• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 28, 2015] The Official TGC #1! $200 pot bonus for Smash 4! (Houston, TX)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGC.jpg

Welcome to the official launch of Texas Gaming Championships! TGC is a professional video game championship series featuring the best players from around Texas competing in variety of tournaments to see who is the supreme champion. All TGC events will feature top player rankings in Super Smash Bros Wii U, Ultra Street Fighter 4, Pokemon R/S, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Mario Kart 8, Killer Instinct, BYOC (Bring Your Own Console) area, social gaming atmosphere and much more as we expand into other ventures. So come check out TGC, make some new friends and see some of high level players compete in tournaments in some of your favorite games!

February 28th, 2015. Please be at the venue by 10:00am for set-up, registration and warm ups. Registration for each game will end 10min before each event start time. There will be absolutely no admittance into any event after the event starts. We have the venue for 15 hours and these events may run until the 15th hour so please plan ahead by clearing your schedule for the entire day.

Le Jardin Events
17103 Bamwood Road, Houston, TX 77090
(281) 580-2547

http://lejardinevents.com/

The venue is offering us a customized food/drink menu at TGC. Chicken strips, burgers, fries, sodas, juices and other quick things will be available. The full menu, along with prices, will be posted in the next few days.

Though you are allowed to show up when the doors open, registration/practice for each event will end 10 minutes before that event starts.

Registration/Practice for Smash 4 @ 10:00am
Smash 4 2vs2 (WiiU) @ 12:00pm
Smash Melee (GCN) 1vs1 @ 1:00pm
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 1vs1 (360) @ 1:00pm
Ultra Street Fighter 4 1vs1 (360) @ 1:00pm
Killer Instinct (Xone) @ 1:00pm
Smash 4 1vs1 (WiiU) @ 2:00pm
Smash Melee 2vs2 (GCN) @ 3:00pm
BYOC tournaments (only games with 16+ entrants) @ 4:00pm
Ultra Street Fighter 4 2vs2 (360) @ 4:00pm
Food Break @ 5:00pm
Mario Kart 8 (WiiU) @ 6:00pm
Pokemon R/S (3DS) @ 8:00pm
Leave The Venue @ 1:00am

NOTE: In order to provide a smooth tournament experience for all attendees, each player may only enter 3 events at once.

Venue Fee = $10 and though it can be purchased at the door, it is HIGHLY recommended that you purchase your venue fee online at EventBrite. If the venue cap of 500 is reached, you will be turned away so please pay your venue fee online to ensure your spot at the event. Please bring a confirmation email or printed ticket or show us this on your phone to help prevent any registration problems.

Smash WiiU 1vs1= $10
Smash WiiU+3ds 2vs2= $20 ($10 per person)
Mario Kart 8= $10
Pokemon R/S=$10
For all other game prices and caps, please go here

Smash 4 1vs1 with a $100 pot bonus
1st=50% + 60% of pot bonus
2nd=30% + 30% of pot bonus
3rd=10% + 10% of pot bonus
4th=5%
5th=2.5%
5th=2.5%

Smash 4 1vs1 (128 players or more) with a $100 pot bonus
1st=45% + 60% of pot bonus
4th=5%
5th=3%
5th=3%
8th=2%
8th=2%

Smash 4 2vs2 with a $100 pot bonus
1st=55% + 60% of pot bonus
4th=5%

Mario Kart 8/Pokemon R&S each with a $50 pot bonus
1st=55% + 60% of pot bonus
4th=5%

UMvC3/KI/USF4/Melee/BYOC Games
See this link for payouts and pot bonus

All rules for the venue and any event you wish to enter can be found here. Please remember that all game rules are subject to change at any time so keep checking back.

TGC has a strict policy of ZERO friendlies and ZERO money matches once the tournament starts unless we have 20 or more full setups. A full setup is a WiiU/TV/Smash 4 or Mario kart 8. The first 10 players who bring a full setup will see half of their paid venue fee ($5) returned to them. Anyone else who brings a full setup will receive a drink coupon and/or other compensation. If you cannot bring a full setup, please bring what you can. Remember, the speed of any event is totally dependent on how much equipment is available.

www.hotels.com is a great source for finding cheap to expensive hotels. Just type in the zip code of the venue and it will find you all the hotels within 50miles of the tournament.

If you dislike spending money on hotels, www.couchsurfing.com is an alternative way of finding housing. You might make new friends along the way!

Finally, it wouldn't hurt to post in this thread to see i fellow players are housing for free.

"Official TGC event #1" Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1033314033352371

Give us a like on our home page at TGC: Texas Gaming Championships

Wanna be apart of Houston smash? Join the discussion and make friends here on SWF at the official Houston Thread

If you have any questions/concerns/comments, please post here in this thread or contact me through private message here on SmashBoards (Xyro77) or through Facebook (Allan Sims)

Last edited:

YellowRello

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YellowRello
3DS FC
4141-4335-8308
I'll be there!! Cant wait! Da Black Yoshi is ready to fight & CRUISE! in there for mk8 as well!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Geez, that huuuuuuuge list of games and venue cap...

