• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
wow, i just dodged a bullet today.
i thought i lost my phone at the movie theater but managed to find it in a friends car a day later.
i was starting to freak out, i use that phone for everything.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
You gotta keep in mind, MogX + TKD are friends and play together all the time, soooo yeah.

I actually had to face my friend in tourney once, and I went Jigglypuff + Link xD

M@v

Subarashii!
Its pretty much that deal if you play someone almost every day, you know eachother inside and out, regardless how good/bad you are. So sometimes pulling out a character you use less often vs them is a good move. Or a random cp.

M@v

Subarashii!
Fox has been slowly creeping up. If it wasnt for the 3 LOLish matchups he had, he would be in C tier on the current tier list.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Sheik poos on Fox. I played that match-up for like 7 hours straight with Judo. I got nowhere. At the most 2 stock high percents and I ran and lasered like CRAZY. It's pretty much unwinnable. Stop being in denial.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
NKB, you know better. Iblis, you're a lost cause. Just because TKD and Zeton **** Fox's **** matchups, doesn't mean you can. You are not good by association. True facts. If that were the case I'd be one of the top players in the MW because I play with OS, Kel and Lain and the like.

Sheik is a **** match-up
Pika is a **** match-up
IC's is a **** match-up
MK is a **** match-up

Face it.

/realitycheck

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Lack of skill can be a very good reason as to why a character isn't doing better against another character. What is a character without skill... a pawn perhaps. The moral of the story is: stop playing Fox like a pawn and start playing him like a queen. Queen Fox is what we shall call our best Fox. Destroy the Pawn Fox within you and make him a queen! Not a king though. Kings are all flash and no power as they cannot advance very far but look like the coolest piece on the board. Don't be a king. Dedede is an exception. The other moral of the story is: you're all sheep. Playing Fox the same way and trying to make the sheep like the other sheep in the big sheep herd. You know what beats the almighty sheep? The wolf! Err... wait.. no not a wolf, a dog! Yes, the dog commands the sheep. You must make your Fox top dog and govern the little sheep and scare off the big bad wolf who sometimes parades around wearing a mask and cape. This is your herd, this is your Queen Fox!

Sorry I just wanted to sound philosophical/random for a moment.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Kheldar comes from out of nowhere to say this.

ALSO Excel, can you give me Fox tips? Or can someone write a more recent guide? I want to use Fox for mid-tier side events (which seem to happen a bit here), but there isn't really a strategy guide for him since 08, which...lol everyone likes to say 08 Fox is bad so there's no point reading it. I just don't know a lot of general strategies for the character, I know obscure things and do well because I think I reading is one of the best facets of my game, and I also think I know how he works from the outside (AKA in match-ups against him), but I don't know how he works from the inside. In general, when feeling pressured, people revert to their basics, but I don't have basics with Fox. . . so if I'm not winning I get pooped on hard.

It'd be much appreciated, thanks.

DaomarIsBear

Smash Journeyman
there is only one good player for each character for most of the characters

however the top 4 or 5 players in the game are still me, ally, adhd, dehf, and then it's up in the air for who would be after that. Maybe some order of TKD/Dojo/Tyrant or something. It's pretty balanced at the top.

M2K just gave TKD's name out as a possible for top 5 best players. Just sayin'.

Top Bottom