• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 27, 2015] Cannes Winter Clash (Cannes)

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman

I’m happy to announce that hotel bookings and registrations for Cannes Winter Clash are open !

LINK TO THE FIRST TEASER
If you missed the info, the successor of the World Game Cup will be held from February, 27th to March, 1st in the famous Palais des Festivals, with Melee and Smash 4WiiU alongside Street Fighter IV as main events !

Here is a recap of all the informations so far :

What is it ?
Every event will be bracket pools, then a final 32 players (for 256) or 16 players (for 128) bracket !

Smash tournaments :

1v1 Melee tournament (128 players - Might be extended to 256 if needed)

1v1 Smash 4 WiiU tournament (256 players)

Other tournaments :

Ultra Street Fighter IV 1v1 (256 players) / Teams (???)

King Of Fighters XIII 1v1 (64 players)

Guilty Gear Xrd 1v1 (64 players)

We are planning some side events, exhibitions, and even a Salty Suite ! More to come…

And by the way, I’m happy to let you know that [A]rmada and LLL.Jeapie are already confirmed !

Where ?
The tournament will be held in Cannes, in the Palais des Festivals where the famous film festival takes place every year.

Adress :

Palais des Festivals et des Congrès
Boulevard de la Croisette
Esplanade Georges Pompidou
06400 Cannes
When ?
February 27th - March 1st

Melee singles will happen on Friday until top 8

Smash 4 singles will happen on Saturday until top 8

Every main event’s top 8 will happen on Sunday !

Venue opens at 10am and closes around 8pm. Like every year at World Game Cup, party will continue at the hotel ;)

How ?
Two all around options :

• Fly to Nice then take a 1.5€ bus to Cannes (32km/20miles away) directly in the airport.

• Take a train directly to Cannes (Station is 10 minutes away from the venue)

• You can also take a flight to Marseille and a 2 hours train to Cannes but it's a long shot
Bus instructions for those landing in Nice Airport :

First off you have to be in Terminal 1.
If you're not, you'll find free shuttles regularly taking you from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1.

Once you're there, you have two options :

- You can take the 210 line directly from the airport's bus station, it goes straight to Cannes by the highway and is very expensive ! 20€/trip

- Recommended solution : you can take the 200 line in front of the airport. The trip is going to be longer of course but it will take you to Cannes for 1.5€ !

Here's the plan for the 200 line :

How much ?
Entrance fee is 20€/tournament (+0.99€ for online payment fees)

The registration fee will go up 5€ after January 25th !

50% of registration fee goes directly into the Cahsprize

(the rest being used to pay for the venue and cover expenses)

Cahsprize distribution will be 70%/20%/10%

Which means for a 256 players tournament :

1st - 1792€ (2292$)

2nd - 512€ (654$)

3rd - 256€ (327$)

And for a 128 players tournament :

1st - 896€ (1145$)

2nd - 256€ (327$)

3rd - 128€ (163$)

Registering link : http://www.gameslines.fr/shop/
Hotel ?
The City of Cannes made deals for you !

Let me introduce Maeva Cannes Verrerie Residence

This is where you’ll most likely sleep during these 3 days of gaming.
The hotel is located in front of the sea, and is 2 minutes away from the bus station taking you to the Palais des Festivals.
There’s showers, toilets, and even a kitchen in every room !
You’ll be able to cook your meals and save some money on food ;)

I know what you’re going to ask : “this looks great but, how much will it cost ?”
This is the good part; here are the prices :

And it's even less than previously stated !

For instance, a 7 persons appartment for 2 or 3 days will only cost you a little less than 11 € / person / night !

Breakfast buffet isn’t included or mandatory (and cost an extra 8€).
How to book ?

Tl;dr
What is it ?

A Melee and Smash4 WiiU singles tournament

Where ?

French Riviera : Cannes, Palais des Festivals (venue of the famous Film Festival)

When ?

February 27th - March 1st

Schedule : http://bit.ly/1uG7h9M

How ?

