• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 20, 2015] DVDA#7: Year of the Goat | Vegas Smash 4 WiiU Tournament (Las Vegas, Nevada)

BearUNLV

Esports Manager, Tournament Director
Double Vegas Down Attack #7: Year of the Goat
at GameWorks Las Vegas in all three Party Rooms at Town Square Las Vegas.

Hosted by Bassem Dahdouh (Bear) and New Meta Entertainment, LLC

Streaming by New Meta Entertainment, LLC:Twitch.tv/newmetastream
Commentators: TBA

All you need to do to register for DVDA#7 is using this new online registration form: bit.ly/DVDA7entry
Doubles signups: http://bit.ly/DVDA7doubles

Important Note: Entries will be closed on Wednesday, February 18th at 11:59 PM PST; any entries after that day will take lower seeding in their bracket pool and may be subject to a $5 inconvenience fee.

Schedule:
DVDA#7 Schedule, Friday 02/20/15
11am: Setup, warmups, & registrations
12pm: Everyone is kicked out & charged venue (except those with setups)
1pm: Start Bracket Pools A, B
2pm: Start Bracket Pools C, D
3pm: Start Bracket Pools E, F & Start Doubles Bracket
4pm: Start Bracket Pools G, H
5pm: Start Bracket Pools I, J
6pm: Start Bracket Pools K, L, M
7pm: Start Bracket Pools N, O, P
8pm: Start Top 40 Final Bracket
***10pm: Side Events during/after Top 16 (subject to availability of time & setups)
~ West Coast Crew Battle Cup (Single Elimination Bracket; 10v10; $100 a crew)
~ amiibo Fights ($3 entry per amiibo; 1v1, items off, single elimination bracket, 2 stock, customs on, equipment on)
~ King of the Hill ($2 entry per person; 8 player Smash FFA, Smash Ball On, 7 stock)
~ Crew Battles ($5 entry per person) [ran independently]

The Vegas Smash 4 WiiU tournament where Vegas Smash 4's Goat will be crowned!

Just a few notes before the FAQ:
+ Singles entrants is capped at 192 + 8 DVDA Power Rankers.

+ You can register to the any pool that fits your schedule, but please select ONE you can 100% attend to balance pools.

+ Once you've indicated a time preference, you cannot change it when final brackets are made after registration closes on Wednesday 02/18 at 11:59PM PST.

+ 16 total number of pools with a maximum of 12 people each pool.

+ Registration for a specific pool time wave will close once the maximum of 16 is reached per pool.

+ All matches in Bracket Pools only are Best of 3 including Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.

+ All Top 40 DE Final Bracket and Doubles matches are Best of 3 except the following which are Best of 5: Winners Semifinals, Winners Finals, Losers Quarters, Losers Semifinals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.

+ Top 2 (Grand Finals) in each Bracket Pools advance to Top 40 DE Final Bracket (32 entrants total + 8 DVDA Power Rankers); all matches will be played in bracket pools.

+ 8 DVDA Power Rankers from previous DVDAs that attend DVDA#7 will have byes from Bracket Pools and the 1st round of Top 40 DE Final Bracket; subject to Smashboards points attained from DVDA#4, DVDA#5, and DVDA#6.

+ DVDA Power Rankers [Smashboards 200+ Points from DVDAs]
1st: ZeRo [800]
2nd: FOW [600]
3rd: Lycan [560]
4th: AZHP K9 [360]
5th: Hino [360]
6th: Rich Brown [320]
7th: PSG SK92 [300]
*8th: NME Tyrant [260]
*8th: NME Xzax [260]
*10th: Z [228]
*11th: Dansdaman [210]
*NOTE: Top 8 will be first registered first served by their point status.

+ DVDA#7 Payouts for Top 8
1st: 48%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%
5th: 4% (x2)
7th: 2% (x2)

+ DVDA#7 Payouts for Doubles
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

DVDA#7: Year of the Goat FAQ:
1. When is it?
Friday, February 20th, 2015

2. Where is it?
GameWorks Las Vegas
6587 South Las Vegas Boulevard #171, Las Vegas, NV 89119
Google Map It: http://goo.gl/kbKimU

3. How much is it?
$20 total =
$10 Venue Fee +
$10 Singles Entry Fee

Optional Side Events:
$10 a team for Doubles
$10 a person for West Coast Crew Battle Cup (Single Elimination Bracket; 10v10; $100 a crew)
$3 an amiibo for amiibo Fights (1v1, items off, single elimination bracket, 2 stock, customs on, equipment on)
$2 a person for King of the Hill (8 player Smash FFA, Smash Ball On, 7 stock)
$5 a person for Crew Battles (5v5 or 10v10) [ran independently]

Venue Fee = $10 includes:
+ $5 food voucher to any item on the menu.
+ Happy Hour the whole tournament.
+ Unlimited regular & diet soda + water.
+ A 1 hour GameWorks Play Card to the many arcades at GameWorks Las Vegas. (A $10 value!)
+ More goodies.

4. How do I pay?
All payments for the venue fees and entry fees is at the venue on tournament day:
+ All entrants & spectators must pay the $10 venue fee, and it will be paid to GameWorks and can be paid via cash, credit or check. (Parents, guardians and certain patrons may have their venue fee waived; GameWorks will have the final decision.)
+ All entry fee(s) will be paid at the Tournament Organizer (TO) station via cash only.

