• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Feelings on pre 3.5 toon link vs now?

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
well.. 3.02 tink was stacked. they gave him a lot of nerfs into 3.5, but with the redesign on nair, he fills a very good offensive niche at the moment. i personally love tinks playstyle. he can play campy if he needs, but he has lots of tools to pressure, and massive combos once hes gotten a hit off. i love trying to land his spike too, it gives you a very rewarding option to attempt to land.

steakhouse

Smash Apprentice
Overall feels less bull****. Downthrow was hoo-hah levels of stupid (up throw still kinda is), backair was absolutely ridiculous for comboing, so was up-smash (double hit and its knockback values made it too good at juggling). TL feels more legit and rewards precision better now. He's still in the upper half of the character list, and is just less bull****. He's in a good place now ; except maybe his recovery. That or I haven't met someone who can gimp it.

I just think you can come back from too much still.

TL;DR : is better nao but recovery and upthrow still a bit strong. This could not be a problem if PM takes the 64 approach (everyone is OP) or aspires to be balanced towards the bottom rather than the top

Tristan's Rule

The Link of SoCal
Slippi.gg
RULE#492
I never played 2.6 Tink, but I played 3.02 and at tims that was stupid as ****, i feel as of right now Tink is perfect or really close to it and really shouldn't be changed at all

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I didn't really play Tink in 3.02. Didn't like he felt to play in 3.02 so I stayed away from him for the most part.

3.5 Tink just felt right and perfect though and ended up becoming my main.

Top Bottom