• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 12, 2014] B.E.A.S.T 4 (Gothenburg)

Lolex

Smash Journeyman

Here we go again! After a year long break, we're back to host more awesome tournaments. We keep going with the Wednesday to Sunday lenght so that people have a place to stay before they actually have to be in place. And ofcourse because we all love what we do and can't get enough of it! It's a bit of a short notice, but we are hoping that it wont be a problem for you guys, and that you still have time to get off from work and book tickets and so on. We still want to break that record of 125 attending people, so get stacked up!
Tell everyone you know and get hyped, the awesome Swedish tournament is back!

RESULTS & SHOUTOUTS

STREAMS
English Stream

English Stream 2

French Stream

SCHEDULE
Wednesday sometime - Mario Party 5
Thursday 14:00 - Project Melee Singles -- Bracket
Friday 13:00 - Melee Teams
Saturday 12:00 - Melee Singles

When?
Wednesday the 12th - Sunday the 16th February 2014

Where?
Gothenburg, Sweden.

The Venue:
Nya Påvelundsskolan
Ängkärrsvägen 22, 426 77 VÄSTRA FRÖLUNDA

(Google maps)

Traveling by plane?
If your looking to go by Ryanair, you want to check for Gothenburg City Airport. From there, you take the airport buss to the Central station.

Local Transportation:
When you get to the Central station (Centralstationen), you take tram number 11 towards Saltholmen to Käringberget. The easiest way to buy tickets is to get to Tidpunkten, in the middle of Drottningtorget (Centralstationen), and buy your ticket there!
To plan your travel, use This site
(A small map on the surroundings will also come up here soon)

Stream:
I'm happy to announce that the crew of Salty Playground will be streaming B.E.A.S.T 4!

Make sure you like them on Facebook, follow their stream, tweet their twitter, youtube their youtube, balloon their balloon and all that!

Other then that, @Fauster Fayk will be holding and commentating a French stream on the side. He will be streaming on the French melee twitch channel, so follow that as well! http://www.twitch.tv/lefrenchmelee

Entry Fee:
Entrance: 50 SEK
Melee Singles: 100 SEK
Melee Teams: 100 SEK
Project: M Singles: 50 SEK
Mario Party 5 Teams: 50 SEK

Prizes:
Singles
1: 50%
2: 30%
3: 15%
4: 5%
5: Money back.

Teams
1: 60%
2: 30%
3: 10%
4: Money back.

Events:
Melee Singles
Melee Teams
Project: M Singles
Mario Party 5 Teams
Crew battles
Table tennis

Schedule:
Wednesday: Mario Party 5 Teams
14:00 Thursday: P:M Singles
13:00 Friday: Melee Teams
12:00 Saturday: Melee Singles
Sunday: Chill time yo

You should be at the venue, and have paid, 12:00 the day of the tournament at the latest to enter anything. Certain cases can be overlooked, if you contact either Lolex or Armada beforehand.

Melee Rules:
4 Stocks.
8 minute time limit.
Items off.
Bo3 Sets in pools and first round in brackets.
Bo5 Sets in all bracket games second rounds -> Finals.
Bo7 Sets in Finals
Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
Bring your own controller.
Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
Blizzobbling/Wobbling is allowed up to 300%.
Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can’t be agreed upon.
Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Neutral Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
For Best of 5 & 7 sets, there are no stage bans.
Team Attack will be ON.
Life stealing allowed.
No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn’t hold up the next match.

Melee Stages:
Neutrals 1v1:
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokémon Stadium

Neutrals 2v2:
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
None

Project:Melee Rules:
4 Stocks.
8 minute time limit.
Items off.
Bo3 Sets in pools and first round in brackets.
Bo5 Sets in all bracket games second rounds -> Finals.
Bo7 Sets in Finals
Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
Bring your own controller.
Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
Blizzobbling/Wobbling is allowed up to 300%.
Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can’t be agreed upon.
Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Neutral Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
Gentleman's clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR. Players may NOT agree to change the number of matches to be played.
For All sets, each player gets 3 stage bans.
Team Attack will be ON.
Life stealing allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.
Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.
Giga Bowser is banned.
No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn’t hold up the next match.

