• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 28, 2015] Easton Smash Presents: Shots Fired! A Melee/PM/Smash 4 National... (Easton, PA)

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser

Easton Smash's first national tournament!
READ: IF YOU ARE NOT PRE-REGISTERED OR ON THE SPECTATOR LIST, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN. DO NOT EVEN BOTHER COMING OR SECURITY WILL FORCE YOU OUT.
Twitch streams:
Melee
http://www.twitch.tv/not20xx

Project M

Smash 4

Facebook event page
Registered players

LOCATION-​
Easton, PA is located in between NYC and Philly. Both being a little over an hour away. It's accessible by bus as well. It's right across the bridge from New Jersey, which makes it about 2 hours max from most New Jersey areas. (South Jersey is a bit further)

TRAVEL-​
Off the highway, we are accessible from both US 22 and I-78. What this makes for, is a convenient location for many smashers.
-We are also 30 minutes from an Airport. (ABE) which allows smashers from further out to access it as well.
-Those coming from Newark Airport or JFK are about an hour and a half bus ride from Easton.​

HOTEL INFO-​
This tournament will be hosted at the ballroom of the Hampton Inn.
-The hotel comes with free breakfast, pool area, fitness center, and a bar that will be open all day on Saturday.
-There are several discounted rooms available for stay in the venue($119), please be quick on this to ensure a spot as there is a finite amount!​

*Reservation number(610)-250-6500
**Make sure you say you are apart of the Smash Brothers room block or you will NOT receive a discount.

PAYOUT-
-1000$ pot bonus for Project M!
-Melee/Smash 4 pot bonus: with the 20$ venue fee, half goes each respective game's pot bonus.​

EVENTS (singles & doubles)
-Melee
-Project M
-Smash 4 Wii U

Last edited:

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
EXPECTED SPECIAL GUESTS
  • ZeRo
  • EmuKiller
  • Professor Pro
  • Neon
  • Armada
  • K9
  • Pink Fresh
  • ChuDat
  • Junebug
  • Nairo
  • Many, many more to come!

Last edited:

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
I'm really hoping to go to this. Lets make this the PM tourney that APEX should have been! Lets make this the biggest PM tourney ever!

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Just thought I'd update you guys on some new info:

There will be a $200 Pot Bonus for MELEE SINGLES AND PM DOUBLES

Imagine the type of stuff you can buy with that kind of money.

Griffy

Smash Rookie
word up mask look forward to seein u there. def tryna draw a big pm crowd might even raise the pot bonus when it gets closer

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
I was trying to call to reserve a room with the discount. I mentioned the event and they have no idea what I am talking about. Are you sure that is the correct phone number?

Vortex 4

Smash Cadet
I was trying to call to reserve a room with the discount. I mentioned the event and they have no idea what I am talking about. Are you sure that is the correct phone number?
Yeah they need to update this smashboards page.
Apparently it's being held at the Hampton Inn, not the Holiday Inn.

I took this from their facebook event page:
"HOTEL INFO- This tournament will be hosted at the ballroom of the Hampton Inn.
-The hotel comes with complimentary breakfast, pool area, fitness center, and a cash bar.

-There are several discounted rooms available for stay in the venue($109), please be quick on this to ensure a spot as there is a finite amount!

*Reservation number(610)-250-6500
**Make sure you say you are apart of the Smash Brothers room block or you will NOT receive a discount."

If you'd like more info here's the event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/618276034955930/

Space Mom Jojo

Smash Cadet
NNID
JojoMirabelle
I'm a Rosalina main from Massachusetts, and I'm planning on driving four hours to get here... because of the distance I can't be sure about the hotel, or if I can go at all, but I'm dedicated to making it happen and I'm bringing another lady with me >=) Smash 4 Doubles!

Xelha__

Smash Rookie
NNID
playmadness
I'll be there! This is literally 10 minutes from my house.

For further area information: there is a large convenience store just across the street (Sheetz), and about half a mile up 248 (the highway the hotel is on), there is a large shopping center with a Walmart and Target, along with several restaurants (McDonald's, Burger King, Five Guys', Chic-Fil-A, Buffalo Wild Wings, Applebees, and a steakhouse chain whose name escapes me). There's also a Gamestop in the plaza if anyone needs anything from there.

Looking forward to seeing everyone! :)

Vortex 4

Smash Cadet
Just continuing the list of things in the area: Arby's, Red Robin, Wawa, Wegman's (useful for those with dietary issues), Zoup, a Chinese buffet, and a few pizzerias. Also there's a sushi restaurant 1 mile down the road called DM Sushi.

Oh and the steakhouse chain is Longhorn.

Xelha__

Smash Rookie
NNID
playmadness
Just continuing the list of things in the area: Arby's, Red Robin, Wawa, Wegman's (useful for those with dietary issues), Zoup, a Chinese buffet, and a few pizzerias. Also there's a sushi restaurant 1 mile down the road called DM Sushi.

Oh and the steakhouse chain is Longhorn.
How did I forget about Red Robin? I love that place.

Space Mom Jojo

Smash Cadet
NNID
JojoMirabelle
On Facebook someone was talking about getting a carpool together for people from Mass/Rhode Island/Connecticut who are coming down (including me) so since this is an initiative thing, why don't we cut to the chase and just put down your name if you want to go and we can make a list. I can drive three other people there besides myself, and I might bully Rhode Island into helping with it too. They can't say no to me =P

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Columbus OH has two rooms booked at the venue, each with 3 people in them currently. If you want an affordable room for this tournament, come chill with us. If we get one more, it would only be $30 a person. Just lemme know!

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
Also open space in our hotel room. Currently we have Tetraflora from Salty Highlights & I believe Anther will be with us too. And of course I will always help anybody who wants to get better with pro level tips :)

Last edited:

Vavv

Smash Rookie
Mew2king's comments about being a fraud if youre only good in Project M are so stupid. This community is turning so much on a game that was made to help the community it makes me sick. Hope PM finds a new home where such comments and treatment won't matter.

Top Bottom