• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Favourite companion?

Favourite LoZ companion?

• Navi

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Epona

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Tatl

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Ricky

• Dimitri

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moosh

• Ezlo

• King of Red Lions

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Midna

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Linebeck

• Ciela

• Zelda (Spirit Tracks)

• Fi

• Crimson Loftwing

• Total voters

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
I am surprised to find this thread doesn't already exist. I can't seem to find one like this on the site, but if there is, I'm happy for a mod to close this.

So then, who is your favourite LoZ companion? (Animal companions like Epona are counted too by the way :p ).

As for me, I think I'd have to go with Midna for this one. I loved everything about her character. The spoilt, arrogant princess being stuck in the body of a cute little imp is quite a hilarious notion! xD Her comments throughout the duration of TP were always amusing, and I found that you felt very sad towards the end, for reasons I will not spoil.

Good ol' cowardly Linebeck comes a close second though :p

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I have to go with Midna, too. She was a pretty interesting character in TP & even went through a lot of character development during the course of the game. She's easily the best companion to me.

Second favorite companion is the King of Red Lions.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Linebeck by a long shot. He's really funny throughout Phantom Hourglass and in the end proves himself that he's not the greedy coward that you think he is.

Midna would probably be my second favorite.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Not surprised to see Midna score so well. She definitely had the most personality out of all the companions, that's for sure. She is also likely my favorite, and a main reason as to why I enjoyed playing TP so much. Special shoutout to Navi for being pretty much amazing in every way possible.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Not surprised to see Midna score so well. She definitely had the most personality out of all the companions, that's for sure. She is also likely my favorite, and a main reason as to why I enjoyed playing TP so much. Special shoutout to Navi for being pretty much amazing in every way possible.
I certainly agree with you there! Midna was by far the most developed companion, and throughout the span of TP, she indeed became less of that selfish, arrogant imp, becoming a more caring individual befitting her status.

Come to think of it, the game itself almost gave this symbolism in the way that at the start, when she was an imp, she was mostly childish and selfish, but as she "matured" as it were, learning more about how caring the people of Hyrule and their Princess were, she grew up to the sort of kind, caring Princess she needed to be just as she was transformed to her true self. This is just speculation, but it does appeal to me as an intentional idea by the creators.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Can I say the Master Sword? It is my only constant companion throughout most of the games...

jclittle

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jiggywiggy
I would have to go with Midna as well. Everything about her just made Twilight Princess a joy to play.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Twilight Princess would have been even worse without her, so Midna gets my vote.

Soupy

Sage of Wind
I have a soft spot in my heard for Midna. However, I fell in love with Fi as a character so she's a close second. Tatl is also an old favorite for me.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Let me give you a hint...it begins with Mid and ends with Na....That's right Linebeck!!!
but seriously! Midna, After Link and Zelda she's easily one of my favourite Zelda characters and has been my most wanted smash Newcomer since I played Twilight Princess!!

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
No question. Midna is the answer. I absolutely love her personality.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
After playing The Wind Waker HD, I would have to say the King of Red Lions is my favorite companion.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I was ready to just do this easy. Midna over Navi and Tatl and Fi and king of red lions, obviously. But then you went and included Ezlo, Linebeck, and the mounts (Epona, Dmitri, Moosh, Ricky).

I might give it to Ricky, otherwise he'll get no love. And kangaroos that punch tornados need love too.

Vaati riding Ricky - Hylian Hurricane.

Top Bottom