff series. I was more referring to the mainline Sonic games.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
06 is true, even if she has to share the role of major character with a lot of others. She was really a main character in just Silver's story, whereas in Rush+Adventures, she was especially iconic to the whole game.

The Olympics definitely show that she's popular since she's been in since the first, but it's also a spinoff series. I was more referring to the mainline Sonic games.
Yeah. She really doesn't have a lot of prominence in the series, but she has more unique moveset potential than the majority of Sonic characters.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Well it helps that she is the only female character that tied with Sonic in a fight, she's been in every spinoff so far, is basically Sonic's alternative self dimensionally speaking, and both Sonic Rush games did very well on the DS.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well it helps that she is the only female character that tied with Sonic in a fight, she's been in every spinoff so far, is basically Sonic's alternative self dimensionally speaking, and both Sonic Rush games did very well on the DS.
Yeah. Blaze's resume is pretty good from what I've seen.

Also, Blaze's chances are better than before. Knuckles is an AT and Tails is in the background on a stage. Her only real competition for the second Sonic slot now are Shadow and Dr. Eggman.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I also remembered that Blaze can teleport by using either Chaos Control, or her own flames, as well as fly and hover using her flames, and create swords made of pure fire.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I also remembered that Blaze can teleport by using either Chaos Control, or her own flames, as well as fly and hover using her flames, and create swords made of pure fire.
That's a ton of unique moveset potential.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well after the direct we know that third party Echos can now exist.

Here's hoping they go mad and put in all the Sonics.

Metal Sonic
Classic Sonic
Edgy Sonic
Mirror-verse Sonic (Blaze when you think about it:grin:)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well after the direct we know that third party Echos can now exist.

Here's hoping they go mad and put in all the Sonics.

Metal Sonic
Classic Sonic
Edgy Sonic
Mirror-verse Sonic (Blaze when you think about it:grin:)
I don't think that Blaze will be an Echo. She has too many unique attacks, especially considering her Spin Dashes are horizontal rather than vertical.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't think that Blaze will be an Echo. She has too many unique attacks, especially considering her Spin Dashes are horizontal rather than vertical.
I can still dream... from now until December 7th at least.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Add me to the supporters!

That depends on Sakurai's view of Echos

I'd take Blaze being DLC over an Echo

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Add me to the supporters!

That depends on Sakurai's view of Echos

I'd take Blaze being DLC over an Echo
Well, this post by P.Kat explains how much unique moveset potential Blaze has:
I would also rather Blaze be DLC than an Echo.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Applying for the support list. Blaze is much closer to Nintendo's DNA than most other main Sonic characters, so she shouldn't be passed over or underestimated.
Yep. Blaze actually debuted on a Nintendo console (the DS) and both Rush titles were very well received.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Even her Super form Is different, and arguably better than Sonic and Shadow's

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Even her Super form Is different, and arguably better than Sonic and Shadow's
Wow. That is nothing but pure awesome. That will have to be her Final Smash for sure.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The Pyrokensis easily makes Blaze an unique fighter. I don't think Sakurai would down her as an Echo just for the fire attacks that she would make

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The Pyrokensis easily makes Blaze an unique fighter. I don't think Sakurai would down her as an Echo just for the fire attacks that she would make
Yeah. Although many characters have fire attacks, Blaze will have fire based attacks take up almost her entire moveset. I don't think that she will be a fire-powered version of Sonic.

Durnt

Smash Cadet
She could have the Tension Gauge for specials like her side b(Fire Boost). And aerials could be some of the trick actions same with the up b(Axel Tornado). Wouldn't she be immune to fire like attacks?

Also thought would her b move being (Fire Claw) her version of the Homing attack, or rather charging up a fireball similar to Lucario's or Mewtwo's neutral B? There's also Burst Dash and Spinning Claw which is a weaker but with more range version of Burst dash.

I think this would be a good victory theme for Blaze https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw3O8Zwx3U0&index=3&list=PLosNHjOTFlJVfK5firb-Hm2IdqXiXOXTl

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
She could have the Tension Gauge for specials like her side b(Fire Boost). And aerials could be some of the trick actions same with the up b(Axel Tornado). Wouldn't she be immune to fire like attacks?

Also thought would her b move being (Fire Claw) her version of the Homing attack, or rather charging up a fireball similar to Lucario's or Mewtwo's neutral B? There's also Burst Dash and Spinning Claw which is a weaker but with more range version of Burst dash.

I think this would be a good victory theme for Blaze https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw3O8Zwx3U0&index=3&list=PLosNHjOTFlJVfK5firb-Hm2IdqXiXOXTl
Those are some good ideas.

Durnt

Smash Cadet
I gib my support. Plus this is dah 5th smash we need 5 princesses. I DEMANDS DIS!!! srs face >=|

Last edited:
Top Bottom