• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| FBT3 | - Oshkosh, WI - 2/09 (ENTRY FEE LOWERED -- SEE 1ST POST)

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Update: Entry fee lowered to $25
eighteenspikes said:
Not sure if this is bad news or good news, but I was speaking with the reservation adviser regarding food earlier today, and I'm getting some conflicting information regarding catering guidelines. SOOO instead of risking another potential disaster, I'm canceling the food plans, and dropping the entry fee to $25. Even though it's just 2 days before the tourney, I figure this shouldn't cause any problems seeing as how if you need food you can use that $5 to buy it elsewhere... you just can't get it through me, apparently. There's a burger king and other assorted eateries upstairs, and they sell pizza in the Underground itself. There will still be free drinks.

So, months back when I was looking for big enough venues for HJ5, I decided to secretly set aside a room at UWO just for a backup. I never found a venue with HJ potential, so I'm treating WI to one last FBT before Brawl comes out :chuckle:

FudgeButtTits3

TIME
Saturday, February 9, 2008
10:00am - 8:00pm

VENUE
University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
Reeve Union, Titan Underground
748 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901

COST

$30$25 - All inclusive for Teams, Singles, and Drinks (NOT FOOD)

PLEASE BRING SETUPS, AND POST IF YOU CAN

yay, formatting! Here are some more details on that info:

Time - We need to be done by 8 because there's actually going to be a Rock Band tournament starting in the same room at 8pm. Not like there can't possibly be any overlap, because the Titan Underground is a decent enough size that we can break down while they're setting up, but that's our general schedule.
Because there's actually a time we're expected out, we're going to pull a CC6 and have teams go right into brackets to save a bit of time. I want to make sure there's enough time for the final crew battle between MN and WI :) singles will be RR seeded into a double elim bracket, full rules coming later (not like you guys don't know them)

Venue - For those of you who remember FBT2, it's in the same building, but downstairs instead of on the 2nd floor. The Titan Underground has a capacity of I believe 120, so it should be more than enough for this tournament. I'm working directly with reservations, as opposed to doing this through the Oshkosh Gaming Society like with FBT2, so I trust that this one will not be canceled the morning of :) :)

Cost - $30 $25 all inclusive. It's too much hassle to keep everything separate. Furthermore, I doubt many will be willing to drive miles to this just to join one tournament :urg: if anything, the cost might go down. $10 per person teams, and $15 for singles. The last $5 would cover drinks and food, which might actually go down due to potential sponsorships. Drinks will be provided for free, food is available for purchase at various establishments within the building.

The woman I'm working with is actually not an idiot, and wont cancel everything at the last second after asking somebody whose name isn't on the reservation info if he "is still running the tournament" :) I scheduled a meeting with her for tomorrow to arrange sponsorships and more fun stuff like that. Speaking of which, I'm going to try arranging pre-release Brawls, but SSBB doesn't have a street date so that might not even be possible.
Updates coming soon and stuff :)

This is going to be Wisconsin's last tourney before brawl! EVERYONE MUST GO TO THIS :)
POST UP! :D

Zicore

Smash Champion
First post *****es! Give it up for the kid with no life =D

I CAN'T DRIVE! GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

But woo for FBT3 =)

I also nominate that Thomas Jefferson is NOT in the crew battle, seeing as how he sucks as much *** as I do.

But...seeing as I can't drive, and can't afford to take off of work for this, I doubt I will be attending. Unless something changes. Like I get a ride from someone named EoF.

Zicore

Smash Champion
I think I can house again, just can't drive to tourney. I will not be attending, but the smashfest could happen at my place. I will be working that night though, most likely, so...if MN is interested, let me know. I can try and convince my parents to allow it again.

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
I think I can house again, just can't drive to tourney. I will not be attending, but the smashfest could happen at my place. I will be working that night though, most likely, so...if MN is interested, let me know. I can try and convince my parents to allow it again.
If you can that would be tons of fun just like the last 2 were.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I'll definitely be there. Hopefully I can bring some retired smashers with me.

I should be able to bring a setup too.

Zicore

Smash Champion
not coming, but anyone want housing, I think I can swing it

Except Chrononoob...still permabanned

Zicore

Smash Champion
I asked my parents if I could house again, but apparently, no. I wish like hell I could, but I can't. Oh well.

Sago

Smash Lord
haha ill show up for this with fade as usual, spikes another 5$mm cuz i dont need that 5 dollars and another chuging contest...im gona start practiseing then ill truley be the best ever!!!! also someone stole my memory card at cc6 so i probly wont bring a set up : (

James Sparrow

Smash Master
haha ill show up for this with fade as usual, spikes another 5$mm cuz i dont need that 5 dollars and another chuging contest...im gona start practiseing then ill truley be the best ever!!!! also someone stole my memory card at cc6 so i probly wont bring a set up : (
sago 5$ doc vs dk

Zicore

Smash Champion
ask my permission before you use that name lol
It was actually James Sparrow that came up with "Fudge Butt ****". Yours was "Forgetaboutit" or whatever. So...technically, he needs to ask sparrow, but I am sure sparrow has not Trademarked it yet...

Sago

Smash Lord
dragmire i wouldent miss it for the world and i would love to play your brother again...being new to the scene myself i greatly support newer players :) and
sparrow of the james...i accept the doc dk mm and i refuse to loose, knowing ahead of time how sick your dk is : D

Dragmire

Smash Lord
that's awesome except now my moms pissed at me because she found an f on my progress report (YOU DON'T NEED TO READ) but If I don't get up to at least a c I can't come this sucks .

I'll work hard to get there

Sago

Smash Lord
haha i have like straight d's because i suck at life : O and im totaly the creepy friendless kid at my school so dont feel bad ...not even the nerdy kids like me

Top Bottom