• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite smash game?

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yeah...Smash 4 since it has so many characters to play this side of Tekken Tag Tournament 2. I'd say Melee comes after that for its fast pace and lots of advanced techniques. Brawl and 64 tie for third, that's all I can say, so...

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Smash U/3DS. As for why? A number of reasons I guess.

For one, more characters just mean more fun to me. You're able to try various ones a lot more and it also means there's more unique fighters that can pertain to a certain fighting style that may fit your needs. Plus variety is just nice to have in general.

Next, the balance patches. It's nice to finally have characters buffed/nerfed, even if a few still got ignored/got too much attention.

I also like how they do a lot better with each game released (although we can admit there were a lot of things wrong with Brawl). I feel like the game can only get better with each release unless they totally backtrack or suddenly hire monkeys to work on it. Yeah sometimes the changes are awesome and sometimes there's a few we never asked for but I still feel like they keep improving.

I just hope the next one is on one console only, as I feel like having shared consoles hurt it just a tad given how they had to cut a few corners to make the 3DS work (Ice Climbers) and the fact they had to slightly split their attention between the two, sadly.

D

Deleted member

Smash 4, hands down. The sheer number of characters and stages has me coming back for more. I like how one can create Mii Fighters (personally I create female fighters with non-silly appearances). I think of this game as Brawl v2.0.

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
Melee; I'm addicted to the adrenaline I get from attending tournaments. Before I got into Melee, I would avoid competition and being in front of other people. Though the tech is hard to get used to and takes a **** ton of practice, doing flashy things usually puts people watching at awe which raises my morale. Thus, I have more motivation to keep playing and improving.

Last edited by a moderator:

SM Sola

Smash Cadet
Smash 4 easily.
I think it just hits the perfect balance between competitive viability and casual play, and with the huge roster and balance changes, it's definitely a clear winner for me.

Though I have to mention that Brawl had by far the best soundtrack and single player content, can only dream of what a Sm4sh Subspace Emissary could've been like :|

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
melee had glorious items and singleplayer modes; the problems were the stiff mechanics, lack of input buffering, and godawful ai. smash 4 has smooth and natural gameplay with better ai, but decent-to-bad singleplayer modes (wii u classic is underrated but nowhere near as good as melee adventure).

64 is utterly archaic by now and brawl's singleplayer is pretty heavily overrated. casually i'd go with melee, but smash 4 has more fun pvp overall imo

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
Project M. I can mod it in anyway I like with a large library of changes to choose from. It has Turbo mode, All-Star mode, Single Player Training mode; modern menu, changeable controls and multiple controller support, adjustable music and multiple music slots, a handful of difficult AI without being overpowered and cheap. Fairly balanced cast filled with above average abilities. Melee's competitive physics, so lots of options for viable playstyles. Glorious aesthetic and vibe that you can even alter and customize if you so choose. Strong and mostly non-****** scene. Thought provoking, mentally challenging, and technically demanding. Fun.

It's a Smash game by the players for the players. You can be competitive or casual as you wish. My only gripe I think is that it takes itself a bit too seriously maybe; looking at old Brawl videos, I felt a sense of levity and pasttime that I don't usually get from watching or playing Project M. Regardless it's a game I plan to play for a long time until the newest thing more appropriate to the times comes to properly succeed it, whatever that may be.

I may get into Brawl Minus and Smash 2 in the meantime.

Top Bottom