Flight to Nice + bus to Cannes

Train to Cannes

(for specific options, check the post)

How much ?

20€/tournament ⇒ 10€ goes to cashprize

Hotel ?

7 persons room = 11 € / person / night !

How to book ?

Registration link : http://www.gameslines.fr/shop/

Hotel : check the big post
Important stuff :

- [A]rmada,LLL.Jeapie, salepate, Tekk and Marcbri confirmed !

- Fees goes up by 5€ the 25th of January

- Link to the first teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4CtmJNy2bA

- Hotel fees : 11€ / person for a night !

Last edited:

cFive

Smash Apprentice
this looks sexy!
realistically, how many entrants do you expect for smash 4?

e: when will you add a confirmed list?

Last edited:

karunosaru

Smash Rookie
Hey guys.

It's karunosaru from Germany here, I just had to re-register because I can't get my old e-mail to work, but w/e.
Liva told me about this event and he also told me that he's going to be taking care of the stream for Melee.
So I already talked about this to him but I wanted to make sure there is no misunderstanding:
Is Liva going to run the entire Melee stream? And if so, would it be okay with you guys if I would do the commentary? (alongside other co-commentators of course, preferably people who know the french scene)

As of now I'm really trying to get as good as possible when it comes to commentating and my current plan is to not attend any more tournaments and instead focus only on commentating.
I've already worked together with Liva at the recent OMD#4 in Hamburg, so we're kind of used to working together.

Also, is there someone in the French scene who would be willing to take some time telling me details about the attendees?
Researching those can be somewhat difficult seeing how all the pieces of information are spread all over facebook, smashboards, twitter and every region's own forums.

Thanks in advance

karu

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Just bought my flight, so I'm confirmed.

Btw can we see the ruleset somewhere?

Last edited:

L!ver

Smash Cadet
NNID
Livastyle
Hey guys.

It's karunosaru from Germany here, I just had to re-register because I can't get my old e-mail to work, but w/e.
Liva told me about this event and he also told me that he's going to be taking care of the stream for Melee.
So I already talked about this to him but I wanted to make sure there is no misunderstanding:
Is Liva going to run the entire Melee stream? And if so, would it be okay with you guys if I would do the commentary? (alongside other co-commentators of course, preferably people who know the french scene)

As of now I'm really trying to get as good as possible when it comes to commentating and my current plan is to not attend any more tournaments and instead focus only on commentating.
I've already worked together with Liva at the recent OMD#4 in Hamburg, so we're kind of used to working together.

Also, is there someone in the French scene who would be willing to take some time telling me details about the attendees?
Researching those can be somewhat difficult seeing how all the pieces of information are spread all over facebook, smashboards, twitter and every region's own forums.

Thanks in advance

karu
I would really like to see you as a commentator on the stream! :)

Maruhai

Smash Rookie
I am totally up to do that, message me (preferably on Twitter @MaruhaiFR because I never check Smashboards usually) if you're interested.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Tu everyone here : now that holidays and BEAST 5 are over Im going to update the annoncement with everything you guys asked for very soon ;)

Last edited:

karunosaru

Smash Rookie
Thanks Liva, I would really love to do that.
Any advice on how to get there without paying too much?
Also thanks to you Maruhai, I followed you one Twitter, I couldn't find the option of sending you a PM though. (I'm relatively new to Twitter)

:)

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
LLL confirm.
( our team is bringing the hype !)
more LLL SF players could very well join as well

SF:
LLL.Prey
LLL.MBR

Melee:

LLL.Jeapie
( LLL. Remen )

Smash 4:

( LLL.Mr.R )

SaiX

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there, i bought my flight yersterday
Surrealista, Daisuki, Max, and a few melee players from Barcelona will buy the flight the next days
from Madrid Trifasia is really interested in attending, I'm talking with other players from Madrid

Last edited:

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Nice ;)
If you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them here !

cFive

Smash Apprentice
how long will the event run on sunday? when will smash 4 singles start/finish?

trying to plan the trip >.<

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Smash 4 finals will most likely finish around 4pm, but I would strongly advise you not to take a plane too early, in case anything happes :p

Captain Jenny

Smash Cadet
I'm interested. Up for commentary as well. How is the weather in Cannes these days? Should I bring my bathers & maybe go on vacation for a week or sth.?

