• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favourite support conversations

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
As the title says. What are some of your favourite supports in the series?

Among the first to come to mind for me are all of Renault's supports in FE7. Most people miss these because he joins really late and sucks as a unit, but they're all really interesting, with how they hint at his deep and complex backstory. Plus they explain exactly why he sucks as a unit - it's because being a bishop is only a relatively recent thing for him, after a life as a warrior.

Another one would be Sothe and Astrid from FE9, again because of how well it fleshes out Astrid's backstory and her motivations for abandoning her position in the nobility and joining the military.

Jill's supports with Lethe and Mist are up there as well. In general the supports in FE9 were really well-written and did a lot to flesh out and develop their characters (which just makes what they did in Radiant Dawn even more disappointing).

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I implore you to find a better one than this.
But it will be in vain in the end, for that is an impossible task.

Or at least I would say that's the best support, if not for the real best support

Also why you gotta remind me what they did to Radiant Dawn. ;_;

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I've got a couple, in no particular order.

First up is the Robin/Lyn Support from Fire Emblem Warriors. I mainly like this one because it's a direct callback to the Tactician/Mark from Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade. It also sports a little joke about "an invisible arrow" when the player "orders the troop without words".

Lyn: Robin, are you OK after that fight? Let me take a look.

Robin: I'm fine, thanks to you. You don't need to worry about me so much. Not all tacticians are helpless in battle. I've been in plenty of fights. I can take care of myself out there.

Lyn: I'm sorry--you're right. Force of habit, I guess.

Robin: That's a pretty intense habit. You watched me like a hawk. Not a single enemy got anywhere near me. What makes you so intent on protecting me?

Lyn: I'm just used to fighting that way. In my home world, I always kept the tactician close and safe. You triggered my natural instinct.

Robin: So you travel with a tactician in your home world too?

Lyn: I do, and they're every bit as brilliant as you. Actually, you have a lot in common.

Robin: I'd like to meet this tactician someday if I can. I'd love to compare theories on war and tactics and devise new strategies.

Lyn: I'd be glad to introduce you. But I must warn you, they can be a bit...aloof....?I'm not even sure they would carry on a conversation with you.

Robin: Ahh, the strong-but-silent type. But you're on good terms, right?

Lyn: Well, sort of... They're always very quiet, even on the battlefield. Not everyone needs to talk to issue orders.

Robin: I'm sorry... What? How does one order the troops without words?

Lyn: Good question! I can somehow always tell. It's like there's an invisible arrow.

Robin: Are we talking about...telepathy? This sounds like a very advanced tactician.

Lyn: I couldn't tell you. What I do know is that they're still in training.

Robin: How strange. Though they do sound very important to you.

Lyn: So you understand why I get this sudden urge to protect you. You may not like it, but protecting you will make me feel better.

Robin: Something tells me you won't take no for an answer. But I can't just stand around and let others fight for me. I want to be just as good as your telepathic tactician.

Lyn: I'm sure you can get there! But no matter how good you get, you'll still let me protect you, right?

Robin: Of course, Lyn. If it'll make you feel better, I'll rely on you from now on.

Lyn: Just leave it to me, Robin!

Then there's the Hot-Spring Scramble Robin/Lucina (Spouse) Support from Fire Emblem Awakening. Being a M!RobinxLucina shipper myself, this conversation is nice to see, although I've never experienced it firsthand because I've never bought any DLC for the game. Regardless, it goes into detail about their relationship and Lucina's ultimatum in Chapter 22 between accomplishing her mission by striking down Robin or choosing her husband above all else.

Robin
Beautiful place.

Lucina
It really is. Though I fear the view is marred by the Risen. We must see them slain and peace restored to this land at once.

Robin
You sound especially passionate today. That eager to enjoy the springs, are you?

Lucina
I won't deny that's a part of it. But earlier, I overheard a couple as they fled.

Robin
Oh, the newlyweds?

Lucina
Yes. This was to be their first trip together. I cannot abide letting their happy memories be sullied by these monsters. I...I know how I would feel in their position. As a fellow newlywed.

Robin
Lucina... All right, then. We'd better get to work. Then it'll be our turn to make some happy memories!

