• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 14, 2015] AlfaCollusion 5 (OSU UNION!) (Columbus OH)

king luigi 13

Smash Rookie
My set up is (wii that can also pay GameCube disks) an HD TV, and ssbm super smash bros melee

lordofhockey

Smash Rookie
Is it required to be there at 10:00 am??? I tried to go to the Tuesday event and no one even showed up until 30 minutes later after the start

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Is it required to be there at 10:00 am??? I tried to go to the Tuesday event and no one even showed up until 30 minutes later after the start
Per the schedule, you're welcome as early as 10:00AM, but you're not required to be there at that time.

Typically the "required" time is within the registration window, which is scheduled to *start* at 11:00AM. No "stop" or "cut-off" time seems listed - presumably you'll want to be closer to 11:00AM if you're one of the first event (Smash 4 singles or doubles). If you're not planning on participating until a later event (e.g. Melee) you can probably get away with registering later - although it'd be polite to still register closer to 11:00AM to make it easier for the TOs to plan accordingly.

Last edited:

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Per the schedule, you're welcome as early as 10:00AM, but you're not required to be there at that time.

Typically the "required" time is within the registration window, which is scheduled to *start* at 11:00AM. No "stop" or "cut-off" time seems listed - presumably you'll want to be closer to 11:00AM if you're one of the first event (Smash 4 singles or doubles). If you're not planning on participating until a later event (e.g. Melee) you can probably get away with registering later - although it'd be polite to still register closer to 11:00AM to make it easier for the TOs to plan accordingly.
I couldn've worded it better

Sp33ls

Smash Rookie
So, I'm a newcomer. I'm curious about the SSB4 Doubles -- Couples ;) -- rules. More specifically, will friendly-fire be turned on? I'm assuming it's the same as melee doubles, but just want a verification.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
So, I'm a newcomer. I'm curious about the SSB4 Doubles -- Couples ;) -- rules. More specifically, will friendly-fire be turned on? I'm assuming it's the same as melee doubles, but just want a verification.
Yes, the rules are essentially identical (friendly fire on and all that jazz)

Suyon

Smash Lord
Want to thank @Ori_bro and Ksev from beginning to end. Want to thank @PeppyWil towards end of bracket as well. And overall to the CBus TOs. Lots of improvements can be made, but and feedback is always good. This wasn't the best and lots of bad things happened in the end. Lots of drama in our Facebook Columbus Smash group(s).

I'll be hosting a Smash 4 tournament on Feb. 28th. I am still finalizing rules and schedule. Location will be the same. We will be using the rooms that was used for Registration/PM/Melee and the one next door (right).
http://smashboards.com/threads/feb-...enting-tournament-trial-columbus-ohio.389550/

Top Bottom