• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Feeding Amiibos impacts Master Orders CPUs?!

David Wonn

Smash Ace
This is my most bizarre discovery in this game so far. I was busy feeding my Amiibos, equipping them all with bonus abilities like home run bats, and then I let them fight for a while. I would then collect the gifts they gave me after their unattended fight. I decided to then jump onto Master Orders to pick up some other equipment, but then I noticed something strange....

Everyone I fought had a home run bat equipped!

I knew right away I had to record it, so check the link above. Seeing is believing. As I fought further, I noticed that CPU Shulk had the same special abilities as one of my Amiibos! At first I thought it was a series of unrelated glitches but then it seemed too coincidental. Could it be that the bonus effects you feed your Amiibos show up in Master Orders? It does seem peculiar that variables you set in one mode directly impact another, but then again Melee was plagued with such glitches in Cruel Melee with one character's records transferring to another. Maybe negative bonus effects can make Master Orders easier? We could be just scratching the surface....

Last edited:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
^

I am 100% positive they were not supposed to be equipped with bats. Watch the videos in my links above again and you will see no signs of it on the selection screen. I recorded other videos as well beyond the ones I uploaded to YouTube.

Furthermore, notice how I picked tickets with the hammer icon, indicating items are on, in the first video. Then I deliberately picked tickets without the hammer icon in the second video, indicating that items outside of what you equip SHOULDN'T spawn. Weird, isn't it?

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Sorry, I doofed and didn't realize you posted links. :estatic:

That's pretty interesting. Does it keep after a reset? Does it work with Trade-off equipment?

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Yes, resetting the console puts everything back to normal. However, I have found how to re-create this at will now. I did an 8-player one-stock match with seven CPUs, and set them all to the same custom fighter containing a beam sword. I then went into Master Orders and sure enough, all my opponents had beam swords!

That's right; You don't even need Amiibos or 8 controllers to rig Master Orders anymore!

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Negative effects are confirmed. I set up a custom fighter appropriately named "Rig Master" with All-Round Trade-Off Agility Badge, Trade-Off Speedster Protection Badge, and Shield Degenerator Protection Badge, and did a quick one-stock 8-player smash vs. 7 CPUs rigged this way with Customs on, of course. Every Master Orders match has all CPUs starting with 90% damage and weaker shields. Stamina matches are a JOKE, even on the highest difficulty levels.

Naturally other negative equipment works wonders as well. Mix and choose; be creative!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new way to earn easy equipment!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Negative effects are confirmed. I set up a custom fighter appropriately named "Rig Master" with All-Round Trade-Off Agility Badge, Trade-Off Speedster Protection Badge, and Shield Degenerator Protection Badge, and did a quick one-stock 8-player smash vs. 7 CPUs rigged this way with Customs on, of course. Every Master Orders match has all CPUs starting with 90% damage and weaker shields. Stamina matches are a JOKE, even on the highest difficulty levels.

Naturally other negative equipment works wonders as well. Mix and choose; be creative!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new way to earn easy equipment!
Just tried it out - works beautifully. I got everyone starting at 90%, so I just have to kill them fast. Great find!

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Now that this glitch has truly evolved into something bigger than the initial finding, I really wish I could change the topic title to something like "How to rig Master Orders in your favor via 8P glitch" or something like the title in my YouTube video. Mods?

Here are some additional findings as I have been thoroughly analyzing this new, overpowered discovery:

1. If you set up your rigged 8P match, and then play a 4P game with friends online (even with custom fighters turned OFF), then that may reset players 2, 3, and 4 in Master Orders. Any tickets with more players will still maintain your overridden settings for P5 through P8. What is awesome about this is if you select a 4 vs. 4 ticket, your teammates will be normal, while your opponents in slots 5 through 8 will still be rigged, so that these tickets will be a breeze.

2. If you plan to just give your opponents as much damage as possible, without penalizing other attributes such as shields, jump height, run speed, etc. then you want to create a custom fighter with two All-Round Trade-Off pieces of equipment and one Trade-Off equipment. This will rig your opponents to always start out with 105% DAMAGE! Why not three All-Rounds? As it turns out, when you stack two or more of the same type of equipment, subsequent effects are drastically reduced. Therefore it is best to diversify equipment.

3. It is possible to go into stamina tickets, even on Intense difficulty, where the starting hit points are actually LESS THAN 105 HP. If your rigged opponents already start at 105% damage and the ticket states they start at 100 HP, then the game does not give them negative hit points. Instead, everyone starts at ONE HIT POINT! That's right; you can sneeze on them and they are dead. So much for Intense difficulty! It is even more hilarious if players start with flowers on their heads, as these tickets will be cleared faster than any other ticket out there.

4. Saving a replay of your rigged 8P match, turning off the console and back on, and then watching that replay unfortunately does not set up the rigged matches as I had hoped it would, since I had a ten-second match that would've streamlined the process. Therefore you always need to play one rigged 8P match live each time you turn the console on, but fortunately that shouldn't take more than half a minute if you set it to one stock.

