• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 14, 2015] AlfaCollusion 5 (OSU UNION!) (Columbus OH)

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Surprised you just aren't doing Miis like at Apex, but I don't even know if we have enough of them locally for that to matter anyways. Ok enough with the ruleset tho.

jonesy2828

Smash Rookie
I have 2 questions. My first is that I've never been to a tourny before and the only game I play is melee, will I get a lot of melee friendlies? And second if I'm only playing melee do I have to show up at 11 to register or can I wait to show up later when melee actually starts?

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
I have 2 questions. My first is that I've never been to a tourny before and the only game I play is melee, will I get a lot of melee friendlies? And second if I'm only playing melee do I have to show up at 11 to register or can I wait to show up later when melee actually starts?
1) Yes you can get alot of friendlies in Melee. There is usually a decent turnout for Melee at my AlfaCollusions.

2) I would like for everyone to show up by Noon. However if you are only entering a certian event you can come in before the Pools begin to enter. KEEP IN MIND, you will be running the risk of not making it in time. The times on the schedule can change at any time, even the day of, without prior notification. Also going back to the first question you will not be able to get much frendlies in after the Pools/bracket starts due to the setups are going to be used for tournament matches. So the eariler you show up the more frendlies you can get in before the start of the tournament (you might be able to get friendlies in after)

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Awesome! Nice to have a smash tournament literally 5-minutes from my dorm.

Also, not to be that guy, but I believe the location is THE Ohio State University Union.

Last edited:

jonesy2828

Smash Rookie
1) Yes you can get alot of friendlies in Melee. There is usually a decent turnout for Melee at my AlfaCollusions.

2) I would like for everyone to show up by Noon. However if you are only entering a certian event you can come in before the Pools begin to enter. KEEP IN MIND, you will be running the risk of not making it in time. The times on the schedule can change at any time, even the day of, without prior notification. Also going back to the first question you will not be able to get much frendlies in after the Pools/bracket starts due to the setups are going to be used for tournament matches. So the eariler you show up the more frendlies you can get in before the start of the tournament (you might be able to get friendlies in after)
ok thanks i will probably get there at noon to play friendlies before the pools:)

skiboots

Smash Cadet
NNID
skiboots
How do most ppl do parking (Street parking, pay at garage on campus, etc.). Just trying to gauge some options.

Thanks!

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Any chance anyone could pick me up from the Greyhound in Columbis Saturday and drop me off Sunday? :o

EDIT:Nvmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I couldn't get the day off for this, so I'm not even sure to come at all.

I can at least go anyway to lend support to Ohio against these OoS players.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Michigan will be traveling for this with a full car of Smash 4 players and likely 2-3 Smash 4 setups.

Ralph if you don't have a teammate I'm down to do double Sheik! If not I will partner up with a Michigan player.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Question: All I have is Smash for the 3DS. Will there be spare controllers or will I just have to use the connect to WiiU option every match?

Top Bottom