• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Favorite part of the Smash Bros. Invitational at E3?

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Probably when everyone started chanting Sakurai's name. I think he deserved it. Then they started chanting Reggie's name at the end.

If I was in the audience, I would have started a "YES!" chant.

weegee2407

Smash Cadet
Favorite parts?
"THE BUILD A BEAR COMBO!"
and my most favorite,
"SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT, FIGHTING TO SAVE THE WOOOOORRRLLLLDDD!"

Morbi

Scavenger
My favorite part of the invitational was when Zero got 3 (4?) Final Smashes with Zero Suit Samus. I remember the tension as I was curious about her new Final Smash, so I wanted him to get the Smash ball. The Final Smash was so HYPE. I was squeeing the entire match and it is now my favorite Final Smash from Smash 4. I do not even care about the other ones. You cannot top summoning Samus' Gunship.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
- The Build-a-Bear Combo!
- Maximum Potato
- Pick Man
- The stray Pikachus

And yeah, Megaman's Final Smash was just fantastic. That was thrilling to watch and hearing everyone's reactions was great.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
No doubt Mega Man's final smash, the crowd went absolutely bonkers, and D1's voice is like a hype multiplier. It was just amazing.

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
Putting on troll face: my favorite part waS when saukari immediately left to go fix the many errors and glitches in the game. Troll face off: there the first negative comment. Seriously though it was saving the world. Thank rosalina for getting hit on purpose

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
No doubt Mega Man's final smash, the crowd went absolutely bonkers, and D1's voice is like a hype multiplier. It was just amazing.
That was absolutely the most hype-worthy part. It was completely insane.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It's hard to say, but I think I'm going to go with whenever Mega Man was going to use his Final Smash. Man, the moments when he was just about to unleash it, and then finally succeeded with Rosalina in the Boxing Ring, were overwhelming.

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
Greninja's final smash followed by double bat home run. That and all the pikachu trolling. XD

D

Deleted member

Mega Man's final smash, by far. The crowd just ERUPTED with cheering, and it is probably the most hype we'll ever witness in regards to Smash 4, if not Smash as a whole.
Special mention goes to the Pikachu trolling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
The entire final match, The fact that it game down to Sudden Death was intense. Absolutely loved that match.

And then Reggie promised to kick HBox's ass. That's a close second.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
"I see a few stray Pikachus out there...Again, Pikachu was not even a character."

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
The Grand Finals
HungryBox's request to battle Reggie "For Glory" and Reggie's Response

The tournament was awesome!

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
The fact that Kirby is good again in smash! They should have announced pacman or falcon at that event. People would have lost their ****

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
The fact that Geoff was actually not that bad of a host. I hear a lot of bad from him and I'm glad we got some humor out of him especially with the Pikachu's.

His kind of monotone voice was a little off putting, though.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
I enjoyed the part where the people that have brains and hearts had more up votes in the comment section than the cry babies and haters.

I enjoyed the whole thing. Who couldn't? I wasn't expecting anything from it, and that's why I got the full experience out of it.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Greninja's double Home-Run Bat.
Geoff Keighley, the Dorito Pope was actually a great host.
Maximum Potato, Sakurai should make it a 0.001% chance of the Maxim Tomato being a Maxim Potato instead, with a soundclip of Scar's voice shouting "MAXIMUM POTATO!" whenever you pick it up.
Reggie promising Hungrybox that he'll get his ass kicked by the Reggienator.
Pikachu Trolling.
The Grand Finals, god was that really intense.
And of course...the #1 moment:
D1's epic voice made it even better.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
The fact that Geoff was actually not that bad of a host. I hear a lot of bad from him and I'm glad we got some humor out of him especially with the Pikachu's.

His kind of monotone voice was a little off putting, though.
The whole Pikachu thing was uncalled for though. There was a player behind the character at that tournament, so that looked like a di** move from him if you ask me.

I think my favorite parts of the invitational would have to be D1's commentary, the Mega Man final smash moment, and HungryBox's lead on the final match. Still wishing he would've taken the tournament instead of a certain someone that spammed side-b and ran away out of desperation.

Kirbizard

Smash Cadet
My favourite part was that there was a tournament in the first place. Hosted by Nintendo of all people, I still can't fully get my head around that.

Second favourite part was Mega Man's final smash, because obviously. :)

D

Deleted member

"Put down your Pikachus"

Honorable mention goes to Mega Man's final smash, mainly because of this video:

The whole thing was good fun though. Let's hope Reggie comes back to kick our asses next year.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to have to echo earlier thoughts and go with Mega Man's final smash. I'd heard about it coming into watching the invitational as I was a couple of days late in watching it and I still got hyped when I saw him grab the Smash Ball.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Mega Man's final smash, by far. The crowd just ERUPTED with cheering, and it is probably the most hype we'll ever witness in regards to Smash 4, if not Smash as a whole.
Special mention goes to the Pikachu trolling.
What do you think was louder, that or people chanting "AYYY! AYYY!" when Wobbles wobbled for the first time at Evo? Because I remember the crowd getting pretty into that chant haha.

Last edited:

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
ZSS Final Smash. We at least had a pic of the day for Mega Man's Final Smash.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
My overall favorite part was seeing all the players actually enjoy the game for what it is and not complaining about it not being melee. Seeing all the players having fun with the game gives me a lot of hope that smash 4 will have a huge audience when the game gets here from both the Melee/Project M and Brawl community.

Honorable mentions:
  • Megaman's final smash. You can't deny it's beauty. Hype overload by everyone in the audience and anyone watching.
  • Reggie being Reggie. Watch out for this guy he is practicing to kick some booty.
  • Getting to see some gameplay of Rosalina and seeing how her and Luma work together. Although it wasn't much we got a general idea of the character and we now know that Luma is stuck on a timer if it's defeated (7-8 second respawn).
  • Representing gen 6 with style! Greninja is extremely quick and has great combo potential. Sakurai did a great job on our ninja froggy.
  • Just watching the matches and seeing the speed increase from brawl made me pretty happy.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Reggie firing shots. D1 going berserk at Mega Man's final smash. Celebrity match because the match was probably the most competitive out of them all. Bowser confirmed buff tier.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
That was actually a welcome surprise for me honestly. The Celebrity match actually had a lot of things going on and the action was fast paced, it was definitely not what I expected it to be. Hell, it even had a hype Final Smash moment.

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
The best part was that guy who kept voting for Pikaachu. lmao

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The fact that Geoff Keighley clearly didn't care for being there, and how entertaining that was to watch in progress.

He wanted to wring the necks of all those Pikachu voters. You could hear it in the way his voice sizzled, the way those cold, dead eyes stared into the empty void above all those waving, colorful character sheets.

It was great.

Top Bottom