5. I would not be surprised if this gets patched in the future, so enjoy this glitch while you can! I really hope that version 1.03 does not patch this severe flaw. If it does, please let me know a.s.a.p. so that I can keep my system offline for a long time. I'd rather continue tinkering with this than having new DLC fighters to be quite honest, given the choice if I have to.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Reminds me of a glitch in Age of Empires two where if you played Deathmatch mode then played campaign mode you'd get deathmatch mode resources in the campaign mode, making the game super easy.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing to check, does it apply to the CPU levels too? I tried this glitch out and it seemed to work really well to the point that the CPUs were as dumb as bricks.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
^

I tested a quick one-stock match vs. 7 CPUs set at level 9 just to be sure. The Master Orders tickets after that weren't any harder from what I could tell. The main reason I set them to level 1 in the video was for sake of brevity.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
This looks interesting but I don't completely understand what exactly the glitch affects. Is it just the opponents? Or can you also rig Master Orders to spawn specific equipment to unlock?

David Wonn

Smash Ace
It essentially rigs the bonus effects on any or all opponents in Master Orders. In doing so, some tickets are ridiculously easy (especially stamina tickets!), even on Very Hard or Intense tickets. As long as you have any fighter that has any equipment which can alter their starting damage, jump height, run speed, or anything else that can negatively impact them in your favor, then you are all set.

While this glitch does not directly rig what equipment you earn, it does make it a lot easier, depending on which equipment you use on your rigged fighter in 8-player smash.

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
This is amazing, thank you OP! I like Glitches like these, because they can be used most of the time to "setup" different things!

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Oh my gosh.

I hope this hasn't been discovered too late. I mean, the patch's coming up.
This is precisely why I am disabling auto-updates on my console so that I can continue taking advantage of this glitch for a long time. This discovery is more important to me than any new characters ever will be. I will let others determine whether the patch breaks this glitch, while I keep using it offline.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
^

I really wish it worked outside of Master Orders, but the glitch is exclusive to this mode.

Strangely enough, this glitch can be triggered remotely onto a friend's Wii U! Tonight, I tested this with a friend who had barely any custom equipment. So I let him host a 1-stock room online with custom fighters enabled and then I joined in with two fighters rigged to start at 105% damage via two All-Round and one Trade-Off equipment on each. As soon as that finished, I instructed him to go to Master Orders with customs enabled (even though he had never equipped any of his fighters.) Sure enough, in every ticket he chose, players 2 and 3 were rigged to start at 105% damage! Using this, he was able to beat his first Intense ticket with little trouble, which of course led to earning much needed equipment to rig his own fighters!

Eventually he was able to get enough equipment to place one All-Round and one Trade-Off equipment on one fighter in order to rig one on his own console to start at 90% damage. So I then instructed him to start an 8-player Smash on his console with 7 CPUs rigged to his 90% damage fighter. This effectively overrode the previous rigged settings so that now P2 through P8 would start at 90% damage. I then had him go back online, hosting a room again, this time as 2 players. His main fighter was normal, while I had him rig his second fighter to start at 90% damage via customs. I joined as two players, occupying players 3 and 4 on his console, each with 105% damage, since he still did not have the means to do so. After finishing, I had him go back to Master Orders, and sure enough, I was able to rig the Master Orders fighters on his console as follows:

P2 always started with 90% damage due to his local custom rigged fighter.
P3 and P4 started with 105% damage, since these were the ones I rigged in our online match.
Players 5 through 8 remained at 90% since he rigged those prior to our second online match.

So in a nutshell, even if you lack the needed equipment to rig Master Orders, you can have a friend online rig both P2 and P3 or both P3 and P4 on your local console, without overriding anything you set up for P5 through P8. Who knew such a powerful glitch could be transferable online?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Also I found out any allies also get negative effects. How do you disable auto updates BTW?

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Go to Settings - Internet on your main Wii U menu to disable auto-updates.

I have additionally changed my default Internet connection to one that is unreachable. Doing that or deleting Internet settings on the console ensures I do not get updated, but I am just being extra cautious. I will only re-enable everything either after I get enough confirmations that this glitch still works, or on the day when the next Kart 8 DLC comes out, whichever comes first. I never owned a 3DS, so updating Smash is moot for me anyway. Mewtwo can wait as far as I'm concerned.

As for allies, they occupy slots before adversaries. So in a 2 vs. 2 ticket, your partner is P2, and in a 4 vs. 4 ticket, your partners are P2 through P4. The easiest way to tell which players are in which slots is by pausing the game, then pressing R (assuming GameCube controls) which advances the game's focus on the next port.

You could specifically set up an 8-player Smash without altering certain players, like just rigging P5 through P8, but that only helps team tickets, which don't show up as often. The alternative is to temporarily disable custom fighters if you really want to play a team ticket, and then re-enable custom fighters to re-activate the glitch.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is precisely why I am disabling auto-updates on my console so that I can continue taking advantage of this glitch for a long time. This discovery is more important to me than any new characters ever will be. I will let others determine whether the patch breaks this glitch, while I keep using it offline.
You sure this glitch is more important to you than new characters/content? Like I'm happy it makes unlocking things easier but outside of that it doesn't seem to be more interesting than new content.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
^

For now the glitch is more important to me, but new glitch discoveries always fascinate me anyway. Eventually I will allow the upgrade to happen, but since I never had a 3DS, Club Nintendo, or any means to register for that matter, this latest patch is unlikely to be of any use to me until I have the means to acquire Mewtwo. Until then, this glitch breathes new life into this game for not just myself, but others as well who are also in a similar predicament.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Can anyone confirm that the glitch is affected by the patch?

D

Deleted member

@ Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 I just checked, the patch removed it. Good thing I used it to get about 10 or so customs before the patch, just wish I had known about it earlier.

Top Bottom