• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favourite music from the series

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
FE is pretty well known for its music, but what are some of your favourite pieces? I'll start us off with this little selection.

^ Still get emotional listening to this one. FE4's story is so full of tragic moments.

I'll make an exception to the "no media-only posts" rule for this thread since it's about music, but if you want to talk about why you like a particular track, that's more than welcome too.

Nah

Smash Champion
first two things that come to my mind are:

though there's other stuff I like too

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I don't think I have a favorite. There's just so many good soundtracks in the series that it's hard for me to pick just one. The battle themes are great, and the map themes are just as good. But for the sake of answering this thread, I'm going to have to go with Young Light, One who Carves a New History, and Endless Battle from FE12. I might be a little biased.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Technically this isn't actually from the games, but I felt it deserved a mention nonetheless:
It's a 35-minute long fan-made medley of various tracks from FE1-10. The way they combine the dozens of tracks together so seamlessly is pretty impressive. Worth listening to if you have the time.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Here's some underrated gems
I can list plenty more if you guys want. :p

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Hoo boy, let's see here. I'm gonna go about this the videogamedunkey way. (Unordered within tiers)
Spoilers: I love the preparation themes.

First you got the good songs:

Before Battle (New Mystery)
A Grasping Truth (Radiant Dawn)
Strike! (Shadow Dragon)
Rising Morale (Path of Radiance)
To Challenge Ashnard
Stalking Menace (Radiant Dawn)

Then the REALLY good songs:

Shaman in the Dark (FE6)
Trouble! (Shadow Dragon) Shoutouts in particular to remix of it in Warriors.
One Who Carves a New History (New Mystery)
Preparations (FE11)
Confront the Past (Sacred Stones)
The theme of THE BEST TELLIUS CHARACTER, NAESALA
Agh! Won goph in mah mouph! Blech! Ptooey! (Yes, seriously. Go ahead, try to deny that this song isn't perfect.)

Then we enter the MASTAHPIECE zone:

Leaf's army in search of victory
Preparing to Advance (Sacred Stones)
Together We Ride (Every version because they're all good) Here's the FEH version because it's funny.
Alight (Fates)
Life Returns (Path of Radiance)
Ascent (Radiant Dawn)
Chaos (Awakening)
Twilight of the Gods
With Mila's Divine Protection and, obviously, gotta give special mention to the Brawl remix

And only then do we come to the be-all and end-all, the Big Boys:

A song with many names that has been remixed many times, so I'll just call it "Tiki's Theme"

The theme of the Loptous sect from FE4. Absolutely my favorite villain theme in FE, free.

End of All from Fates. Just such a beautiful song, dang.

Resolve from Fates. I like both versions, but if I had to pick one, the Conquest version of it.

Thorn in You (Roar) from Fates. Too bad it only plays once.

The main theme. This is kind of a cop-out maybe? But this song just means way too much to me to not be here.
I'm not sure which version to post, so here's the funny version.

Yup.

And then of course you have the only song that actually matters OPEN FOR BUSINESS don't @ me

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Thorn in You actually plays in 3 chapters.Chapter 6, and then the late game Xander/Ryoma boss fight chapters. Which I think was 25 CQ and 26 BR. Could be wrong though

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
FE Fates
Road Taken (I love all versions so here's a chill fan remix to shake it up)
Pray to the Dark
A Dark Fall
Thorn In You
Dusk Falls
Past Light (Storm)
Alight (Storm)

FE Heroes
Gear Up For...
Map (Prologue)
Menu 2 (Voting Gauntlet)
Menu 3 (a.k.a Veronica/Legendary Hero Boss Theme...never understood why it's labelled as a menu theme)
Summon - Together We Ride (can't not have this one here, it's memorable for more than just the song itself :V)
Entering the Tempest Trials
Book II Map Theme
Múspell Boss Theme

FE Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
the whole bloody thing because this OST is god tier
Courage In Numbers
Duma's Scourge
Echoes
In a Silver Garden With You
Lord of a Dead Empire
March to Deliverance
Praise This Despair!
Preparations: Deliverance
Preparations: Pilgrimage
Preparations: Reunion
Pride and Arrogance
Sea Winds and Travelers
The Approaching Menace
The Course of Gods and Men (I'm a SUCKER for medley credits themes that rearrange iconic songs from the game)
The Sacrifice and the Saint
The Voice That Calls You
Truth
Twilight of the Gods (easily one of my favourite final boss themes of all time, like Top 5)
Unity (underrated recruitment theme)
Uprising
Warring Powers
What Lies at the End (without question my favourite FE song so far, and it's incredibly rare for me to just say "this is my favourite song" with any series)
Where the Wind Rustles
With Pride in Your Heart
Undiscovered Horizons

There's actually more really good ones I remember the tune for, but it can be hard to find a thorough play list.

Buy Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia with money.

As for FE Warriors, it's the only other game I've played. Mostly I really like any of the remixes of the Fates songs and even some from Awakening and Shadow Dragon but I haven't really played those games yet.

The one original track I really like is this one.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, looks like you guys got most of the good ones already.

So I guess I'll share a personal favorite of mine.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Medeus's theme from Fire Emblem 3/12, "Dark Earth Dragon"/"Reign of Despair", is just glorious.

I'm also a big fan of Nergal's theme, "Everything Into The Dark".

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Stalwarts Unite/With Us is my favorite recruitment theme in the whole franchise.
So raw, so heroic. If I hadn't played the game I would feel this be more as a victory theme and, in these games, winning a new ally is really just that.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Stalwarts Unite/With Us is my favorite recruitment theme in the whole franchise.
So raw, so heroic. If I hadn't played the game I would feel this be more as a victory theme and, in these games, winning a new ally is really just that.
shoulda been his victory theme, grumble grumble.

Top Bottom