Project:Melee Stages:
Neutrals 1v1:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee)

Neutrals 2v2:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
SSE: Jungle

Counterpicks:
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Skyloft
Skyworld

Mario Party 5 Rules:
Double elimination bracket.
Best of one all games.
Character disputes are to be settled by Rock, Paper, Scissors.
Stage is selected by coin flip; Heads - Toy Dream, Tails - Pirate Dream.
All options should be set to standard.
Save only after the game, and text should be set to "fast."
The play order should align so that team members play after each other. If you happen to dice wrong, restart the game.
In battle mini games; Rock, paper, scissors decides which team gets to decide a skill game.
Trading controllers before a minigame or playing for your teammate is forbidden.

Stages:
Toy Dream
Pirate Dream

(Rules may change yet before the tournament.)

The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.

General Rules:
I want everyone to behave mature and I will let you know that I can throw anyone out for any reasons if I feel like it.
Nuts are banned.
Since this is a public building, I will see no alcohol or drugs taken into it. This is strictly forbidden and will have major consequences, including the owner of the alcohol/drugs getting thrown out and banned from the tournament. You also can't smoke inside the building, but I count on people having enough common knowledge not to do that.
I'm going to add a rule here from last time, and I will make myself very, very clear.
Again, you ARE NOT ALLOWED to bring alcohol or drugs into the building. Also, you ARE NOT ALLOWED to be under the effects of drugs or alcohol, meaning you may not be drunk or high inside the school.

You will sign up at the tournament. Please remember to bring cash with you!
On Thursday just before the PM tournament starts, everyone will have to leave the building and you wont get back in if you havnt signed up and payed for the tournaments you want to enter. Should you arrive later then that, please look for Lolex or Armada to get signed up, or you wont be able to enter any tournaments.

Sleeping:
At the moment, on the bottom floor. We might get access to classrooms in the school, I'm working on that.

Showers:
We have showers! Yes, separate for girls and guys, do not worry. A schedule for when the showers will be open are yet to come.

Housing:
If you need or want housing for dates other then the tournament, just write in the thread and we'll hook you up with someone!

Random information:

For those who didn't know; we have SEK here in Sweden, not Euro. 1 Euro is about 10 SEK.

A local store and a Pizzeria is located about 5 minutes from the venue, easy as hell to find.

Lolex (Alexander Gabrielsson)
Email: AlexanderGabrielsson@hotmail.com
Phone: +46704 379669

