• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 22, 2014] DIME 8 Ft. Silent Wolf (Plano, TX)

AustinRC

Smash Lord
I'm going to wait till my white one starts acting a fool. That or I may break it out for MLG. Either way that controller has a lot of sentimental value. If like to not open it, but we shall see.

D

Deleted member

Wait, Silent Wolf is coming to this?

Holy ****, if I go to this, I hope I'm not in your pool lol

D

Deleted member

Why would you not want a chance to play against a well known player?
I'd rather ask him to play friendlies, then get 2-0'd against him in my pool haha.

(but yeah it would be pretty cool to play him, either way)

D

Deleted member

alright, time to bust some heads, split some wigs, and four stock a scrub named silent wolf. (not really, but you get the idea)
I gotta play your Falcon again, those friendlies were ****ing hype.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
yeah dude. anytime. I also really wanna play Gabe. I want to play his fox with my falco. last time I played him, my fingers were hurting and I had to play sheik. having no tech skill really makes you play smart....

D

Deleted member

Yeah, you can basically use gimmicks and little tech skill and be really good.

Like Hungrybox.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
hungrybox's tech skill is underestimated, those bairs are extremely technical. more technical than silent wolf's fox (shots fired)

Zhea

Smash Ace
Chris. Forget Melee, forget Falcon, Falcon, Fox and other things that start with F. We need to put some serious work into your trash talking. It's not a game to play low tiers in.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Chris. Forget Melee, forget Falcon, Falcon, Fox and other things that start with F. We need to put some serious work into your trash talking. It's not a game to play low tiers in.
***** ***** ***** ***** *** **** * * *********** ****** *** * **** ******* (more shots fired!)

seeedy

Smash Rookie
This is both a horrible horrible and also great time to be ****ty and new at this game.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Man, '05? I'm glad I didn't start then. Honestly, the newer players now have it good in the fact that so much has already been figured out about the game, and there's a lot of material to learn from. Chris, having no tech skill does indeed make you play smart :) but never become complacent

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Lol. In '05 we had no youtube, no livestreams, most videos had to be downloaded from the hub, and simply recording matches had to be done via VCR and then captured to a computer to be uploaded. The game was largely looked down upon by all other gaming communities, and even at MLG we were "the smash kids" sent to our little corner while Halo dominated. We grew up as a scene, and I can confidently say it's better than ever.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I didn't mean to be offensive toward sheik players or anything of the sort.
No, you misunderstood. I wasn't offended, I was agreeing with you. I'm just saying that even if you find yourself playing smarter, though, don't ever let yourself become complacent.

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
I wish I had "started" in '07, when the scene gaining further momentum. Too bad Brawl whisked a lot of us away. :p
Also, fun fact for the unaware: YouTube was actually launched in '05 (which discredits absolutely nothing about Sizzle's post, but yeah).

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Even though it was created back then, it was a largely unused for smash at first because of the restrictions of file size and match length. You typically had to be a large volume uploader to get any increases in those things, so that's why so many old youtube vids are one match at a time, cause you couldn't fit a whole set on one video. It was starting to become the standard when google bought youtube in late '06.

ill take you up on that lol.

i just bought my ticket, so im confirmed. i get there friday evening and leave sunday morning. see yo guys there! im flying into DFW btw. i think it was like 30 mins from the venue when i looked it up?

MT_

Smash Ace
Hype. Will probably go even if I can't make singles. MMs all day. I was supposed to MM Toph at Apex too but that didn't end up happening. Nice to have another chance at it.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
ill take you up on that lol.

i just bought my ticket, so im confirmed. i get there friday evening and leave sunday morning. see yo guys there! im flying into DFW btw. i think it was like 30 mins from the venue when i looked it up?
Neato. And yeah, 30 minutes give or take with traffic sounds about right.

Quot3

Melee'er
3DS FC
4253-4705-1339
Holy ****, Silent Wolf and Toph flying in to Dallas for a local. This is insane

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I almost want to get in on these MM, but sadly I'm broke at the moment. however, I have a full month to change that.

so far, I have MM against a lot of people.

Sizzle - $5
Hamyojo - $10, ice cream, and submission.
Penguin - $?? (he didn't say)

I would like to do an ice cream match against:
Silent Wolf
Toph
ARC (we didn't do it at dime 7)
JF (yes, again)
Anyone else that's interested.

seriously, if you're interested in having an ice cream match, just ask for PK-Thunder or look for a 5"7' black guy with short hair. (I will probably be wearing a blue hat though)

Also, if you're interested in a quarter match, I'm so up for it!!

Edit: where the heck are Tirno and Jake??????

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
I will contribute to the Get SilentWolf to Dallas Fund.

@ Silent Wolf Silent Wolf $5 MM Bo3?
@ RedGamer RedGamer 25¢ MM? I'm sorry about your Rubik's cube. I'll make my Yoshi better than Hamlin's to avenge you.
@Thin Mint 25¢ MM? Where you at? :p We didn't get this done at Tadeo's because you wanted dat Thoraxe thorax. You will pay....25¢
@ Sizzle Sizzle $1 MM?
@ A AustinRC $1 MM?

All these must happen on a recording setup or it's a no go. <3

Last edited:
Top Bottom