Lucina
Right! Oh, speaking of that couple... I spoke to the husband briefly. He pointed to that building and mentioned a promise to go there with his wife later. What do you suppose it is?

Robin
That? Going from the sign, I'd say it's a mixed bath.

Lucina
Oh? What do they mix it with?

Robin
Er, no... It's not the water that's mixed—it's the clientele. A mixed bath is one that men and women can enter together.

Lucina
What?! Th-they have such a thing here?! I'm terribly sorry, Robin. I had no idea what I was asking!

Robin
Ha ha. It's fine. You didn't know.

Lucina
Though, now that the initial shock is past...do you have any interest in trying one?

Robin
What?! N-no, I... I'm not sure we're... I'm not sure I'M ready for that.

Lucina
...Even with the rest of the army?

Robin
Oh...oh, I see. Yes, I suppose it might be fun as a big group... But wait, no! NO! You're not allowed into such a place, Lucina! That's a direct request from your husband. ...Uh, please?

Lucina
Hmm? W-well, all right. If you feel that strongly about it...

Robin
Phew...

Lucina
But we ought to do something here, you know? I'd like to have some happy memories of this place. Let's think on it after the combat's done, all right?

Robin
Of course, Lucina.

Lucina > Robin

Robin
How are you faring over here, Lucina?

Lucina
Mostly done. At this rate, we'll be finished before supper. Plenty of time for those newlyweds to enjoy their evening.

Robin
Excellent! I'm sure they'll appreciate it. As will all the old couples who evacuated with them, I'm sure.

Lucina
Heh, yes, it did seem as though the average visitor here was...more mature. I think it's sweet, seeing couples who have shared so many years together.

Robin
I hope we're still sneaking off on little trips like that when we're old and gray.

Lucina
Yes... ......

Robin
What's wrong?

Lucina
Do you suppose we'll really be able to stay together that long?

Robin
What? Why wouldn't we?

Lucina
Well, once peace is won, I'll have to try to return to my own time. ...Even if that turns out to be impossible, though, I can't remain by my father's side. But you're his tactician. His chief advisor. I don't see how our paths won't part...

Robin
Lucina.

Lucina
And I've been charged with saving the world above all else. If, Naga forbid, I should ever have to choose between you and that mission... I couldn't allow my heart to turn me from what must be done. What right has a wife to be with her husband when she cannot put him first?

Robin
She has every right. That's who she is—who YOU are. When we swore our oaths to one another, what did we promise? That Chrom and I would support you with all our might so you could fulfill your duty.

Lucina
But...

Robin
It's all right, Lucina. No matter what you choose, or where you go, I'll be right there by your side. I promise you again, here and now. I'll stay with you and support you for all my life. And even then! If I'm killed, I'll find a way to come back. Just watch me!

Lucina
Don't promise such things!

Robin
It's the job of a crack tactician to work miracles, isn't it? To do the impossible!

Lucina
But— ...Pffft, ha ha ha!

Robin
Wh-what? What's so funny?

Lucina
No, it's just... You're just so desperate to cheer me up. It's sweet. I fear I have a tendency to dwell on the negative and imagine the worst. I'm fortunate to have been blessed with such a legendarily optimistic husband.

Robin
Heh. You're welcome?

Lucina
Thank you, Robin. I feel a weight has been lifted from me.

Robin
...... Lucina.

Lucina
Yes?

Robin
I'll do anything it takes to see that your future is a happy one. I just...need you to know that.

Lucina
Robin, I— Mmmph!

Robin

Lucina
Robin, this is no place for...

Robin
I know, and I'm sorry. No... No, I'm not. I needed to share how I felt, and that was the only way. It may not be very befitting a tactician to lose control like that, but I'm a man first.

Lucina
Just don't let my father see you.

Robin
Gah! I didn't even think... Do you think he might have?!

Lucina
I'm kidding, dear. It was only for a moment. No one saw. ...And I'm glad you did it. I am a woman first, after all. And your way of sharing your feelings was very...effective. Though I may require a repeat performance once the battle's over.

Robin
Heh. Umm, sure...I think I can arrange that.

Lucina
Lovely. Thank you.

Robin
*Ahem* I, uh, I'd best be getting back to the battle now. You be careful, okay?

