• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Stages for ZSS

Dawnz_

Bounty Hunter
NNID
Dawnz24
I just want to know what other zss mains opinions are on what her best stages are or what your favorite stages to play on with her

Legit

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1075-1516-8692
In my experience she does rather well on all stages. It really depends on the MU. Just play stages that your opponent's char isn't great on. In general I like Dreamland because it gives you room to run around, and ZSS usually doesn't have problems recovering on Dreamland, while many other chars do.

Foo

Smash Lord
I love wario ware, but that may just be more. However, I really think it's just a matter of picking for the matchup. She does seem to do really well with platforms though.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
No particular order:

Lylat, DP, Dreamland, FoD, Norfair, Skyworld, WW, YI, YS are all at least situationally good for her. Generally favorable properties include high ceilings, medium to far blast zones, platforms (preferably but not necessarily small), walls, and enough room to maneuver around your opponent.

Last edited:

Angell

Smash Cadet
Pick lylat to mess with their recovery. I have very good experiences on that stage :)

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Like many characters, ZSS lives quite a long time on Dreamland in my experience. Plus platforms never hurt. Just don't be really telegraphic with your recovery.

I sometimes like WarioWare with her, depending on who you're against. The super small boundaries help alleviate her Marth syndrome symptoms.

Foo

Smash Lord
Like many characters, ZSS lives quite a long time on Dreamland in my experience. Plus platforms never hurt. Just don't be really telegraphic with your recovery.

I sometimes like WarioWare with her, depending on who you're against. The super small boundaries help alleviate her Marth syndrome symptoms.

The problem with dreamland is that, while you live really long, so does everyone you fight. Backair sends at a fairly high angle, so decent DI will send them to the corner. Even roy can recovery from that distance. You can edgeguard, sure, but it's much better to just be able to secure that kill before 130%

Wario ware is awesome because of the platform setup and the small blastzones as well as walls to help her offstage game a lot.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
The problem with dreamland is that, while you live really long, so does everyone you fight.
Yes, it's definitely a battle of attrition, so it's somewhat MU dependent as well as how confident you are with the character, stuff like that. Definitely not the easiest thing to get kills on but still decent. I have a hard time killing with ZSS, which is why I don't really mind Dreamland at all.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
ZSS is awful on large stages. I personally prefer tiered platforms. Ideally smaller stages.

ZSS's best stages: YS, FOD, Wario Ware, GHZ
Borderline: Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island
ZSS fairly neutral stages: BF, PS2 (don't let Falcon or small characters take you to these stages though. Bad
times.)
Not awful, but still kinda bad: Distant Planet, DL64
Butt stages: FD, Smashville, Skyworld

I always insta-ban FD and Smashville vs anyone and everyone. Those stages are super not okay for ZSS.

Last edited:

Foo

Smash Lord
ZSS is awful on large stages. I personally prefer tiered platforms. Ideally smaller stages.

ZSS's best stages: YS, FOD, Wario Ware, GHZ
Borderline: Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island
ZSS fairly neutral stages: BF, PS2 (don't let Falcon or small characters take you to these stages though. Bad
times.)
Not awful, but still kinda bad: Distant Planet, DL64
Butt stages: FD, Smashville, Skyworld

I always insta-ban FD and Smashville vs anyone and everyone. Those stages are super not okay for ZSS.
A lot of zss stage selection is completely based on matchup. For instance, all of her best matchups are ones you want to avoid against swordies (and marth in particular.) I really like ys, wario ware, and BF. I HATE fod, but that may just be a personal thing. Other than that, it seems best just to pick for the matchup.

Stages like skyworld work really well against some characters, and so does FD.

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
Platforms open up her movement game because she can set up terrifying bair walls and sliding uair off platform can clip people with that reverse hitbox. Her wavedash essentially makes it such that you can perfectly space bair at the tip off of platform by mixing up falling through, sliding off, wavedash fall-through, etc. Not to mention that converting combos off of platforms is much easier than converting combos off of grounded opponents. Dtilt and utilt are your main combo starters and they don't really get you the good look until mid %. Before then, I like to chip away with blaster and nair-grab/bair-grab into a throw onto platform. Wait and react to tech options and you can start bigger combos at earlier %s than you could off of a raw utilt in neutral.

I really like DP and PS2 for these reasons. It's also one of the reasons why I believe that FD is ZSS's worst stage. She needs platforms to open up her offense and assist her combo game.

Something else that I value in a stage is walls. because without walls her recovery is very easy to deal with and edge guard. When you add walls, you add the threat of wall jumping, which opens up her recovery game immensely. Fade-away then down-b into wall and wall jump. Throw out aerials, too. When you add a wall, her recovery becomes incredibly deadly.

I also appreciate long stages against certain characters just because her dash dance is so good that she can utilize and threaten a lot of horizontal space. Running away and having the space to reset to neutral is also incredibly valuable for ZSS, who has a lot more options and movement tools in neutral than most all of the cast.

Personally like: PS2, Smashville, DP, DL64
Personally dislike: FD, FoD, Norfair

Also, counterpick people to Skyworld because you're a tether and the ledges don't matter to you. Just laugh as they get gimped by the stage's ledge detection. But, hey, only do that if you're a bad guy. I'm kind of a bad guy, so I do it sometimes, even though I think the stage layout itself isn't that great for ZSS, lol.

DragSamus

Smash Rookie
Pick lylat to mess with their recovery. I have very good experiences on that stage :)
This is so true. The other day, I picked ZSS, and then picked Lylat cruise, and then I won the match with a 3-stock victory. Thank you for suggestion I even strike to lylat cruise now because i'm baller.

Top Bottom