• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Life sucks.

Didn't know I wasn't going to have a car tonight. Mother took it to get the paint redone. Didn't know she was going to take it to work. So now I am stranded tonight.

Walked by a door knob and my ipod headphones got caught on it and they ripped in half.

Friend told me he was going to the movies tonight and asked me if I wanted to go, thinking I could drive myself. He then found out I couldn't drive and now I can no longer go.

Gnite Fox boards, I'm going to go brood and sleep for a little bit.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Hey truth hurts Light. The blue one wins harder than the annoying fox with the laser pistol. Unless he's on MUGEN.
You only say this because you suck with Fox. QUITTER. REAL PEOPLE OF A CERTAIN UNNAMED ETHNICITY DON'T QUIT (nowai).

DarkAura

Smash Lord
dont give me that no fox players bullcrap. i attribute the lack of fox players to his multiple auto lose matchups, and by translation, his not being as good or good enough as a character

people dont play him because he is bad
i want to shoot this guy so bad.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Fox is too goodz. I play like 2 rounds with Kirby, and then like 15 with Fox.

lzuzluzuzzzuzuz~!!~~!!!~!!

I feel better now for some reason. I think it was my nap.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
First off, Gentleman's rule is a rule that's in effect that says a stage may be played on if both player agree to it, even if it's banned. Second off, there is no rule in effect saying that DDD's standing infinite is banned. Third off, sheik's ftilt lock is escapable, not infinite, and doesn't work at any percent. Sheik's ftilt lock is legit on Fox, even if, for some reason, DDD's standing infinite isn't.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Standing Infinites are banned.

Would you consider Pikachu's grab and Shiek's Ftilt lock a standing Infy?
replace "infinite" with "bull****" and yes, I would. :p

well an infinite is classified as something 0-999%

these are just 0/25%-90%

however i guess you could classify it as an infinite because it ends with a kill move... but that would just be argued as a 0-death combo...
Yeah they're 0-death combos, I guess.

Though I still haven't felt the wrath of Sheik's Ftilt lock with Fox, so I don't know if it's escapable or whatever.

I wish we could remove them, but I guess we just...can't. :/
You could always ask your opponent if they'll do the chaingrab/tilt lock before the match, just so you know ahead of time. That could help and determine your playstyle for the match. XD

Curaga

Smash Ace
First off, Gentleman's rule is a rule that's in effect that says a stage may be played on if both player agree to it, even if it's banned. Second off, there is no rule in effect saying that DDD's standing infinite is banned. Third off, sheik's ftilt lock is escapable, not infinite, and doesn't work at any percent. Sheik's ftilt lock is legit on Fox, even if, for some reason, DDD's standing infinite isn't.
Ah alrighty; well we've been using Gman rule as a No Standing Infy agreement in FL.

Well I'm speaking strictly from the perspective of Fox.

The FL Gentleman's Rule is no standing Infinite;

With Pikachu, even if its not an infinite per say.. its a stationary attack that perpetually imprisons Fox and doesn't allow him to break free at all. The only way to break free from Pikachu is pray their timing is off and shine out of it. Good Pikachus won't have a problem. Although the chaingrab sometimes ends before 100% its still stationary and creates a one-sided situation.

Similar; but not quite as bad as Ice Climber's foot-stool chaingrab where they stay stationary.. grab.. throw.. footstool.. repeat until KO as well as with DK vs DDD

Maybe not so much of an issue with Shiek as its an attack similar to ZSS's d-smash which is unfortunate but certainly beatable.. but I seriously want this considered. Maybe global rules don't have to change.. but if a TO makes a no standing infy rule.. would this be considered at all?

I understand this is the most bias place for this kind of idealogy but I would seriously like someone else to look at this objectively and apply their input.

And btw: I rocked it for us in that Sonic thread. :3

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Yeah! You, Zhamy, and Fenrir did a pretty great job of sorting things out.

And I highly doubt Pika's CG, Shiek's Ftilt Lock, or IC's CG will be banned ever. If they didn't like the handicap idea, they certainly won't agree to this.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Yeah! You, Zhamy, and Fenrir did a pretty great job of sorting things out.

And I highly doubt Pika's CG, Shiek's Ftilt Lock, or IC's CG will be banned ever. If they didn't like the handicap idea, they certainly won't agree to this.
Perhaps the grab can be reduced to a certain percent, meaning it can only be done while doing 40-60 percent
at a time.

This gives free time for Fox to be able to come back in a sense.

All this is done behind the logic of "The Player with Most skill will win the match."

After all, tourney matches are seeded good stages are made and so are rules behind that philosophy of making the fight fair for both players and allowing the player with most skill to be the one to go on.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
the only thing fueling me in an olimar fight is my bitter disgust and hatred of olimar. i can never fight with olimar, his presence makes me suicidal in the game and in real life

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am a strong believer that IC chain grabs should be banned.
not really pikachu chain grabs or sheik ftilt lock, though.

Curaga

Smash Ace
Its fine the way it is; if I win a round I switch to Marth so I can't be character counter picked and if I slip up in judgment and face against Pikachu or Shiek I try my hardest and don't complain.

What I'm trying to accomplish is making the effort to hopefully level the playing field.

Say a standing chain is prohibited to maybe 2 or 3 grabs then .. it can still be problematic if you get regrabbed but you at least have an opportunity to make up for a mistake rather than lose a stalk for something as simple as spot dodging at a bad time.

Shiek and ZSS are fine.

IC chain grab should not be banned by the way, footstool regrab chain should be.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
After all, tourney matches are seeded good stages are made and so are rules behind that philosophy of making the fight fair for both players and allowing the player with most skill to be the one to go on.
It's true.
:(
Stupid borken game. gogo balanced brawl!?!

Olimar is so facking good. It's stupid how good Olimar is.
yeah he is 8D

until you get him offstage 8D

also this:

IC chain grab should not be banned by the way, footstool regrab chain should be.
why?

Curaga

Smash Ace
IC chain grab can be broken out of if you mash hard enough.. but you can't tech footstools.. so they keep you in one spot, grab, throw and footstool you with Nana. Your character can't tech so he just gets up normally with no control right into another grab where they repeat until death.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mashing out can only be accomplished at low percents, and even then it's not consistently.
you can DI the footstool>regrab, i'm pretty sure.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
icies cg is simpler than that for fox. dthrow > bthrow repeat.

but you can't ban pika cg or sheik. What is the limit? Other characters only take 4 hits before they get out. Some are unaffected. Some get out 10% before fox does. You could limit to maybe 5 regrabs or something but you couldn't all out ban it because that would totally mess up a character for 1 thing.

that'd be like banning falcos cg to spike

I want icies cg to be banned for personal preference but I don't think thats fair to icies.There are ways around it, and once they are desynched, they become easier to kill. Icies would be complete poo poo without it.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
ice climbers desynchs are enough to keep them in mid tier at least, banning their CGs wouldn't take away their viability, imo.
their chain grabs work on 36.5/37 characters and the only way to get around it is to kill nana, which is only slightly easier than killing popo.
and once you kill nana killing popo isn't far away.
re-welcome complete ice climbers. :/

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I support the movement to ban TJoe.

Signatures:
-Zhamy
-TJoe

OH LOOK HOW DID THAT HAPPEN

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You can't ban him, he is with Krillin on the Flying Nimbus :[

That means he's purehearted!