• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 1, 2014] Lake Effect 2 (Kentwood, MI)

Arcalyth

GLS | root
West Michigan proudly presents Lake Effect 2, the second installment of Grand Rapids' Lake Effect series!

For those who missed it, here are the results from last year!

Time and Place
February 1, 2014
Battlefront Gaming
4560 Bowen Blvd, Ste F
Kentwood, MI 49508

Entry Information
$5 venue fee
$10 ~Project M singles
$5 ~Melee singles
$10 per team ~Project M/Melee doubles

Payouts
TBA

Schedule
10:00 am - Venue opens.
11:15am - Doubles registration for Melee/PM CLOSES
11:30 am - Melee/PM Doubles Bracket
2:30 pm - Singles registration for Melee/PM CLOSES
3:00 pm - Melee Singles/PM Pools
4:30-5:30 - food break
6:00 pm - PM Singles
2:00 am - Venue closes (we will likely be done well before this)

WE NEED SETUPS!!! Your $5 venue fee is WAIVED if you bring a full setup (TV, Gamecube/Wii with Melee/PM 3.02 FULL)

Rules
[collapse=General Rules]- Players who fail to report to their match within 5 minutes of it being announced will lose their first game of the match. After 10 minutes without reporting to their match, players will be disqualified from the tournament.
- Coaching is allowed only between games, not during.
- Bracket matches take priority over friendlies and money matches. The TO reserves the right to prematurely end any match.
- Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
- Wireless controllers are discouraged due to interference and unreliability.
- Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks. If there is any doubt in the ruling of a pausing incident, stop what you are doing and CALL ONE OF THE TOs TO YOUR MATCH.
- The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
- Any hacks or mods applied to a setup may be inspected by a TO, who reserves the right to have those hacks disabled if they are deemed inappropriate for tournament play.[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee and Project M Rules]- Items set to OFF and NONE.
- 4 stock, 8:00 timer.
- Friendly Fire ON (doubles).
- Sets are played best two out of three games, with all Semi-Finals and Finals matches being played best three of five.
- DSR Modified - Players may not counterpick to the stage they last won on.
- Gentleman's Clause - Players may play on any stage if agreed on by all players.
- If a game times out, the winner is determined by stock, and then percentage. If both stock and percentage are the same, the game should be replayed in full.
- If Sudden Death occurs at the end of the game, play a one stock, three minute game with the same characters and stage.

Playing a Set
1. Best of one Rock Paper Scissors for port priority if requested.
2. Double Blind character selection if requested.
3. Highest port priority strikes first.
4. Strike order:
Melee: 1-2-2-1
Project M: 1-2-2-1-1-2

[Play Game]
5. Winner bans stages. Bans may be reapplied per game.
6. Winner selects character.
7. Loser selects character and stage.
8. Repeat steps 5-8 until set is complete.

Melee Specific Rules
- Wobbling is allowed.
- Bans: Winner may ban one stage per game.

Project M Specific Rules
- Input assist OFF.
- Bans: Winner may ban 3 stages per game in singles, and 4 stages per game in doubles.[/collapse]

Stages
[collapse=Melee Stages]- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams** (singles starter)
- Pokemon Stadium** (doubles starter, singles counterpick only)
- Kongo Jungle 64 (doubles counterpick only)[/collapse]
[collapse=Project M Singles Stages]Starter
- Yoshi's Story
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Smashville
- Dreamland
- Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick
- Dracula's Castle
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- WarioWare
- Lylat Cruise
- Green Hill Zone
- Skyloft
- Skyworld[/collapse]
[collapse=Project M Doubles Stages]Starter
- Distant Planet
- Lylat Cruise
- Battlefield
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Final Destination
- Smashville
- Dreamland

Counterpick
- Norfair
- Dracula's Castle
- Rumble Falls
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- Skyloft
- Skyworld
- Green Hill Zone
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Fountain of Dreams[/collapse]

TO Contact Info
root: PM Arcalyth on Smashboards
Arcalyth on Skype

Last edited:

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Yoo000ooo0ooo0oo0o FIRST

Looks great! Definitely coming to this if I can make it. Not sure if I can though right now :l Kzoo will definitely try and make it out to this in maximum numbers.

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
Yoo000ooo0ooo0oo0o FIRST

Looks great! Definitely coming to this if I can make it. Not sure if I can though right now :l Kzoo will definitely try and make it out to this in maximum numbers.
you're coming josh

and i will be supplying the falcon **** for the day

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Sorry for the bump, but it'd be absolutely wonderful if people could provide recording setups for both games. Please let me know if you can!

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
I'm coming to this most likely and I can bring 2 recording setups ^_^

It's Marco btw root. In case you didn't know my awful smash boards tag

Been playing a lot of Melee lately and I wanna put my skills to the test. ****. I go low.

:phone:

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Hell yeah! Looking forward to seeing you there, and we'll actually be able to get that MM in this time ;)

Thanks for the recording setups!