Lucina
You too. ...... Forgive me, Robin... Until this war is won, I cannot put you above all else. But I hope you understand how precious you are to me. I don't say it nearly enough... But I love you with all my heart. I would consider myself the luckiest woman alive were I able to grow old with you. You're the dearest thing to me in this world, and my greatest reason to save it... My one and only love...

Next one up is the Support conversation between Kris and Arran in Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~. To be honest, I really only like this one because of how Arran's epilogue at the end of the game heavily impacts his words here. Had it come from someone who wasn't deathly ill, I probably wouldn't have liked it as much. Still, it's a nice conversation about the difference between being loyal for the sake of being a good knight and being loyal from the bottom of your heart.

Arran and Kris 1

Kris:
Sir Arran, there is something I want to ask of you. Please teach me what it means to be a knight.

Arran:
To be a knight...?

Kris:
Yes, sir. What is it that really defines a knight? I've always pondered this. Be it prowess, nobility or loyalty... Each knight seems to have a different answer. I want to know what you think, Sir Arran.

Arran:
The way of the knight, huh...? Sadly, I can't teach you... Argh! Cough...! ...Guh...!

Kris:
Sir Arran, are you all right?

Arran:
...Yes, this happens all the time. No need to fret. Kris, before serving Prince Marth... I used to be a wandering knight. I have served two masters. I am not worthy to speak about what it means to be a knight.

Kris:
But, that's exactly why I wanted to ask you, Sir Arran. I've been thinking... Perhaps there's more than one way to be a knight-- Maybe each knight holds his own meaning in his or her heart. I am inexperienced as a knight, so I was hoping you could help me find my way, Sir Arran...

Arran:
...Sorry, but I still haven't figured it out for myself. I'm afraid I can't help you.

Kris:
I see... That's a pity.

Arran:
I'm sorry...

Arran and Kris 2
Arran:
Cough...! Guh...! Gah...ha...!

Kris:
Sir Arran!? What's happening to you...!? Pull yourself together! Somebody, please help! Sir Arran is...!

Arran:
Wait! Please... Don't tell the others.

Kris:
But, you look absolutely terrible...!

Arran:
This won't kill me. Not while this war rages. I swear it on my honor as a knight. This will likely be my last war. I don't want to leave with any regrets.

Kris:
Sir Arran... Why are you pushing yourself so hard...?

Arran:
You asked me before what it means to be a knight... Long ago, I went astray... This war shall be my redemption.

Kris:
Sir Arran...

Arran:
For a knight, sacrificing yourself for your cause is the highest honor... Kris, I beg of you. I'm sure you understand, as a fellow knight...

Kris:
... ...Yes. If you are set on this... I will not stop you.

Arran:
You have my thanks, Kris...

Arran and Kris 3

Arran:
It happened a long time ago, when I was a knight for my old kingdom. There was a rebellion and my liege ordered me to suppress it. But what I met was no army... They were poor peasants, unable to survive the harsh winter due to the poor harvest.

Kris:

Arran:
They didn't intend to fight. But, in order to survive... they had no choice but to make themselves heard. My liege understood that and ordered me to slay them to set an example. And I... followed that order.

Kris:
...Sir Arran...

Arran:
I used to think absolute loyalty to one's liege was a knight's most important duty. But, I was mistaken. So, I left my liege and spent a long time wandering...

Kris:
That's... But it wasn't your fault, Sir Arran. The one responsible for it was...

Arran:
No, I... can't forgive myself. "I was just following orders... It wasn't my fault..." I could tell myself that endlessly, but deep inside I'd never be convinced. And it would not erase my sins. I can't forgive myself more than anyone.

Kris:
Sir Arran...

Arran:
A liege I could swear loyalty to from the bottom of my heart... I searched far and wide for such a liege and finally I found him. Prince Marth is my liege. As long as I fight for him, I can be a true knight.

Kris:
So that's why you're fighting so hard in this war...

Arran:
I won't last long. I probably won't survive this war at all. But, I have no regrets. A knight isn't a puppet that blindly follows orders. That is not loyalty. To fight for a cause I believe in, under a liege I believe in. That is what it means to be a knight.