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
It depends if you're lucky or not !
Sea is like 10 meters away from the venue anyway ;)

Volya

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheVolya
Coucou Bseed ! Les plus belles têtes de Smash On Sud seront présentes :D

Do you have any info about the ruleset of the sm4sh tournament ? How many stocks, who win the bowsercide (and other suicide kill moves) ?

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
OP updated with bus info from the airport !

I'll be able to provide an attendees list by the end of the week, meanwhile don't forget to register ! Registrations will most likely end around the 15th

Greward

Smash Lord
I have been told ruleset has changed from 3 stock to 2 stock for Smash 4. Can't say I'm pleased with the change nor anyone from Spain is, we aren't.

Also if there are 9 stages legal there should be 2 bans instead of one, like in Apex.

Nintenpro

Smash Apprentice
I have been told ruleset has changed from 3 stock to 2 stock for Smash 4. Can't say I'm pleased with the change nor anyone from Spain is, we aren't.
The majority of french players aren't pleased with this change too. The TOs have decided on this :/

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
Leon told me he got in touch with Greward and talked with him about it. Do you maybe want him to make a statement here ?

Greward

Smash Lord
Yeah, he told me about the change, saying he prefered 3 stocks too but the staff decided on 2 so that's it. Main reason the staff is doing this as I've been told is so the tournament ends earlier and the stream schedule can be done... or something like that.

I just wanted to know if the whole french community did like the change. Just so I know if I travel back to France I'll have to play the 2 stock metagame or the 3 stock one. Since most of the French community prefers 3 stock I guess we'll see more 3 stock tournaments than 2 stocks in the future.

Daisuki

Smash Rookie
Hi, I might have a chance of coming if I can get my vacation approved, but I've seen the registration date was Feb 15th. Is there any chance I could get enrolled in Melee Singles?
And I'd like to know if is there any chances of Housing, since I'm coming alone and the hotels are pretty expensive for a single person. Also if anyone here is missing someone to fill the room ask me!
Thnx

Volya

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheVolya
Hi, I might have a chance of coming if I can get my vacation approved, but I've seen the registration date was Feb 15th. Is there any chance I could get enrolled in Melee Singles?
And I'd like to know if is there any chances of Housing, since I'm coming alone and the hotels are pretty expensive for a single person. Also if anyone here is missing someone to fill the room ask me!
Thnx
GamesLine tweeted that today is the ultimate day if you want to register for a tournament : http://www.gameslines.fr/shop/

Greward

Smash Lord
I want to know Mii ruleset. I'm expecting either they're banned or forced to 1111, but it would be great if 2222 and 3333 were also allowed.

Volya

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheVolya
What are the rulesets for smash 4 singles (allowed stages etc)?
On the StormArmada forum (french online smash team) one of the organisator posted this ruleset a while ago. I did the translation for you :
Best of 3
2 Stocks, 6 minutes.
No items
No custom moves / equipments
No Miis

Stagelist
Neutral :
Final Destination
Battlefield
Town & City
Smashville
Lylat Wards

Counter-Pick :
Omega FD
Castle Siege
Halberd
Duck hunt
Delfino Plaza

- Top 2 of each pool are qualified for the next bracket
- First match take ploace on a neutral stage, player 1 strike one stage then player 2 strike another one. Repeat until one stage remain.
Winner of match 1 ban one stage (Neutral or Counterpick) and loser will pick any stage of the list above.
If you ban Final Destination, any form of FD are banned too.

-If the match end with a Time Out, the sudden death is not played : The player with the lowest % won the match.
- If both player have the exact same %, one more mach with 1stock and 2min is played, on the same stage as before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom