• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fierce Diety as both final smash and story mode boss

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
They really are not showing us his final smash. Many believe that it’s oni link, but if so, why hide it? My guess is because while the final smash is a cutscene, in story mode you can fight it as a boss.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
I actually believe something similar to this, too. We know that Dracula and Rathalos appear as bosses outside of regular stages, as we got a glimpse of only Simon fighting Dracula in a place that ISN'T the Dracula's Castle stage, and we saw a glimpse of fighting Rathalos on a stage without any ledges and with only one player. If Skull Kid becomes playable like many guess, Majora would make an AWESOME boss fight, if not oni Link.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I like how everyone is convinced that there will be a Subspace-caliber story mode in SSBU. I'm not saying they're wrong; it's just funny.

Having Fierce Deity be a thing would be fabulous.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I mean, I don't see anyone saying Subspace in this thread, they just said story and boss fights.

Boss fights are confirmed to be a thing with both Rathalos and Dracula having their own no-platform, walk off, non-selectable stages while also being able to fight them with only 1 fighter on screen.

So like it's not a stretch to think they are part of some story/adventure mode. Obviously I don't expect it to be as cut scene heavy or content-filled as Subspace.

Last edited:

Pit93

Smash Apprentice
I'd much rather see Fierce Deity Link as a fourth playable Link-iteration (he could actually be a Link that plays significantly different compared to the other Links), BUT I'd also take him as Yink's Final Smash if we don't get him as a standalone character. ^^

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I mean, I don't see anyone saying Subspace in this thread, they just said story and boss fights.
I was referring to people in general outside this thread.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Problem with this all is that the regular, adult Link already has a costume that's basically Fierce Diety Link. I don't think this is very likely at all...

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Problem with this all is that the regular, adult Link already has a costume that's basically Fierce Diety Link. I don't think this is very likely at all...
I seriously doubt a fierce deity skin means fierce deity can't be in young link's Final Smash. Toon Link is in the background of a stage and is also playable. The only time where I see costumes being impactful at all is in the presence of echo fighters, as it would be wasted costume on the original. Fierce Deity simply having an animation in the Young Link final smash would not warrant removing the fierce deity costume as he still technically isn't playable, just has a FS animation, I think it is 90% likely.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Pit still has a Dark Pit costume in Smash 4.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
In my opinion they should add CD-i Link as playable character.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
We need HW Young Link as his own character.

Its a need, fam.

Gon die without him.

;(

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I’m a little hesitant only because of the Fierce Deity costume for regular Link, but also because I’d love to see Goron, Zora and Deku Links appear in some capacity. I could see a final smash with all of them along the lines of Shulk.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Would be epic. One of his taunts could be "Gee... It sure is BORING around here!".

Would be 100% worth :)
And if he beats Zelda (or maybe one of the other princesses) then one of his victory poses should have it's text replaced with "Well excuuuuuuse me, princess!"

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, are you all disappointed ? I sure am.
In Young Link's final smash? I'm actually fine with it. It's one of the few hard-hitting final smashes even when weakened for the sake of the final smash meter.

Drvm614

Smash Rookie
NNID
DRVM614
they need to just make fierce deity a separate character. mm link that switches masks like pokemon trainer. that asking for to much?

1FC0

Smash Lord
they need to just make fierce deity a separate character. mm link that switches masks like pokemon trainer. that asking for to much?
That seems like a lot of Links. That would mean we have BotW Link, Toon Link, and 2 Young Links.

Drvm614

Smash Rookie
NNID
DRVM614
That seems like a lot of Links. That would mean we have BotW Link, Toon Link, and 2 Young Links.
idk dude what IS the limit they have on this **** anyway? we have over 100 levels **** is insane. whos gonna replace sakurai? I'm throwing **** out there cause out of the 20 years ive been playing at this point literally ANYTHING is possible. this might turn into a bigger cult than comic book super heros. Mario, dr Mario, paper Mario, all 12 links, fox, star fox adventures fox, star fox assault fox.... ok u got a point lol. I don't wanna see 1400 pokemon n a smash game, but dude we ARE in the future. it might turn into a sandbox

1FC0

Smash Lord
idk dude what IS the limit they have on this **** anyway? we have over 100 levels **** is insane. whos gonna replace sakurai? I'm throwing **** out there cause out of the 20 years ive been playing at this point literally ANYTHING is possible. this might turn into a bigger cult than comic book super heros. Mario, dr Mario, paper Mario, all 12 links, fox, star fox adventures fox, star fox assault fox.... ok u got a point lol. I don't wanna see 1400 pokemon n a smash game, but dude we ARE in the future. it might turn into a sandbox
They could add 4 Links I completely agree. Personally I find 3 Links to be a lot already. Though it would be a bit weird to have MM Link since he is the same Link as Young Link. I would prefer CDi Link anyway. But since Nintendo wants us to forget that CDi Zelda ever happened they probably will not be adding CDi Link anytime soon.

Top Bottom