Kris:
Sir Arran... Sir Arran, please let me follow your path.

Arran:
Kris...

Kris:
After listening to your words, I can now see it clearly-- The path I must follow as a knight.

More shipping, eh? Yup. I eat these stuff up when it comes to My Units/Avatars. Anyway, this one's about Kris and Katarina from the same game as the previous Support. Seeing how the Gaiden chapters all lead up to a thrilling and satisfying conclusion of the Assassins arc while also empathizing the bond between Kris and Katarina, this support just HAD to be mentioned.

Katarina and Kris 1

Katarina:
Hello Chris. Are you training today, as well?

Kris:
Yes. It's something I must do everyday, after all.

Katarina:

Kris:
Hmm? What's wrong?

Katarina:
Oh, it's nothing... I was just watching you, Kris.

Kris:
Well, I know that, but... Don't you want to ask me something?

Katarina:
Ah, well, er... Kris, is there anything you'd want me to do for you?

Kris:
Something I'd want you to do?

Katarina:
Yes. After all, it's all thanks to you, Kris, that I can stand here like this... So, I want to repay you. I'll do anything for you, Kris.

Kris:
A-anything?

Katarina:
Y-yes... ...I'd do... anything...

Kris:
...I-I see. Then, could you train with me?

Katarina:
Huh...? Is that all?

Kris:
Yes, training becomes more intense when you practice with others.

Katarina:
All right. Then, I'll do it with you.

Katarina and Kris 2

Katarina:

Kris:
Katarina?

Katarina:
Oh, Kris.

Kris:
Hm? What's that?

Katarina:
Huh, um...

Kris:
A beaded ornament? It looks pretty old.

Katarina:
Yes, I received this many years ago... It was a gift from Kleine.

Kris:
Kleine... A comrade from the organization you used to belong to, right?

Katarina:
Yes. Kleine was an orphan, just like me... Today is our birthday, mine and hers.

Kris:

Katarina:
Actually, we don't really have birthdays, since we were both tossed away unwanted. But one day, Kleine asserted that this day was her birthday... Then, she demanded to receive a birthday gift from me. And when I finally found a gift for her, she gave me this in return. "I'll allow you to have the same birthday as me", she said... ......

Kris:
Katarina... I understand how you feel, but don't think too deeply about it.

Katarina:
Yes... Thank you.

Katarina and Kris 3

Katarina:
Kris, this war will soon be over, won't it?

Kris:
Yes. We'll win. And then we'll usher in an age of peace, led by Prince Marth.

Katarina:
Yes... Kris, I'm happy I could be with you thus far. Ever since I first met you... The memories of our time together are my dearest treasures. They're precious to me...

Kris:
You don't need to give those memories that much importance. Katarina, you'll be with me for now on, too... We'll build many more happy memories together.

Katarina:
Yes, Kris...

Kris:
The war council is about to start. Let's go, Katarina.

Katarina:
Ah, yes. T-there's something I need to do... It won't take long, I'll be there later.

Chris:
Alright.

Katarina:
... ...Kris... I like you, Kris. E-er... I don't mind not being your first. Or even if you like other girls, Kris... If you talk to me every now and then... Just by doing that, you'll make me happy. So... Kris...

Chris:
Katarina?

Katarina:
Eek! A-ah... I-I'm s-sorry! Kris, um, see you later!

Kris:
Oh, hey! Katarina...?

I'm not done with romantic supports yet. As I previously stated, I'm a M!RobinxLucina shipper myself, so it's only natural that I'd include the base Support between them from Fire Emblem Awakening. Can't really go into analysis all that much here, but I can appreciate how Robin and Lucina bond over protecting one of the things (or should I say, people) that matters to them the most, as well as focusing on securing a good future for the world.

C Support

Robin:
Phew! I think that's enough work for one day.

Lucina:
Good evening, Robin. I wonder if I might have a word?

Robin:
Hello, Lucina. What can I do for you?

Lucina:
There's something important I want to talk to you about. ...And only to you.

Robin:
That sounds a bit ominous...

Lucina:
Specifically, it's about the future events of my own terrible time. I've told my tale before, but I want you, more than anyone, to understand its import.

Robin:
I see. Please, continue.