Interrested list:
1. Lolex (TO*)
2. Armada (TO)
3. Gamba (ATO**)
4. Android (ATO)
5. Jerk (ATO)
6. Glitchy
7. Zoler
8. leffen
9. Jerk
10. Isa
11. Rkey
12. lootic
13. Anutim
14. Airrider
15. ajp_anton
16. Ying
17. Sebovich
18. Niño
19. NamiNami (FI)
20. Mayhem (FI)
21. Peki (FI)
22. Kalzu (FI)
23. Vilness (FI)
24. MikeHaggar
25. DjaGoF (FR)
26. Tomber (DK)
27. pheX (DE)
28. stelzig (DK)
29. Tero. (DE)
30. RTpmwe (FI)
31. Shloub (FR)
32. Fuzzyness (UK)
33. Örn (DK)
34. DarkUsleon (DE)
35. NorwegianLink (NO)
36. Mew2King (US)
37. Jolteon (UK)
38. X1-12 (UK)
39. Yomi-no-Kuni (DE)
40. Stivo (DE)
41. Kikki (DK)
42. Navn (DK)
43. Oskar (DK)
44. Chansey NES (DK)
45. Kukzzzz (DK)
46. VA (UK)
47. Ripple (US)
48. Alpha Dash (UK)
49. R23 (UK)
50. Lumpy (UK)
51. Deathgazer (UK)
52. JJLinyard (UK)
53. G00fballz (UK)
54. Professor Pro (UK)
55. Kipkosky (UK)
56. Beast (UK)
57. Shifting Shadows (UK)
58. TLA (UK)
59. RWWK The Lust (UK)
60. Gantz (UK)
61. The Last Dragon (UK)
62. Shakey (UK)
63. Blizzywolf (UK)
64. Willz (UK)
65. Scuzz (UK)
66. Salepate (FR)
67. UGD|Shaft Random-Ness
68. Ace (NL)
69. GimR (US)
70. Shaft | CalleW
71. UGD | Marsmannen
72. Foge (NO)
73. Pop
74. Vicky
75. King Funk (DK)
76. D1 (US)
77. Ragge
78. Hara
79. Theb0se (NO)
80. UGD | Ganz
81. Vegard (NO)
82. UGD | Jokrn
83. WIDL (NO)
84. pepi (FI)
85. Kroppkakor
86. Tekk (FR)
87. Ersijo
88. Paju (FI)
89. Däumling (DE)
90. Jon_ass (DE)
91. ZetTroxX (DE)
92. PO
93. Baxon (FR)
94. Humpe
95. ROFLCOPTER
96. Kuja
97. Jack
98. Deg
99. Q_
100. Dev
101. Raxomukus
102. Neophos
103. Anami
104. Smör Pontus
105. O
106. Yuna
107. bËst (FI)
108. PeliQ (FI)
109. Loota (FI)
110. Paju (FI)
111. Sale (FI)
112. Jekku (FI)
113. Zlasher (FI)
114. Novi (FI)
115. RT (FI)
116. Saska
117. MasterTK (FI)
118. Charlon (FR)
119. Astor (DE)
120. C.Love (FR)
121. Dero (FR)
122. Prailor (CL)
123. Don Krool (NO)
124. Plufball (NO)
125. Gö10
126. BIG
127. Kynect (DK)
128. Otto
129. PUMP
130. Beat
131. Willy (FR)
132. CORNY
133. UCK (DE)
134. Mad J (CA)
135. BeLia (FR)
136. PandaSoldier (FR)
137. Taka. (NO)
138. Thomas (NO)
139. ArleX (MX)
140. Overtriforce (ES)
141. Strawhat Dahean (ES)
142. K-12 (ES)
143. Urulok (ES)
144. Trifasia (ES)
145. Shiniga (ES)
146. L (ES)
147. Zalvador (NO)
148. Blayd (DE)
149. Seven (FR)
150. Torsade de pointe (FR)
151. JAPF (NO)
152. Dodge
153. Mikey Khan
154. h0p
155. Kadano (AT)
156. Doggy G (NO)
157. Ministry (CA)
168. Qlex (FR)
159. porc (FR)
160. Tengil
161. Jeapie (NL)
162. GNDY
163. Grande
164. Flikkflakk (NO)
165. supremeDad (NO)
166. Jawad (NO)
167. Padoki
168. Skithjalm
169. Fauster (FR)
170. kiw1 (AU)
171. timi (AU)
172. Tonberry (NO)
173. Doraki (FR)
174. Yomi-No-Kuni (DE)
175. L!ver (DE)
176. JesusJunior
177. Raxer
178. Zorc (NO)
179. Rocky
180. Salevits (FI)
181. BruseKurt (NO)
182. Mornajens (NO)
183. Spring
184. C-chip

*Tournament Organizer
**Assistant Tournament Organizer
(People without a "country tag" are from Sweden.)

Love,
Lolex <3

Last edited:

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Sadly I'm going to have to start this off negatively.

One of the reasons for the year long break was because of all the trouble we got after Beast 3. I will not go long into this, I just want to say that if you spill **** on the tables/floors/walls/roof, please clean after yourself or at least ask a crew member to do it for you.

And regarding the douches that literally laughed at a poor cleaning personnel and then made her clean the showers while they were nude in there; you're lucky I don't know who you are.

