• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Pokémon of Each Type

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Continuing from the Smash Bros. Switch General Discussion thread, I've made this thread so everyone can share all of their favorite Pokémon of each type in a thread in a more fitting section of the forums. This is completely for fun, so the only rule is to not criticize everyone else's choices or flame each other or anything else along those lines. IMG_0717.JPG
You can make your own chart here: https://www.cpokemon.com/seccion/herramientas/tipos/en/

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'll repost mine from the speculative thread, and since this one focuses on it, I'll even give reasons for each!

Grass = Bulbasaur. It's my favourite starter in general. I like it because others often pick Charmander or Squirtle, and I've just felt like it was the underdog, something I've related to. It's also pretty cute, and can become really effective in combat.

Fire = Braixen. Honestly it was a though call. I almost placed Ho-Oh, but then again, not that big of fan of Legendaries, both in game, and as favourites. Braixen more because it's a cool design, and I like it's typing. I never evolve it to Delphox tho. Just if I have to complete the "living dex".

Water = Poliwhirl. I just think it's really cute. It's something about the colour, it's nature, and how it fights. Just liked him for many years, really. Also I know he is in the manga, which is cool.

Normal = Tauros. My all-time favourite Pokémon, no doubt. Growing up with a temperamentive dissorder as a kid, I felt that Tauros who had a wild temper in game and in the anime was quite reflective, that, once tamed, they can be great resources, and powerful teammates. I felt like I had the will, and power of a Tauros. So, it gave some meaning.

Electric - Galavantula. When I first saw it I thought it was really cute, and then captured it, played with it, and figured out how effective it could be on my team during B-W2.

Psychic - Gardevoir. Despite all fan-art out there, this Pokémon does have a lot of great moves in game. While I hate training up a Ralts, I still enjoy it from Kirlia to Gardevoir, often being a very strong member of any team I use when it's in the party.

Fighting = Lucario. Hard to pick out a fighting type. I guess because of Smash I thought Lucario looked pretty epic. He is sort of a face in Pokémon, and that does have it's prize, I guess.

Rock = Archeops. Honestly, it's really powerful. Rock and Flight was a delight of a combination. It's cool, and I enjoy using it.

Ground = Hippodown. I thought it was a cool design once I saw it in Diamond & Pearl. I'm more fan of the Female version, where it's all black.

Flight = Murkrow. Perhaps also one of my all-time favourite Pokémon. While mischevious, it's also a loner, growing up a victim of bullying, I also often could relate as a loner. This made me, like with Tauros feel something for the bird, and I came to like it. (Yeah, I know, getting personal here, ahaha ... don't read too much into it.)

Bug = Like with Tauros, it was ill tempered in the Anime, which was one thing, but it was still so cute. Whenever I got him in the games, I always trained him high, and used Twineedle, as it's such a powerful move. Made a real great member of any team.

Poison = Seviper. It's design is really cool, and it has become one of my all-time favourite Pokémon. It got great Poison moves, and was an effective team member.

Dark = Spiritomb. I just think it looks pretty epic, and it was obscure in it's original game, which made it even more intriguing to find it, and use it in the games. Also, the whole "forbidden" Pokémon lore makes it even more epic. Reminds me a bit of Dhelmise from Sun & Moon which I also really like.

Ghost = Haunter. Might be because it was so frustrating or time consuming to get Gengar as a child, but I really like Haunter, it's more of a Ghost than anything, and using it in my game I'd spam "Hypnosis + Dream Eater" and became a killer on the road.

Ice = Walrain. Not an easy type to pick one out from. I do think he is mighty powerful, and that Spheal is cute. Not a sucker for Sealeo tho, therefore Walrain triumphs.

Steel = Metagross. Another not easy pick. While that's said, I still thought he was awesome. Remember using one in Emerald. He was badass, pluss he reminds me for some reason by the crane in the Brave Little Toaster, ahaha.

Dragon = Hydraigon. I do not really like Dragons too much. I think they are overpowered. Still, there is something about this dangerous creature that really makes me go; "Wow", and while he takes a long time of grinding to evolve, I still think it is worth it.

Fairy = Mimikyu. I honestly don't have much other options. I still think Mimikyu's design is interesting, and he was a fun new Pokémon for Sun and Moon.

D

Deleted member

Fav mons.jpg
Fighting was probably the hardest one. I wasn't sure on whether I want to Mienshao or Lucario to take that spot, but in the end I chose Lucario because I have more history with him and because I felt that I was neglecting Gen 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos

I excluded legendaries from selection because I don't want to be here all day.

Most of these are from a word document of my ideal Pokemon team, with some tweaking due to a lot of type overlap. Here are some explanations for the rest of them... (I'll give explanations for the other types later)
Normal- This was a difficult choice because there's a lot of really nice Normal types (Blissey, Castform, Porygon-Z, Zangoose...), but I settled on Noctowl because of the ones I like the most, Noctowl is the only I've actually had on an in-game team.
Fire- Cyndaquil is one of my favorite starters because they're cute, they can pretend to be a fireplace, and Johto becomes a cozy little jacuzzi to relax in if you pick the happy little fireball.
Ice- Is was a toss-up between either this or Glaceon. Ice is nice, but there aren't a lot of Pokes that do it justice besides those two and Regice.
Ghost- This was a toss-up between Pseudo-Benevolent Grim Reaper whom'st I used in XD, the personification of an abnormally-high Infant Mortality Rating taken form of weather balloon whom'st I'm using in Ultra Moon, and "Mr. Stark, I don't feel do good..." the Pokemon whom'st I used in my first non-rare-candy-polluted run of Pokemon White. I chose the first option, because although I have a lot of problems getting around Dusclops's Gen 3 movepool, Drifblim has been having serious survivability issues, and Chandelure doesn't hold a candle to the other two's designs.