Lucina:
In the future, almost no corner of our world is safe for humans. Risen prowl the land as masters of all. The people cower in terror, helpless.

Robin:
It sounds like a nightmare come true. I can scarce imagine it...

Lucina:
It is a hell on earth. That is why, we cannot—we MUST not—lose this war. Do you see that? You must ensure that Chrom and this brave army avert catastrophe.

Robin:
I will do everything in my power, Lucina. I swear it. I will never stop fighting for you, and Chrom, and all the people of the world.

Lucina:
...That is what I wanted to hear. Thank you, Robin.

Robin:

B Support

Lucina:

Robin:
Lucina? What are you doing out here all alone?

Lucina:
Ah, Robin. I was just thinking about the future again. My future, I mean. I wonder how everyone is managing now. Do they still live, or...?

Robin:
I can scarce imagine what horrors you experienced in such a hard, cruel world. A future that was lost... That we could not save... Tell me, are there others like you there? People who fight against the Risen?

Lucina:
Of course. Remnants of armies from the old dynasts survived here and there. We gathered in the last safe corner of the land and united to fight against the tide. But we knew that one day even that final refuge would be overrun...

Robin:
Then the future of humanity depends on what we do in the here and now.

Lucina:
Yes, and my father is the key. Without him, that future WILL come to pass. Our struggle there can only postpone the inevitable, not alter it. When I fight for my father, no matter how terrible the foe, or how powerful... I know that I have no choice. I simply cannot lose.

Robin:
You are burdened by the knowledge that you must conquer fate itself. I'm sure it is a terrible weight to bear, but you must remember something...

Lucina:
What is that?

Robin:
You don't have to do it alone. You have friends ready to aid you against whatever you face. And your father has an entire army ready to fight and die for him. ...And you also have me, for whatever that may be worth.

Lucina:
It is worth a great deal, Robin.

Robin:
Perhaps I can never truly understand where you come from and the world you lived in. But I do know that we can help you.

Lucina:
Th-thank you, Robin. Your words give me strength.

A Support

Robin:
Hello, Lucina.

Lucina:
Hello, Robin. Were you looking for me?

Robin:
Yes, actually. I wanted to ask you something about the future.

Lucina:
What do you want to know?

Robin:
In your future, Chrom is dead, correct?

Lucina:
...Yes. He was betrayed by his closest friend, or so the story goes. That is why I placed myself here in his army—because I trust no one close to him.

Robin:
You've made it your mission to save him—and indeed, nothing is more important. But it must be a hard thing to suspect and distrust every ally.

Lucina:

Robin:
Lucina, you're very important to me, and I can't stand to see you neglect yourself.

Lucina:
Robin... I...

Robin:
You have to look after yourself, as well as your father. I mean, what would happen to him if you were to collapse under the strain?

Lucina:
I...can handle it.

Robin:
Perhaps. Just... Will you promise me to take better care of yourself?

Lucina:
For you...yes.

Robin:
Ah...a relief to hear.

Lucina:
And a relief for me that you care, Robin. Thank you.

S Support

Robin:
Hello, Lucina.

Lucina:
Robin? Fancy meeting you here.

Robin:
Actually, I followed you. I, er...wanted to give you these.

Lucina:
Oh, Robin! Did you pick flowers for me? They're absolutely beautiful, and they smell heavenly!

Robin:
...I'm glad you like them.

Lucina:
We have no flowers in my world. The whole land is barren. ...But enough of that. Tell me, Robin, what are we celebrating?

Robin:
Nothing, really. I just thought you could use some cheer.

Lucina:
You really shouldn't worry about me so...

Robin:
It's no trouble... I... You're a dear friend, and I want to do anything I can to help.

Lucina:

Robin:
...... ...Actually, I'm not being entirely honest. You ARE dear to me, of course, and the daughter of a true friend. But...

Lucina:
But...?

Robin:
But you are more than that. Much more! I didn't pick that bouquet to cheer you up. I did it because... Because I'm in love with you.

Lucina:
What?

Robin:
Lucina, I've fallen helplessly in love with you! I tried not to, but I couldn't help it!

Lucina:
Oh, Robin...

Robin:
We've been through so much, and I know many trials still await us... But no matter what happened or is yet to come, my feelings cannot change! I love you, Lucina. With all my heart.

