• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 21, 2015] Tampa Never Sleeps 5: Time To Smash - Guaranteed $400 minimum... (Tampa, Florida)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
THERE WILL BE A GUARANTEED MINIMUM PRIZE POOL OF $400 FOR SMASH.

Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/738310556260441/
Pre-Registration Link (its free, to help us plan accordingly): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VAEtyAoiQxBI7tuW9iHJW8NyBFCPitcs0KXzJtvT44A/viewform

TNS is back after a long hiatus to throw a new event in a new venue. Everyone in the Florida FGC already knows what this is about, but for the first time we will be welcoming the Smash Bros players as well.

For those of you that don't know, Tampa Never Sleeps is definitely for those who like to stay up late. We'll be starting in the evening and going til past midnight. It's a tournament and a party.

Details:
Date: Saturday, February 21st, 2015
Time: Doors open and registration begins at 6:00pm
Place: Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Address: 2701 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, Florida 33612

There is no age limit/requirement to enter this tournament, but there will be an age requirement to buy alcoholic drinks if you choose to.

Games
Super Smash Bros Wii U Singles
Ultra Street Fighter IV (360)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360)
Guilty Gear Xrd (PS3)

Cost:
Venue fees (door fee) are $10 for players or $3 for spectators.
Game entries are $10 per game entered.

Prize split will be
60%/25%/15% if less than 32 players.
50%/25%/15%/5%/5% if 33 to 64 players in the bracket.
If the game has 65 or more players, the prize split will change to 50%/25%/15%/5%/5% and $20 a piece to the rest of the top 8 placers (5th, 7th, 7th)

Rules:
All tournaments will be double elimination bracket.
All matches will be best 2 out of 3 with the exception of Finals (3 out of 5).

Smash 4 will go by exact Apex ruleset

Standard EVO ruleset for SF, MvC, and GGXrd.

Last edited:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
If you guys have any questions/concerns/comments, just let me know. Make sure to use the google docs link to pre-register, which allows us to plan better (plus its free). Also join the Facebook event page, already 200+ strong when I posted this :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Commentary game gonna be too stronk :laugh:

Please bring setups guys (monitor/wii u/gc adapter)

Currently 100+ pre registered for Smash 4 alone. Top that with 70+ street fighter and about the same for Marvel and Guilty Gear, this tourney is going to be serious. All of the talk happens on the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/738310556260441/

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Is it too late to register for this? I noticed RSVPing was disabled, and it seems like the bracket is already quite big.

Mr. Potatobadger

Smash Apprentice
For Smash 4, is a wired controller required? My personal preference is the wireless Wii U Pro controller, however I can use my gamecube controller if that is necessary.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Is it too late to register for this? I noticed RSVPing was disabled, and it seems like the bracket is already quite big.
you can just register on site. RSVP was only to help us with planning

And you can use any wireless controller but you must have it turned off between matches. If your wireless controller causes a setup to pause/go to menu mid match, you could face possible DQ

Mr. Potatobadger

Smash Apprentice
I'll be sure to bring my setup. I don't have a GC adapter, but I've got everything else.

Edit: Just found out the only monitor I have doesn't have HDMI. I'll still bring my Wii U, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom