• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Wario Palette

Monk of MaZe

Smash Cadet
This and the loss of GBC/Sailor Wario bums me out the most.
I was honestly so disappointed that they took out sailor Wario. Now I only use the standard purple and yellow palette since it's the only one I like (gotta love Wario Land). But at least I still have brawl which I can mod to give him plenty of wacky outfits.

ZeGlasses!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeGlasses
I'm a big fan of the Original Overall Wario, but I play Hubba Bubba Wario if things get serious.

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
The green/yellow biker Wario one. Picked it at first becouse I thought it was the ugliest one, now I'm too used to it not to use it lol

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Default - default/amiibo
Red biker - edgy 4glory peeps
Yellow biker - hipster skin
Cotton candy biker- Abadango reserved
Default overalls - *The one true skin*
Mario - alright overalls
Luigi - meh overalls
Cotton candy overalls - popular skin

Last edited:

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
Its stupid that Nintendo removed the GBC overalls. Its like removing Fire Mario from Marios palettes. Wario land 3 is the best Wariogame ive played.. Its that game who made me like Wario, not WarioWare..

I never use the bike gear, either it is the standard yellow/purple or the sweet blue/pink.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157

I'm beginning to use this palette swap even more than the classic yellow overalls now. I don't know why but I really love this palette swap for Wario.

Bennext

Smash Cadet
Ever notice that in Brawl Wario (a guy) gets 12 full suits :wario::4wario::4wario2::wario::4wario::wario::warioc::4wario::warioc::4wario2::warioc::4wario2: while Jigglepuff (a girl) only get's 3 hats? :jigglypuff::039::jigglypuff:
It's like Jiggly only gets a hat rack while Wario get's a full walk in clothset.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Despite red being my fave color, I really really like the color scheme cyan biker Wario, like it just looks right/fantastic. Will never use overalls.

ZeGlasses!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeGlasses

Seriously, these alts are so aesthetically pleasing, hate how they removed them. Why is Wario forced to follow the 8 costume rule while Little Mac gets to have 16 costumes in total?

Last edited:

Naxx40

Smash Rookie

I switch between these, I really like yellow but the Red and Blue is for the Norwegian pride :>

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Wario pisses people off, but something about pastel Wario really pisses people off. I love it.

fernby

Smash Rookie
i use the pink+blue overalls mostly, sometimes normal or red overalls

rip beige+brown overalls honestly

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
i just cannot stand Mario-Wario... nope.

nope nope nope nope nope so much nope.

Normal Yellow Wario all day, although I really miss the 2 Alts they took out...

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Classic Wario is my favorite. I don't like his biker outfit very much...

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I wish there was a way to let Nintendo (Sakurai specifically) know how much we want the two removed outfits back. Not only did the White/Blue-black-ish and the Brown costumes look very cool, but for those who didn't know, they're the outfits from Wario Land 2 and 3 (I strongly believe). Something tells me that Sakurai removed these for a reason, just like he removed the Shoulder Bash.... :(

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
I wish there was a way to let Nintendo (Sakurai specifically) know how much we want the two removed outfits back. Not only did the White/Blue-black-ish and the Brown costumes look very cool, but for those who didn't know, they're the outfits from Wario Land 2 and 3 (I strongly believe). Something tells me that Sakurai removed these for a reason, just like he removed the Shoulder Bash.... :(
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think it's either Sakurai is pushing it out to promote WarioWare, since he was involved in the development, or some guy just got stuck on a boss in Wario Land 4 and now hates the series.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'm not going to tolerate any "Sakurai hates Wario Land" nonsense here, so stop. It's nothing but needless whining and it's super tiring.

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I'm not going to tolerate any "Sakurai hates Wario Land" nonsense here, so stop. It's nothing but needless whining and it's super tiring.
Not saying that, but just stating that I wish there was a way to bring them back. You know, via a poll, DLC, etc., as they were really popular costumes.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Not saying that, but just stating that I wish there was a way to bring them back. You know, via a poll, DLC, etc., as they were really popular costumes.
I know that. Wario's colours across the boards are bad in this game. The best/popular Warioware colours got removed too.

The REASON he removed those two specifically is that there's no room for them. The other classic colours are the token red/blue/green, which every character has. No way he'd remove those. Same reason why his biker colours are now more explicitly red/blue/green.

We can, however, question the reasoning for giving Mac sixteen colours but leave Wario and Olimar with eight. (Although technically the Wireframe Mac colours are the exact same as his normal colours, but I doubt they required any less work since the wireframe is a palette swap in itself.)

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I've been using the default biker alt a lot lately. I didn't really like using it at first but now it's grown on me.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'm alternating between default biker and purple biker hah.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
While I mainly use his cyan biker. I sometimes will rotate between his red biker and his classic yellow overalls. Besides the yellow overalls. The cyan and red biker outfit are now my two favorites.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
I always use the biker outfit with the green helmet, black shirt, yellow vest with purple pants. Mainly because I think it's rather plain and not attractive.

I tend to use plain or unnattractive color schemes for my characters. I know this sounds weird and stupid, but if I like the way the character looks too much it tends to be distracting. I don't want to be looking at my character, I don't want my eyes drawn there. When I play I usually try to be looking at the opponent and what he's doing. I don't want my character to look good. I tend to use plain old default color schemes or an ugly color scheme. Rarely do I use the one I think looks best.

Last edited:

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
I use them in different situations.

If I play a Mario that is actually really really really good, I select the classic yellow overalls just for the classic rivalry matchup.

If I play a guy online that mains Mario but plays like a coward/disrespectful prick, I select Mario Overalls as the Final Diss and destroy him.

If I play anybody a few matches in a row and they piss me off by winning via luck or they get too cocky, I bring out the Cotton Candy as a super diss. I never use the green, just not a fan.

Or if I am practicing with Ganon, Duck Hunt, or Ludwig, and somebody barely beats me in those matches, I bring out Cotton Candy Wario to make a statement and put them in their place.

I like the Red/Pink Biker as a change up.

For tournaments though, it's pretty much classic yellow overalls or nothing.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I like the regular Wario clothes over the biker Wario clothes, mainly because you can see the man's biceps with his regular clothes.

Green Wario with regular clothes also overlap with Duck Hunt's colors, I like switching to that color when I go to that stage.

Last edited:

Narwelch

Smash Rookie
NNID
Narwelch
For overalls I switch between default and pink/blue. For the biker outfit I use default, pink/blue, and occasionally green/yellow/purple.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Wow, didn't realize the Red Biker outfit was so popular! I personally just like it because it reminds me of Booster from Super Mario RPG. :p

Otherwise, I use classic overalls Wario, or "Mario Wario" because of a certain Brawl in the Family strip...

ZeGlasses!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeGlasses
You know what would of been a sick costume for Overall Wario? Waluigi inspired colors. I would rock that bizz constantly.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
You know what would of been a sick costume for Overall Wario? Waluigi inspired colors. I would rock that bizz constantly.
Ironic how Mario and Luigi gets them but Wario only lost his old stuff

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
It's because one day Waluigi will be his own character!

I wonder why Mario didn't get a Wario color like vice versa.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I wonder why Mario didn't get a Wario color like vice versa.
Not sure what you mean by this. Mario has had Wario colored overalls since Smash 64.

Last edited:

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
Green Wario with regular clothes also overlap with Duck Hunt's colors, I like switching to that color when I go to that stage.
It's even worse on omega duck hunt. If you really want to do something dirty in a tourney wear the green classic outfit and go omega duck hunt instead of FD.

Top Bottom