Lucina:
I... I'm so glad you told me all this. ...Because you are in my heart as well.

Robin:
Truly? Oh, those must be the sweetest words I've ever heard! Lucina, I promise you, no matter what: I will be here for you and Chrom. Whatever road you choose to follow, I shall follow it at your side.

Lucina:
And we won't rest until we reach the end! Together!

[Confession CG scene]
I love you, and no matter what the future holds, I'm going to cherish every moment.

Don't worry. I think this is the last romantic support I have left. That is, until I happen to think of another one. But anyway, I like this support because of how it references the Archanea games a bit, with Tiki comparing Robin's character to Marth's, as well as how Tiki is forced to deal with the fact that all of her former friends (and former crush) are now dead, but Robin comforts her by devoting to spending his short lifespan as a human to make the pain of longevity lessen.

C Support

Tiki:

Robin:
Erm...

Tiki:
*Sigh*...

Robin:
...Can I help you, Tiki? You've been...uh, staring at me a very long time.

Tiki:
Oh, I'm sorry, Robin. Was I bothering you?

Robin:
I was more worried that something might be bothering you?

Tiki:
Well, it's just that you look remarkably like someone I used to know.

Robin:
Oh?

Tiki:
Yes. Specifically, a man named Marth. Many ages past, this was. He was wise, calm, and fair, but possessing an inner strength as resilient as steel.

Robin:
Marth? You mean the warrior king of legend?

Tiki:
The one and same. I had the honor to call King Marth a friend. So perhaps you can understand why I gazed upon you with nostalgia and...longing.

Robin:
Er, sorry, did you say...?

Tiki:
Still, it was rude of me to stare. I apologize.

Robin:
Oh, not at all! It's exciting to know that I resemble someone so storied...

B Support

Robin:
Ah, Tiki. Just the person I was looking for.

Tiki:
What is it, Robin?

Robin:
Remember when you told me about your friendship with King Marth?

Tiki:
Yes? What of it?

Robin:
You were referring to THE King Marth, right? The man from two millennia ago? Well, he's a distant relation to Chrom, is he not?

Tiki:
That is correct.

Robin:
So, I was wondering, wouldn't Chrom resemble him more than me?

Tiki:
Perhaps because Chrom is not like Marth. He is much more direct, and committed to what he believes is right. Chrom might more resemble a different ancestor, from the age I was born in. Another great man in their line, from 1000 years before Marth... But the Marth of my time was wise and fair, and won hearts with his kindness.

Robin:
I see. So when you say I resemble Marth, you weren't talking about my appearance.

Tiki:
No. I was referring to your soul. An aura of kindness and goodness surrounds you, Robin. Just as it did wise King Marth.

Robin:
Well, that is...most flattering. I don't know what to say. ......

Tiki:
What is it, Mar-Mar?

Robin:
...Mar-Mar?

Tiki:
Ah! Forgive me! I was in the habit of calling Marth by that name... It must have slipped out by mistake. Gracious, the resemblance is so uncanny, it's making me forget what millennium it is!

Robin:
Heh, I suppose there are worse people to be mistaken for...

Tiki:
Please, forgive me.

Robin:
Actually, I must admit, I rather enjoyed the attention...

A Support

Tiki:
Robin?

Robin:
Hello, Tiki. It's just me today... No Mar-Mar here, I'm afraid.

Tiki:
Oh, I know who you are, Robin. I apologize again for my mistake. You have no memories of your past, do you, Robin? It must be especially unnerving, then, for someone to confuse you with another. For all I know, you might start thinking that you ARE that person...

Robin:
Please, I was only fooling. Don't give it another thought.

Tiki:
Even so... It must be frightening to look into your past and see nothing there. I know that better than most, for long ago, I fell under the control of an evil man...

Robin:
I'm touched by your concern, but you don't have to worry about me. Still friends?

Tiki:
Oh, I hope so.

Robin:
To be honest, I don't even mind if you do call me Mar-Mar. After all, it's not so strange for close friends to share nicknames, is it, Tikiwiki?

Tiki:
Heh hah... Well, maybe not.

S Support

Tiki:
Robin.

