• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fierce Deity Link (My personal Hail Mary)

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes a video game has a character that's so cool that, when you're done playing with that character, you're left wanting MORE. This was the case with Geno in Mario RPG. Geno was too awesome. Everybody wanted to see Geno again. People BEGGED for Geno to be brought into Smash. And I have that same feeling with the Fierce Deity from Majora's Mask. I understand FD Link is finally playable again in Hyrule Warriors, but I've never played Hyrule Warriors because it doesn't seem like the kind of game i'd enjoy...just a bunch of glitzy hack 'n' slash action. But I've always thought the right place to bring back the Fierce Deity is in the Smash Bros Universe. We could finally scratch that itch we've had since we finished MM and thought, "That's IT?! There's this awesome mask and we only get to use it when the whole thing is over?!"

FD Link, i'll admit IS a longshot. But I would LOVE to play as FD Link in the next Smash Bros.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Would FDL be different/unique enough to warrant his inclusion or would he be included as a clone? What are your ideas for a move set?

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
I'd be okay with him as a semi-clone of Ike. So far the only moves I could figure he'd have is a projectile beam as his neutral-B, and his up-B could borrow from Link, a rising spin attack. It is hard to try and imagine original moves with how many sword characters there already are. But they did a decent job with Cloud and Ike. Just one more two-handed sword wouldn't be superfluous.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Too be honest; I'd like Young Link to return and get the Masks (Deku, Goron, & Zora) for his move set and have Fierce Deity be his Final Smash. That would be in my opinion our best bet at having the true Fierce Deity be playable.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'd be okay with him as a semi-clone of Ike. So far the only moves I could figure he'd have is a projectile beam as his neutral-B, and his up-B could borrow from Link, a rising spin attack. It is hard to try and imagine original moves with how many sword characters there already are. But they did a decent job with Cloud and Ike. Just one more two-handed sword wouldn't be superfluous.
Up B should be more akin to Meta Knight's drill (only upwards), IMO, following the corkscrew design of the weapon.
Neutral B would be the slow moving projectiles that he fires from his sword when zed targetting. They hang around a while and home in.
Side B would be the classic beam attack from a Link at full health. Long range, fast and multihitting but weak, slow cooldown and little to no knockback.

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
Too be honest; I'd like Young Link to return and get the Masks (Deku, Goron, & Zora) for his move set and have Fierce Deity be his Final Smash. That would be in my opinion our best bet at having the true Fierce Deity be playable.
Well, are you suggesting FD Link as a final smash has a limited array of moves or a fully fleshed out range of attacks? If you're going to build an entire move set that's only accessible for a brief amount of time, isn't that kind of a waste of all that effort? Also, if FD Link was a final smash transformation, it wouldn't really scratch the itch players like me have had to play FD Link again. It would be another tease. I demand satisfaction!

Top Bottom