• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 22, 2015] Sm4sh Team Day - 2v2, 3v3, and Amiibo side event (Houston, TX)

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, Krebs here. Admin of Houston Smash 4. I'm making this post mainly as a place to put the long ruleset and payouts, if you have any questions, your best bet is this page, and in the Facebook group "Houston Smash 4".

With somewhat of a Houston tournament drought, and last minute preparation needed for TGC. It is my pleasure to present Sm4sh Team Day! Hosted by Krebs with GameGuys as our Smash dedicated venue.

This event will be Sunday, February 22nd. The day after the Austin and San Antonio monthly tournaments.
It will be a Sunday all day tournament, with SERIOUS 2v2, 3v3, and an Amiibo side event.

SCHEDULE

11:00am Friendlies open up and registration for all events begin

1:00pm Doubles Registration ends
1:30pm Doubles begins

4:30pm Triples Registration ends
5:00pm Triples begins

7:30pm Amiibo registration ends, Amiibo tourney begins

Venue closes at midnight, however will stay open in case events do not reach conclusion. (Highly unlikely)

Fees
$5 Venue
$5 Doubles (per player)
$5 Triples (per player)
$2 Amiibo tourney (Winner take all)

PAYOUT
(100% payout of doubles, triples, and Amiibo fees)

DOUBLES
7 Teams or less
Winner take all

8 to 15 Teams
1st 60%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%

16 teams or more
1st 55%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 5%

32 teams or more
1st 50%
2nd 20%
3rd 12%
4th 8%

5th 5%
5th 5%

There will be two fifth place teams, and at 32 teams EACH MEMBER will get $8 each.
With 32 teams 1st place would be rewarded $80 a player.

TRIPLES
5 Teams or less
Winner take all

6 to 11 teams
1st 75%
2nd 25%

12 teams or more
1st 60%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%

Amiibo 1v1 Tourney - Owner of winning amiibo wins it all

MATCH LENGTH:
Doubles and Triples
Best 2 out of 3
Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals are Best 3 out of 5

Amiibo Tournament
Best of 1
Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals are best 2 out of 3

DOUBLES RULESET
Stage List
Starters:

• BattleField
  • Smashville
  • Town and City
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Final Destination
Counterpicks:
  • Wuhu Island
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Skyloft
  • Duck Hunt
  • Halberd
  • Castle Siege
  • Kongo Jungle 64
  • Any Omega stage (banning this also bans FD for that pick)
Stage Striking order:
1-2-pick for starters and TWO bans for the winner after that for every game
3 Stocks
7 Minute Time Limit
Items set to “Off” and “None”
Equipment is banned
Custom moves are banned
Pause set to “Off”
Team Attack set to “On”

Life stealing is allowed.

TRIPLES RULESET
Stage List
Starters:

• BattleField
  • Smashville
  • Town and City
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Omega Stage (Opposing team picks which scenery)
Counterpicks:

• Norfair
  • Big Battlefield
  • Kongo Jungle 64
  • Castle Siege
  • Duck Hunt
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Pyrosphere
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Wii Fit Studio
  • Bridge of Eldin
  • Mario Circuit (Brawl)
Stage Striking order:
1-2-pick for starters and TWO bans for the winner after that for every game
3 Stocks
7 Minute Time Limit
Equipment is banned
Custom moves are banned
Pause set to “Off”
Team Attack set to “On”

Life stealing is allowed.

Amiibo Tourney Ruleset

FEED YOUR AMIIBO EQUIPMENT TO PREPARE IT FOR THIS, this side event is striving to have the STRONGEST, MOST BROKEN Amiibos battle it out. Since they are broken by nature without feeding.
Stage List
Neutral stages ONLY:

• BattleField
  • Smashville
  • Town and City
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Final Destination
Reminder: Amiibo tourney is BEST OF 1 until each of the finals, which are best 2 out of 3.

Stage Striking order:1-2-pick for starters and TWO bans for the winner after that for every game
3 Stocks
7 Minute Time Limit
Pause set to “Off”

Additional event information:
GameGuys has ~25 competitive gaming monitors, so those are not an issue for this event. However between me and GameGuys we only have 6 Wii U's + GC adapter.

We are offering a Venue fee waive for players that bring their Wii U + GC adapter + Sm4sh with everything needed unlocked. However, we cannot offer this if it is not needed for the tournament.
(Turnout must warrant the need)

Understand that since it is a teams tournament, by nature less setups will be needed.

I personally recommend bringing your setup because worst case scenario you could either not set it up, OR set it up so that we have more setups for friendlies. Its a win-win.

Also: these rules are subject to change but all edit notes and/or changes will be made clear here, AND in the FB event page in Houston Smash 4.

That concludes my info here. I urge you all to team up, carpool out, and see how you stack up against the other teams of Houston!

Captain's log 5:00am, Sunday Feb 22nd, day of Sm4sh Teams day.
Edits were made based on stage ruleset revisions based on examining this video http://youtu.be/paVtnHOCLi8

Also, due to high turnout predictions, precautions are being taken to adjust payout based on turnout. Percentages can be found above and ALWAYS have 100% payout of their respective event fees.

Last edited:

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Hmm. Should see if gameguys will post this on their facebook.. Also, the tourney isn't listed under southwest. I couldn't find it without the link lol.

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. Should see if gameguys will post this on their facebook.. Also, the tourney isn't listed under southwest. I couldn't find it without the link lol.
Thanks yeah i'll add the tag when I can get on a computer later at work. GGs will share this smashboards page with all of this info as well.

S3R4PH

Smash Rookie
Ewww feed amiibos? Custom moves banned? Gross. Not attending! :p

Top Bottom