5. How do I register?
All you need to do to register for DVDA#7 is using our new online registration form: bit.ly/DVDA7entry
For Doubles use this online registration form: http://bit.ly/DVDA7doubles

Important Note: Everyone needs to complete the form or else you are not registered. This includes anyone that I know who is coming. Please complete the form. This list will be shared with GameWorks.

6. "I work 9 to 5" & " I have class until 2pm (3pm, 4pm)"; can I make it?
Yes there are multiple pool waves you may choose from and they're listed below along with the tournament schedule;
DVDA#7 Schedule, Friday 02/20/15
11am: Setup, warmups, & registrations
12pm: Everyone is kicked out & charged venue (except those with setups)
1pm: Start Bracket Pools A, B
2pm: Start Bracket Pools C, D
3pm: Start Bracket Pools E, F & Start Doubles Bracket
4pm: Start Bracket Pools G, H
5pm: Start Bracket Pools I, J
6pm: Start Bracket Pools K, L, M
7pm: Start Bracket Pools N, O, P
8pm: Start Top 40 Final Bracket
***10pm: Side Events during/after Top 16 (subject to availability of time & setups)
~ West Coast Crew Battle Cup (Single Elimination Bracket; 10v10; $100 a crew)
~ amiibo Fights ($3 entry per amiibo; 1v1, items off, single elimination bracket, 2 stock, customs on, equipment on)
~ King of the Hill ($2 entry per person; 8 player Smash FFA, Smash Ball On, 7 stock)
~ Crew Battles ($5 entry per person) [ran independently]

7. What do I need to bring other than cash for fees?
BYOC (GameCube Controller or any officially licensed Nintendo controller) and batteries if you need them.
BYOa (Bring your own amiibo; if competing in a side event)

8. What is a full WiiU Setup?
A complete WiiU Setup [we need at least 24!] is:
+ WiiU
+ Smash WiiU
+ GameCube Controller Adapter
+ Cables to connect to a HDTV
+ A surge protector is highly appreciated as well.

9. Why should I bring my setup?
GameWorks will WAIVE the $10 venue fee!
For all DVDAs I make sure my Pool Leaders know to keep an eye on all setups and I let all patrons know that we are all here to have fun. Thievery will not be tolerated and by charging a venue fee for a majority of people entering the DVDA area; it ensures no random people wander in for your hard earned and loved electronics.

10. Can I or do I need to bring a HDTV monitor?
Although not necessary, we would greatly appreciate anyone bringing HDTV monitors to help with setups. For bringing a high quality lagless HDTV monitor, you will be awarded a bonus 2 hour GameWorks Play Card! (A $20 value!)

11. When does registration close?
Entries will be closed on Wednesday, February 18th at 11:59 PM PST; any entries after that day will take lower seeding in their bracket pool and may be subject to a $5 inconvenience fee.

Smash 4 Stage List & Ruleset:
A. Game Settings
● Stock and time are set to 2 stock and 6 minutes for Singles
● Stock and time are set to 3 stock and 8 minutes for Doubles
● Items off
● All matches in Bracket Pools only are Best of 3 including Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.
● All Top 40 DE Final Bracket and Doubles matches are Best of 3 except the following which are Best of 5: Winners Semifinals, Winners Finals, Losers Quarters, Losers Semifinals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.
● Custom Fighters are set to off
● Mii Fighters are legal. Each setup will have a 1111 Mii Brawler/Swordsman/Gunner available for use (Using Default A Mii). No other specials for Mii Fighters will be allowed. Players are not allowed to transfer existing Miis to a setup.

B. Stage List
Starter Stages:
● Battlefield
● Final Destination
● Smashville

Counterpick Stages:
● Castle Siege
● Delfino Plaza
● Duck Hunt
● Halberd
● Kongo Jungle 64
● Lylat Cruise
● Town & City
● Omega Stages*
*Treated as Final Destination in banning phase. If Final Destination is banned, Omegas are banned and vice versa.

C. Additional Rules
● Stage Striking: The player with port priority strikes one stage from the Starter Stage list. Then the other player strikes one stage and the remaining stage is used for the first match.
● Stage Clause: You cannot counterpick a stage that has already been played on in the set.
● Stage Bans: During the stage ban phase, the player who won the previous game may ban 2 stages from either the Starter or Counterpick lists.

Tournament Format:
+ Singles will have 16 pools run as a double elimination bracket pool where the top 2 advance into the final Top 40 Double Elimination Bracket; along with the top 8 DVDA Power Rankers.
+ Doubles will be a double elimination bracket.

GameWorks Las Vegas Venue Policies:
GameWorks Las Vegas does not allow outside food and beverages in our facility, but GameWorks Las Vegas does offer a full bar and restaurant with delicious American cuisine. It is a health-code violation to bring in outside food.

Last edited:

pluto

Smash Cadet
so if we sign up for the 3PM pool, we don't have to be there until like maybe 2:30 to register and get ready? am i understanding that correctly?

pluto

Smash Cadet
i registered man! although i'm an absolute flake and i cant remember if i registered for 2pm or 3pm pools, could you check and remind me? sorry about that.

Top Bottom