Robin:
So you're not going to call me Mar-Mar after all, huh?

Tiki:
Heh. I much prefer Robin. ...Don't you?

Robin:
Yes, of course I do. It's just that...well... I have no family here, nor even memories of a family. When you called me by a nickname, the truth is, I rather liked it. Even if it was someone else's nickname.

Tiki:
I understand, and I considered it... But there is only one Mar-Mar, and that was Marth, the great king of ages past.

Robin:
Yes, well. Fair enough, I suppose. I'm hardly qualified to fill his shoes.

Tiki:
And there is one more reason I cannot call you by that name...

Robin:
*Gulp* ...And that is?

Tiki:
Because you, too, are a singular—and very special—man to me. You are the man with whom I've...fallen in love.

Robin:
T-Tiki?!

Tiki:
That is why you must be Robin.

Robin:
Phew, what a relief! I thought you were going to say it's because I reminded you of someone else!

Tiki:
Hah, don't be absurd!

Robin:
Truth is, I've been hoping against hope that we might be together, but dared not ask...

Tiki:
Why not?

Robin:
Well, you've lived for millennia... Seen the legendary heroes with your own eyes... You knew the Hero-King Marth himself! And compared to him, what am I? I felt that I had to be as great as him, as mighty and powerful... Otherwise, you couldn't help but find me lacking in comparison.

Tiki:
Oh, Robin...

Robin:
Are my fears truly groundless? Can I...allow myself to love you?

Tiki:
Of course, Robin!

Robin:
Then the two of us together shall build a new world of peace.

Tiki:
Oh, Robin, that's just what I want as well...

[Confession CG scene]
I know that to love another, I must watch the world move past him. But such short years make an eternity worth living.

And while we're on the topic of the curse of longevity, Nah and Tiki's support further discusses this. Nothing else to say here.

C Support

Nah:
Hey, Tiki. There you are!

Tiki:
Yes, Nah. Here I am.

Nah:
Could you do me a favor?

Tiki:
If I'm capable, then of course. What do you need?

Nah:
I, er... I actually want you to tell me about something.

Tiki:
What, specifically?

Nah:
Well, about when you were young. A long, long, long time ago. People say you were alive back during the age of legends, right? Well, I'm curious about history. Manakete history, especially. How did our kind live back then?

Tiki:
Ah, yes. You have manakete blood in your veins.

Nah:
I do indeed.

Tiki:
You have the blood, yet you are not a true member of the tribe.

Nah:
B-but I'm just like you... Aren't I?

Tiki:
Throughout my millennia of life in this world, every manakete has been of pure blood. ...Until you. You are unique—the first of our kind to have a human father. I can tell you our history, though I doubt it would mean much to you now.

Nah:
But that's not fair. I have the right to know, even if I'm not a full-blooded manakete!

Tiki:
I don't mean it like that. You are a unique existence, the likes of which we have never known before. Our story may be difficult for you. ...Painful even. Are you sure you wish to hear it?

Nah:
...... Yes. Yes, I am!

Tiki:
Then I shall tell you the tale someday. ...But not today.

Nah:
I...I understand. Thank you, Tiki!

B Support

Nah:
Tiki? I'm ready to hear the story now.

Tiki:
Oh, yes. I did promise, didn't I? *Yawn* But I'm feeling very tired at the moment. Can it wait?

Nah:
Er, okay. What about tomorrow?

Tiki:
Yes, thank you. I'd appreciate that.

Nah:
So do you snooze so much because you slept for thousands of years?

Tiki:
...I don't know. I suppose I do sleep a little more than most people.

Nah:
You sure do.

Tiki:

Nah:
Tiki?

Tiki:
What is it, Nah? I thought we agreed to talk another day.

Nah:
No, the history lesson can wait. It's just...there's something else.

Tiki:
What is it?

Nah:
When you turn into a dragon... Well, your jaws are bigger than mine.

Tiki:
Er, yes. I suppose they are.

Nah:
Why is that?

Tiki:
It's because I am pure blooded. Manakete blood runs thick in my veins, and makes me look more...dragon-like.

Nah:
Is that also why your fangs and claws are sharper than mine?