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
I'm coming to this most likely and I can bring 2 recording setups ^_^

It's Marco btw root. In case you didn't know my awful smash boards tag

Been playing a lot of Melee lately and I wanna put my skills to the test. ****. I go low.

:phone:
Shorty got them apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur- with the fur, the whole club was lookin' at her: shorty got low, low, low, loooow.

Lookin' to show up to this as well.

[FYI]
This is Dakota Lee, Root.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So questions for anyone who can answer:

1. Is Muskegon going to this?

2. Expected attendance is.....?

3. Is there Project Melee doubles?

4. If the answer to 3 is yes, any of the better players wanna team? I guess I'm not terrible if I got 3rd at the last one...lmao.

5. Can a brutha get some housing if I go to.this? I'd probably leave Sunday.

6. Where the party at? (looking at Muskegon :denzel:

Thanks.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
@Tech:

1. As far as I know, Muskegon will be attending.

2. I currently have 21 players entered in the player DB on Tio for this event, and I only entered in players that I have a reasonable expectation that they'll show up. rootfest 3 had at least 25 people in attendance and that was only with two weeks of notice and only advertising on Facebook. I'm realistically expecting more than the 21 that I entered to attend because people will bring more from their crews. Additionally, GrandLAN is printing posters and stuff and doing advertising of their own to their clients and we're featured on their Google+ page. AND we'll be there with the Street Fighter Club that plays there and I've been told a few of them have interest in Smash.

3. There aren't PM doubles scheduled, but if there's time we could set up an impromptu bracket. Depending on the turnout and interest for doubles at this event, Lake Effect II will likely feature P:M and/or Melee doubles.

5. I can house you if necessary. You've proven not to be grimy. Lol

6. Might afterparty at my place if y'all are down. (Edit: Okay that actually can't happen because I have somewhere I need to be immediately following the tournament)

@Super:
plz don't forget recording stuff <3 u

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I'm bringing my recording stuff, yes. I may have to bring my Pinnacle Studio disc as well, as the blasted thing is finicky when recording audio. Should be a good time.

I am all sorts of for Project M Doubles, and it's been made pretty clear to me that Robjoe and I are incompatible at being teammates in that game, so I might be looking for a partner if there is enough interest. And I've played teams with Tech - he didn't kill me or put me in a terrible position once. It was a good day.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'm bringing my recording stuff, yes. I may have to bring my Pinnacle Studio disc as well, as the blasted thing is finicky when recording audio. Should be a good time.

I am all sorts of for Project M Doubles, and it's been made pretty clear to me that Robjoe and I are incompatible at being teammates in that game, so I might be looking for a partner if there is enough interest. And I've played teams with Tech - he didn't kill me or put me in a terrible position once. It was a good day.
Doubles is my **** girl. So much more fun than singles lol

Arcalyth

GLS | root
I definitely will be going, and I might bring two friends.
Also, do you need any more Melee setups?
Yes, we are in need of more Melee setups. We currently have 6-8 confirmed Project: M setups but only 4-5 Melee setups. If I can get back to my mom's house before the tournament we could have 5-6, but more setups is always better.

-----

I'm considering going but only if you guys let me win.
Yoooo. You better show up, I need to take your money. :p

I may be able to bring one or two new smashers to this, but i need housing.
Wonderful! Hope you can make it. Attendees, can anybody house him?

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Awesome, thanks for the setups, guys. And Powerfox, don't worry if you can't bring a TV. While I'd prefer if you could, simply having the extra cubes on hand in case someone else can bring a TV is beneficial.

btw, I'm salty as **** and I'm not losing to him again.
#calledout #hype #Rh1thmzGettingExposed

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
...looks like this tourney is gonna be a bunch of falcos, sheiks and me.....cant wait....:p
and btw i can house people but i live like 40 minutes from the venue. idk if thats really helpful or not.

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
...looks like this tourney is gonna be a bunch of falcos, sheiks and me.....cant wait....:p
and btw i can house people but i live like 40 minutes from the venue. idk if thats really helpful or not.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Also, looks like the possible predicament concerning my attendance resolved, and I won't have to play on this cycle for orchestra, so I can essentially confirm my attendance at this :)

I'll be bringing my Melee setup as well as a recording setup.

Should be hype! Rootfest 4 will be epic!

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Sheik reppin though haha. West MI has sooo many. It's ridiculous. Makes me wish Melee Zelda wasn't *** cause I love her in P:M.

YOOO RH1THMZ glad you can make it :D

slayertokey

Smash Journeyman
If i can't find more people to go i may have to take you up on that offer. I am hoping to find a place to stay saturday night and leave sunday if at all possible. Much better than spending 70 dollars on a hotel room.

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
just out of curiosity, how many would be interested in a 64 bracket if it was offered? i'll have my 64 setup anyway and if enough people want it i'll make sure there are more.

Top Bottom