DjaGoF

Smash Rookie
wow. i'm very insterested, the trouble for me is my job. But I don't know if I'll still work at February.

i'm posting this tread to my dears frenchies.

kiw1

Smash Apprentice
And regarding the douches that literally laughed at a poor cleaning personal and then made her clean the showers while they were nude in there; you're lucky that I don't know who you are.

what the hell o_O

pheX

Smash Apprentice
I am SO gonna be there. I missed all the previous BEASTs. This time I won't !! I will book my flights asap.

stelzig

Smash Lord
I will do my best to be there. Beast tournaments are always great!
And regarding the douches that literally laughed at a poor cleaning personnel and then made her clean the showers while they were nude in there; you're lucky I don't know who you are.
Wow....

Tero.

Smash Champion
100% confirmed. My first Beast. **** yeah!

Edit: Money Match me!

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
Definitely going.

That's really ****ed up. Perhaps you should communicate a bit with the staff and participants in advance about when the showers are usable then, because I remember I was going to take a shower at BEAST3 when a cleaning lady entered just as I was about to start undressing. I dunno if this was before or after said incident though, because she just kinda rolled her eyes and left.

kiw1

Smash Apprentice
i probably cant come, but i can give one of the austrians my avermedia LGP so you can stream with it, just in case someone can bring a benq/asus monitor :)

Armada

Smash Lord
This tournament will for sure be the best one in the series so far.
I can promise everyone that the crew will work super hard to make this event super good =D

It was almost a year ago we had a really big tournament here in Europe. I hope everyone feel that it's time to really have a great tournament with tons of people etc.

From experience I know how many smashers can be "last minute people" and I guess it will be hard to do something against that. But I ask everyone that consider to attend this to look at tickets as soon as they can. Tickets gets more expenssive and right now it seems like basically no one in Europe is willing to hold any really big events because it takes tons of time and effort. Now when we are back with another Beast I really hope people being lazy will not be THAT big of a problem like it has been many times in the past.

Sorry if I sound a bit harch but I just really want this event to be great and get a chance to see everyone again since I have been less active in the community this year.

Bring all the people in your country that play smash and come with a happy mode and the crew will take care of the rest =D
So excited for this!

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
I'm gonna try to be there, hope i was helpful enough last time around, sucks to hear you guys had trouble with cleaning up the place :/

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Gonna update this post as I get more info from danish players.

Confirmed from Denmark:

Eagle
King Funk
Tomber
stelzig
Kikki

Possibly interested from Denmark:

Navn
Oskar
Chansey NES
Kukzzzz

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I didn't get to make it to last year's beast, so I'm gonna try even harder to make it to this years

Tero.

Smash Champion
Do I have to do something to get on the confirmed list?

Armada

Smash Lord
Lolex is in the UK for the next couple of days and haven't had time to update the list I would guess.
I will ask him to do it once he get back home again.

But for now I think as long as people put themselfs as confirmed on the FB event it is good enough =)
You should talk with the Germans too dude, we need even more players!

Tero.

Smash Champion
I don't necessarily mean being on the list, just confirming so you have a safe spot :)
Germany is working on it, we'll be surely showing up with 10-15 people!

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
The UK are looking strong for this add these names to the list

Confirmed/Booked:
Alpha Dash
Fuzzyness
Jolteon
R23
Lumpy
X1-12
Deathgazer
JJLinyard
G00fballz
Professor Pro
VA

Interested:
Kipkosky
Beast
Shifting Shadows
TLA
RWWK The Lust
Gantz
The Last Dragon
Shakey
Blizzywolf
Willz
Scuzz

VA

Smash Hero
Glad to hear =)
Make sure to confirme yourself on the event on FB in case you haven't =)
I don't want to confirm on facebook because my attendance is secret. I'm coming to Gotëborg for a week with my boyfriend and his flight is his xmas present. Therefore I want to keep that information off facebook, so nobody post about it on there dammit.

You got that X1-12?

Top Bottom