• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite stage in either version?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I think that's self-explanatory enough. What's your favorite stage? I would have to say either Battlefield, Delfino Plaza, Omega Suzaku Castle, or Pirate Ship.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Battlefield and Final Destination not just because they are the gold standard for competitive play. I like them for their design and the fact they're perfect for Pokèmon battles if y'all sugar pies like playing with Pokèballs like I do. Now, note this is referring to the Wii U version.

JagerCry

Smash Cadet
Omega Gaur Plain. Normally I'd say Battlefield but I hate the drastic background changes that are hard for some to see and very distracting. My friend often chooses stages bc of the music whereas IDC too much either way and Suzaka, Kalos, and Gaur Plain are his main omega choices and the Gaur Plain music seems pretty decent and the background and overall stage theme seem pleasant and not distracting. (I like the gameplay on BF most but I think they did a bad job with the backgrounds on a lot of stages. Some of my friends genuinely have a difficult time seeing the stage during certain background phases.)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Final Destination, Mario Galaxy, Coliseum, and Midgar simply because of their designs and music.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I love the stages that came back from the n64 version probably most of all. If only saffron city had returned with them... :)

In terms of new stages, the top prize has to go to Jungle Hijinxs. I love the concept of switching between planes. I'm also a fan of Kalos Pokemon League as well as some of the more infamous stages like PAC-LAND, Pyrosphere and Great Cave Offensive

I also wanted to give a shout-out to my favorite Omega stages too - I much prefer them over Final Destination because of the distracting background and the variety they provide. Great idea on Sakurai's part (though I could have done with a little more variety like platforms on some of them):
Mario Circuit (Brawl)
Hyrule Temple
Great Cave Offensive
Kalos Pokemon League
Pokémon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Great Cave Offensive
Boxing Ring
Gaur Plain
PAC-LAND
Suzaku Castle
Super Mario Maker
Pirate Ship

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I love the stages that came back from the n64 version probably most of all. If only saffron city had returned with them... :)

In terms of new stages, the top prize has to go to Jungle Hijinxs. I love the concept of switching between planes. I'm also a fan of Kalos Pokemon League as well as some of the more infamous stages like PAC-LAND, Pyrosphere and Great Cave Offensive

I also wanted to give a shout-out to my favorite Omega stages too - I much prefer them over Final Destination because of the distracting background and the variety they provide. Great idea on Sakurai's part (though I could have done with a little more variety like platforms on some of them):
Mario Circuit (Brawl)
Hyrule Temple
Great Cave Offensive
Kalos Pokemon League
Pokémon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Great Cave Offensive
Boxing Ring
Gaur Plain
PAC-LAND
Suzaku Castle
Super Mario Maker
Pirate Ship
Oh yeah, I forgot about Mario Maker, that stage is great. The music selection isn't too great, but I'd say the stage itself makes up for it.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Smashville because of how simple it is, and because I really enjoy most of the Animal Crossing music. I like Town and City a bit less because of the abundance of platforms (although killing about 20% earlier on this stage thanks to a low ceiling is nice!)

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
Smashville is my favorite stage, thanks in part to the fact that my friends and I would play on that stage most of the time. Since it's a neutral stage that a lot of characters are really good on, it seemed like a no-brainer to play on it most of the time.

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
Either Mario Galaxy because that music brings back some nostalgia or Coliseum because fire emblem songs (lost in thoughts all alone in particular) are pretty good

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
3DS: Dream Land, Pac Maze, Omega Prism Tower
Wii U: Town and City, Gamer, Omega Pirate Ship,
Both: Boxing Ring, Dreamland, Omega Suzaku Castle
Any omega stage.

Except for Balloon Fight. No one likes Balloon Fight.
:c

I agree on the Omega part though. I'll happily play any stage in omega form, I just hope that if they bring competitive versions of every stage back in the future that they use a few other legal templates and not just FD.

D

Deleted member

My personal favorite stage is Umbra Clock Tower for its nighttime setting and the main playing field telling you what time it is now.

Top Bottom