EDIT: The list below is technically more accurate, but features a lot of redundancy because my absolute favorites have a lot of type overlap.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I've done something like this a while ago, so I did some digging on my Imgur albums and found it:

Yeah, I know three of the Pokemon appear twice in this list, but they just happen to be my favorites for both of the types they appear in.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I remember doing something like this a while ago.
Fav_Pokemon.jpg
I tried to avoid having any Pokemon show up twice here.

Hobnail Boot

Smash Cadet

I usually stick with these guys when I play... I'm not overly fond of any fairy, bug or poison types so I picked the ones I semi-like.

Last edited:

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I couldn't get the image generator to work I will just write it out instead.

Grass- Ivysaur
Fire- Quilava
Water- Starmie
Electric- Raichu
Normal- Snorlax
Psychic- Espeon
Fighting- Lucario
Rock- Aerodactyl
Ground- Nidoking
Flying- Talonflame
Bug- Pinsir
Poison- Crobat
Ghost- Aegislash
Ice- Lapras
Dragon- Salamence
Dark- Tyranitar
Steel- Skarmory
Fairy- Alolan Ninetales

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Managed to find this from earlier, surprisingly it's still very accurate to how I feel now:

I avoided repeating Pokémon since I wanted to give the widest group of Pokémon I like.

Octosock

Smash Rookie
Grass- Roserade
Fire- Typhlosion
Water- Corsola
Normal- Dunsparce
Electric- Electivire
Psychic- Beheeyem
Fighting- Bewear
Rock- Armaldo
Ground- Gliscor
Flying- Noivern
Bug- Scizor
Poison- Drapion
Dark- Inconeroar
Ghost- Dusknoir
Ice- Vanilluxe
Steel- Solgaleo
Dragon- Garchomp
Fairy- Clefable

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I don't think I have a favorite Pokémon for every type, but I'll do my best. I inflated the font for my definitive favorites.

Normal - Heliolisk
Grass - Jumpluff
Fire - Heatran
Water - Palkia
Flying - Staraptor
Bug - Volcorona
Electric - Lanturn
Fighting - Blaziken
Ground - Groudon
Rock - Corsola
Poison - Nihilego
Psychic - Mew
Ice - Articuno
Ghost - Lunala
Dragon - Dragonite
Steel - Lucario
Dark - Yveltal
Fairy - Togekiss

Honorable Mentions: Quagsire, Victini, Torterra, Samurott, Chesnaught, Xerneas, Altaria, Greninja, Venusaur, Typhlosion, Pheromosa, Metagross, Flygon, Shedinja, Reshiram, Zekrom

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Grass- Breloom
Fire- Typhlosion
Water- Vaporeon
Normal- Porygon-Z
Electric- Ampharos
Psychic- Victini
Fighting- Lucario
Rock- Lycanroc (Dusk)
Ground- Zygarde (10%)
Flying- Staraptor
Bug- Genesect
Poison- Roserade
Dark- Krookodile
Ghost- Dusknoir
Ice- Sandslash (Alolan)
Steel- Skarmory
Dragon- Naganadel
Fairy- Clefable

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I brought this up in the Ultimate social thread, not realising that the same topic was here ... I really ought to visit other subforums more

Anyways:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I made one of these a while ago and probably deleted it, so I naturally had to make a new one and share it

Edit: stupid red x made me make another one. IMG_0247.JPG

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
favorites.jpeg-1.jpg

Edited: Switched out Magnezone for Vikavolt.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I don't have a picture of it but here's are my favorite ones and why:
Edit: Replaced Joltik with Yample

Normal: Gumshoos (Make the damn Rattatas pay for it!)

Fire: Arcanine (Goodest of boys)

Grass: Bulbsaur (so freaking cute in the movie, haven't seen it)

Water: Wailord (If it gets an evolution, i'm having this leviathan-like)

Fighting: Conkledurr (Grandpa Ronald McDonald on steroids)

Rock: Stakataka (Trump's walking wall)

Ground: Mudsdale (My horse is amazing)

Electric: Yample (Freaking Corgi!)

Pyschic: Mewtwo (nuff said)

Ice: Speal (they see me rolling, they hating)

Dark: Alolan Persian (Garfield you fat cat, i eat Jon it's what I do!)

Ghost: Haunter (who ya gonna call...)

Fairy: Sylveon (D R A G O N K I L L E R...)

Poison: Swalot (Fancy wancy mushy wushy)

Steel: Steelix (Me and his shiny teeth, epic cheesing)

Flying: Aerodactyl (Ridley from the prehistoric times)

Bug: Vikavolt (Jet Fighter of the insect world)

Dragon: Guzzlord ("I become Death, Eater of Cities)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Grass: Decidueye
Fire: Victini
Water: Starmie
Normal: Skitty
Electric: Rotom
Psychic: Espeon
Fighting: Lucario
Rock: Omastar
Ground: Krookodile