Tiki:
That is a matter only of age. I have lived many, many more centuries than you. As dragons get older and become more powerful, our claws and fangs sharpen. It will be the same for you when you reach my age, though it will take millennia.

Nah:
That'll be sweet... I see... So, why is your skin so much thicker and harder than mine?

Tiki:
That comes from fighting in countless battles. The more times a dragon is struck by blows, the thicker and harder our hide becomes.

Nah:
I see. That's useful! ...Thanks for explaining everything, Tiki.

Tiki:
Not at all. Er, but would you mind leaving me now? I'm starting to feel drowsy.

Nah:
Oh, of course. Sleep well, Tiki. See you again soon!

Tiki:
Questions upon questions. I suppose I'll have to tell her soon...

A Support

Tiki:
...And that is how I became friends with the legendary King Marth.

Nah:
So were you released from the ice?

Tiki:
Oh, yes. After what seemed an eternity in that frozen prison. It was by Marth's hand alone that I was able to feel warmth once more. It was magic...

Nah:
...Tiki?

Tiki:
Oh, listen to me! I sound like a sentimental old fool. It was such a long time ago...

Nah:
Did you love him? King Marth, I mean?

Tiki:
He was human. I was manakete. The gulf between us was too great.

Nah:

Tiki:
But you'll never have that problem, will you? With your mixed blood, you can love anyone you like, human or manakete.

Nah:
Yes, I suppose that's right!

Tiki:
...Hear me, Nah. Remember when I said I had to tell you something difficult? We manaketes are destined to suffer because of our love for humankind.

Nah:
Destined to...suffer?

Tiki:
We live for millennia, while humans flicker out like candles. The greatest friendship I ever knew lasted just a few short decades... And when King Marth died, I was left to wander the centuries alone.

Nah:
...I see. I have to be prepared to lose everyone I love.

Tiki:
The dragon blood in your veins curses you to such a fate.

Nah:
...Wow. That's...depressing.

Tiki:
It can be very sad, yes. But it can make you strong as well. You will learn to cherish the memories of those wonderful people you meet. You will make them a part of you so they can give you courage always.

Nah:
Like a family inside your mind?

Tiki:
Yes, exactly! You will be able to pass on the memories to your friends' children! And then to their children and to countless generations to come. In this way can you keep them alive through the long march of time.

Nah:

Tiki:
Do you understand?

Nah:
...I think so.

Tiki:
Never allow your fate to dissuade you from living a full, rewarding life, Nah. You must go out into the world and seek out friends. ...Seek out love. And when their end comes, as it will, you must keep them alive forever. You have the gift of near immortality, and must find a way to share it. And what better time to start than now? Nah, let you and I be friends.

Nah:
I'd like that. Thank you, Tiki.

Tiki:
Now no more brooding on destiny. Next time we shall talk of joyful things.

Nah:
That would be a nice change of pace!

And that's it! Kinda. I could think of three more (from Awakening) that I could list as honorable mentions, with them being Nowi/Tharja's support, which provides a look into Tharja's thoughtful and caring nature outside of her regular character, Lon'qu/Cherche's support, which explains Lon'qu's "fear of women" or rather him distancing himself from them, and Henry/Cherche's support, that talks about Henry's backstory. I might come back and edit this if I happen to think of more supports that I happen to like. But for now, that's all I've got.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Jill/Lethe was already mentioned, it not only really helped expand there characters, but also did a great job with World building especially in terms of life in Daein. With how Jill was raised to be racist against Laguz as any Daein child was taught.

Boey and Mae's support in SoV is a cute way to show a blossoming relationship. The way they behave awkwardly about it comes off as very real and natural.
On the flipside I really like Clive and Mathilda's support as well showing the strong enduring relationship they have.

Igrene and Astolfo's support in FE6, is a well made tragedy. Going into how Astolfo was once the man Igrene loved, but he hides it in order to protect her as the life of a spy is something that will endanger her.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Really anytime Anna gets to talk to anyone, especially with Tiki and M!Avatar from Awakening and with Lissa, Robin, Celica and Lucina from Warriors.

Most of Owain's supports are usually hilarious to listen to as well, especially in Warriors where its fully voiced and hearing Kaiji Tang deliver his lines.

Top Bottom