• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FFC Omaha Tournament... April 23

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Not a bad tourny. I lost to Phat (I OWE YOU NOW TOO PUNK. YOU'LL SEE!) beat a random guy who may have been that X character (Commented on how fun this tourny was when I was playing, was playing with a Fox vs My Roy. 1-1 then I won the last one by just knocking the vulpine stuffing out of him.) on the boards. But then got beat by Mo...

Mo, you wait about 3 months. I'mma catch you. And I'mma beat cha. Just you wait. Hehehehe. I didn't do too bad, although most people didn't even watch my matches, because during all three, something bigger and better was going on. Oh well.

Leon deserves the worst in show though. He lost the second time to some guy I know he could beat, but some little girls ran through the screen and screwed up his concentration, and I'm sure that Leon could have got a do over if he needed.

Mo, if you need my number, it's 933-9570, though I'm on the internet alot, so your better off trying the AIM me or PM me here.

DYC

Smash Champion
Quit johning it up all the time and i wont have to pull out the No Johns on you anymore Mo. =D

I also hope Rezo enjoyed his initiation into the KS/MO group at the pizzaria. **** that was some bomb *** pizza.

The X

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by Sir Roy
Not a bad tourny. I lost to Phat (I OWE YOU NOW TOO PUNK. YOU'LL SEE!) beat a random guy who may have been that X character (Commented on how fun this tourny was when I was playing, was playing with a Fox vs My Roy. 1-1 then I won the last one by just knocking the vulpine stuffing out of him.) on the boards. But then got beat by Mo...
Yep, that was me. If I stuck with Fox rather than switch to Dr. Mario, it may have been just a tad different. Sticking with speed the whole time and then switching to power is something you shouldn't do.

Being that it was the first tournament I've ever been to, I was estatic. Never had that much fun in a long time.

We'll have to play a friendly match again next time, Sir Roy. Perhaps I can edge by with a win, if I play the cards right.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Hey guys!!

I was proud of my performances at this tournament, i placed lower than last time but, none the less, i can definitely tell i learned some stuff since last tournament!

I need to learn how to properly tech-hop off of edges! ^_^ Tacoom had the most brutal four stock on me, a lot because of my ridiculously horrible ability to tech correctly lol

Also learned how to play against a marth (Mo's marth <3) as falco, this was an awesome learning experience, next time i'll be ready :p

Hmm what else, nuthing really... tournament was fun! Love you guys!! :D

Until next time! :D

Oh rite rite, I played under the name Jade this time... just thought i'd try something new :)

EDIT: And I chose ZIO'S PIZZERIA!!! i r teh winnar!!! :D

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
I'm still a bit lost about what happend to me. How in the hell did I nearly beat d-maks fox(I was beatin his *** for those who did not see it that ****) then turn anround and lose to one of the worst players in the tourny. Yeah some kids ****ed me up it a critical point in the match, but its no excuse. Should have ran right through that dude no prob. But its coo I'll be back at the next one. Holla Back

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
I went underneath my real name of Quen during the tourney, though that guy mispronounced it when my name came up the first time. I was a first match against a guy named Phat (You I believe) I tried my Roy, I think I got you down to one or two, and then I tried Pika and watched him get massacred. Pika cannot beat Sheik. Period.

As for Mr. X, as a tip, you jumped a little much. Roy's Forward Smash attack packs a massive punch, and becoming predictable isn't a good idea, espicially for such a light character.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
I went underneath my real name of Quen during the tourney, though that guy mispronounced it when my name came up the first time. I was a first match against a guy named Phat (You I believe) I tried my Roy, I think I got you down to one or two, and then I tried Pika and watched him get massacred. Pika cannot beat Sheik. Period.

As for Mr. X, as a tip, you jumped a little much. Roy's Forward Smash attack packs a massive punch, and becoming predictable isn't a good idea, espicially for such a light character. Not a bad matchup over-all. Show up at the tuesday night thingy, and we could friendly for awhile.

DYC

Smash Champion
Originally posted by ThE_BaTmAn
I'm still a bit lost about what happend to me. How in the hell did I nearly beat d-maks fox(I was beatin his *** for those who did not see it that ****) then turn anround and lose to one of the worst players in the tourny. Yeah some kids ****ed me up it a critical point in the match, but its no excuse. Should have ran right through that dude no prob. But its coo I'll be back at the next one. Holla Back
almost beating anthony's fox is nothing to be proud of. his fox is el terrible. he's a ganon player. =D

and you honestly should hold off on giving advice until you know what you are taking about sir roy. jumping "too much" is certainly not a bad thing with fox. all of his good lead ins are from jumped aerials lcancelled into a shine or grab.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Jumping too much with Fox Can be good. Becoming predictable with it and not doing anything until after I added another 20% to his health isn't.