This is gonna be fun and chaotic.

Xyro77

The venue is about an hour from me but its pretty nice/big so its worth the drive. Ill be there the night before the event (Feb 27th) and around 9am the day of the event to set everything up. If anybody wants to show up and help me move tables/chairs/set up equipment, you are totally welcome to.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Venue fee is 10.75. :<
I've been lied to.:applejack:

Last edited:

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
Hype! I'll be there. Count on me for a setup. Also I'll try my best to get there early and help with any setup.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Just signed-up :). I'm gonna be playing Smash 4 singles and doubles if I can snag a partner. I'm also looking forward to Pokemon since I'll have a team ready by then which I will also use for VGC regionals/nationals. Probably gonna bring a set-up.

Last edited:

GoldMegaman

Smash Cadet
another epic event i cant wait for. question will there be time for 4vs4 since you have the venue till 1am? would be nice.

d-man2292

Smash Apprentice
NNID
d-man2292
this is gonna be intense, looking forward to it! last time i was in houston for a tourney was for whobo MLG

Xyro77

this is gonna be intense, looking forward to it! last time i was in houston for a tourney was for whobo MLG
I'm sorry that was your last experience here.

The TGC series is something totally new and smash 4 is MUCH BIGGER than brawl was at WHOBO last time.

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
I noticed when signing up via EventBrite that it asks what tournaments you're joining... does that kind of guarantee you a spot in them, or will you get screwed if the cap is reached before your place in line at the tourney?

Xyro77

Since you are only paying for venue on eventbrite, the question about "what events are you entering" is pretty much worthless.

@ Airbrush_King Airbrush_King can answer your question fully but from my understanding there is nothing guaranteeing you a spot in any individual event, only the venue.

If this system ends up being a problem, I'll make sure it's changed.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
I noticed when signing up via EventBrite that it asks what tournaments you're joining... does that kind of guarantee you a spot in them, or will you get screwed if the cap is reached before your place in line at the tourney?
The question thats being asked is for us to know what to expect when the tournament happens. The past 2 Road to TGC events we didnt know what games people were thinking about entering so for the official TGC and future TGC's this question thats asked is a way to give us a heads up on what people are entering since we have added more games. Thats all its for and nothing else.

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
Thanks for replies. I'll make sure to be there at 10 a.m. in that case, lol.

Also, count me in for taking a setup again ^_^ My friend Slip is taking his as well, so yay! \o/ Anything to help make it not last til 7 am, lol.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
At the venue right now, sort of tricky to get here if you don't pay attention. It's kind of hidden off on a side road and there is a small sign that points it out.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Working on getting a very special out-of-state player to come to this. NO he wont be a diddy main lmao.

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
For anyone that doesn't have a full setup, you should bring whatever you can. I have an extra monitor that can be used and if you have a WiiU/adapter but don't want to bring a tv this will work out. I'm probably not the only one. We definitely need all the setups we can get.

GoldMegaman

Smash Cadet
im so looking forward to this event. are there any money matches happening? the kadin vs illmatic was hype.

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
Oh I forgot to ask is this place gonna have wifi for a stream?

Xyro77

wifi, yes.

stream, no.

TLOC should be here to record an offline stream though.

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Looking to get the time off to attend. Got second place at the night Sm4sh tourney @ PAX South as the King and will be repping him here as well.:4dedede:

Xyro77

Looking to get the time off to attend. Got second place at the night Sm4sh tourney @ PAX South as the King and will be repping him here as well.:4dedede:
Ya boi Slaps may make his way down for this :)

Yesssssss! Ike and DDD are super rare sights to see in smash 4. It would be cool to see yall play.

Edit: I think my special Guest might be ready to be announced soon.

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
I know it was a national and I probably won't have to tell you guys, but let's keep this from happening. It's one thing for personal hygiene to be important but be sure to keep the venue clean too! From my experience Houstons been good with this but lets keep it up.

Blitzus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4253-3622-3146
Will future events feature Project M?

PM is especially popular in Texas, and it can only be good business.
I'll likely still attend this one for Melee, but bear in mind that Project M is your best chance to get lots of TX smashers.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

I'll likely still attend this one for Melee, but bear in mind that Project M is your best chance to get lots of TX smashers.
Let's hope not.
And no, PM is not the best chance. :applejack:

Xyro77

This event is mainly Smash 4 (which is absolutely huge right now in TX) but PM and any other games can be in the BYOC section of the venue. If enough of yall go, a tournament can be held.

For the record, i don't run my events with business in mind. I not here to make money and i dont make money.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That automatically makes you better than 90% of the TOs out there.

Business + Smash = usually a bad outcome. Recent history has shown this multiple times.

Last edited:
Top Bottom