It's like that old school Animaniacs "Good Idea/Bad Idea." Thing.

N64

Smash Champion
Pika cannot beat Sheik. Period.
Mine beat Phat's. Muahaha. *runs away from an angry Phatgamer*
But yeah, I understand what you mean. I hate fighting sheiks in general with pika. Chainthrow is annoying, tilt->fair is annoying, needles are annoying, having fair and bair eat through your aerials is annoying, dsmash is annoying, and that blasted near-invincible recovery of hers makes me cry at night.

Meh, i'll give shoutouts tomorrow. I'm tired.

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
\As for Mr. X, as a tip, you jumped a little much. Roy's Forward Smash attack packs a massive punch, and becoming predictable isn't a good idea, espicially for such a light character. Not a bad matchup over-all. Show up at the tuesday night thingy, and we could friendly for awhile.
Just thought I would let you know Roy is definatly not a light char, marth is the light and floaty one, roy is the heavy fast faller.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Pssh I wasnt johning that much :-P

I'm disappointed in you Kansas people. You decided to go to a pizzaria without first consulting me? Luckily, you picked one of the best in town in Zio's. Still there is a better one :) Best in Omaha, it's like 2 blocks away from my house too but I don't go much cuz pizza is way more expensive than McD's/T Bell/whatever. Next time tho eh.

Sheik indeed = gay.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Originally posted by only1Z
Oooh yeah....Marth = gay......of course no one agrees with the sheik players.....
Agreed. Sheik is semi gay. Not all the way though. Pika's up smash = gay. N64 is a turd. I'll get you next time. :p

N64

Smash Champion
Originally posted by Phatgamer1
Agreed. Sheik is semi gay. Not all the way though. Pika's up smash = gay. N64 is a turd. I'll get you next time. :p
<3.

Ok, shoutouts. Pretty good tourney, though I did get kinda lucky in a few matches. No johns though.

Phat: Still can't believe I beat ya. You're probably the better player. But yeah, Pika is gay. He's so cheap & top tier. I understand.
Nice peach, by the way. Gave me a ton of trouble, and I was quite impressed. You should stick to her, methinks.

Mike: Good matches man. Sorry I had to go fox, but falco just owns pika. It was definately close. I look forward to playing you again.

Mo: Good stuff man. I could tell you were figuring me out throughout the matches. I was quite scared you'd take me out there for a bit. Keep it up, man, your marth was looking good.

Tacoom: Regardless of the outcome of our matches, I'm still impressed with your yoshi. I saw you get a few saves on Mo in teams as well, good stuff.

Murn & David: Didn't get to play you guys, but your marios were looking good as ever. Nice placing Murn.

Baal: It was cool talking to ya. Your marth looked like it'd improved since we'd last played, and your ICs gave me a fair share of trouble in our friendlies. Keep it up.

Sir Roy: Rep the pika. He's kinda fancy if you stick with him, but it's up to you.

Dark: Didn't get to play you either. Good job on the double first, as usual. You've got SMYM. no doubt.

dmac: Arg. Your ganon is too good. I always seem to fall for your tricks. Seems I'll have to always be on guard against you. Good job with 2nd in singles, you earned it.

Z: 9 stock in crews. Good job. I got lucky in not having to play you, heh. You woulda won. Though...you did let an Omahanian into the top 5. I'll expect you to stick to your banner more closely next time.
Oh...and learn to short hop. I've heard it's good.

DYC: I kinda sucked it up in teams...again. That'll teach you to team with me, sheesh. We got 4th though? I guess that isn't too bad.

That's it. I hope I get to go to SMYM. it'll be so freakin awesome. All of you should go, all of you. so good. *drool*

Tacoom

Smash Lord
heh, I guess that sort of makes me a good partner. (If I can Ill eat you to bring you back) Mo let team up again at SMYM. I still think we can take out Dark and dmac :p

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Yeah we need to figure out this SMYM stuff SOON. I got word today that Mike is king of johns and he doesn't wanna go. He sounds about done the time being. Murn is still iffy. Right now its a wonder.

N64...you need to short hop with Sheik? Meh it's not even necessary. Hopefully I'll get you next time tho bro. Good match.

only1Z

Smash Champion
OmG, you have no idea what you're talking about. SHorthopping is the next step. All characters must be built.....shorthopping is so basic, that it becomes a challenge for sheik. That is my next wall to climb.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Vans as in the shoe? I've been wearing those Vans for 8 years or so.....then again I'm usually left out of the loop.....who knows....

Top Bottom